What exactly is wrong with being a church hopper?

Ahhr yes the reply button, thanks .

What do you mean here: "It's what we don't know that is as wholes in our doctrine."

The things that we don't know are the holes in what we believe. Gods uncompromised written Word should be our doctrine, and what we don't know are the holes.

The Bible says we only know in part (1 Corinthians 13:9)
For no one except the Father knows everything.

Hope I'm explaining this right

What do you mean here: "It's what we don't know that is as wholes in our doctrine."
None of us have become perfected in Christ yet. If we are smart we work towards this 24/7/365

If we only know it part
This would also say there is parts we don't know.

So within our doctrines (what we think we know) there are missing revelation or understanding and these are the parts we don't know.

So then there are holes or gaps in what we think we know. None of us are so all together that we can correct everyone because we believe we know it all or better then most.

So in all truth, we all have much open space where understanding is concerned.
I hope these replies help you to understand.
Blessings
FCJ

None of us have become perfected in Christ yet. If we are smart we work towards this 24/7/365

If we only know it part
This would also say there is parts we don't know.

So within our doctrines (what we think we know) there are missing revelation or understanding and these are the parts we don't know.

So then there are holes or gaps in what we think we know. None of us are so all together that we can correct everyone because we believe we know it all or better then most.

So in all truth, we all have much open space where understanding is concerned.
I hope these replies help you to understand.
Blessings
FCJ
Oh I see, it was just a typo. I thought you were perhaps trying to play with words when you used the word 'whole'. Darn that spell checker :)

Yeah sure, no one is objective but God, we are all subjective.

As iron sharpens iron! However, the sword is useless without love.

Oh I see, it was just a typo. I thought you were perhaps trying to play with words when you used the word 'whole'. Darn that spell checker :)

Yeah sure, no one is objective but God, we are all subjective.

As iron sharpens iron! However, the sword is useless without love.
The key is Love every time.
Yea these wonderful android devices think they know what you are thinking. I missed that one. Lol

I've been to many churches of differing beliefs. I don't regret the experience and learned much. There was much good to be found in all the denominations I visited. Hopping around can be a wondrous and fulfilling experience. It just depends on what you make of it.

I've been to many churches of differing beliefs. I don't regret the experience and learned much. There was much good to be found in all the denominations I visited. Hopping around can be a wondrous and fulfilling experience. It just depends on what you make of it.
This can be very true especially when going to church is all about us and what we want to do, but believe it or not, The Father has a place He wants you to call home.

The trick is to stay planted where He places you no matter what!!
If He wants you to leave He will let you know but it is not ever for the reasons that people use for reasons to leave.

So yep church hoppin can be fun just like bar hopping when it's all about you and not the Lord.
Blessings
FCJ

This can be very true especially when going to church is all about us and what we want to do, but believe it or not, The Father has a place He wants you to call home.

The trick is to stay planted where He places you no matter what!!
If He wants you to leave He will let you know but it is not ever for the reasons that people use for reasons to leave.

So yep church hoppin can be fun just like bar hopping when it's all about you and not the Lord.
Blessings
The reverse can be just as true as the Lord never wants one to stay where He didn't intend and never wants us to stay for the reasons people say they must stay.

Why do some see it as such a bad thing?

God's design for every believers of Christ is to grow and to mature. Peter tells this truth that we may, strengthened, settled and established. Church hopping does not contribute to your growth as a follower of Christ.

We can understand this thru plants, if a plant is planted then after some time was removed and was re-planted then removed and re-planted again the plant will survive and never grow and bring forth beauty through its flowers or fruits. This truth also applies to every believers, we need to find a church where we can grow, know the Lord intimately and to mature and fulfill all the purpose God has for us. In King James version you can read that Adam was "planted" by God, thus gives us an idea that we need to be stable, grow and mature and bring more and much fruits for His glory. Also, God gave ministers that will help us to grow and mature.

I will end with Paul's words when he said "All things are permissible BUT not all things are beneficial" You may go and church hop no one can hinder you, BUT will it be beneficial to you and to your relationship with God, will it lead you to the fullness of Gods plan for you? You may want to consider these things when thinking of church hopping.

I pray that these things will help and that the Holy Spirit will guide and lead into you into a church that will prepare you to the coming of the Lord. Godbless you

Back