What Does Baptism Mean To You

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in a large main-stream type church years ago. The pastor had a PHD in theology, and he said that Baptism was: "An Outward Expression Of An Inward Work"
This was a very intellectual sounding explaination and sufficed for a time.
Since then I have met many professing Christians that agree with this explaination.
I have noticed quite a rub over the years between different groups. Even though most mainsteam groups believe that you don't have to be Baptized to be "saved", there is much arguing and disagreement about whether you should be sprinkled or submerged.
If in the Bible it says it doesn't really matter; then it does not. But, if in the Bible it says it does matter; then it does.
There are elements that are a part of our approach to God and are necessary for full Bible salvation.
I am talking about the Blood, the Water, and the Spirit.
Also the ONLY true and saving gospel of Jesus Christ is: The Death, the Burial, and the Ressurection of Jesus Christ. You REPENT of all of your sins there is a DEATH or dying out. Then you are BURIED in a watery grave ( In the NAME of Jesus Christ) for the remission of your sins. You then can receive the GIFT ( in-filling, or baptism) of the Holy Ghost.
If you've never been buried in water In the NAME of Jesus Christ, you need to. If you've been baptized in any other formula (In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost) you basically just got wet.

I find it hard to believe that God, in His infinite wisdom and justice, would say to someone at their judgment, "I'm sorry, but you were sprinkled with water instead of submerged, so your name is not in the Book of Life".

Mark 16:16
King James Version (KJV)
16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
John 3:5
King James Version (KJV)
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
1 Peter 3:20-21
King James Version (KJV)
20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
Acts 2:38
King James Version (KJV)
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

God does NOT send anyone to hell, they choose for themselves.

Mark 16:16
King James Version (KJV)
16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Right. Note the second part...you are damned if you don't believe. It doesn't say "if you're not Baptized in the proper manner, you are damned".

John 3:5
King James Version (KJV)
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
1 Peter 3:20-21
King James Version (KJV)
20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
King James Version (KJV)
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Right. Nothing in there about having to be Baptized a specific way or with specific words spoken, just like I said.

Right. Note the second part...you are damned if you don't believe. It doesn't say "if you're not Baptized in the proper manner, you are damned".

Right. Nothing in there about having to be Baptized a specific way or with specific words spoken, just like I said.
Acts 2:38.......In Jesus' Name

I'm not disagreeing with that scripture either. You haven't cited anything that says we must be Baptized in one way and one way only, lest we be damned.

John 14:6 "Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Acts 16:31 "They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved--you and your household.""

John 3:18 "Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son."

Is the question whether baptism is must or the question is on whether type of baptism matters?

I am assuming first is the question.. I would say we are not saved by baptism.. Justification is by faith alone. At the same time, if someone will be stubborn enough to say he will not be baptised (even if he is physically able), I will look into the kind of assurance he has on salvation

Greetings:

When every child enters this world,it is cursed in every cell.In order for the Holy Ghost to alight,just as the manna fell upon the
morning dew,Baptism cleans off a landing,The Holy Ghost maintains the site.Now the babe-in-Christ can grow into a priest.The
priest can now attain spiritualism to himself/herself with the word of God.And then baptize others correctly if the focus is upon the
blood of Christ which was exercised by spirituality.

bye

Infant baptism, sprinkling and other methods other that being "submerged"(buried) is NOT Biblical.
We are to be baptized in the NAME of the Lord (Jesus) For the remission of sins.

King James Version (KJV)
Matthew 3:16
King James Version (KJV)
16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
Acts 8:39
King James Version (KJV)
39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.
Acts 22:16
Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

The Holy scriptures say, that those who believe and are baptized will be saved - from Mark 16:16. Always go to the Word to get your doctrines, rightly dividing the word of truth. NEVER take what a man says over GODS Holy Word, no matter how many people believe that mans doctrine...Go to the word, always go to the word. The link I will be providing will send you right to a FULL GOSPEL ministry of one of God's Elect, Born again (baptized with the Holy Ghost) believers web site......https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePersecuted7 I was baptized with the Holy Ghost by Jesus Christ and anointed by Him to preach the Gospel. While I was being baptized, these words were spoken to me "You moved a lot of people". Check the site against the Holy scriptures and you will find it Biblicaly sound. GLORY TO YESHUA! Let the Lord be magnified.

Infant baptism, sprinkling and other methods other that being "submerged"(buried) is NOT Biblical.
We are to be baptized in the NAME of the Lord (Jesus) For the remission of sins.

King James Version (KJV)
Matthew 3:16
King James Version (KJV)
16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
Acts 8:39
King James Version (KJV)
39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.
Acts 22:16
Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Brother David...by this and our other quite lengthy discourse I see you have been trained by Sebellians and this is sad...they knowingly and intentionally leave some very important things out of your spiritual education...

The first is a proper understanding of the being baptized "in the shem of" someone or something so I will start here and give you this key (I pray Father that you will one the eyes of his understanding) and that in Acts 2:38 in the Greek it says we are to baptized INTO His name (which is in Hebrew thinking, His "shem")....

With the proper understanding one comes to realize that this is not about a magic formula which we say "In the name of" is is about that beings presence, authority, character, etc., in light of this think now of being baptized INTO the presence, authority, and character of the Lord Jesus Christ for the remission of sins...only the Holy Spirit baptizes us INTO Christ whatever formula some men speak out loud....to be baptized in the shem of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit is not about a name like Joe, Mary, or Tom...the same when the Apostles who followed Jesus teaching in Matthew 28:19 baptized some INTO the shem of the Lord Jesus...it was about the transaction not the utterance.

When an officer of the law tells you to "Stop in the name of the Law" is "the Law" a name like Peter or Jesus? No! But you know right away, that that person comes forth representing and empowered with the authority as that law itself, to carry out the consequence of you violating that law if required. When one in old times came forth in the name of the King, they were as the King's presence and authority itself and had better be heeded and obeyed...that representative being delegated that authority being as he is,for all intents and purposes is the very presence of the King himself...

So it is with the Hebrew word "shem" translated "name"...now for further enlightenment see Glen Penton's The Hebrew Word Shem

That's right.... baptized into HIS NAME , not their titles.
Surely you wouldn't say that the first century church with Jesus' Apostles baptized wrong?

The Holy scriptures say, that those who believe and are baptized will be saved - from Mark 16:16. Always go to the Word to get your doctrines, rightly dividing the word of truth. NEVER take what a man says over GODS Holy Word, no matter how many people believe that mans doctrine...Go to the word, always go to the word. The link I will be providing will send you right to a FULL GOSPEL ministry of one of God's Elect, Born again (baptized with the Holy Ghost) believers web site......https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePersecuted7 I was baptized with the Holy Ghost by Jesus Christ and anointed by Him to preach the Gospel. While I was being baptized, these words were spoken to me "You moved a lot of people". Check the site against the Holy scriptures and you will find it Biblicaly sound. GLORY TO YESHUA! Let the Lord be magnified.

Have you NOT even read the other posts ? This is about baptism in water

Jesus was baptized in water, to full fill all righteousness. I guess some people think that means we don't.

Last edited:
That's right.... baptized into HIS NAME , not their titles.
Surely you wouldn't say that the first century church with Jesus' Apostles baptized wrong?

No I would say you are confusing "in His name" and "INTO His name" and have no idea what this means just what you have been wrongly convinced of (Perhaps you have been reading the heresies of David Bernard)...he does not tell you what he knows to be true (that which I have revealed unto you)...this is where you got the idea that the name Jesus is the name of the Father and the Spirit (same faulty source)...the Son exists from all eternity with the Father and the Spirit but Jesus was made a little lower than the angels...it is God's word and His sovereign plan, that He may be the Lamb of God (our perfect atonement without spot or blemish...the only appropriate sin offering)...in baptism we become identified with Him in His death, burial, and resurrection

Being baptized using the name of the Lord Jesus is not wrong, nor the only correct way, just as being baptized "in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit" is also not wrong, nor the only correct way...its about you being placed in God and God being placed in you...if you truly have faith...

I know many UPC and Holiness Apostolic people who love the Lord God deeply with great commitment and love their neighbor as themselves, accepting and walking in the sacrifice Christ made on their behalf...so I am not saying you are not saved (as some will now that this secret is revealed), I am saying you have been convinced of a set of incorrect understandings as assuredly contrived as the doctrine of the Jehovah's Witnesses...were you also taught how to speak in tongues and convinced by them if you did not do so you could not be saved (other lies)...

Run from them my friend as fast as you can...they teach "another Jesus"...run fast...this is the first of two admonitions, after that I will not speak of this again. As soon as I stop typing I am praying for the veil to be lifted. May the Lord have mercy on us all.

In His love

brother Paul

Since within the OT, the washing with water and passing through water (the Tevillah in a Mikvah, which we call a pool or a bath) is the sovereignly chosen way God uses to officiate consecration unto Him from the bath of a proselyte, to the consecration of every person and instrument of the Tabernacle and Temple, the renewal of the marriage bed after Sabbath, all the way up to now...it is THE way God has chosen to officiate the change of status of persons and things to being "HOLY" (set apart for His use and purpose)...

Jesus did it and did it to His disciples and commanded them to do it and we all should be baptized...any who teach others to not be baptized or that you do not need to be are opposing God (knowingly or unknowingly does not matter). The scriptures show us some who receive the Spirit before baptism and others during and still others after (what should that matter to us)...be baptized because it is a womb and a tomb and the means He decided to designate by which you enter a new order of consecration (the mark you are His)...do not delay if you have not been baptized to do so at your soonest convenience...if any insist saying "I don't need to be" then this shows who their lord is...Jesus says do it...they say no...who is the Lord? Your way or Yah's way...you choose...

In His love

brother Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back