What Are Your Views On Hip Hop Music?

While, I agree with you that satan wants to be worshiped. Thats a fact. No doubt in my mind. I also, agree, that demons may be present in churches, especially when God is not present. What I am not seeing here, however, is the link between that, and modern praise music being used to praise Satan. A church, can sing any song, and if theyre just going through the motions-and not honestly meaning-it doesnt matter if that song is hallelujah or amazing grace, then Gods not getting the glory. If Gods not getting the glory, then who is. But thats goes back to the heart of the worshipper, and not the song itself.

And, where in the Bible, does God tell us to "bind demons" before each service?

What I am not seeing here, however, is the link between that, and modern praise music being used to praise Satan. A church, can sing any song, and if theyre just going through the motions-and not honestly meaning-it doesnt matter if that song is hallelujah or amazing grace, then Gods not getting the glory. If Gods not getting the glory, then who is. But thats goes back to the heart of the worshipper, and not the song itself.
Who is present in a church? Christians, non Christians, Angels, Demons, God, etc Now, a Christian can sing "Lord I worship you" and genuinely be at one with Holy SPirit and saying i to Jesus and God . HOwever, demons present will sing along with the music and sing the words "Lord I Worship You", but direct that to Satan. So we have a situation where demons are actively singing with the Christians. If you are getting demons activly taking part with a praise and worship session, then that's not going to be very helpful for the congregations spiritual well being.

This is why I said a lot of modern worship songs are too vague, just singing hallelujah is not much good either. If there was a song "Jesus loves me" or "jesus is the name we honour", then demons can hardly sing that to Satan can they, so can you see why its important to pick the right praise and worship songs which actually deal with with Jesus?

Im still saying though, how do you know the demons are actively singing to satan? you have yet to show evidence of that. Just because they are there, doesnt mean theyre singing to satan. Theyre much more likely to want to disrupt the service. Thats point 1. Point 2, assuming you are right, and they are, who cares? If the church is genuinly there, seeking to worship God, and thats what theyre doing, so what if the demons are praising satan? let them. Theyre wasting their breath. It doesnt help their cause, and it doesnt hurt us. If the church isnt genuinly praising God, and just going through the motions, then they have more to worry about then a few pesky demons praising their master.

I refer you to my previous post where i pointed out that anecdotal evidence would not be good enough for you and that solid proof will not happen and you are simply requesting the things athiest demand in wanting proof and will therefore never be satisfied.

A few demons singing along with congregation isnt just simply a few pesky demons not hurting anyone, it goes a lot further than that, which is partly why you have a couple of people praying through building to hold an bind demons. That my friend is spiritual common sense.

you did give me an anecdote. Im not saying it doesnt. However, I would say, everything about it, was about feelings, and not about what may or may not have been the case. You had a feeling, that the holy spirit was not moving in their, and you automatically, assumed that it was demons, because you felt it. You assume that because the spirit wasnt moving, that demons must be there worshiping satan. How does that correlate? because they were singing wishy washy music and the demons must be singing it to satan. maybe it wasnt moving because everyone had their thoughts on other things-and not on worshiping God. Maybe instead of worshipping satan, those demons were simply working in the background distracting people. That goes back to the heart of the people, if their heart is not in it, then they wont be worshiping God, regardless of what music is there. If theyre heart is in it, the holy spirit will be moving, regardless of what demons are there. I think Demons arnt going to waste time "singing" when they can spend time "distracting"

And spiritual common sense, is what is found in the Bible. Where in the Bible, does it mention Demons singing praise songs to satan. Where in the Bible, does it tell us to Bind demons before every worship service? if its not in the Bible, then its not spiritual common sense.

That was not my personal experience, I was simply re-telling you an event which another person had. Just because its not mentioned in the Bible directly doesn't mean it doesn't happen. The things demons get up to may surprise and even scare people. But anyway, its not worth dwelling too long on, its just a brief insight as to what is really going on and how many Christians are not even remotely aware of it.

Back more on topic, the summary is, why should we focus on singing praise songs which do not really mention God or Jesus by name. It is words which hold the power, not so much the music.

when it comes to rituals pertaining to "binding demns" in our churches, then I would say if its not in the Bible, then were not going to do it. And as far as demons worshipping Jesus, how do we know that? if not from the Bible, then from where? We cant let our "feelings" control our doctrine, the way we do worship, or even what we do during services, the Bible needs to be our guide. If the Bible doesnt warn us about "demons singing worship songs" then I would say that its not something we need to worry about. But, perhaps your right this is a seperate subject deserving of its own thread.

I would say when it comes to music, that I agree that its not the music itself thats bad, but the words, that make it good or bad. Ive got nothing wrong with simple praise songs, even if they dont mention God or Jesus-if the intent is clear and the heart pure, then theres nothing wrong with them. The same goes for hip hop, its not the music thats bad, its the words, and theres plenty of good, clean christian hip hop out there.

Who is present in a church? Christians, non Christians, Angels, Demons, God, etc Now, a Christian can sing "Lord I worship you" and genuinely be at one with Holy SPirit and saying i to Jesus and God . HOwever, demons present will sing along with the music and sing the words "Lord I Worship You", but direct that to Satan. So we have a situation where demons are actively singing with the Christians. If you are getting demons activly taking part with a praise and worship session, then that's not going to be very helpful for the congregations spiritual well being.

This is why I said a lot of modern worship songs are too vague, just singing hallelujah is not much good either. If there was a song "Jesus loves me" or "jesus is the name we honour", then demons can hardly sing that to Satan can they, so can you see why its important to pick the right praise and worship songs which actually deal with with Jesus?

Very true. There are tons of contemporary Christian music where singers vocalize how wonderful this or that is and perhaps briefly mention Jesus or God, but they don't really sing to the Glory of God. "Steal My Show" would be an example. I get what Toby is saying, and by all means it's a great, fun song, but it could also be heard on any other radio channel and fit right in.

IMO.

Well, I hate to say it, but some of the posts are merely confirming my point. So let me clarify my position further> If what you are listening too does not directly worship God in the way HE wants to be worshiped, then we are wasting time with our ears. Does your music build your faith or just make you feel good? 'Faith comes by hearing" does it not?

Quite frankly, God is not concerned with whether or not you 'feel good', because then it is all about you. The 'feel good' emotion (AKA: warm fuzzy) is a byproduct of serving the Lord-helping others. Or least that is the intent of our purpose on Earth.

People become so passionate about their style of music...worshiping the Lord gets set aside...

I think thats being a bit legalistic. Like Tobys song steal my show, it was never meant to be a worship song. It wasnt intended to be sung as a praise song in church, it was just meant to be a good, clean song with a positive message. Nowhere in the Bible does it say we cannot listen to music just for enjoyment. It does not say that EVERY song we sing or listen to MUST be a worship song to Him. I do feel that a lot of modern "praise" music is a bit wishy washy, but I dont think theres anything demonic about it, and theres a big difference between songs meant to praise God, like praise music, hymns and the like, and recreational music, like hip hop. I think, when were enjoying recreational music we need to be careful what we listen to-what comes in does come out-but as long as its clean with a positive message, then theres nothing wrong with that.

well, so far in this forum, in this very thread, ive been told if its not in there it doesnt mean its not true. I hold to Biblical principles, and I have yet to see a single Biblical principle-or verse-that prohibits listening to good, clean, recreational music, from christian artists such as TobyMac or KJ-52. There is also, no modesty issues, with listening to music like that. You cant apply what goes in must come out, because artists like I mentioned have positive messages in them-so your getting positive stuff in, and it must come out.

What Im getting is, "I dont think you should listen because of this" and then list some reason thats not biblical, like "the demons sing it with you" or "personal opinion" and so far, agricola, at least listed a reason not to, albeit a non Biblical, and probably false, standpoint based entirely on emotion, You simply say your wasting your time listening to it, without saying why. Why, is this music bad. Why is it so bad to turn your radio to klove or Air1 in the morning and rock out to tobymac. I want to know the why. Simply saying your wasting your time, is a weak, answer, and doesnt even begin to answer why.

In my first post I listed two scriptures. In my second post, I tried to make the point that young Christians who grow up in a "Christian" environment can be -and have been-led away from the Lord because the music of the world is similar to some of the "Christian" rock, rap, hip-hop, country-whatever your flavor. I also said it does not make anyone less of a Christian for the style of music they listen too. However, in my experience from what I used to listen too compared to CCW music, there is a danger there to be drawn away from the Lord through music. There are certain songs that will invoke unhealthy memories -bring to my remembrance worldly songs because the beat is so similar.

Example: listening to CCW in rock form-sometimes a beat will remind me of the bad stuff. If am listening to the Lyrics of the song-why is "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC running through my head?

Please understand that I am not condemning or vilifying anyone for their choice of music. I am simply trying to state a point of view as a warning to young Christians.

I agree with you that there is no specific scripture that designates the 'type' of music and what is important is the content. Again my emphasis is whether or not CCW is 'Holy' unto the Lord's hearing and is separate enough from the world enough to keep young people pursuing Christ. I have made a personal decision/ sacrifice for the type of music I listen because I have recognized the danger in it. It is your choice what you listen too, but as a parent, I would warn you that the "style" of music you listen too will be the style your children listen too...and if it sounds like the world to a child...where is our separation?

So I would have to say that if you need to follow a doctrinal trail on this-it would be the doctrine of separation.

Romans 12:12, Colossians 3:16, Psalm 9:2, 2 Corinthians 6:17

By all means "rejoice", "make a joyful noise TO THE LORD!" Just be careful not to idolize the newest band or make an album a ritualistic habit.

I am sure Katy Perry's parents are real proud...

Our children are losing their ability to blush.

I just want to clarify in case my original response came off the wrong way. I'm not saying that it's wrong to listen to certain Christian music, I was just agreeing Agricola. Toby's song is about God stealing the show because ultimately his songs are about Him. Just think it's interesting that you might not get that message being an average listener. I too think it's important that we focus on God, for the most part, when listening to music instead of how it makes us feel good (i.e., vanity thoughts).

well dirty, the thing is, if a certain song causes your mind to stray, then you shouldnt listen to it. But that doesnt make that song bad, nor does it mean that no one else should listen to it. Just because it reminds you of a bad song doesnt mean if affects someone else the same way-thats a very subjective argument, not based in fact. And your scriptures, also, dont back that up. This is indeed one of those grey areas, that while it may cause some to stumble, but others, it may draw them closer to God. When it comes to something not necessarily specified in scripture, like Tobymac, then well, its a subjective matter, and you cant just say its all bad just because you think it is. Thats not scriptural, nor even an accurate, argument.

If you don't mind me sharing my opinion...

I think both of you are right. Music affects everyone different. Some may listen to a contemporary Christian song and have it leads to certain negative/"bad"/non Christian thoughts. Others, like myself, may listen to mainstream non Christian music and still think of the Lord.

For example, "Wide Awake" by Katie Perry. I'm sure a non Christian would simply enjoy the song. When I listen to it, I literally think of being born again and how God has opened my eyes to things that as a wordly person, I was blind to (read the lyrics when you can). This goes for many mainstream songs. I simply apply them to God.

I was referring to agricolas comments life, that actual demons are actually in church, and that if we sing songs that he thinks are wishy washy, that the demons are singing those songs to satan. Absolutly no evidence for this whatseover, but he is refering to actual, literal demons, not people.

@Dirtyrottensinner
I think it's important not to judge. Trust me, I know it's hard. I too found it interesting that Katie Perry went from singing in the church to singing the type of music she has over the years. However, she may feel extremely condemned. She may have momentarily got caught up in the money and fame. She may come back to Him. You never know. I'm sure on one hand her parents are proud and on the other disappointed; but He still loves her. He loves all of His children. :)

Apologies if I greatly misinterpreted your statement.

Back