What Are You Reading Now?

I'm reading the CFS forums LOL

K P Yohannan " Revolution in world missions"
yeahthat.gif

I haven't read fiction in years.

You're not alone. I haven't read fiction in years either. I'll probably get some flack for this statement, but personally, I think fiction is a waste of time.

I'm currently in the middle of Ultimate Proof of Creation by Dr. Jason Lisle and just started Church History, 4th ed by Bruce L Shelly, revised by R.L. Hatchett. The Ultimate Proof of Creation is truly a wonderful book. It gives a lot of great evidence both scriptural and scientific on the literal 24 hour days of creation. Moreover, the book touches on logic and logical fallacies, and how to identify them when witnessing to a nonbeliever or believer with a twisted form of biblical truth. Church History is a bit cumbersome. It's used as a text book or required reading in some college theological programs so there is a ton of information to absorb. This one will be a slow read for sure.

You're not alone. I haven't read fiction in years either. I'll probably get some flack for this statement, but personally, I think fiction is a waste of time.

I'm currently in the middle of Ultimate Proof of Creation by Dr. Jason Lisle and just started Church History, 4th ed by Bruce L Shelly, revised by R.L. Hatchett. The Ultimate Proof of Creation is truly a wonderful book. It gives a lot of great evidence both scriptural and scientific on the literal 24 hour days of creation. Moreover, the book touches on logic and logical fallacies, and how to identify them when witnessing to a nonbeliever or believer with a twisted form of biblical truth. Church History is a bit cumbersome. It's used as a text book or required reading in some college theological programs so there is a ton of information to absorb. This one will be a slow read for sure.
I hear ya, but so many won't believe the word of God. Books get tiresome too.

I am reading a lot of research journal articles to use as sources in my research. They are as interesting as stereo instructions. I got 2 big books over the holidays about the Protestant reformers and a lot of their sermons, but I haven't had time to read either of them yet.

I used to read a lot of science fiction, but it's kind of lost it's luster for me now. I've read enough of it that I started seeing the same themes get repeated over and over. Different author, same basic story. Boring.

I haven't read a book for ages [accept the bible] I have one book I'm still trying to read through for the past few years called "The Pilgrims Progress". It's been hard going! :(: 434869, member: 17166"]I am reading my bible. I love Jesus[/QUOTE]

Back