TV viewing habits

I watched epsidoes of Friends back to back on Netflix
Oh my eyes.

Its eye candy and funny, but..I started having unreal thoughts like...what these friends spend all their lives hanging out in a coffee shop? Don't they have actual jobs to do.
And, how can they afford a huge apartment in NYC on the kind of lowly jobs they have.
Plus. Don't they get sick of each other hanging round together all the time. lol

Yes, those kinds of shows are unrealistic.

we have soaps here and they are supposed to depict real life scenarios. But all they do for me is make me wonder how they get to cram in so much drama in one week.
Murders, robberies, suicides, adulteries, you name it and I always wonder when they are just going to lead normal boring lives like the rest of us lol

I watched epsidoes of Friends back to back on Netflix
Oh my eyes.

Its eye candy and funny, but..I started having unreal thoughts like...what these friends spend all their lives hanging out in a coffee shop? Don't they have actual jobs to do.
And, how can they afford a huge apartment in NYC on the kind of lowly jobs they have.
Plus. Don't they get sick of each other hanging round together all the time. lol
The really scary part was having Tom Selleck showing up as one of their boyfriends, even though old enough to be her dad!

uh.
Well.
secret...I was a background extra on a tv soap a few times.
Here's the thing, while everyone else is doing their actions and saying lines and stuff, you as an extra CANNOT speak or make any noise or say anything. You have to mime speaking. And also pretend to eat and drink fake food. Of course in normal life everyone else talks and does things but on TV only the cast can say the words. And of course it's all scripted.

Nobody is THAT witty to say stuff that can always be funny or clever.

Some lovely sense of humour in this thread , so you are going to find me quite boring.
The only sci-fi I ever liked was Lost in Space.
I have always loved animals and my favourite tv show, as a child, were always based on animals. My favourite was about a black horse called Fury. Others were Lassie, Champion the Wonder Horse, Flipper, and all the cartoons about anilals.
When I got older I liked the documentaries about wildlife or anything to do with nature I still like them now bit they show many any more.
I remember when Dallas used to be on and I was completely addicted to it.
Don't really watch tv any more .
I do like quiz shows.

Cosia your comment reminded me of a show that our family watched when I was a child "My three sons."

As a child, TV was a novelty there were only 3 channels to watch in my beginning ABC, NBC and CBS and TV went off the air when it got late and didn't come back on tell early morning. The rabbit ears didn't always pick up the channels well either.

Cosia your comment reminded me of a show that our family watched when I was a child "My three sons."

As a child, TV was a novelty there were only 3 channels to watch in my beginning ABC, NBC and CBS and TV went off the air when it got late and didn't come back on tell early morning. The rabbit ears didn't always pick up the channels well either.

Hey Chuck;

I remember when TV went off the air late at night and didn't come back on till early morning. When the TV wasn't getting clear reception I would actually hold the rabbit ears and the family would tell me to just stand there and not move. lol!

I vaguely remember My Three Sons. I used to like Leave it to Beaver. I remember rabbit ears they were temperamental.

I was a fan of the Simpsons, the early episodes.
It was the 90s. Everyone would come home, sit on the couch, and watch TV. All the other tv sitcoms would show families having discussions and stuff but this tv show showed what families really did, which was sit on the couch and watch tv together.

lol.

I vaguely remember My Three Sons. I used to like Leave it to Beaver. I remember rabbit ears they were temperamental.

Leave it to Beaver, Gunsmoke, The Rifleman, The Andy Griffith show, I love Lucy were a handle full of the show our family watched. Along with Lawrence Welk and a number of others.

Leave it to Beaver, Gunsmoke, The Rifleman, The Andy Griffith show, I love Lucy were a handle full of the show our family watched. Along with Lawrence Welk and a number of others.
What is interesting is that we tend to watch TV land and stream channels that show old goodies more then view current ones! And back then, Barbara eden was taken to task for showing off her belly button, and Elvis for moving his hips, but contrast that to what the censers allow today!

TV broadcasting in NZ isn't that great but I think its become a bit more diverse, which is good, as now Maori have their own channel in their language, and there's Christian TV and all other sorts of channels.
But the fragmentation of TV means more choice, but it also means people don't have common experiences as much when it was just 2 channels.
I suppose it's like having different denom churches.

TV broadcasting in NZ isn't that great but I think its become a bit more diverse, which is good, as now Maori have their own channel in their language, and there's Christian TV and all other sorts of channels.
But the fragmentation of TV means more choice, but it also means people don't have common experiences as much when it was just 2 channels.
I suppose it's like having different denom churches.
Able to stream over there?

Back