What Does "bible Believing Christian" And "bible Believing Church" Mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bible defines sin, not us. The world does indeed embrace. You asked what it is a Bible believing Christian. It seems as though you don't like the answers.

Hence the reasoning behind the thread.

For me, sin is anything that separates me from God. It's not our place to condemn sin. If you really think the world actively avoids sin, there is nothing I can say to open your eyes. I ask you to provide any scripture where sin, in any form, is tolerated. Please show any scripture where sin is defended. We are not called to be tolerant, we are called to be loving. Somehow it seems you've adopted the nonbelievers idea of what Christianity should be in exchange for what the Bible says a Christian should be.

1 Corinthians 2:14 (NLT)
But people who aren’t spiritual
can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means.

That is a whitewash coming from the homosexual agenda.
This is about the most insane thing I have ever heard... people will believe anything when they want to believe a lie. The truth demands we surrender to God and His Will, some cannot or will not ever do that.

It isn't that I don't like the answers, it's just the answers I'm getting are so off-the-wall that I don't trust the answerers to give responsible answers. What makes you think I'm trying to defend sin? I'm just saying that some of you are so eager to tar things as SINFUL which some people would argue are NOT sinful that maybe you need to have a common consensus in place first.

Don't be so quick to judge. God doesn't like it, and people don't either. It's unbecoming.

Funny, because those of us who know what we are talking about get our answers from God's word and we openly share it, and actually post scripture for you. you, on the other hand, rudely spurn it, don't read it, and don't believe it and on top of it all you have said more than once that you refuse to produce scripture to support yourself---so all you promote here is ideas. Those ideas do not stand up to God's word, so they fail in the face of truth.

I guess I just wonder why you two just seem to have an obsession with homosexuality...
Its when people who claim to be Christians attempt to promote and exalt wickedness that the true grace of God is shamed. Its called making a defense of the truth, I suggest you get used to it....:D

Lol I did not see that one where I am accused of being a homosexual...:LOL:
I just hear about a lot of people being really spiteful about it and then they start "batting for the other team" so to speak. I just want to make sure we're not having one of those moments.

I guess I just wonder why you two just seem to have an obsession with homosexuality...

I have no compulsion toward the subject. I just stand up to those who claim to be Christian and yet hold to ungodly ideas. There are people here who read and do not post and some are seeking truth. We owe it to them to provide it and to stand up for it.

It isn't that I don't like the answers, it's just the answers I'm getting are so off-the-wall that I don't trust the answerers to give responsible answers. What makes you think I'm trying to defend sin? I'm just saying that some of you are so eager to tar things as SINFUL which some people would argue are NOT sinful that maybe you need to have a common consensus in place first.

Don't be so quick to judge. God doesn't like it, and people don't either. It's unbecoming.
I made no judgment.
"Judge the believin', not the heathen." Andy Stanley
A neutral stance on sin is no stand against it. “Anyone who isn’t with me opposes me, and anyone who isn’t working with me is actually working against me. (‭Matthew‬ ‭12‬:‭30‬ NLT)

I have no compulsion toward the subject. I just stand up to those who claim to be Christian and yet hold to ungodly ideas. There are people here who read and do not post and some are seeking truth. We owe it to them to provide it and to stand up for it.
Oh yeah, no I understand. I just want to make sure, you know, if there was something you needed to tell us, just know that your among friends and we won't judge you.

I just hear about a lot of people being really spiteful about it and then they start "batting for the other team" so to speak. I just want to make sure we're not having one of those moments.
Well you can allow whatever thoughts you like, but when folks start trying to promote evil in the Name of My God? They will not like me very much, and I will defend the true grace of God and His holiness and standards for His true people... I must say I get a kick out of being attacked by those who defend evil and hate righteousness.

Well then what you're demanding is nothing less than for people to be castrated at birth. We are human beings and if you know anything about biology, we are also sexual beings. Most of us are attracted to the opposite sex, a minority are attracted to the same sex. Either way we experience desires (I'm not touching your judgmental word "lusts") and we cannot do anything about that.
Now maybe you can relate to how sin is born. If you look at a woman and lust after her you have already committed adultery with her!!! Is this to much for you to understand? If you thought only stopping from doing wickedness was the key to holiness then you have not even began to understand sin. There are people in this world who have committed adultery with thousands of women, yet they have never even touched a women. There are people who have murdered thousands of people but have never physically hurt anyone. " "He that hates his brother is a murderer", "Who ever lust after a women in his heart has already committed adultery with her"
What ever it is you believe is not based on truth.

I am allowed to mention it. Only you are bent on revenge.
With who? WHO exactly do I want revenge on? You seem to want it on people you think are being disobedient to God (whether they are or not). In other words, EVERYBODY.
I don't think you take anything in God's word seriously...and that includes deliverance from bondage and restoration that God performs in the lives people who love Him.
Good thing I don't take anything YOU say seriously, including nonsense like this.
Homosexuality can be completely eradicated from the hearts and minds of people who desire to serve their Lord.
Pretty hilarious considering that Exodus International recently closed their doors after their founder apologized to the gay community and admitted he was a fraud. Guess that doesn't count, eh? Your own people admitting you're wrong?
I see it in you, so far. It's a not so good thing here.
What I hate is hate itself. You thrive on it.

I haven't met too many Catholics who are Christians. Some are and many aren't. Just like protestants. You need to provide us your understanding of what makes a person a Christian. Do you know what "born again" means?
"Born again" is your game with your rules, Catholics were here long before you were and they don't play that game. Catholics will tell you they were "born again" at the time of their baptism. You practice believer's baptism and they practice infant baptism because the two sides understand it differently. Note that I'm not claiming one side is right and the other's wrong - just acknowledging they have a difference of opinion. You, of course, won't see it that way, and claim the Catholics (and Lutherans, Methodists, Episcopalians and many more who practice infant baptism) are wrong and you're right.

The "born again" and "saved" and easy believism, once-saved-always-saved thing is your unbiblical game. Don't expect other Christians to play it.
Use your bible, not a dictionary.
In the real world as we know it, a dictionary defines things. It defines Catholics as Christians. You lose.

Well you can allow whatever thoughts you like, but when folks start trying to promote evil in the Name of My God? They will not like me very much, and I will defend the true grace of God and His holiness and standards for His true people... I must say I get a kick out of being attacked by those who defend evil and hate righteousness.
Oh yeah I can tell! You get really hot and bothered anytime someone brings it up. It seems like you probably think about it ALOT.

Eze 13:22 "Because with lies you have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and you have strengthened the hands of the wicked, so that he does not turn from his wicked way to save his life.

"Born again" is your game with your rules, Catholics were here long before you were and they don't play that game. Catholics will tell you they were "born again" at the time of their baptism. You practice believer's baptism and they practice infant baptism because the two sides understand it differently. Note that I'm not claiming one side is right and the other's wrong - just acknowledging they have a difference of opinion. You, of course, won't see it that way, and claim the Catholics (and Lutherans, Methodists, Episcopalians and many more who practice infant baptism) are wrong and you're right.

The "born again" and "saved" and easy believism, once-saved-always-saved thing is your unbiblical game. Don't expect other Christians to play it.

In the real world as we know it, a dictionary defines things. It defines Catholics as Christians. You lose.

What's up with the anti catholic sentiment people? We all love God here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back