Walk in the Spirit

Galatians 5:16
This
I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. (Romans 13:14 - make no provision for the flesh - put on the Lord Jesus Christ (the Anointing of Jesus...1 Peter 2:11) ABP- And i say walk in the Spirit and in no way should you fulfill the desire of the flesh (some of the works of the flesh are described in vs 19-21

Galatians 6: 7-9
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

8 For he that soweth to his flesh (fleshly desires) shall of the flesh reap corruption (decay, ruin (spontaneous or inflicted)....the way to turn this around is to put away from us a deceitful (crooked, froward, perverse..not just sexually but anything that is not in line with the Word) mouth (prov. 4:24) for out of the abundance of the heart (inner man) the mouth speaks (mt 12: 34a-35) sin starts as a thought or a desire (James 1:14-15) (in other words we open the door to sin and for the devil to take a shot at us that he didn't have coming. We open the door to frustration and an unnecessary battle); but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Galatians 5:24
And they that are Christ's have crucified(extinguish or resist, destroy its power by resisting, because Jesus already destroyed its power or authority over us on the cross. In order for sin to have authority over us is we have to allow it. Sometimes resisting is difficult especially in the begining, and can be painful to our emotions. But in order for us to resist we have to make our flesh and emotions submit to the Word of God. This type only comes out by prayer and fasting) the flesh with the affections and lusts.

18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed (2 Cor. 5:17; Romans6:4-14, 8:11; Col 2:12, 3:10 Hebrews 12:1; Phil 3:10-11; Eph 4:24), I make myself a transgressor? (Violater, law breaker (because our justification comes through faith not the works of the law (vs 16) .
19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God(Ro 7:4,14:7; 2 Cor 5:15 1 Thess 5:10; Heb 9:14; 1 Peter 4:2).
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
21 I do not frustrate (disesteem, reject or violate) the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain (for nothing).

Galatians 5:16
This
I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. (Romans 13:14 - make no provision for the flesh - put on the Lord Jesus Christ (the Anointing of Jesus...1 Peter 2:11) ABP- And i say walk in the Spirit and in no way should you fulfill the desire of the flesh (some of the works of the flesh are described in vs 19-21

Galatians 6: 7-9
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

8 For he that soweth to his flesh (fleshly desires) shall of the flesh reap corruption (decay, ruin (spontaneous or inflicted)....the way to turn this around is to put away from us a deceitful (crooked, froward, perverse..not just sexually but anything that is not in line with the Word) mouth (prov. 4:24) for out of the abundance of the heart (inner man) the mouth speaks (mt 12: 34a-35) sin starts as a thought or a desire (James 1:14-15) (in other words we open the door to sin and for the devil to take a shot at us that he didn't have coming. We open the door to frustration and an unnecessary battle); but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Galatians 5:24
And they that are Christ's have crucified(extinguish or resist, destroy its power by resisting, because Jesus already destroyed its power or authority over us on the cross. In order for sin to have authority over us is we have to allow it. Sometimes resisting is difficult especially in the begining, and can be painful to our emotions. But in order for us to resist we have to make our flesh and emotions submit to the Word of God. This type only comes out by prayer and fasting) the flesh with the affections and lusts.

18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed (2 Cor. 5:17; Romans6:4-14, 8:11; Col 2:12, 3:10 Hebrews 12:1; Phil 3:10-11; Eph 4:24), I make myself a transgressor? (Violater, law breaker (because our justification comes through faith not the works of the law (vs 16) .
19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God(Ro 7:4,14:7; 2 Cor 5:15 1 Thess 5:10; Heb 9:14; 1 Peter 4:2).
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
21 I do not frustrate (disesteem, reject or violate) the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain (for nothing).
Exactly - sow the word into your being and reep the benifits of His word
sow more worldy things and reep of the benifits of the world.
Dont take a rocket scientist to see through this............

Colossians 3:1-3
1) If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above,
where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Jim's response reminded me of this scripture...

Hey all! This is very true and when you do walk in the Spirit things happen. We prayed during our move to help us find a house. Since God is our Shepherd, we asked Him to bring the house to us and if possible to be near a metro stop (I didn't want to have to drive in DC), near a shopping center (because I'm the only driver in the family). That was our four requests. Renting in DC is very $$$ so I also asked so we could afford it. While looking at a house on our own, the guy showing it was a realtor. He said his services were free because the listor pays. So the next day he took us to a house to look at. It was older and a bit warn down, but was near a metro stop. He suggested that we go down to the path where I could catch the metro. So we did and on the way we saw another, new, house for rent. I asked about it and he said it was outside my self-imposed limits. I asked how much. He told me and I said let's look at it.

Today, we signed a lease for the house. It's 400 feet from a metro stop (the very line I'll be working off - only 10 stops away), in the woods yet 1 mile east of a mall, and 1 mile west of a shopping center! All new appliances and the house is only 1 year old!

God brought me to it and I even found out I've been given a raise at work to cover the extra expense! God is love and He loves His. I honestly could not have asked for anything more to "sweeten" the deal. God did the impossible for me! I found out from the realtor that the landlord lowered the rent three times and then we came along and the rent is locked in for 3 years!!!

God is our Shepherd and when we listen and obey, great things happen. I have been very blessed by His grace and I say all this to show that the words printed in your bibles are not empty, but alive! God is so Awesome and His promises true! I believed in His promises and I received them. I'm so humbled by His glory! He does these things to show His grace so He gets all the glory!!

GLORY TO GOD!!!

Hey all! This is very true and when you do walk in the Spirit things happen. We prayed during our move to help us find a house. Since God is our Shepherd, we asked Him to bring the house to us and if possible to be near a metro stop (I didn't want to have to drive in DC), near a shopping center (because I'm the only driver in the family). That was our four requests. Renting in DC is very $$$ so I also asked so we could afford it. While looking at a house on our own, the guy showing it was a realtor. He said his services were free because the listor pays. So the next day he took us to a house to look at. It was older and a bit warn down, but was near a metro stop. He suggested that we go down to the path where I could catch the metro. So we did and on the way we saw another, new, house for rent. I asked about it and he said it was outside my self-imposed limits. I asked how much. He told me and I said let's look at it.

Today, we signed a lease for the house. It's 400 feet from a metro stop (the very line I'll be working off - only 10 stops away), in the woods yet 1 mile east of a mall, and 1 mile west of a shopping center! All new appliances and the house is only 1 year old!

God brought me to it and I even found out I've been given a raise at work to cover the extra expense! God is love and He loves His. I honestly could not have asked for anything more to "sweeten" the deal. God did the impossible for me! I found out from the realtor that the landlord lowered the rent three times and then we came along and the rent is locked in for 3 years!!!

God is our Shepherd and when we listen and obey, great things happen. I have been very blessed by His grace and I say all this to show that the words printed in your bibles are not empty, but alive! God is so Awesome and His promises true! I believed in His promises and I received them. I'm so humbled by His glory! He does these things to show His grace so He gets all the glory!!

GLORY TO GOD!!!
PRAISE THE LORD, LOL, HELLUJAH!!! WE LOVE YOU LORD!!!

GLORY TO GOD!!!

Glory to God! What an awesome testimony of God's goodness. And an awesome answer to prayer. God loves us so much that He goes above and beyond all we can ask or think to bless us when we choose to walk in His ways. And it just shows that He really does care about all the details.

We definitely rejoice with you and your family!
Blessings of grace and peace continue to be yours and your family's in abundance!

Pancake, why do you say it's hard?
BC unlike other Christians I really dont hear god, I remember one church member of mine ..she was able to hear...and just do what he said and grow close..

For me, if I can't hear I can't ..obey.. ( hold your horses before you go in) I'm left T my own devices just reading and praying..

I was taught god wants to be in the center of everything we do. From telling us what to do in the morning,what job to apply to, what to read from his word..and what T pray...

So I just feel by myself..idk why I struggle with tho so much..it makes me a bit sad BC others have it easy...they just hear and do..simple..

But not for me.

BC unlike other Christians I really dont hear god, I remember one church member of mine ..she was able to hear...and just do what he said and grow close..

For me, if I can't hear I can't ..obey.. ( hold your horses before you go in) I'm left T my own devices just reading and praying..

I was taught god wants to be in the center of everything we do. From telling us what to do in the morning,what job to apply to, what to read from his word..and what T pray...

So I just feel by myself..idk why I struggle with tho so much..it makes me a bit sad BC others have it easy...they just hear and do..simple..

But not for me.
Jesus is in you. Tell me, when you see that what you feel.

But not for me.

Hearing God can be difficult when we don't know how He speaks to us. It takes a while to learn how to hear God's voice. I went for about 20 years not hearing His voice or even thinking that He even spoke to me. I doubted it a lot and i'm not talking about an audible voice either.

So hang in there and keep seeking Him, and read John 10....that says that we are His sheep and we know His voice. Renewing your mind to that will help your mind to begin to receive or open up to hear His voice in your inner person. Its something you have to speak and have patience to receive.

Blessings!

I get the first part ...but not the second.
Jesus Loves you, He cares and delights in you, He wants you to be free to be all that you already are right now, He only thinks good thoughts about you, you are victorious right now! You are a victorious warrior! Your ears are open to Jesus, right Now! satan is cast down in your hearing, NOW!!!! You only see and hear Jesus, NOW!!! Claim it! It is Yours, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus Loves you, He cares and delights in you, He wants you to be free to be all that you already are right now, He only thinks good thoughts about you, you are victorious right now! You are a victorious warrior! Your ears are open to Jesus, right Now! satan is cast down in your hearing, NOW!!!! You only see and hear Jesus, NOW!!! Claim it! It is Yours, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen! Father we just bind the strongman from her mind and release clarity via the Holy Spirit unto her ears, and spirit. Helo her to hear Your voice. In Jesus Name, Amen

Walking in the spirit is such a hard thing to do..... I've tried..buy its hard...
Perhaps you should get back to basics and do it the Bible way, like as you can read in Acts and the Epistles.
Find a true Pentecostal (or some call it Apostolic) Church that will preach you the same gospel as is written in your New Testament.
Repent, be baptized (full immersion) in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, and seek to receive the Holy Spirit with the
ONLY Bible evidence given that is speaking (praying) in tongues.
Then and only then will you be able to walk in the Spirit with power and knowledge.
Do all things according to the Scriptures. It works out better.

Back