What is Love, According to God?

Its good that you understand the position of the catholic Church, looks like we agree on that part. I mention before that I'm not a SDA, but concerning the Sun God and worshipping on Sunday, you showed know Historic proof or Biblical proof.

Lets take a look at some proof....If you research Easter in most encyclopedias, you will see that Easter has many customs and legends that are pagan in origin and have absolutely nothing to do with Christianity.

Easter was named after Eostre (sometimes spelled Eastre), the great Anglo-Saxon goddess of spring, fertility, and new life. Similar Teutonic dawn goddesses of fertility were known variously as Ostare, Ostara, Ostern, Eostra, Eostur, Eastra, Eastur, Austron and Ausos. Her name was derived from the ancient word for spring: "eastre." Thus it is easy to see how "Eastre time" became "Easter time".

Easter Sunday falls on the first Sunday after the first full moon after March 20th, the nominal date of the Vernal (sometimes referred to as spring) Equinox. This is the day (or period of days) in spring when the days and nights are of approximately equal length. This is a time of celebrating new life, the resurrection of nature from the dead, and it has typically featured fertility rites, merrymaking, and usually centers on orgiastic sexual activities. In ancient times there were the sacrificing of virgins, the worship of fertility gods and goddesses.

The Easter sunrise service, that is practiced in many Christian churches, can be traced back to the ancient pagan custom of welcoming the sun god at the vernal equinox - when daytime is about to exceed the length of the nighttime. It was a time to celebrate the return of life and reproduction to animal and plant life as well. Worship of the sun god at sunrise is the religious ritual condemned by the Lord as recorded in Ezekiel 8:15-18.

Now lets go into Ezekiel 8:15-18 Then said he unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations than these. And he brought me into the inner court of the LORD's house, and, behold, at the door of the temple of the LORD, between the porch and the altar, were about five and twenty men, with their backs toward the temple of the LORD, and their faces toward the east; and they worshipped the sun toward the east. Then he said unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? Is it a light thing to the house of Judah that they commit the abominations which they commit here? for they have filled the land with violence, and have returned to provoke me to anger: and, lo, they put the branch to their nose. Therefore will I also deal in fury: mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: and though they cry in mine ears with a loud voice, yet will I not hear them.

So here is proof of what happen then and whats going on mow in our days. "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because, that in it, He had rested from all his work which God created and made." (Gen 2:1-3). The bible reveals that God blessed and set apart (sanctified) the seventh day. This day is holy unto God, and it is the only day of the week that we are commanded to honor. "Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of rest, an holy convocation: ye shall do no work therein: it is the Sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings." (Lev 23:3). A holy convocation is an assembly of the people of God, who come together to worship him

Right. I get you mixed up with the other guy. YOU are the Judiazer. My bad, please forgive me.

Ephesians 2:
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses(law breakers), made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith(faith is the requirement), and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works(Imagine that! Nothing we do outwardly, such as following the law, saves us), lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. (We were created for good works. The good works were not created for us, otherwise the commandments would have been issued to Adam for all time. Works and law following have nothing to do with salvation. They were issued later with Moses to show us our need for a savior. Amen)

Ephesians 2:
14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, 16 and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity(that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances). 17 And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. 18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.

Ephesians 3:16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man(not the outer, law following man), 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith(not righteous law following); that you, being rooted and grounded in love(not following laws), 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge(knowledge of laws); that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Galatians 5:
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage(the law). 2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. 3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law. 4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. 5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.

Merry Christmas, Bro tan, from we who celebrate the light of the world's birth.

Christmas-Lights-and-Market-Champs-Elysees-Paris.jpg

Ephesians 2:
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses(law breakers), made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith(faith is the requirement), and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works(Imagine that! Nothing we do outwardly, such as following the law, saves us), lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. (We were created for good works. The good works were not created for us, otherwise the commandments would have been issued to Adam for all time. Works and law following have nothing to do with salvation. They were issued later with Moses to show us our need for a savior. Amen)

Ephesians 2:
14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, 16 and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity(that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances). 17 And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. 18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.

Ephesians 3:16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man(not the outer, law following man), 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith(not righteous law following); that you, being rooted and grounded in love(not following laws), 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge(knowledge of laws); that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Galatians 5:
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage(the law). 2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. 3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law. 4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. 5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.

Whats your point?

John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.

I think that is God's definition of love, to give one's self for another.

You're kidding, right?

He's not Moose...unfortunately sound reasoning, the whole council of the word, and even grace, cannot penetrate the veil...he has stumbled at the stumbling stone and insists one must obtain right standing with God (righteousness) by working in the flesh (as if his own righteousness would count for salvation - Matt. 6:33). Unless he repents, Bro Tan will live out this life in his maybe 90 to 99% obedience (thus still breaking the whole of the law and thus cursed) and die never having his sins remitted...we must pray for this lost sheep....pray pray and then still pray more....

So Bro Tan...when is the last time you made the appropriate Yom Kippur sacrifice (which is only good for one year by the way)? Oops...you disobedient troll...you have sinned...When has He smelled the sweet savour of your turtle doves? I hope you were circumcised ON the 8th day. No? Oh-oh!!!! You're not even allowed into the assembly....was it cold in your tent this year at Tabernacles where you are?

Forgive him brothers and sisters, he does not know what he does...because he thinks he sees he is most blind...Lord Jesus please open his eyes to what YOU (and you alone) have accomplished for his sake and let him know that no one here is promoting some sort of intentional disobedience...all have sinned and fallen short but only those who have been baptized into Messiah for the remission of sins receives the gift of the Holy Spirit and are born from above (a new order of creation not under the old order)....

Bro Tan, the terms of that covenant were fulfilled by the death and burial of the sinless one and our faith in Him is justified in the resurrection....He made the one sacrifice and has sat down at the right hand of the Father....under the law sacrifices must be continually offerred even on the 7th day Sabbath....I hope for your sake you have been keeping up....

Last edited:
Back