What did Jesus look like?

Isaiah 53:2
(KJV) For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; [magnificence]
and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
(GW) He grew up in his presence like a young tree, like a root out of dry ground. He had no form or majesty that would make us look at him.
He had nothing in his appearance that would make us desire him.

For the face of Jesus see the Shroud of Turin, his burial cloth.

View attachment 2380

Blessings Brother Waggles ,
I wanted to add this to your post. It goes right along with it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shroud_of_Turin#
Blessings
FCJ

This is a very interesting question. There are many theories regarding the physical appearance of Jesus, some think he has long hair and beard and some think he may look very different. Television and movies distorts peoples views on what Jesus looked like unfortunately, however can we really say what he looked like?

Hi Kurt,
In my thinking on how awesome our God is and how He does talk to us and guides us that I see no reason why He could not have described or shown some others what He looked like.

I mean people have had visions and been caught up into Heaven and seen Jesus. So I would think it's very possible Jesus looks very close to what we think.
That's just my thinking. Lol
Blessings
FCJ

This is a very interesting question. There are many theories regarding the physical appearance of Jesus, some think he has long hair and beard and some think he may look very different. Television and movies distorts peoples views on what Jesus looked like unfortunately, however can we really say what he looked like?
Hmm IMO we can say what he looked like based on what we read, watch, listen and hear but what we really should know is what Jesus looks like inside of us - through His Holy Spirit.

I believe we will never see God and His Glory face to face but the closest we'll see is through the witnesses (in the Bible) during the time Jesus walked the earth.

Just my thinking :)

Blessings

we really should know is what Jesus looks like inside of us - through His Holy Spirit.
Amen !!!
but the closest we'll see is through the witnesses (in the Bible) during the time Jesus walked the earth.
Well ya know Sister, I bet many have seen the glory of God in and through you.

We are created in His image, likeness.
What makes it more so when Jesus walked the earth compared to today?
Blessings

Sorry brother, I meant physically lol the physical appearance of Jesus :) but He's definitely ALIVE today as he was thousands of years ago! :D
Lol I was kind of baiting here. Lol

Many people will say yes but he was Jesus.........answer yes we know for we have been reading the Bible a long time.

Then many will say yes but He was the son of God......answer ....what are you if not son or daughter of God

Then many say......yes but Jesus had the Holy Spirit in Him.....answer ... what do you have living in you? The Holy Spirit........

Works just about every time
Blessings

I believe Jesus looks a lot like the pictures and images we have of Him.

I arrive at this view from painful common sense. God planned Jesus from before the foundations of the earth. He wants us to have an accurate picture of Him in our minds. Just as He ensured His word remained unscathed throughout the generations. Likewise He would inspire and ensure His image be in some way 'sanctified / true'.

We are in a love relationship with God. God is an open book. He is honest. He is trustworthy. He would not let us look at an incorrect picture of Him our whole lives. The nail in this coffin for me is 1 Cor 12:3 and Matt 16:16-17. God reveals Jesus to every Christian. When Jesus appeared to me....now I am not kidding....He appeared in the clouds with a face exactly like the one you will see at any Catholic church. Of course He was not literally in the clouds but a crystal clear / stand out vision in my mind. It was, as it is for all of us quite an unreal experience.

Anyone who has ever been in a long distance relationship knows to ensure their loved one has a clear up to date picture of them.

Other issues to consider. The disciples and Paul saw Jesus. They can write down every single word He told them in absolute detail and not once......get someone to draw His face for records? Nobody asked them to describe His features? Nobody passed this down? Jesus only happened to be... God of the universe. There is a higher chance of us having an accurate picture of Jesus then there is of any prior to camera's.
I think maybe its a good thing we don't know exactly how Jesus looks like-- as some people can be petty and get hung up on race. I think God chose to leave it out because he knew what he was doing and two, race really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

I think maybe its a good thing we don't know exactly how Jesus looks like-- as some people can be petty and get hung up on race. I think God chose to leave it out because he knew what he was doing and two, race really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.
I agree with your race concerns. God sees mankind not race. But, Jesus was Jewish / white. Scripture is crystal clear on that.

I agree with your race concerns. God sees mankind not race. But, Jesus was Jewish / white. Scripture is crystal clear on that.
He isnt white, it simply would have described his skin as fair or ivory. It doesnt-- he has hair of wool and bronze skin and that is biblical. If anything based on this description, Jesus has an Arabic look.

He isnt white, it simply would have described his skin as fair or ivory. It doesnt-- he has hair of wool and bronze skin and that is biblical. If anything based on this description, Jesus has an Arabic look.
KingJ
John 4:22
You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews.

Jesus was Jewish so He would have looked like any other Jew at that time that He walked this earth.

Now scripture also tells us what His glory looks like now.
Blessings
FCJ

KingJ
John 4:22
You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews.

Jesus was Jewish so He would have looked like any other Jew at that time that He walked this earth.

Now scripture also tells us what His glory looks like now.
Blessings
FCJ
Honestly, I wouldn't care if Jesus was Chinese...i really don't. I'm just trying to get to heaven.

Back