Unity and Uniformity 2

What is sad is that the Charismatics allow for them to have that really rotten fruit right in their midst, if they would just clean up their houses, as while do not agree with some of their theology, have NO support at all fro both WoF and NAR!
Well, us Evangelicals, Baptists etc., also have some house cleaning, unless you want to take part in their 'Woke/Intersectionality/White Privilege propaganda'.

Todd Bentley kicked the older woman in the face with his motorcycle boot to the cure cancer because "The Holy Spirit told him to". These charlatans are a dime-a-dozen and absolutely harm the cause of Christ. He is a definite Bozo to stay clear of.

Um, that's somewhat problematic to my way of thinking, if you don't mind my saying so. The Lord, who created this universe by speaking it into existence by the word of His mouth, being prone to His causes and will being harmed by puny men? Hmm. The comparison doesn't see plausible to me.

MM

What is sad is that the Charismatics allow for them to have that really rotten fruit right in their midst, if they would just clean up their houses, as while do not agree with some of their theology, have NO support at all fro both WoF and NAR!

They foolishly fear the reproach of, "Don't touch God's anointed..." It took a prophet in the days of old to know a man was anointed of God, but today, every Tom, Dick and Harry who rarely cracks his Bible open knows who's anointed of God and who isn't...or so they think...

MM

Um, that's somewhat problematic to my way of thinking, if you don't mind my saying so. The Lord, who created this universe by speaking it into existence by the word of His mouth, being prone to His causes and will being harmed by puny men? Hmm. The comparison doesn't see plausible to me.

MM
They "harm the cause of Christ" in this manner...

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
2 Peter 2:1-2 (KJV)

or, a similar principle...

For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written. Romans 2:24 (KJV)

somewhat fulfilling...

Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die. 2 Samuel 12:14 (KJV)

Although God is all powerful, He often voluntarily restricts Himself through the use of means.

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written. Romans 2:24 (KJV)

somewhat fulfilling...

Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die. 2 Samuel 12:14 (KJV)

Although God is all powerful, He often voluntarily restricts Himself through the use of means.

Thanks, CN. You've brought up some interesting items for discussion that, perhaps, we all can find some unity in it all:

In your 2 Peter 2 reference, who are they that follow the pernicious ways of false teachers and false prophets? I once followed such, but the Lord disallowed the harm from keeping me from His truths. He reached into my mind and heart, placing doubts in there based upon what I knew of scripture already. I followed them at the first because they acted more like a family compared to evangelical groups I had ever been a part. They gathered together every week like a family, which is a shameful testimony to status quo churchianity among "protestants."

The Lord used my Baptist background upbringing, however, and that brought me to the point that I started asking them the hard questions, which only angered them, with them demanding that I simply believe them...without question. My eyebrows, of course, went up immediately, which always furrow the brow when confronted by troubling assaults like that. It wasn't long before I left them and returned to being a biblicist.

I alone was to blame for allowing myself to be drawn away like that. Some, however, may exclaim, "Yeah, but what about those who don't have the background to fall back upon?"

Well, that's where the power of Christ comes in to keep any harm from those whom He has chosen, based upon His foreknowledge. He promised that there is no power great enough to pluck them from His hands, which leads to the question, then, "What can possibly happen that would ever do harm to the cause of the One who holds all power and authority in His hands?"

Yes, we hate to see people led astray, but we cannot see their future, and where they will be before they die, and what the Lord will do through whomever He so chooses to reach them in His good time.

What I'm getting at is that not even Satan himself has the power to do harm to the cause of Christ. The Lord uses harm to accomplish His own ends.

Therefore my contending that the claim that there are those out there who can do harm to the cause of the Lord, with people being led astray...ALL things work for the good to those who love the Lord and are CALLED according to His purposes. Those who go astray all the way to the point of death, they have nobody but themselves to blame for following the lies when what may be known of God is evident in all of nature, as is stated in Romans 1.

Just my 1/10,000th cents worth...

MM

They foolishly fear the reproach of, "Don't touch God's anointed..." It took a prophet in the days of old to know a man was anointed of God, but today, every Tom, Dick and Harry who rarely cracks his Bible open knows who's anointed of God and who isn't...or so they think...

MM
The Apostle Paul Himself, truely the annoited of the Lord Jesus, Himself did not use that "do not touch me" card, as he instead agreed when the bereans checked His theology against Bible!

somewhat fulfilling...

They also cause some to join cults "Bible based". XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

STAFF EDIT: Violation of Forum Rule 3.1 and Rule 3.2c - demeaning specific named groups.

They also cause some to join cults "Bible based".XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

My hand is raised in the air for that one...back when I was young and dumb. The baptist ministers I had back then never said a word about XXXXXXXXXXXXX and other cults. Jesus, however, recued me to keep His cause from ever suffering harm at the hands of false teachers.

MM

Staff Edit: Violation of Forum Rule 3.1 and 3.2c - demeaning a group by name.

In your 2 Peter 2 reference, who are they that follow the pernicious ways of false teachers and false prophets?
You bring up many points. (one of the reason I struggle with longer posts. I guess I'll try to answer them piecemeal).
In 2 Pet 2:1 Peter says 'you', speaking (I believe) to a visible Church made up of a mixed multitude, mainly believers.

I once followed such, but the Lord disallowed the harm from keeping me from His truths.
Yes His truths are a means by which He draws His own. (Jn 17:17)

Some, however, may exclaim, "Yeah, but what about those who don't have the background to fall back upon?"

Well, that's where the power of Christ comes in to keep any harm from those whom He has chosen, based upon His foreknowledge. He promised that there is no power great enough to pluck them from His hands, which leads to the question, then, "What can possibly happen that would ever do harm to the cause of the One who holds all power and authority in His hands?"
Ok, this is where our perspective differs a bit. I came from a totally unchurched background and so when I hear about the shenanigans that go on with groups like NAR, my thoughts are 'oh, they are being a stumbling block for those coming to faith (not those who already are His)'. I realize this can go down a Rom 8:28-30 unending path, depending on which side of man's responsibility/God's Sovereignty you are on. ( Personally I hold to a tension of 100% for both without trying to rationally explain or balance it...I see Scripture revealing both).

Yes, we hate to see people led astray, but we cannot see their future, and where they will be before they die, and what the Lord will do through whomever He so chooses to reach them in His good time.
Correct, but we are to still expose the works of darkness.

What I'm getting at is that not even Satan himself has the power to do harm to the cause of Christ. The Lord uses harm to accomplish His own ends.
Big time Amen...yet again, God uses means (such as truth and even circumstances) to accomplish His cause.

Therefore my contending that the claim that there are those out there who can do harm to the cause of the Lord, with people being led astray...ALL things work for the good to those who love the Lord and are CALLED according to His purposes. Those who go astray all the way to the point of death, they have nobody but themselves to blame for following the lies when what may be known of God is evident in all of nature, as is stated in Romans 1.
This is true, yet we don't ultimately know who the 'called' are, and hence the Church militant (Eph 6) marches on.

Just my 1/10,000th cents worth...adjusted for inflation. lol

Last edited:
My hand is raised in the air for that one...back when I was young and dumb. The baptist ministers I had back then never said a word about XXXXXXXXXX and other cults. Jesus, however, recued me to keep His cause from ever suffering harm at the hands of false teachers.

MM
A big campus cult when I was in College was the way, as one of my Youth leaders had to be excommunicated for refusing to stop peddling their heresy to us!

My hand is raised in the air for that one...back when I was young and dumb. The baptist ministers I had back then never said a word about XXXXXXXX and other cults. Jesus, however, recued me to keep His cause from ever suffering harm at the hands of false teachers.

MM
Walter Martin who was a prominent Baptist, had plenty to say about those cults in his book, "The Kingdom of the Cults' as well as on his radio program called "The Bible Answer Man"...a forerunner of sorts of today's "Discernment " ministrys.

STAFF REMINDER - Rules 3.1 and 3.2c have been violated in this thread. Staff editing is in place. No warnings will be issued at this time, but please READ the rules periodically as a refresher.

Walter Martin who was a prominent Baptist, had plenty to say about those cults in his book, "The Kingdom of the Cults' as well as on his radio program called "The Bible Answer Man"...a forerunner of sorts of today's "Discernment " ministrys.
He was the most recognized cult expert and authority.

A big campus cult when I was in College was the way, as one of my Youth leaders had to be excommunicated for refusing to stop peddling their heresy to us!

Now THERE is a movement I haven't thought about in years. "The Way." Didn't they have their own transliteration of he Bible back in the 70's?

MM

Back