What Is Hell?

I agree .. I think once again it is only semantics ..
for instance Model A Fords are no longer made ..
yet Ford still makes cars .. they don't look the same but it has those roots ..
Protestantism is derived from Catholicism (hence the name reform) ..
all they did was modify it and create a new establishment ..

as a student of the early church, you must admit, more then one Apostle started churches .. ALL denominations still use the same design (Gospels) as the original, but with variations (doctrine) .. hence all denominations go back to Christ .. Catholics just claim Ford's blueprints (Peter) while Greek Orthodox claim Chevrolet (Paul) etc .. but they are still all modeled after the original Christ .. this should NEVER have happened but it did ..

Soooooooooo .. Christ wanted NO DIVISION .. and a merger is what should be, but NEVER will .. BUT .. I believe the denominations should at least "reach out" to each other ..

God Bless you ..

Well said......... Without Catholics I wonder where our jump in getting scripture together would be? I love all denominations that Hold up Jesus. I don't buy into all the goofy things but if you Love Jesus we have something to talk about.

people can claim whatever. There is no denomination practice in the bible that would single out any special one today. Slain in the Spirit is not in the bible so that removes many christmatics as being first........

I also think we are getting threads mixed up...... could just be me though but it seems I am picking places and just discussing not bothering to even look what thread it's in... ummm...

blessings.

Skimmed the comments.. but have not read them all.
Nor am I educated in Greek and such.. but I feel like God knows that we are physical creatures and how important it is to have something in our hands to read that is tangible as to his instruction, as well as the working of his Spirit within our hearts to confirm and guide us in discerning what we read correctly. That's just my take. I see the KJV as the most reliable source of Scripture for the average English speaking person.. and all other translations that are accepted as valid as mere commentaries on the KJV.. so I have no quarrel with translations.. I just feel that any contradiction with the KJV, means that the KJV is the final truth on the matter. But again.. that's not a doctrine for anyone.. just my perception and what I have peace with.

Going back to the original question of what is hell?

It was never created for mankind.. it was created for Satan.
It is referred to as the second death.. and is eternal separation from God.
The word itself can represent the grave, the place of departed spirits, and the final destination of all who reject the work of Jesus Christ as the only Begotten son of God as Savior of all mankind.

It is the antithesis of all that God calls good, which would include darkness, discomfort, heartache, regret, guilt, ect..
There is no mercy, no more second chances, no more grace, no more forgiveness.. a closed door and eternal cell from which there is no escape.. no exit door.
Jesus spoke of hell way more than heaven.. he spoke of it as eternal, as he created mankind as eternal creatures with a body capable of death, but a spirit that cannot die in the same sense. Spirits don't die physically.. they die spiritually.. God is life.. so the complete absence of God.. is death... the second death to be exact.

Anyone who believes that Christ is who he said he is.. and who lives as best they can according to his teachings.. asking for forgiveness and repenting (cleaning up when they fail).. welcomes him as Savior, Lord, and Friend in their life.. will be with him forever.. married to him.. sharing in his kingdom and his family as he intended from the beginning.. but those who reject him and his teachings.. will be separated from him forever.

The only place that the presence of God does not exist is hell.. a place of torment designed as prison for Satan and his angels because of their rebellion way back when... when man joined in that rebellion.. Scripture says that hell expanded and expands itself to make room for them. We were never sposed to go there.. God has done all imaginable to save us from such an end.. each of us has to choose what we believe and what we will act on. Each of us has to choose where we want to spend eternity.

Christians can share the truth with others about it.. and ask you to consider it. But it is the Holy Spirit that convicts a person. It's between you and God. That's the best way I can explain it. Love to you in Christ, may he lead you to all truth <3

So believe in Jesus, avoid hell......................... Since it's so easy not to go to hell, then no reason not to believe in hell. Thank you for sharing all that.

Hell is real, it's eternal, you don't get to go to purgatory and get things right (Another demonic idea of reincarnation) The blood of Jesus more than good enough to get you through the first time.

Sounds like a plan SelahGirl...........

blessings.

Thanks Michael.. you have so much insight to share.. ur posts are very informative and insightful =)

One thing I would like to be sure of Tara Smith.. is that you come away from all of this encouraged and not feeling like the issue is hugely complicated.. or that there is a lack of love among the ppl of God as they search for the truth of Scripture.. I don't think most ppl go into some of their beliefs seeing it as a doctrine of devils and trying to align themselves with evil.. I think alot of doctrine comes about because ppl originally are truly seeking truth.. but then the enemy comes along and tries to cloud the issue and cause confusion.. and sometimes ppl don't go into seeking truth with an honest and sincere heart.. the result is often doctrine of beliefs that are not truly of God.. but that is such a gray area.

The thing I would like to encourage you in is to be honest with yourself and with God as you search out truth.. talk to him openly about the question in your heart.. read the Bible, whatever version he leads you to.. that's a starting place.. and just ask him to lead you to the truth of who he is and what he wants for your life. He is real.. and it may be a journey.. an immediate one or a lengthy one.. but it will lead you to good things.. because when we are honest with ourselves and with God.. he answers in huge ways.

Love to you for seeking truth.. and most importantly for seeking God's truth <3

The following is not a popular stance on Hell, but nevertheless true. We must stay clear of the traditions of men. God bless.

I would highly reccomend a book I like entitled a divine revelation by Mary Baxter.
There is also a competing theology in a book entitled hope beyond hell.
Both can be downloaded for free.
After reading both I cannot deny the hell Mary Baxter describes.
Sorry I did not read through any posts.
The competing theology is all over the books Facebook page.
In all honestly I was only able to read perhaps one or two dozen pages of hope beyond hell- but I have been engulfed in Mary Baxters.

Last edited:
I hate to nitpick but Mary Baxter is a fraud. Her "testimony about Hell" is pure nonsense.
Hell is real, but she is a liar.

She says hell is real that makes her a liar? I don"'t follow or logic. Unless you don't believe in hell. Do you?

I'm more than familiar with the reality of Hell, I've met some of its' denizens.
However, everything that Mary Baxter has written about meeting Jesus and getting a guided tour of Hell
is pure and unadulterated nonsense, it doesn't pass the stink test.
In other words, SHE HAS LIED ABOUT IT ALL.

But you say you've met it's denizens. Then you say she Is a fraud. Contradiction.
God is real. Not hokey pokey.

Last edited:
There is no contradiction.
You really are not paying attention.

A. God is real.
B. Hell is real.
C. Mary Baxter is a fraud. Her story is fiction, made up, fraudulent.

A & B have nothing to do with C.

There is no contradiction.
You really are not paying attention.

A. God is real.
B. Hell is real.
C. Mary Baxter is a fraud. Her story is fiction, made up, fraudulent.

A & B have nothing to do with C.

Now or just copying what I was saying.

I hate to nitpick but Mary Baxter is a fraud. Her "testimony about Hell" is pure nonsense.
Hell is real, but she is a liar.

Always something nice to say about someone, never judging anyone that you don't even know. I love your consistency. Where is your book by the way?

I read the book 4 times and have watched Mary give the account on many video's. I detect Nothing in my spirit by the Holy Spirit that what she is telling us is not something she does not fully believe happen herself.

If you would stop putting people down and wasting time with that all day, get filled with the Holy Spirit and pray in tongues then you would also know the same thing.
I doubt you would have time for that though with all your long lists of putting down others you never even met.

I find it very sad that someone, like yourself MichaelH, who feels the need to correct any and all you meet,
when confronted with blatant fraud finds no problem.

She is a fraud, and obvious fraud. It saddens me that real discernment is so lacking these days.

Slap the title of "holy spirit" on any bizarre behavior and people will flock to it.
"Speaking in tongues" is proof that one is capable of making unintelligible noises, nothing more.
If I want to hear people blather incoherently I can volunteer at the local mental asylum.

I find it very sad that someone, like yourself MichaelH, who feels the need to correct any and all you meet,

She is a fraud, and obvious fraud. It saddens me that real discernment is so lacking these days.

Slap the title of "holy spirit" on any bizarre behavior and people will flock to it.
"Speaking in tongues" is proof that one is capable of making unintelligible noises, nothing more.
If I want to hear people blather incoherently I can volunteer at the local mental asylum.

have you read the book?

Wow. So u think people who A believe in the Holy Spirit and B speak in tongues need to be in asylums. Wow. What would be your remedy. I can only imagine. Real tough eh, com in online to threaten people who believe in the holy ghost. It's justtic. I honestly think you need medication. To come online and hurl insults like that sounds like an illness. I forgive you, you don't know what you are saying.

Last edited:
Hell is: separation from God-prepared for Satan and his minions; unfortunately many human souls will choose to go there to by denying the LORD.

Probably the best response I've seen here.

The emphasis of Hell is the lack of God, whom we desperately need. This is why Hell ought to be feared in the worst way possible. Even those who fell victim during the Nazi or the Communist uprisings who suffered greatly, or the victims in Rwanda, when it seemed God was silent, could have felt more hope than the poor souls in Hell.

Back