Trying hard not to get discouraged...

Well my check came and again I had to help my mom...with groceries and gas...and I'm left with nothing...

Its getting depressing because I do hard work as a housekeeper,,my feet ache when I get home and it sucks to not be able to save because my dad laid around for 5 months and my brother gives his money away and the other doesnt work...

I feel like I'm being punished by picking up their slack... Ive been on my first job 7months theres no reason why I shouldnt have a savings..

I'm just really sad because I feel ill mever move out or move on...I'm 26..I'm so old I can feel it..people younger than me are overlapping me.. I feel ill never move on...it just depresses me to the point of wantingg to quit both jobs bc I'm not doing this for my health and I may as well be volunteering bc I give all my money to my mom...its come to the point I actually hate when I get paid.

And I'm starting to resent my family.

Please help! So I dont do anything crazy...I'm extremely frustrated.

Budget girl.
Helping out is one thing but supporting is another

Deduct your tithe and some savings and what you need to live and Then help out.

Pray about it all and Budget Budget budget.
Blessings
FCJ
Budgeting isnt the problem...the problem is that my mom always needs help because no one will help her but me.

Well my check came and again I had to help my mom...with groceries and gas...and I'm left with nothing...

Its getting depressing because I do hard work as a housekeeper,,my feet ache when I get home and it sucks to not be able to save because my dad laid around for 5 months and my brother gives his money away and the other doesnt work...

I feel like I'm being punished by picking up their slack... Ive been on my first job 7months theres no reason why I shouldnt have a savings..

I'm just really sad because I feel ill mever move out or move on...I'm 26..I'm so old I can feel it..people younger than me are overlapping me.. I feel ill never move on...it just depresses me to the point of wantingg to quit both jobs bc I'm not doing this for my health and I may as well be volunteering bc I give all my money to my mom...its come to the point I actually hate when I get paid.

You're laying up your treasure in heaven, not on earth, which is a far better thing.

1 Corinthians 10:31 (KJV)
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.​

If you do it for the Lord, then it'll be up to Him to solve the problem and you don't have to worry about it and certainly you put to shame the thoughts that plague you in this matter.

Hello Autumn Oddity;

I have prayerfully been reading your threads and you are getting some wise counsel from scripture.

I was wondering, did you mention you are working more than one job?

For starters, you don't seem to have a large debt ratio, just that your paycheck is already spent helping your Mom.

I'm retired in my accounting career and there is a simple "costing and budget" that you can use as a guideline to manage your monies.

I'm also praying for God's portion and your provisions.

God bless you and your family.

Last edited:
Budget girl.
Helping out is one thing but supporting is another

Deduct your tithe and some savings and what you need to live and Then help out.

Pray about it all and Budget Budget budget.
Blessings
FCJ

Hello FC Jim;

In my previous post to Autumn Oddity; do the rules at CFS allow me to message our sister (if it's ok with her) a simple tip for costing and budgeting?

I want to stay within the guideline rules of our fellowship.

Thank you, brother!

Hello FC Jim;

In my previous post to Autumn Oddity; do the rules at CFS allow me to message our sister (if it's ok with her) a simple tip for costing and budgeting?

I want to stay within the guideline rules of our fellowship.

Thank you, brother!
Hi Bob,
No Sir that is Not a problem at all especially if autumn oddity is good with it.

Thank you for the respectful post my Brother and Friend.
God Bless
FCJ

Thank you, FC Jim!

Hey Autumn Oddity, I'm happy to serve with a tip on budgeting if you will let me know.

Question. Did you say you are working more than one job?

God bless you and your family.

1. Speak to someone about your situation at your local church. Seeking someone wiser than you to asses your home life will help you find a plan that you may be able to start working for. Also you can convey your needs to them and they can lift you and your situation up in prayer. There is also a small possibility they through the church community they may have some better living situations for you should they deem that your living situation isn't a good fit.

2. I'm not sure what your job situation looks like at the moment. I do remember reading that you are working two part time jobs. If possible maybe take some time to see if you can find a better full time job that suits you better and see if there re any positions that can pay you more than what you are making at your current places of employment.

3. Continue to lift your needs and desires up to the Lord in prayer as well as make sure that you are pursuing the Lord as well in reading the bible. If you have any friends that are also believers all well I'm sure you have told them about the things that you are struggling with. Ask them to be in prayer about your situation.

4. If possible as well try to speak to your family about your state of being living in there household and see if there can be a better solution to what is being employed while living in there home. If this is something that you may think may help I would ask a fellow believer to pray for you before bringing this up to your family and maybe even ask them to accompany you while speak to your family.

Back