What Does "bible Believing Christian" And "bible Believing Church" Mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You won't play with me? Darn. I guess I need another playmate... I guess it's for the best. Who knows what I might catch.

Anyway, this thread isn't about homosexuality so I suggest we get back on topic before this thread gets closed.

Every church says they are "bible believing" because they believe that their teachings are correct. I'd say that we are all wrong in some ways and we can only try the best we can to live a good life.
Thanks for bringing this conversation back to where it belongs!

You make a good point. I think even mormons say they are bible believing.

The Bible is the one thing that Mormons have gotten right. But actually I would not call them Bible believing because they don't believe in Biblical inerrancy. They elevate the Book of Mormon above the Bible which is what does them in. However, that being said, though they butcher their theology most of their teachings on morality are in line with mainstream Christianity and I haven't met too many bad apples in the Mormon community.

And also, people here need to stop the anti-catholic sentiment. You can disagree with the Catholic church, but it shares ALL the major tenants of Christian theology including the Trinity, Jesus is God, Faith in Christ, the Resurrection, and Biblical inerrancy. It is also the LARGEST charitable organization in the world and the LARGEST Christian denomination. It does no good to anyone's faith to criticize them. Rather look at the things we all agree on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back