Vista Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Vista Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

We have Vista now and there are some features I don't like.

For example on my Desktop most all of my shortcuts register a large E
instead of a personal Icon or Avatar:confused:Even CFS is a large E.

The second is having to register and put in a password for the 5 Identities I have. Is there anyway I can change this.:confused:

The second is having to register and put in a password for the 5 Identities I have. Is there anyway I can change this.:confused:

I can't help you with your questions, but I feel your pain.

I can't stand Vista and neither can hubby.

Did you recently buy your computer? I know that the new Windows software is coming out on October 22nd and most places where you buy computers, are offering a free upgrade when it comes out. You might want to check with where you purchased the computer if it was recently.

Blessings, Cheri

Huh, I have Vista on my laptop and I like it better then XP. haven't had a single problem with it. :)

I don't know how to help with your "E" problem but I was thinking with the password part, when it asks to put in a password can you leave it blank so there is no password? Just tossing out ideas.

Interesting for me to know -- are you using licensed OS? Because what about Ukraine, people (and even companies) mostly use "pirate" versions of OS, MS Office etc.

I have vista on my laptop and have no problems at all...all my shortcuts are icons..have never seen the E thing.

There is a way to change it so that you do not need a password, though i would not recommend it..the passwords are to protect your computer..especially if you have multiple users.

You can right click a shortcut and go to properties - change icon - to change the icon. It sounds like you have website shortcuts on your desktop and the E is blue and represents a website to be opened in Internet Explorer.

You can also right click a shortcut and rename it. The name sometimes is more useful than the icon graphic.

i can't answer :[
my vista laptop broke 4 times.
vista was awesome in the beginning, but then it turned started randomly breaking. (i've only had it for 3 years!) i sincerely hope that you have better luck with this one!
it's always a stress when my laptop breaks!

Back