TV viewing habits

Nah I just read the bible to learn about God, and Jesus Christ. Still like sometimes my music, and watching youtube, though mostly it is just games, or my teacher (Heart of the Matter Shawn Mcranny) or music.

To those who liked twilight zone a couple of my favorites was a person who desired all the books in the world and after a nuclear strike he came upon a standing library but end up breaking his glasses.

Another one is of a librarian who was no longer found of any use, and the government was going to execute him in front of the public, for display of power. (The librarian was very crafty in that show even though he still died anyway) - profound showing of Christ like love. (In my opinion.)

Another one is a lady who desired with all her might to beautiful like the other in this hospital. However, they could never make her look just right, and had to go to the other facility with all the (Defective people were) - great psychological perspective of beauty and vanity.

Another one is of 5 characters in this large well, a clown, a ballerina, a general, a bum, and a ... I forgot. Either way, they looked for all types of ways to get out, and once they teamed up to make it and the general fell out, you realize they were all children's toys. - a great psychological display of the mind, and all of the feelings we go through.

Another one when this airplane ship goes back in time, to the dinosaurs which was neat.

Another one is Talking Tina doll, - a great psychological trip from the perspective of an angry father.

And one more that I can think of off the top of my head is these two couple go into a diner, and they see a fortune telling box, that only cost a penny. They rely on it so much they can not stop using it, even coming back later after they are older. A great psychological telling of idolism.
The howling man.
About the devil being kept inside a castle wall by a brotherhood to stop him wrecking havoc on the world 😊

I just love these scripts.

I do not like commercials either, but someone has to pay the bills.
We have a television license in the U.K.

We also have these amazing vans with technology that can come round to your house and tell if your watching tv without a license.
Only thing is, you may not even have a tv....
don’t quite know how that works tbh

We have a television license in the U.K.

We also have these amazing vans with technology that can come round to your house and tell if your watching tv without a license.
Only thing is, you may not even have a tv....
don’t quite know how that works tbh
I think I remember something about that from when I lived in Germany. Not sure if I recall this, or if my mind is making it up. It was something about needing some license to have a TV, I think?

When I first went to Germany (1980), the Armed Forces Television Network just sucked the big one. It was only a coupe of hours a day. Important stuff, like the Super Bowl, was shown the following day so you had to avoid watching the news to not learn how it ended. I think at some point, we were able to get a dish and that is when the license thing started

I think I remember something about that from when I lived in Germany. Not sure if I recall this, or if my mind is making it up. It was something about needing some license to have a TV, I think?

When I first went to Germany (1980), the Armed Forces Television Network just sucked the big one. It was only a coupe of hours a day. Important stuff, like the Super Bowl, was shown the following day so you had to avoid watching the news to not learn how it ended. I think at some point, we were able to get a dish and that is when the license thing started
I would rather they phase it out and had advertisements pay for it tbh.
If you don’t own a tv, they still keep sanding threatening letters and even if you let them in to show proof, they then demand to call vevery week to make sure you haven’t just hid it. They seem to think it’s abnormal not to even think about not having one

it’s a farce ☹️

I would rather they phase it out and had advertisements pay for it tbh.
If you don’t own a tv, they still keep sanding threatening letters and even if you let them in to show proof, they then demand to call vevery week to make sure you haven’t just hid it. They seem to think it’s abnormal not to even think about not having one

it’s a farce ☹️
It's crazy. We don't have that kind of silliness here, but we do have this anima called a "code enforcer." They drive around neighborhoods looking for violations like letting your grass grow too tall, construction with no permits, etc.

They have silly rules. If I worked from home, I would need a permit and my home office could not be greater that 100 square feet. Have to have a yearly permit. So much for the land of the free.

It's crazy. We don't have that kind of silliness here, but we do have this anima called a "code enforcer." They drive around neighborhoods looking for violations like letting your grass grow too tall, construction with no permits, etc.

They have silly rules. If I worked from home, I would need a permit and my home office could not be greater that 100 square feet. Have to have a yearly permit. So much for the land of the free.
We don’t have your type silliness yet.
Considering we are cousins in arms.

but one time back in 1698, we had a window tax law. The more windows your house had the more you paid...
Until it became a problem where people were suffering health problems. It eventually got repealed in 1851.

We don’t have your type silliness yet.
Considering we are cousins in arms.

but one time back in 1698, we had a window tax law. The more windows your house had the more you paid...
Until it became a problem where people were suffering health problems. It eventually got repealed in 1851.

Yes, the cost of permits! I have a friend who was trying to earn a modest salary as a contractor for a business, using only her laptop and cell phone. The State of California requires she obtain a business license, but on top of that a home permit to do business. The total amount was ridiculous, but it was the price to pay to do business from home.

I remember the window tax law back in 1698. For 153 years, even with more windows, they couldn't "see through it."

I'm just doing a little survey on each...I'm not judging anyone ok?

Some of us like watching tv, some reading books, and others listening to music or radio. What I'm interested in is how much or often do we do of each activity, and what our daily habits are?

I'll start by sharing my TV viewing habits and how they've changed over time.

Ok I as a child of the 80s grew up with television. Everybody had at least one tv at home, usually in the living room, it was in colour, and I remember it having just two channels, then about 10 years later we had 3, and then sky tv came (cable tv) which you had to pay for, and eventually more people got that, and they could get heaps more channels.

As a child I would watch whatever my older sister watched, as she was the eldest and had control of the tv and later, the remote (the older ones you had to get up to change the channel!). There were childrens shows on before and after school, and in the daytime there were soaps, news was at 6o' clock, and then more soaps, then a sitcom, a more adult tv show and maybe a movie. Then tv would shut down for the night to start again the next morning.

My dad would religiously watch the 6 o clock news as he was also interested in the weather. The news was an hour long, and very boring to my childish eyes. I preferred cartoons, although I never made much sense of some of them, like Tom and Jerry or Roadrunner! There was a tv program called Playschool, and this taught children how to spell and tell the time, and had puppets and toys on it. There was also Sesame Street. I thought the puppets were real characters! They were more interesting than the boring adults.

There were lots of advertising for stuff people couldn't afford, but we had to endure the ads (commercials) anyway. Every 15 minutes, ads would come on. We watched tv every single day. On Sundays, there used to be no ads at all. As soon as we got home from school, we would turn on the tv, and watch until dinner time.

I know! Our eyes must have rotted and our brains must be damaged from all the radiation. To be continued....
I find myself going back to classics such as beverly Hillbillies and dark Shadows and Hogan Heros and Gunsmoke, as watch them more thasn any curreent shows!

Some shows you can watch over and over they don't get old.
It's like books some books you want to read over and over. Or music you could listen to over and over.

I watched the movie Yesterday on Netflix. It was about the Beatles, except they never existed and another guy was singing their songs and passing them off as his own. Such classic songs everyone knows, even if you weren't born around the time the Beatles were.

I went through a phase of watching old Hollywood classic movies on video. Musicals mostly. The sound of Music doesn't get old, and also movies like Gone With the Wind (even though it's old and some would say, really racist! ) the drama of it and the acting plus the costumes and setting just make it a visual treat. And both movies were based on real life events, world war 2 for Sound of Music and the American civil war in Gone with the Wind. It's not like they are totally made up scenarios.

I'm just doing a little survey on each...I'm not judging anyone ok?

Some of us like watching tv, some reading books, and others listening to music or radio. What I'm interested in is how much or often do we do of each activity, and what our daily habits are?

I'll start by sharing my TV viewing habits and how they've changed over time.

Ok I as a child of the 80s grew up with television. Everybody had at least one tv at home, usually in the living room, it was in colour, and I remember it having just two channels, then about 10 years later we had 3, and then sky tv came (cable tv) which you had to pay for, and eventually more people got that, and they could get heaps more channels.

As a child I would watch whatever my older sister watched, as she was the eldest and had control of the tv and later, the remote (the older ones you had to get up to change the channel!). There were childrens shows on before and after school, and in the daytime there were soaps, news was at 6o' clock, and then more soaps, then a sitcom, a more adult tv show and maybe a movie. Then tv would shut down for the night to start again the next morning.

My dad would religiously watch the 6 o clock news as he was also interested in the weather. The news was an hour long, and very boring to my childish eyes. I preferred cartoons, although I never made much sense of some of them, like Tom and Jerry or Roadrunner! There was a tv program called Playschool, and this taught children how to spell and tell the time, and had puppets and toys on it. There was also Sesame Street. I thought the puppets were real characters! They were more interesting than the boring adults.

There were lots of advertising for stuff people couldn't afford, but we had to endure the ads (commercials) anyway. Every 15 minutes, ads would come on. We watched tv every single day. On Sundays, there used to be no ads at all. As soon as we got home from school, we would turn on the tv, and watch until dinner time.

I know! Our eyes must have rotted and our brains must be damaged from all the radiation. To be continued....
I don't recall too many shows from my youth. I currently watch uplifting or interesting documentaries; love Himalaya quests, shows like trying to become a NAVY SEAL ... incredible mental and physical toughness; those type of things. Watched a great (documentary?) about a lawyer who was atheist and researched significantly, who them became a Christian. (The Case for Christ?) Enjoy Dr. Charles Stanley and Pastor Robert Morris. Also watch YouTube and enjoy interspecies animal friendships, people's strong relationships with animals they've rescued, some Saturday Night Live. Loved Belushi, Akroyd, the older ones... There are many animal Youtube videos or talking birds, comical things animals do. I do not watch news (fearbased; and what can we do, regardless?); or violent programs. It hurts too much to watch man's inhumanity to man, social/racial injustice; what we're doing to our planet, etc. Was always a softie; very challenging to navigate this world now, but our Father always comes to my rescue. : ) Do believe it's insulating myself from most of the world, but being hypersensitive, I do what is necessary; what is good for my heart and soul. There is scripture ... Phillipians 6:9? (may not have verbatim) ... Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is pure, what is lovely, whatever is admirable, if there is anything excellent or praiseworthy, think about these things.

I was reading the posts in TV viewing habits

As far back as I can remember watching tv, there were only 3 networks at the time, ABC, CBS and NBC and remember in England there was the BBC in 1964. In the late 60s I remember hearing for the first time, "channel 100 on cable tv."

We had one black and white tv and an antenna in our home. I barely remember having a second tv in the room my two brothers and I shared.

Multiple tvs in a house was not common then. Color tv in the 60s up to the late 80s had not worked out the color kinks - there was a color knob to adjust the pink, green, red, etc...too much color was weird.

Like watching someone with a green face.

I guess with the increase of tv stations, cable would cause the local or national government to start charging a tv license. In my opinion that is milk money for whoever is charging it.

The howling man.
About the devil being kept inside a castle wall by a brotherhood to stop him wrecking havoc on the world 😊

I just love these scripts.
Remember the one where Jack Klugman "died" and everyone else was frozen in place, and at end, he got a trumpet from Gabriel. and came back to ;ife and met a girl?

One tv is enough for most households, I reckon.
I remember my neighbour was like you should get a tv for your bedroom and I'm like no way. I'm not having something that noisy on when I want to sleep and relax.

I suppose if you having fights over what to watch then maybe if you can afford it, you would buy another one, but they are expensive and who has the space?

There is a tv in the library, though I didn't put it there, the previous librarian did. I only use it for end of year movie showings or chrome cast quiz games I make myself..the rest of the time I put a fish aquarium webcam on.

I prefer peace and quiet and often mute the tv or just turn it off if nobody's watching it. Can't stand ads.
The only time I've ever watched tv all night was when telethon was on and we were raising money for charities.

I don't like the news either but parents live in the household and they used to tuning in the news. I imagine back in the day when it was govt owned it was the main way to broadcast things. We also used to have ONE radio station for the entire country that was state owned but now we have hundreds of them, local, both commercial and community.

new technology can be a pain if you don't know how it works.
The other week I was trying to cast a movie on to the library tv, and it went on but NO sound.
I had to plug in the USB instead.

But I rung the IT help previously and they had it going before with sound, so? I was pushing all these buttons to no avail.
Some of the remotes are now so complicated and tvs with so many options, passwords, channels that you just want to turn something on once and it works.

Back