Walk in the Spirit

Walking in the spirit is such a hard thing to do..... I've tried..buy its hard...
Pancakes this seems to have gotten long but it reads easy and fast.... ;)
Love ya my Sister
Pancakes Yes it is both Hard and easy. It is hard when we look at our selves and compare it to Everything the word of God says we should be doing or living as. However it is a lot easier to simply keep plugging away and reading His word and when something grabs your attention - pray about it and allow God to show you what He has as time goes by.

Another words - this is a Life Long Event - It takes time for every one and if they say else wise then they are not being truthful. Key thing is to put forth or into practice of the Light that you have in you. As you do this - God will bring you to another level and a new step to climb up or over.

Please do not get all worked up and upset over this......keep making an effort to do of What You Know To Do - God will do His part and it gets easier and easier.
Hard is denying your flesh or learning to make your flesh ( flesh is the way you want to do things over Gods way ) do what Gods word says..........

Hint my friend..........We all must take the first step and then continue one step at a time.
You can and will gain ground - one step at a time !!!

One example that helps me...........When I know or am trying to change an area of my life
and make it line up with the written word of God. I read that scripture out loud every chance I get. Trick here is to make it past tense - Meaning if it says we must deny red pears covered in blue gue and red pears covered in blue gue is my - omg give it to me thing........then I read His word and SAY- I have no desire for red pears covered in blue gue for it is written we must deny these red pears in blue gue. Speaking things in this light will make a huge difference.

Then I do my best at not eating these pears.........oh but as I learn and I catch my self eating this pear - I repent and quote the scripture and move on. Some days I might have thrown out 50 yummie red pears doing this but the next month it was only 10 and now I dont even have a problem with red pears.........

I used the red pears in blue gue to make it easy to see what I mean....
I had to do this where forgiveness was concerned - I may have had to repent 50 times for allowing thoughts to preplay in my thinking about a certain person but each time it was - crap I am doing it again..........Lord God I repent of this and I forgave them and hold no aught against them and lifted them up and went out of my way to be extra nice to them and to love them no matter what.

Yea it took some time but now..........offenses simply fall away quickly and dont stick to me.
Yea it was hard at first UNTIL I excepted Grace...........Grace means if we blow it 100 times in a day.........we can repent and try again and God holds none of it against us. That is when things began to get a lot easier for me.

Just do not give up Pancakes - You can and Will grow in His spirit....
I hope this helps
God Bless
Jim

Walking in the spirit is such a hard thing to do..... I've tried..buy its hard...
You are 100% correct. Here's why, because we have to be obedient. Because of sin, we take offense when something is said in our spirit that is contrary to our flesh. ALL Christians hear the Lord, we learn to ignore Him and so it become near impossible to hear Him. Only through humility can we hear him. I speak from personal experience. Read about Elijah's experience with the fire, wind, earthquake and the still small voice. We ALL must learn to listen in order to hear. This is why Jesus kept saying over and over "He that hath ears to hear, let him hear." Emotions drown out the Holy Spirit Who is our Teacher/Helper/Guide/Friend. It's a spiritual muscle and I'll tell you what I told Juk, Pray about something, stop and listen, write down the problem, the prayer, and the perceived answer. Then wait for the results. Over time you WILL know who is speaking because there are only three voices: the flesh, the devil and God. Now, some things are promises from the word of God and He won't answer when they're already a promise and all of God's promises are "Yes and Amen through Christ"

2Cor 1:20 KJV
For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.​

Find the promises and go one from there. In God's eyes, we are ALL the same, what's happening to one will happen to you. This is why so many examples of how God deals with men are written in the word of God. Is God dealt any way with anyone, He can deal the same with you!

Eph 6:9 KJV
And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him.​

Col 3:25 KJV
But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.
1Pet 1:16-18 KJV
Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear: Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
In God's eyes, we are ALL the same. What/how do we get God's attention and please Him? Faith

Heb 11:5-6
KJV By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.​

You are 100% correct. Here's why, because we have to be obedient. Because of sin, we take offense when something is said in our spirit that is contrary to our flesh. ALL Christians hear the Lord, we learn to ignore Him and so it become near impossible to hear Him. Only through humility can we hear him. I speak from personal experience. Read about Elijah's experience with the fire, wind, earthquake and the still small voice. We ALL must learn to listen in order to hear. This is why Jesus kept saying over and over "He that hath ears to hear, let him hear." Emotions drown out the Holy Spirit Who is our Teacher/Helper/Guide/Friend. It's a spiritual muscle and I'll tell you what I told Juk, Pray about something, stop and listen, write down the problem, the prayer, and the perceived answer. Then wait for the results. Over time you WILL know who is speaking because there are only three voices: the flesh, the devil and God. Now, some things are promises from the word of God and He won't answer when they're already a promise and all of God's promises are "Yes and Amen through Christ"

2Cor 1:20 KJV
For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.​

Find the promises and go one from there. In God's eyes, we are ALL the same, what's happening to one will happen to you. This is why so many examples of how God deals with men are written in the word of God. Is God dealt any way with anyone, He can deal the same with you!

Eph 6:9 KJV
And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him.​

Col 3:25 KJV
But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.
1Pet 1:16-18 KJV
Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear: Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
In God's eyes, we are ALL the same. What/how do we get God's attention and please Him? Faith

Heb 11:5-6
KJV By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.​

This may be all true and yet there is still one important issue to the reason it is hard.
Who's strength are you trying to do this in ?
1. Your strength which will fail...............
2. God's Strength by allowing Grace and His Word change you and empower you to do so.

As Brother @Abdicate has graciously written above and as it is very true what our Brother has written here...........it still comes down to Grace......... if you do not grasp His Grace for You then you will have a very hard time trying to achieve this walking in the spirit for you will strive to do your best - in your own strength.

The change comes from the inside out - Right Believing - Right Thinking and this only comes with the renewing of your mind ( heart or core being which is the spirit man ) with the Written Word of God.

Romans 12:2 ....
And be not conformed to this world; but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God

(( Get His word in you each and every day and speak His word each and every day ))

2 Corinthians 10:4-5
4... For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to pulling down strong holds
5... Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

(( Begin to practice the words you speak and thoughts you think for our thoughts and words to control how we act or react and believe. Our own words do more do influence our thinking then most of everything else. ))

Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh

(( The more you do the first two the more you will begin to walk in the Spirit and you will be amazed to say the least. ))

All done through the Grace of God who maketh all grace abound to me. ( 2 Corinthians 9:8)

Blessings and love in Christ
Jim

Last edited:
Perhaps you should get back to basics and do it the Bible way, like as you can read in Acts and the Epistles.
Find a true Pentecostal (or some call it Apostolic) Church that will preach you the same gospel as is written in your New Testament.
Repent, be baptized (full immersion) in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, and seek to receive the Holy Spirit with the
ONLY Bible evidence given that is speaking (praying) in tongues.
Then and only then will you be able to walk in the Spirit with power and knowledge.
Do all things according to the Scriptures. It works out better.
Yah, I haven't prayed in tongues in a long while

Hearing God can be difficult when we don't know how He speaks to us. It takes a while to learn how to hear God's voice. I went for about 20 years not hearing His voice or even thinking that He even spoke to me. I doubted it a lot and i'm not talking about an audible voice either.

So hang in there and keep seeking Him, and read John 10....that says that we are His sheep and we know His voice. Renewing your mind to that will help your mind to begin to receive or open up to hear His voice in your inner person. Its something you have to speak and have patience to receive.

Blessings!

Thank you so much..i dont feel alone now c:

and Patience !! Much Patience
Being in the Spirit is so helpful. I had someone yell at me to shut up, in a public place in front of people. I know Jesus is in me driving the car and me His passenger. When this person yelled at me, if I didn't have the Holy Spirits presence I would have felt shame and embarrassment, but I was still joyful and felt love for everyone. I felt lead to leave the building to pray and worship the Lord and meditate. I went back in the building and everything in there had changed and went well. The person who yelled at me is not a christian and was feeling frustrated and was yelling at everyone. A battle was fought there and the Kingdom won, but the war is still being fought, we have to fight God's way. Being with Jesus in this body is the most awesome thing. My prayer today was change me Lord, not change others, I want to change, I want more of Him, He's so worth it.

Being in the Spirit is so helpful. I had someone yell at me to shut up, in a public place in front of people. I know Jesus is in me driving the car and me His passenger. When this person yelled at me, if I didn't have the Holy Spirits presence I would have felt shame and embarrassment, but I was still joyful and felt love for everyone. I felt lead to leave the building to pray and worship the Lord and meditate. I went back in the building and everything in there had changed and went well. The person who yelled at me is not a christian and was feeling frustrated and was yelling at everyone. A battle was fought there and the Kingdom won, but the war is still being fought, we have to fight God's way. Being with Jesus in this body is the most awesome thing. My prayer today was change me Lord, not change others, I want to change, I want more of Him, He's so worth it.

That is the key that most miss. When we pray to have others changed it does not give God anything to work with but when we pray to have our selves changed and pray blessings over the other - well now God has something to work with....That is Key and most wont use it.
Blessings
Jim

Yah, I haven't prayed in tongues in a long while
Well, no wonder circumstances and faith are going through bad times.
Wake up, down on your knees and start praying in the Spirit - that is praying in tongues.
Activate the power and work of the Holy Spirit within you.
Remember the parable of the 5 wise virgins and the 5 foolish virgins. The foolish ones let the oil [Holy Ghost] run out and be depleted
from their lamps [earthen vessels or our bodies]. Matthew 25: 1-13
" Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh."
Jude 1: 20-21
But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Well, no wonder circumstances and faith are going through bad times.
Wake up, down on your knees and start praying in the Spirit - that is praying in tongues.
Activate the power and work of the Holy Spirit within you.
Remember the parable of the 5 wise virgins and the 5 foolish virgins. The foolish ones let the oil [Holy Ghost] run out and be depleted
from their lamps [earthen vessels or our bodies]. Matthew 25: 1-13
" Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh."
Jude 1: 20-21
But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

Brother that is like weights to a weight lifter or 110 octane to the engine. Man that does build you up in every area !
Nice to see you around again
Blessing my brother and friend
Jim

It is great when one can walk away and get in tune with God, and then return. The hardest part is when you are not able to walk away...we have to built up. And this is where my changes need to come. So that the abundance in my Spirit is what answers and not my flesh....for out of the abundance of the heart (inner being) the mouth speaks
Blessings and thanks for sharing

Galatians 5:16
This
I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. (Romans 13:14 - make no provision for the flesh - put on the Lord Jesus Christ (the Anointing of Jesus...1 Peter 2:11) ABP- And i say walk in the Spirit and in no way should you fulfill the desire of the flesh (some of the works of the flesh are described in vs 19-21

Galatians 6: 7-9
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

8 For he that soweth to his flesh (fleshly desires) shall of the flesh reap corruption (decay, ruin (spontaneous or inflicted)....the way to turn this around is to put away from us a deceitful (crooked, froward, perverse..not just sexually but anything that is not in line with the Word) mouth (prov. 4:24) for out of the abundance of the heart (inner man) the mouth speaks (mt 12: 34a-35) sin starts as a thought or a desire (James 1:14-15) (in other words we open the door to sin and for the devil to take a shot at us that he didn't have coming. We open the door to frustration and an unnecessary battle); but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Galatians 5:24
And they that are Christ's have crucified(extinguish or resist, destroy its power by resisting, because Jesus already destroyed its power or authority over us on the cross. In order for sin to have authority over us is we have to allow it. Sometimes resisting is difficult especially in the begining, and can be painful to our emotions. But in order for us to resist we have to make our flesh and emotions submit to the Word of God. This type only comes out by prayer and fasting) the flesh with the affections and lusts.

18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed (2 Cor. 5:17; Romans6:4-14, 8:11; Col 2:12, 3:10 Hebrews 12:1; Phil 3:10-11; Eph 4:24), I make myself a transgressor? (Violater, law breaker (because our justification comes through faith not the works of the law (vs 16) .
19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God(Ro 7:4,14:7; 2 Cor 5:15 1 Thess 5:10; Heb 9:14; 1 Peter 4:2).
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
21 I do not frustrate (disesteem, reject or violate) the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain (for nothing).

Here is another scripture that goes along with what you said.

Rom 8:5.. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6.. For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.

Those who walk in the Spirit have their "minds set" on the things of the Spirit. Normally we think the "mind set" is what we thinking about at that time, but a mind set is a lot more than that. I believe the "NET" Bible translates more correctly what this mind set is.

Rom 8:5 For those who live according to the flesh have their outlook shaped by the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit have their outlook shaped by the things of the Spirit. (NET)

A "mind set" is an outlook we have, and this "outlook" is formed, and shaped by the Spirit of God. We all gather information through our physical eyes in what we see hear on earth, which causes us to have a "out look" which is usually not good. So, our words and actions match what our out look is. (example, "If Obama get reelected this country is doomed for ever") Our words and actions cause bad things to happen. The Spirit of God shows us things in the realm of the spirit that also causes us to have a "out look". Those who walk in the Spirit are those whose actions, and words are based on the their out look formed and shaped by the Spirit of God.

Back