Unanswered Prayers

Great scripture. That really says it all doesn't it....

God is FAITHFUL to afflict us - when need be :)
Why would you think this person was "afflicted"? Because he had gone astray from God's Word!!!What happens when you go astray from God's Word? You wind up giving the devil a place in your life, and he will afflict you whether you want it or not.

Psa 119:67.. Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep your word.
Psa 119:68.. You are good and do good; teach me your statutes.
Psa 119:69.. The insolent smear me with lies, but with my whole heart I keep your precepts;
Psa 119:70.. their heart is unfeeling like fat, but I delight in your law.
Psa 119:71.. It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I might learn your statutes.
Psa 119:72.. The law of your mouth is better to me than thousands of gold and silver pieces.

You do know you can learn some things by your own ways in going astray. When you put your hand in the fire will it not burn you? Did God teach you this? Did you not teach yourself not to do that again?

If we never receive answers to our prayers, it will because we never really believed we had already received it what we asked for after we prayed. If there is no answer to our prayers that is exactly what we expected which was nothing, so we received nothing. Unanswered prayer is answered prayer.
If we ask anything according to his will he hears us, and if we know that he hears us then we know we "have" what we asked him for. Asking God for something and waiting to see if it happens is not prayer, but wishing.

Why would you think this person was "afflicted"? Because he had gone astray from God's Word!!!What happens when you go astray from God's Word? You wind up giving the devil a place in your life, and he will afflict you whether you want it or not.

Psa 119:67.. Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep your word.
Psa 119:68.. You are good and do good; teach me your statutes.
Psa 119:69.. The insolent smear me with lies, but with my whole heart I keep your precepts;
Psa 119:70.. their heart is unfeeling like fat, but I delight in your law.
Psa 119:71.. It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I might learn your statutes.
Psa 119:72.. The law of your mouth is better to me than thousands of gold and silver pieces.

You do know you can learn some things by your own ways in going astray. When you put your hand in the fire will it not burn you? Did God teach you this? Did you not teach yourself not to do that again?
I would agree with u that God will bring affliction to a disobedient child.. But God as well can bring adversity to an obedient child as well, like Job, to serve a greater purpose.. And that to glorify Himself and His Supremacy

If we never receive answers to our prayers, it will because we never really believed we had already received it what we asked for after we prayed. If there is no answer to our prayers that is exactly what we expected which was nothing, so we received nothing. Unanswered prayer is answered prayer.
If we ask anything according to his will he hears us, and if we know that he hears us then we know we "have" what we asked him for. Asking God for something and waiting to see if it happens is not prayer, but wishing.
According to His will!! Not your name it and claim it physical comforts and pleasures here and now.. That's sorcery

I would agree with u that God will bring affliction to a disobedient child.. But God as well can bring adversity to an obedient child as well, like Job, to serve a greater purpose.. And that to glorify Himself and His Supremacy
I believe there is a big difference between God "allowing" affliction as apposed to God "commissioning" it. As with all good parents the Lord God chastises, and corrects his children without us asking him to do so. What he uses is his Word to correct his children.

2Ti 3:16.. All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, (ESV)

2Ti 3:16.. Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God's will in thought, purpose, and action), (AMP)

According to His will!! Not your name it and claim it physical comforts and pleasures here and now.. That's sorcery
Obviously, with out knowing the will of God prayer can never be answered, as it takes faith for prayer to work, and faith comes by hearing the Word of God. If you do not know the will of God forget about receiving anything.

Jas 1:6.. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
Jas 1:7.. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

That's not 100% scripture.
Job was upright but yet all that happened to him was because???
What do you think?

Obviously, with out knowing the will of God prayer can never be answered, as it takes faith for prayer to work, and faith comes by hearing the Word of God. If you do not know the will of God forget about receiving anything.

Jas 1:6.. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
Jas 1:7.. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
To the Holy, all God's promises are Yes and Amen, 2 Cor 1:20.

That's not 100% scripture.
Faith is never believing it is going to receive something in the future, it believes it has already received when it believed. If not, you will never get it. The scripture does not say "whatever we ask in prayer we will receive" it says "what ever we ask in prayer "believing" we will receive" (Matt 21:22) The "believing" part is not you are going to get it someday, it believes it has already received it!!

Mar 11:24.. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

The faith (believing) part is not you are going to get it, but you have already received it.

While we are on this earth, we will never be 100% holy. And examples are abundant in scripture where God says no.

Look at Paul's thorn in the flesh, it was never removed from God

All prayers are answered. It is up to us to recognize the answer.
If we expect a certain answer, and do not get it, then we did not recognized the answer.

Suppose the answer is not a confirmation. Is that not an answer? Yes it is, if we recognize it as such.
God will not confirm an untruth, deception, satan, what we don't need, or to please our ego, etc.
So a non-confirmation is an answer by no answer. The answer is found by our own honesty about self.

Suppose we pray for tolerance and God answers us with everything we lack tolerance for. Is God not answering the prayer? Yes He is, as a teacher. He is giving us plenty of exercise and practice in toleration. Some things need to be learnt, and not just suddenly be given insight, a history of how to tolerate, an understanding of what to and not to tolerate, how much to tolerate during someone else's growth, etc. All these things come from practicing tolerance.

I am about to die. I pray for an extension on life, and I get no reprieve. Has God not answered my prayer? Yes, by not confirming my life in this world. Life here is for the body only. We are not the body, though we have one. We are not here for self, but for the soul. We are to preserve the soul as best we can, by following Jesus Christ, to be worthy of divinity. Our true life is beyond this one. So why worry about this one, unless the soul is in danger of barely ...escaping through the flames [1 Cor 3:15]. If so, then use what time one has to clean house and be filled with the Spirit of God.

Faith in God will reveal all answers to our prayers. Some are so deep in Truth, it will take much faith, in our humility, to see it. Those who are truly humble 'know' their prayers are answered.
The answer is always the Truth, and always for the betterment of the soul - if we recognise the answer. It is in our recognition that the answer gets embedded into the soul.

As Jesus said many times. Do not be afraid, have faith, and believe in me.

While we are on this earth, we will never be 100% holy. And examples are abundant in scripture where God says no.

Again that's not scriptural. In Jesus we are holy we are righteous. He said to "Be Holy, for I am holy" 1 Pet 1:16. He wouldn't command something we cannot obtain in Him. We are to cease from sin. He's made it possible. We just have to obey.

Again that's not scriptural. In Jesus we are holy we are righteous. He said to "Be Holy, for I am holy" 1 Pet 1:16. He wouldn't command something we cannot obtain in Him. We are to cease from sin. He's made it possible. We just have to obey.
Again that's not scriptural. In Jesus we are holy we are righteous. He said to "Be Holy, for I am holy" . He wouldn't command something we cannot obtain in Him. We are to cease from sin. He's made it possible. We just have to obey.
Believers are DECLARED righteous and HOLY by the righteousness of Christ.. That's justification.. Imputed! Until the final glorification, we battle with the sinful flesh as Paul states, warring against each other.. So are you sinless Abdicate?

We are all are becoming, and in the process of being "sanctified" which means to "make holy". Even though our outward actions might not align up to this "perfection", yet he that is in us is already "perfect" in every way. Looking into the "mirror" of the Word of God reveals this person in us, and as we see him in us we are being changed into that same image from glory to glory!! Only as we see Christ in us do our outward actions match his.

2Co 3:18.. And all of us, as with unveiled face, [because we] continued to behold [in the Word of God] as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another; [for this comes] from the Lord [Who is] the Spirit. (AMP)

Believers are DECLARED righteous and HOLY by the righteousness of Christ.. That's justification.. Imputed! Until the final glorification, we battle with the sinful flesh as Paul states, warring against each other.. So are you sinless Abdicate?
I'm a sinner because I was born a sinner, not because I sin. Must you continue in sin?

I'm a sinner because I was born a sinner, not because I sin. Must you continue in sin?
So yes you believe you live sinless correct?? "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanses us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him out a liar, and His Word is not in us. 1John1 8-10.. Paul in Romans 7 as well teaches that in this flesh is no good thing and that believers war against it. Must I continue in sin?? Is that an accusation that I'm living or practicing lawlessness against Gods commands? No, all Gods people DESIRE to live Holy, so therefore walk in obedience by Gods grace Alone.. The elect live by faith in the mercy of Christ and His righteousness Alone as their grounds of justification.. There is nothing but pride in what you teach and lacks humility.. And its unscriptural

Romans 3:23 (ESV2011)
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,​

1John 5:17-18 (ESV2011)
All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin that does not lead to death. We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him.​

1st John is pretty clear that all believers still sin, and when we interpret scripture with scripture, then we see that 1st John 5 is referring to people who are in unrepentant/habitual sin.

Peter sinned (Gal 2), Paul sinned (Romans 7) and in Psalm 42 we see David and his inner struggle with sin.

Back