What Is Idolatry?

Polly, thank you for sharing your heart with us. I want to encourage you to continue searching Gods word for answers-- we must always be aware of our fallen nature it is written in Jeremiah ...“The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is? But I, the Lord, search all hearts and examine secret motives. I give all people their due rewards, according to what their actions deserve.” (Jeremiah 17:9, 10)

You're welcome. :3 And who do you think that answered me about the Tulpa? When I sensed the answer with my intuition, I also felt a good secure feeling like it was coming from a legit source. But can demons ever pretend to be good and give a good feeling to people when they answer, or do the people always feel suddenly scared and bad only if a demon answers?

Absolutely demons can pretend to be good and give off a good feeling. Sweetie-- lucifer was the most beautiful of all the cherubim... he is a liar and disguises himself as good. But there is no good in him. Also, there is no Loki as you know him from popular culture-- all spirits or 'gods' are fallen angels (demons) masquerading as anything they please.

Absolutely demons can pretend to be good and give off a good feeling. Sweetie-- lucifer was the most beautiful of all the cherubim... he is a liar and disguises himself as good. But there is no good in him. Also, there is no Loki as you know him from popular culture-- all spirits or 'gods' are fallen angels (demons) masquerading as anything they please.

Hmm... Depends that who answered me then. But how do we find out who answered me?

Well some things we can't know... You have to decide how well you can trust your "intuition". Considering the fact that you are bias toward wanting the tulpa. Not sure who answered you...if you are unsure- turn to His word

This scripture came to mind :

Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desires. Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you. He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun. Psalms 37:3-6

More about Gods will

Romans 12:2
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Isaiah 55:8-9
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Polly - Coincidentally, a friend on another thread recommended a fictional book, The Present Darkness by Frank Peritti. I got it on e-book but it is non-lendable :( else I would. While I did not rate it in the same class as a Koontz book, it tells clearly about people letting in evil, unknowingly. They didn't name Tulpa as it was not a trend like it is now but it describes exactly what happens.

I question your motives you have a profile picture of a wizard and according to the word no wizards shall enter into the kingdom of heaven.

2 Kings 23:23-25
King James Version (KJV)

23 But in the eighteenth year of king Josiah, wherein this passover was holden to the Lord in Jerusalem.

24 Moreover the workers with familiar spirits, and the wizards, and the images, and the idols, and all the abominations that were spied in the land of Judah and in Jerusalem, did Josiah put away, that he might perform the words of the law which were written in the book that Hilkiah the priest found in the house of the Lord.

25 And like unto him was there no king before him, that turned to the Lord with all his heart, and with all his soul, and with all his might, according to all the law of Moses; neither after him arose there any like him.

Revelation 22:12-16
King James Version (KJV)

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

The verses I posted in Revelation answer your question and your profile picture, Jesus says repent, not my words, but Jesus words.

I thought about how to get you that book. I can gift it to you thru my account, and you would have to download the Nook pc free download. I would only want your word that you would read it before playing with Tulpae. And in any event, I agree with Allie that you should only explore with God solidly in your court. Silly me - I care.

I question your motives you have a profile picture of a wizard and according to the word no wizards shall enter into the kingdom of heaven.

2 Kings 23:23-25
King James Version (KJV)

23 But in the eighteenth year of king Josiah, wherein this passover was holden to the Lord in Jerusalem.

24 Moreover the workers with familiar spirits, and the wizards, and the images, and the idols, and all the abominations that were spied in the land of Judah and in Jerusalem, did Josiah put away, that he might perform the words of the law which were written in the book that Hilkiah the priest found in the house of the Lord.

25 And like unto him was there no king before him, that turned to the Lord with all his heart, and with all his soul, and with all his might, according to all the law of Moses; neither after him arose there any like him.

King James Version (KJV)

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

The verses I posted in Revelation answer your question and your profile picture, Jesus says repent, not my words, but Jesus words.

But Snape is a fictional wizard. And I don't think it's forbidden to have pictures of a fictional wizard created by Rowling in this website? Also, Harry Potter magic doesn't exist.

I though the post of Michael B already presented a good case,

....but Polly seems keeps on defending her case......

Although I cannot imagine it is good to imagine a husband who is sorcerer…or whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Last edited:
But Snape is a fictional wizard. And I don't think it's forbidden to have pictures of a fictional wizard created by Rowling in this website? Also, Harry Potter magic doesn't exist.
Magic does exist Moses with Aaron's rod, many more examples as well, fiction or not, a sin is still a sin,

Matthew 7:21-23
King James Version (KJV)

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

I hate to use the word you, but why tempt Jesus.

Deuteronomy 18:9-14
King James Version (KJV)

9 When thou art come into the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.

10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch.

11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto theLord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

13 Thou shalt be perfect with the Lord thy God.

14 For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times, and unto diviners: but as for thee, the Lord thy God hath not suffered thee so to do.

Those movies about those forbidden abominations to The Lord, were made to convert people to that wickedness, my conscious would not allow me to even take part in something that filthy.

1 Timothy 4:1-3
King James Version (KJV)

4 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

If heaven is your goal then why tempt God.

Romans 1:24-32
King James Version (KJV)

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

I hope this helps.

Philippians 2:12
King James Version (KJV)

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Work out your own salvation.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
King James Version (KJV)

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Magic does exist Moses with Aaron's rod, many more examples as well, fiction or not, a sin is still a sin,

I was a witch 2 years ago, and I can tell you that Harry Potter magic doesn't exist. Real life witches don't use wands and do magick things that don't match the laws of nature (scientific laws for example), and the real witchcraft is not visible like Harry Potter magic. Chris Angel and the other wizard reality shows on the TV are also fake. Harry Potter magic is NOT possible. And the Harry Potter spells are also fake and invented by Rowling, who is a Christian woman and she doesn't do any witchcraft, and I think that the Harry Potter magic's language (names of the spells for example) is fake Latin (pig Latin?). Real life witchcraft is NOTHING special, and it's also a bit boring, as the witches have to cast the spells again after a while because they wear off and it's also too difficult.

I was a witch 2 years ago, and I can tell you that Harry Potter magic doesn't exist. Real life witches don't use wands and do magick things that don't match the laws of nature (scientific laws for example), and the real witchcraft is not visible like Harry Potter magic. Chris Angel and the other wizard reality shows on the TV are also fake. Harry Potter magic is NOT possible. And the Harry Potter spells are also fake and invented by Rowling, who is a Christian woman and she doesn't do any witchcraft, and I think that the Harry Potter magic's language (names of the spells for example) is fake Latin (pig Latin?). Real life witchcraft is NOTHING special, and it's also a bit boring, as the witches have to cast the spells again after a while because they wear off and it's also too difficult.

I gave the reasons out of the Bible if you do not want to know it your salvation not mine, know Christian would make a movie like that, you are a Christians based on your fruit you bear not by your words, its dangerous what you said, could cause people to go the wrong way, when judgement comes we will see what Jesus says, judgement is by The Word of God, you want Jesus but you want to justify your old ways with your new ways, light and darkness can not occupy the same space, you could only love one master not two, you will love the one and hate the other.

I gave the reasons out of the Bible if you do not want to know it your salvation not mine, know Christian would make a movie like that, you are a Christians based on your fruit you bear not by your words, its dangerous what you said, could cause people to go the wrong way, when judgement comes we will see what Jesus says, judgement is by The Word of God, you want Jesus but you want to justify your old ways with your new ways, light and darkness can not occupy the same space, you could only love one master not two, you will love the one and hate the other.

Well, I know a lot of Christians who watch Harry Potter, and again. Do you really believe that Harry Potter magic exists?

Back