Was Job Real?

the HS gave me these verses to give you ..

Then Moses said to God, “Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you.' Now they may say to me, ‘What is His name?' What shall I say to them?”

and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name LORD, I did not make Myself known to them.

the Hebrew says ..
יְהֹוָה Yĕhovah
NOT Lord ..

He said, “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, And naked I shall return there. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD.

the last word written is..
יְהֹוָה Yĕhovah

so Job knew God's name .. hence post-Torah !!!

So what makes you assume that because He had not revealed Himself by that name to Abraham, Isaac, or Jacob, that He had not revealed Himself by that name to anyone else ever? Again the logic just does not follow. Also in Job can you find a place where Job calls Him by that name? No! The name is only used as part of the narrative being re-told later by whoever is doing the telling. No one as far as I know ever claimed Job WROTE the book of Job but apparently Job did not KNOW Elohim by the name YHVH.

The Akkadians (a Semitic group) called the father of the gods (the angels) EA pronounced eeYah, generations before Abram, and the Karen peoples of Burma, from centuries before they ever heard of a Bible have this legend preserved

"Y'wa is eternal, his life is long.
One aeon - he dies not!
Two aeons - he dies not!
He is perfect in meritorious attributes.
Aeons follow aeons - he dies not!"

"Who created the world in the beginning?
Y'wa created the world in the beginning!
Y'wa appointed everything.
Y'wa is unsearchable!"

"The omnipotent is Y'wa; him have we not believed.
Y'wa created men anciently;
He has a perfect knowledge of all things!
Y'wa created men at the beginning;
He knows all things to the present time!
O my children and grandchildren!
The earth is the treading place of the feet of Y'wa.

And heaven is the place where he sits.
He sees all things, and we are manifest to him."

"Y'wa formed the world originally.
He appointed food and drink.
He appointed the "fruit of trial."
He gave detailed order.
Mu-kaw-lee deceived two persons.
He caused them to eat the fruit of the tree of trial.
They obeyed not; they believed not Y'wa ...
When they ate the fruit of trial,
They became subject to sickness, aging, and death ..."

There was one more use of Ywe from Mesopotamia I cannot for the life of me remember but I think these indicate (at least to me) that God may have indicated His name to others also (but did not choose those people fro His greater revelations regarding redemption and so on)

So what makes you assume that because He had not revealed Himself by that name to Abraham, Isaac, or Jacob, that He had not revealed Himself by that name to anyone else ever?

the logic is apparent ..
Exo 6:3 and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name Yĕhovah, I did not make Myself known to them.
Exo 6:4I also established My covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land in which they sojourned.

Job 1:21 He said, “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, And naked I shall return there. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of Yĕhovah.”

those who were CHOSEN by God to establish His chosen people and covenant were not privy, yet some guy named Job is ???
the logic just does not follow ..

the HS gave those verses to me as the answer ..
if you had God ears, you would recognize the truth ..

Last edited:
The Jews themselves consider Job to be allegory.
I find the notion of God and Satan being on chatty terms to be questionable, and that Satan roams freely though
Heaven to be extremely doubtful.

The Jews themselves consider Job to be allegory.
I find the notion of God and Satan being on chatty terms to be questionable, and that Satan roams freely though
Heaven to be extremely doubtful.

actually satan was there as an accuser to Job ..
scripture substantiates this ..

Rev 12:10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren has been thrown down, he who accuses them before our God day and night.

satan has access to the Throne of God as an accussor of believers..
it is not until the end that access is taken away ..

Rev 12:10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, “Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren has been thrown down, he who accuses them before our God day and night.

6 One day the angels[a] came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan[b] also came with them. 7 The Lord said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”
Satan answered the Lord, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.”
8 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.”
9 “Does Job fear God for nothing?” Satan replied. 10 “Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.”
12 The Lord said to Satan, “Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.”
Then Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.

Here they seem on very pleasant terms, chatty even.

Personally I see no reason to take Job literally.
It paints God as arbitrary and capricious. Job is tormented and his family destroyed on a wager.
Again, I don't see Job as teaching anything of value.
Literalists may fume as they see fit.

Personally I see no reason to take Job literally.
It paints God as arbitrary and capricious. Job is tormented and his family destroyed on a wager.
Again, I don't see Job as teaching anything of value.
Literalists may fume as they see fit.
I have to say this. I think we may never come to terms or any agreement on this :)

Job is the only book with which we can explain sufferings in a believer's choice.. Many people do want to accept this, and hence Job would become irrelevant..

Job existed sometime between the fourth and sixth generations after Abraham, Moses being the sixth.

Well, he did, no matter how many red "X's" you give me.

Excerpt:

"...it cannot be before the fourth generation after Abraham when the story of Job occurs. In fact, the specific mention of Eliphaz and Zophar (Zephi) almost demands that it be in the fourth generation. However, the question is open as to how long of a period should be assigned to a generation. One might reason from Gen. 15:16 that the fourth generation is the generation of the return from Egypt. However, a weakness to this is that Moses is the sixth generation from Abraham (Abraham-Issac-Jacob-Levi-Kohath-Amram-Moses [see Exod. 6:16-18.])
We can also infer with certainty that Job lived before the Exodus since the sacrifices of the last chapter are performed by Job, rather than by a priest. According to patriarchal practice, the firstborn son was the priest of the family. However Tola, not Job, is listed as the firstborn of the family of Issachar. This implies that either Job’s two older brothers had died or that they had not joined him in his immigration to Uz."

http://www.heraldmag.org/literature/verse_12.htm

Last edited:
6 One day the angels[a] came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan[b] also came with them. 7 The Lord said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”
Satan answered the Lord, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.”
8 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.”
9 “Does Job fear God for nothing?” Satan replied. 10 “Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.”
12 The Lord said to Satan, “Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.”
Then Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.

Here they seem on very pleasant terms, chatty even.

Don't put the relationship between God and His enemy human attributes. Satan is a spiritual being---an angel, and he is able to communicate with God in his constant accusations against His people. He is not a heavenly creature, but is confined to earth and its associated 'heavens'. Heaven itself is not geographical, and so a spiritual being can transport himself between both the physical world and the spiritual realm at will.

The conversation between Satan and God is written in poetic form, so we can't draw conclusions that thy were chummy!

the logic is apparent ..
Exo 6:3 and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name Yĕhovah, I did not make Myself known to them.
Exo 6:4I also established My covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land in which they sojourned.

Job 1:21 He said, “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, And naked I shall return there. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of Yĕhovah.”

those who were CHOSEN by God to establish His chosen people and covenant were not privy, yet some guy named Job is ???
the logic just does not follow ..

the HS gave those verses to me as the answer ..
if you had God ears, you would recognize the truth ..

That's fair, but I did not say He had made His name YHVH known to Job, you said that passage somehow demonstrates that He did not (which it does not imply). Granted it also does not imply that He did, but we cannot know He did not! Besides "Job" the person, does not refer to Him as YHVH that I can see...but the point was we can not assume wither way and that text does not say either way.

That's fair, but I did not say He had made His name YHVH known to Job, you said that passage somehow demonstrates that He did not (which it does not imply)..

but Job did know God's name ..
and God said He did not make it known prior ..
here is the Hebrew in which Job refers to God by the name He revealed to Moses ..

(He)
'amar = said,
`arowm = naked
(I)
yatsa' = came
(from my)
'em = mother(s)
beten = womb
(and)
`arowm = naked
(I shall)
shuwb = return
sham = there
Yĕhovah = Yĕhovah
nathan = has given to
Yĕhovah = Yĕhovah
laqach = has taken away.
barak = blessed
(be the)
shem = name
Yĕhovah = Yĕhovah.

Gen 4:26 To Seth, to him also a son was born; and he called his name Enosh. Then men began to call upon the name of the LORD. H3068 (Yĕhovah)

Gen 9:26 He also said, “Blessed be the LORD. H3068 (Yĕhovah), the God of Shem, and let Canaan be his servant.

Gen 12:8 Then he proceeded from there to the mountain on the east of Bethel, and pitched his tent, with Bethel on the west and Ai on the east; and there he built an altar to the LORD H3068 (Yĕhovah) and called upon the name of the LORD. H3068 (Yĕhovah)

Brother Paul .. by first glance, it would appear they DID know His name from the bold text where they "call upon His name" ..
then you get to Abraham, and in Gen 12:8 it seems by the way it is written, He DID know God's name .. BUT God Himself in Exo 6:3 says that wasn't so ..

Exo 6:3 and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name the LORD. H3068 (Yĕhovah), I did not make Myself known to them.

Last edited:
I think it is non-productive to even put a date on Job ..
nor does it make any difference that I can think of ..

God Bless You Brother Paul ..

but Job did know God's name ..
and God said He did not make it known prior ..
here is the Hebrew in which Job refers to God by the name He revealed to Moses ..

(He)
'amar = said,
`arowm = naked
(I)
yatsa' = came
(from my)
'em = mother(s)
beten = womb
(and)
`arowm = naked
(I shall)
shuwb = return
sham = there
Yĕhovah = Yĕhovah
nathan = has given to
Yĕhovah = Yĕhovah
laqach = has taken away.
barak = blessed
(be the)
shem = name
Yĕhovah = Yĕhovah.

Thats good thanks...then He had revealed His name unto Job...maybe Job WAS a contemporary of Moses...some say so...some say he was Johab...but thanks, I should have known that...it is good to learn

Sorry I meant Jobab (Genesis 36), son of Ke-rah, son of Reu-el, son of Esau...if so then Eliphaz was his uncle or great uncle (Genesis 36:10)

If Jobab, then the children of Jacob were probably in Egypt...Maybe later, Moses or another received the story or the records and wrote them into the Hebrew? I do not know, but I think Job was a real person...

Back