What is Love, According to God?

Did not Jesus come to fulfil the law ? To be subject to the law that those under the law might be set free?

I am not going to much argue this as it is unprofitable.
But tell me if you are in the USA and its Saturday? What will you say to the people who are on the other side of the world and it is Sunday or Friday at the same time?
For the law states that all must attend on the same day in the same place and the same hour as it were.
As far as I am aware that can only be fulfilled if you are a Jew and live in the land of Israel and can go to the Temple .
But as I said . Scripture teaches that if you count one day unto the Lord or all days unto the Lord then do not contend with each other .
That you wish to do so says more about you not fulfilling that commandment than it does by your perception of others.
What say you of one who goes to church or keeps the Sabbath Saturday AND Sunday? Will you condemn him also?

in Christ
gerald

Jesus Christ (John 1:1-3, 10-14) is the one who rested on the Sabbath day and commanded that you do the same. If you really understood the scriptures you would realize that He was the one who became known as Jesus who gave you the Ten Commandments. So not only did He command you to cease from your work on that day He also commanded you to. (Lev.23:3) “Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of rest, an holy convocation;” He said on the Sabbath day that you should also have an holy convocation, which means holy gathering or simply put, go to church. Jesus made it clear that the seventh day was made for mankind. (Mark 2:27-28) (v.27) And he said unto them, The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath: Do we understand that, the Sabbath was made for us, not us for the Sabbath. (v.28) Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath. The Son of man (Jesus) is the Lord God of the seventh day Sabbath (Saturday). Its written in (Ex.31:16-17) (v.16) Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. (v.17) It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

You see that the Sabbath day is a sign between God and His people forever. Israel is His people then, now and whoever chooses to obey Him now are His people. God intended for the weekly Sabbath (this word means rest in Hebrew) to be a refreshing blessing for mankind. God knew that human beings would need periodic rest and change from work, also the sabbath day stands for a rest for those who come up in the first resurrection with Jesus. So the purpose for keeping God's Sabbath goes far beyond simply resting on the weekly day.

We need that time each week to have close spiritual contact with God through prayer, bible study and fellowship with other believers. The Sabbath day is a blessing not a curse as ministers of Satan would have you to believe. Yes Satan has his own ministers and they bring you his doctrine. Paul says in (2Cor.11:13-15) For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. (v.14) And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. (v.15) Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Jesus Christ (John 1:1-3, 10-14) is the one who rested on the Sabbath day and commanded that you do the same. If you really understood the scriptures you would realize that He was the one who became known as Jesus who gave you the Ten Commandments. So not only did He command you to cease from your work on that day He also commanded you to. (Lev.23:3) “Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of rest, an holy convocation;” He said on the Sabbath day that you should also have an holy convocation, which means holy gathering or simply put, go to church. Jesus made it clear that the seventh day was made for mankind. (Mark 2:27-28) (v.27) And he said unto them, The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath: Do we understand that, the Sabbath was made for us, not us for the Sabbath. (v.28) Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath. The Son of man (Jesus) is the Lord God of the seventh day Sabbath (Saturday). Its written in (Ex.31:16-17) (v.16) Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. (v.17) It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

You see that the Sabbath day is a sign between God and His people forever. Israel is His people then, now and whoever chooses to obey Him now are His people. God intended for the weekly Sabbath (this word means rest in Hebrew) to be a refreshing blessing for mankind. God knew that human beings would need periodic rest and change from work, also the sabbath day stands for a rest for those who come up in the first resurrection with Jesus. So the purpose for keeping God's Sabbath goes far beyond simply resting on the weekly day.

We need that time each week to have close spiritual contact with God through prayer, bible study and fellowship with other believers. The Sabbath day is a blessing not a curse as ministers of Satan would have you to believe. Yes Satan has his own ministers and they bring you his doctrine. Paul says in (2Cor.11:13-15) For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. (v.14) And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. (v.15) Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Well your argument is not with me .But with God and the scriptures.

I wonder what you would say to a man who worships God or counts both Saturday and Sunday as holy unto the Lord?
and what do you say to the man who counts all days as Holy unto the Lord?
Indeed what will you say to the man who has "ceased from His labours as God did from His " and now rests in Christ ?

I have said my peace and I leave you in peace .If you will accept it .

in Christ
gerald

I wonder what you would say to a man who worships God or counts both Saturday and Sunday as holy unto the Lord?
Indeed what will you say to the man who has "ceased from His labours as God did from His " and now rests in Christ ?

I have said my piece and I leave you in peace .If you will accept it .

in Christ
gerald

I have said my peace and I leave you in peace .If you will accept it .

in Christ
gerald

Ample evidence from history shows that the celebration of Sunday originated from pagan practices of SUN WORSHIP. In March of 321 A.D., the Roman Emperor Constantine, who was at first a sun-worshiper and later a Christian convert, issued the first decree declaring Sunday to be a legal day of rest. In 336 A.D., the Roman Catholic Church officially changed the observance of Sabbath to Sunday for political and economic expediency. Since then, the original Sabbath gradually gave way to Sunday observance and the practice remains to this day.

The Catholic authorities proclaim: "The Bible says, 'Remember that thou keep holy the Sabbath day.' The Catholic Church says, No! By my divine power I abolish the Sabbath day, and command you to keep the first day of the week. And lo, the entire civilized world bows down in reverent obedience to the command of the so-call holy Catholic Church!" Father Enright, C.S.S.R. of the Redemptoral College, Kansas City, Mo., as taken from History of the Sabbath. pg. 802

The Biblical Sabbath, however, is and has always been on the seventh day of the week, or Saturday. Despite the prevalence of Sunday worship in Christendom, we must look to the Bible as our authority and keep the seventh day Sabbath ordained by God.

Go into your history books and prove me wrong, I challenge you to do so. Sisters and brothers I pray that you read your bibles for yourselves and pray for understanding.

And don’t let some unlearned false preacher deceive you. The Sabbath of the Lord has, and will always be the seventh day of the week (sunset Friday to sunset Saturday) and has not been changed. I know that some will say, well we don’t know if the seventh day in Jesus time is the same seventh day now. Well the bible says: In (Mat 28:1) In the end of the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre. Now this proves that in Jesus day when the Sabbath (Saturday) ended the first day of the week (Sunday) began. Guess what? In our day when the seventh day ends the first day of the week begins, no change!

Some ministers, who don't have one Bible text to show will say, "Don't worry about God's commandments, just worship God every day, or pick one day in seven." Some highly educated ministers have even said, "Don't worry about following the Bible, it's out of date. You just live a good life, and everything will be all right." Many ministers when asked why they meet on Sunday instead of the seventh day, will honestly say, "I know that Saturday is the seventh day Sabbath and the Bible hasn't changed it but if I were to tell the people that, I'd lose my job!"

Ample evidence from history shows that the celebration of Sunday originated from pagan practices of SUN WORSHIP. In March of 321 A.D., the Roman Emperor Constantine, who was at first a sun-worshiper and later a Christian convert, issued the first decree declaring Sunday to be a legal day of rest. In 336 A.D., the Roman Catholic Church officially changed the observance of Sabbath to Sunday for political and economic expediency. Since then, the original Sabbath gradually gave way to Sunday observance and the practice remains to this day.

The Catholic authorities proclaim: "The Bible says, 'Remember that thou keep holy the Sabbath day.' The Catholic Church says, No! By my divine power I abolish the Sabbath day, and command you to keep the first day of the week. And lo, the entire civilized world bows down in reverent obedience to the command of the so-call holy Catholic Church!" Father Enright, C.S.S.R. of the Redemptoral College, Kansas City, Mo., as taken from History of the Sabbath. pg. 802

The Biblical Sabbath, however, is and has always been on the seventh day of the week, or Saturday. Despite the prevalence of Sunday worship in Christendom, we must look to the Bible as our authority and keep the seventh day Sabbath ordained by God.

Go into your history books and prove me wrong, I challenge you to do so. Sisters and brothers I pray that you read your bibles for yourselves and pray for understanding.

And don’t let some unlearned false preacher deceive you. The Sabbath of the Lord has, and will always be the seventh day of the week (sunset Friday to sunset Saturday) and has not been changed. I know that some will say, well we don’t know if the seventh day in Jesus time is the same seventh day now. Well the bible says: In (Mat 28:1) In the end of the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre. Now this proves that in Jesus day when the Sabbath (Saturday) ended the first day of the week (Sunday) began. Guess what? In our day when the seventh day ends the first day of the week begins, no change!

Some ministers, who don't have one Bible text to show will say, "Don't worry about God's commandments, just worship God every day, or pick one day in seven." Some highly educated ministers have even said, "Don't worry about following the Bible, it's out of date. You just live a good life, and everything will be all right." Many ministers when asked why they meet on Sunday instead of the seventh day, will honestly say, "I know that Saturday is the seventh day Sabbath and the Bible hasn't changed it but if I were to tell the people that, I'd lose my job!"

And then there are people who believe Ellen G. White more than they do the Word of God whose agenda is to distort the Word to fit that agenda.

The devil has always imitated the works of God .Why not the rest of God as well.?
I have read a book called 'The Two Babylons" where it academically proves beyond all reasonable how much if not all of the man made traditions of Rome have their root in the 'mystery religion of Babylon" That too had their 'trinity' Which the JW's and others have jumped to the conclusion that therefore the doctrine of the Trinity of God is false . But people who jump to conclusions never arrive at the truth .
Therefor it is not enough to point out the errors of others and think by that we are justified in our own .
For while you quote scriptures that pertain to your argument . You do not mention those that seem to contradict it (and have been mentioned already by me and others) those scriptures you quoted.
The ones about one man holding one day Holy unto the Lord and another all days Holy unto the Lord .
I know a man who worships God or goes to church both Saturday and Sunday . What do you say of him? Will you condemn him still?
I would not contend more with this at all save that you insist upon every man conforming to you and others of like mind.

I put it to you that you cannot JUST quote those scriptures that uphold your argument but do not in any way resolve or try to ;those scriptures that on the face of it contradict them.
If what you say is true (I do not believe it is so ) then you should be able to resolve the contradictions inherent in what Paul is saying, that there should be NO contention between one believer who holds one day and another believer who holds all days as Holy unto God.
If you cant or wont or are unable to .Then you should keep your peace on the matter until you can or do .
Otherwise you are or could be disturbing the peace of others .

in Christ
gerald

You cannot or should not justify your own errors by the errors of others .

In Christ
gerald

The devil has always imitated the works of God .Why not the rest of God as well.?
I have read a book called 'The Two Babylons" where it academically proves beyond all reasonable how much if not all of the man made traditions of Rome have their root in the 'mystery religion of Babylon" That too had their 'trinity' Which the JW's and others have jumped to the conclusion that therefore the doctrine of the Trinity of God is false . But people who jump to conclusions never arrive at the truth .
Therefor it is not enough to point out the errors of others and think by that we are justified in our own .
For while you quote scriptures that pertain to your argument . You do not mention those that seem to contradict it (and have been mentioned already by me and others) those scriptures you quoted.
The ones about one man holding one day Holy unto the Lord and another all days Holy unto the Lord .
I know a man who worships God or goes to church both Saturday and Sunday . What do you say of him? Will you condemn him still?
I would not contend more with this at all save that you insist upon every man conforming to you and others of like mind.

I put it to you that you cannot JUST quote those scriptures that uphold your argument but do not in any way resolve or try to ;those scriptures that on the face of it contradict them.
If what you say is true (I do not believe it is so ) then you should be able to resolve the contradictions inherent in what Paul is saying, that there should be NO contention between one believer who holds one day and another believer who holds all days as Holy unto God.
If you cant or wont or are unable to .Then you should keep your peace on the matter until you can or do .
Otherwise you are or could be disturbing the peace of others .

in Christ
gerald

Now if Jesus is our master then we should follow His steps. (1 Peter 2:21) For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: And remember that Jesus is the captain of our salvation. So let’s see our captain lead by example. (Luke 4:14-16) (v.14) And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. (v.15) And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. (v.16) And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue (the church) on the Sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Jesus regularly attended religious services on the Sabbath day "as His custom was". He obeyed His own command to meet (holy convocation) every Sabbath day, which is saturday, the seventh day.

You cannot or should not justify your own errors by the errors of others .

In Christ
gerald

Remember that it was Christ: (1 Peter 2:22) Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Jesus did no sin. But what is sin? (1John:3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. So every time you break (transgress) one of God’s commandments you have committed sin. And one of those commandments is to: In (Ex.20:8) Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. That’s why Jesus went to church on the seventh day; it is a sin to say that Sunday is the Christian Sabbath, because it is not Christ like! Just like it’s a sin to steal, kill, and commit adultery and so-forth. This is the day He would naturally have observed, because He originally made the Sabbath by resting and ordained that it be kept holy from that time forward.

And then there are people who believe Ellen G. White more than they do the Word of God whose agenda is to distort the Word to fit that agenda.

. Jesus said in (Mat.15:6-9) Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.” (v.7) Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, (v.8) This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. (v.9) But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. Jesus said that you are worshipping Him in vain (for nothing) because you teach for doctrine the commandments of man. Sisters and brothers going to church on Sunday is a commandment of man (Emperor Constantine) not God. Jesus said: (John 14:15) If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Jesus said in john 5:42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? 5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Yeah ...so what did Moses write...(Ex.20:8) Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Moses says in Deuteronomy
30:10If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul. 30:11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. 30:12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? 30:13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? 30:14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

Paul quotes Moses and says the same thing in Romans 10: 5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them. 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:) 10:7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Now Paul is saying a whole lot here to people. How can a person be disobedient in God's eyes. How can a person be unholy or a sinner, because sin is transgression of the law. Lets read it in (1John 3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts.

Paul said in (Titus 1:16) They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him; being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. Yea, most people are talking about how they know God with their lips, but by they works they are doing something totally different. The Lord God commanded people to remember the Sabbath day (which is the seventh day of the week) to keep it holy and most people deny him to his face by saying “I go to church on Sunday

Jesus said in john 5:42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? 5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Yeah ...so what did Moses write...(Ex.20:8) Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Moses says in Deuteronomy
30:10If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul. 30:11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. 30:12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? 30:13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? 30:14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

Paul quotes Moses and says the same thing in Romans 10: 5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them. 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:) 10:7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Now Paul is saying a whole lot here to people. How can a person be disobedient in God's eyes. How can a person be unholy or a sinner, because sin is transgression of the law. Lets read it in (1John 3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts.

Paul said in (Titus 1:16) They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him; being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. Yea, most people are talking about how they know God with their lips, but by they works they are doing something totally different. The Lord God commanded people to remember the Sabbath day (which is the seventh day of the week) to keep it holy and most people deny him to his face by saying “I go to church on Sunday

Scripture never mentions any Sabbath (Saturday) gatherings by believers for fellowship or worship. However, there are clear passages that mention the first day of the week, Sunday. For instance, Acts 20:7 states that “on the first day of the week we came together to break bread.” Paul also urges the Corinthian believers “on the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income” (1 Corinthians 16:2). Since Paul designates this offering as “service” in 2 Corinthians 9:12, this collection may have been linked with the Sunday worship service of the Christian assembly. Historically Sunday, not Saturday, was the normal meeting day for Christians in the church, and its practice dates back to the first century.

Christians worship on Sundays in celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is very important to remember, though, Sunday worship is not commanded in the Bible, and Sunday has not replaced Saturday and become the Christian Sabbath. While the New Testament describes Christians gathering and worshipping on Sundays, it nowhere states that Sunday has replaced Saturday as the Sabbath. The key point in all of this is that we are not to limit our worship to any particular day of the week. We are to rest in the Lord every day. We are to worship the Lord every day.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/worship-on-Sunday.html#ixzz3K5Owty73

Now if Jesus is our master then we should follow His steps. (1 Peter 2:21) For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: And remember that Jesus is the captain of our salvation. So let’s see our captain lead by example. (Luke 4:14-16) (v.14) And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. (v.15) And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. (v.16) And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue (the church) on the Sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Jesus regularly attended religious services on the Sabbath day "as His custom was". He obeyed His own command to meet (holy convocation) every Sabbath day, which is saturday, the seventh day.

Then I also suggest you "follow Him" in all other aspects relating to the Sabbath and consider his words and actions on the subject as too all those who opposed him on it as well .
As for what is sin? Then I should not only consider the ONE verse you have quoted but also the others that say what sin is .
One of which is "that which is not of faith is sin" Romans 14:23 and then consider what".... faith is....." Hebrews also.
Then I suggest if you count one day as holy unto the Lord by faith that is acceptable.
but if you hold it as one day in law you are under the law and still in condemnation and no matter how careful you are to keep the law on that account you should also understand that if you seek to keep the law you then must keep all of it .But whatsayeth the scripture? No man is justified by the law " For we are justified by faith" or the just shall live by faith.
But if another man count all days or two days as Holy unto the Lord by faith why do you not accept him as a brother of the household of faith?
But rather by the law reject him as not of your 'faith' As he does not keep the law?

You sill have not address that aspect at all and until you do in any reasonable measure or in a reasonable biblical argument how you harmonise those scriptures and yours .Then I see no profit to me you or any one in continuing the conversation.

in Christ
gerald

Scripture never mentions any Sabbath (Saturday) gatherings by believers for fellowship or worship. However, there are clear passages that mention the first day of the week, Sunday. For instance, Acts 20:7 states that “on the first day of the week we came together to break bread.” Paul also urges the Corinthian believers “on the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income” (1 Corinthians 16:2). Since Paul designates this offering as “service” in 2 Corinthians 9:12, this collection may have been linked with the Sunday worship service of the Christian assembly. Historically Sunday, not Saturday, was the normal meeting day for Christians in the church, and its practice dates back to the first century.

Christians worship on Sundays in celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is very important to remember, though, Sunday worship is not commanded in the Bible, and Sunday has not replaced Saturday and become the Christian Sabbath. While the New Testament describes Christians gathering and worshipping on Sundays, it nowhere states that Sunday has replaced Saturday as the Sabbath. The key point in all of this is that we are not to limit our worship to any particular day of the week. We are to rest in the Lord every day. We are to worship the Lord every day.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/worship-on-Sunday.html#ixzz3K5Owty73

Lets take a closer look at (Acts: 20: 7) And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight. Now let’s take a close look at this verse and dissect it a little. Notice Paul continued his speech until midnight! It was after sunset, but prior to midnight. The first day of the week in biblical times did not begin at midnight, as men begin it today. The Lord’s days begin and end at evening (sunset). In (Gen. 1:5) And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first. All biblical days began and ended at sunset. Throughout the Roman world at that time, and for a few hundred years afterward, days began and ended at sunset. The practice of beginning the new day at midnight was started much later. So this meeting, and Paul’s preaching, took place during the time that we now call Saturday night. Remember when dealing with the Lord’s days the evening comes first. If you read more than just that one verse you would see what actually happen. Paul’s companions were engaged in the labor of rowing and sailing a boat while Paul was preaching that Saturday night and early Sunday. They had set sail Saturday night, after the sabbath had ended. Paul remained behind for one more farewell sermon. Then at day break Sunday morning, Paul set afoot, walking from Tro’-as to As’-sos to meet the ship. This verse (Acts: 20:7) says nothing about a change of the Lord’s holy sabbath day. And the term “break bread” simply means to eat, so every time Paul ate he broke bread, search it out for your self, the bible tells you to; (1Thess. 5:21) Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

The keeping of Sunday as the Christian Sabbath is not of God but of Man. If you are a true Christian, which means a follower of Christ or to be Christ like; then why are you following a day set up by man?

Then I also suggest you "follow Him" in all other aspects relating to the Sabbath and consider his words and actions on the subject as too all those who opposed him on it as well .
As for what is sin? Then I should not only consider the ONE verse you have quoted but also the others that say what sin is .
One of which is "that which is not of faith is sin" Romans 14:23 and then consider what".... faith is....." Hebrews also.
Then I suggest if you count one day as holy unto the Lord by faith that is acceptable.
but if you hold it as one day in law you are under the law and still in condemnation and no matter how careful you are to keep the law on that account you should also understand that if you seek to keep the law you then must keep all of it .But whatsayeth the scripture? No man is justified by the law " For we are justified by faith" or the just shall live by faith.
But if another man count all days or two days as Holy unto the Lord by faith why do you not accept him as a brother of the household of faith?
But rather by the law reject him as not of your 'faith' As he does not keep the law?

You sill have not address that aspect at all and until you do in any reasonable measure or in a reasonable biblical argument how you harmonise those scriptures and yours .Then I see no profit to me you or any one in continuing the conversation.

in Christ
gerald

I don’t know your nationality, but what you have to understand is that every word that was written in the Bible was written by an Israelite. For what purpose did the Lord choose the children of Israel? (Exodus 19: 1-6) Let's look at the 5th & 6th vs.; "Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: (6th vs.) and ye shall be unto me a Kingdom of Priest, and a holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel."

The lord have not changed his ways. For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed (Malachi 3:6)

If you are a Gentile or from any other nation, and you are being taught by another Gentile or nation, who have not been taught by a Hebrew Israelite, (who keeps the commandments, statues and judgments), then there’s going to be a lot of miss understanding and miss leading. The question is How can one who is not of the lineage of Israel, become partakers of the covenant of God?

Lets take a look into (Ephesians 2:11-22) let’s look at the 11th through 13th verses. "Wherefore remember, that ye being in the time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called uncircumcision by that which is called the circumcision in the flesh made by hands; (12th vs.) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenant of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: (13th vs.) But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ." Now, Paul said in Romans 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: 8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, 9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; 10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: 11 For there is no respect of persons with God. 12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; 13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

The Bible says "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because, that in it, He had rested from all his work which God created and made." (Gen 2:1-3). The bible reveals that God blessed and set apart (sanctified) the seventh day. This day is holy unto God, and it is the only day of the week that we are commanded to honor. "Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of rest, an holy convocation: ye shall do no work therein: it is the Sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings." (Lev 23:3). A holy convocation is an assembly of the people of God, who come together to worship him.

Paul said in Ephesians 2: 18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 - And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

I don’t know your nationality, but what you have to understand is that every word that was written in the Bible was written by an Israelite. For what purpose did the Lord choose the children of Israel? (Exodus 19: 1-6) Let's look at the 5th & 6th vs.; "Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: (6th vs.) and ye shall be unto me a Kingdom of Priest, and a holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel."

The lord have not changed his ways. For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed (Malachi 3:6)

If you are a Gentile or from any other nation, and you are being taught by another Gentile or nation, who have not been taught by a Hebrew Israelite, (who keeps the commandments, statues and judgments), then there’s going to be a lot of miss understanding and miss leading. The question is How can one who is not of the lineage of Israel, become partakers of the covenant of God?

Lets take a look into (Ephesians 2:11-22) let’s look at the 11th through 13th verses. "Wherefore remember, that ye being in the time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called uncircumcision by that which is called the circumcision in the flesh made by hands; (12th vs.) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenant of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: (13th vs.) But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ." Now, Paul said in Romans 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: 8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, 9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; 10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: 11 For there is no respect of persons with God. 12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; 13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

The Bible says "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because, that in it, He had rested from all his work which God created and made." (Gen 2:1-3). The bible reveals that God blessed and set apart (sanctified) the seventh day. This day is holy unto God, and it is the only day of the week that we are commanded to honor. "Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of rest, an holy convocation: ye shall do no work therein: it is the Sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings." (Lev 23:3). A holy convocation is an assembly of the people of God, who come together to worship him.

Paul said in Ephesians 2: 18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 - And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

As you neither address the scriptures that I and others have raised but insist that the ONLY relevant scriptures on the subject are the ones you quote. Then there is no profit in any continuance of our discussion such as it was . For you willingly refuse to look at those scriptures that contradict you and others that show there is more to this than meets the eye . You have neither thought to address or answer my objections or questions either.
So to anybody else and to all who are interested in the truth . It would be far better to go and get a KJV and complete concordance and then find EVERY word as to 'Sabbath' and then prayerfully seek to resolve them all IN Christ .
Keeping in mind that one of the great oppositions to Christ were those who had such a legal perception of the Sabbath .

In Christ
gerald

As you neither address the scriptures that I and others have raised but insist that the ONLY relevant scriptures on the subject are the ones you quote. Then there is no profit in any continuance of our discussion such as it was . For you willingly refuse to look at those scriptures that contradict you and others that show there is more to this than meets the eye . You have neither thought to address or answer my objections or questions either.
So to anybody else and to all who are interested in the truth . It would be far better to go and get a KJV and complete concordance and then find EVERY word as to 'Sabbath' and then prayerfully seek to resolve them all IN Christ .
Keeping in mind that one of the great oppositions to Christ were those who had such a legal perception of the Sabbath .

In Christ
gerald

You now understand the agenda of Bro. Tan.

He is what is called a "Judiazer". He is exactly what Paul wrote about in Galatians and warned them about. People who do not believe that Jesus alone is enough for our salvation. Tan is of the belief that we must keep the Law and rituals and days of the Jews along with the sacrifice of the Lord Jesus.

He always ignores any Scripture which is posted to show his error and will ignore everything which denounces his personal agenda.

Lets take a closer look at (Acts: 20: 7) And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight. Now let’s take a close look at this verse and dissect it a little. Notice Paul continued his speech until midnight! It was after sunset, but prior to midnight. The first day of the week in biblical times did not begin at midnight, as men begin it today. The Lord’s days begin and end at evening (sunset). In (Gen. 1:5) And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first. All biblical days began and ended at sunset. Throughout the Roman world at that time, and for a few hundred years afterward, days began and ended at sunset. The practice of beginning the new day at midnight was started much later. So this meeting, and Paul’s preaching, took place during the time that we now call Saturday night. Remember when dealing with the Lord’s days the evening comes first. If you read more than just that one verse you would see what actually happen. Paul’s companions were engaged in the labor of rowing and sailing a boat while Paul was preaching that Saturday night and early Sunday. They had set sail Saturday night, after the sabbath had ended. Paul remained behind for one more farewell sermon. Then at day break Sunday morning, Paul set afoot, walking from Tro’-as to As’-sos to meet the ship. This verse (Acts: 20:7) says nothing about a change of the Lord’s holy sabbath day. And the term “break bread” simply means to eat, so every time Paul ate he broke bread, search it out for your self, the bible tells you to; (1Thess. 5:21) Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

The keeping of Sunday as the Christian Sabbath is not of God but of Man. If you are a true Christian, which means a follower of Christ or to be Christ like; then why are you following a day set up by man?

Everyone on this site knows that I am not a Catholic believer. However, I have the upmost respect for all people and I detest those that twist the truth and go out of their way to distort the truth so as to make others look bad. That Bro. Tan is what you are doing. As a SDA and a believers in Christ Jesus I emplore you to be more forth coming in your attempts to hold up the doctrines of Mrs. Ellen G. White. Allow me to give you some truth.

According to her own words, Ellen G. White's Vision of Those That Keep the Pope's Sabbath (Sunday) Will Receive the Mark of the Beast!!!

When EGW uses the term 'I saw' she is wanting everyone to know she was a privileged person and God was having direct communication with her through visions. That alone is suspect and I for one do not accept such a thought or explination anymore than I do those who say.....
"God spoke to ME and said". That idea brings with it the thought that the person is better or more spiritual than everyone else. That is un-Biblical. "GOD IS NOT A RESPECTER OF PERSONS".

Ellen G. White said:
"I saw all that "would not receive the mark of the Beast, and of his Image, in their foreheads or in their hands," could not buy or sell.[ O REV. 13: 15--17.] I saw that the number (666) of the Image Beast was made up;[ P REV. 13: 18.] and that it was the Beast that changed the Sabbath, and the Image Beast had followed on after, and kept the Pope's, and not God's Sabbath. And all we were required to do, was to give up God's Sabbath, and keep the Pope's, and then we should have the mark of the Beast, and of his image."( A Word to the Little Flock, page 19, paragraph 1, April 7, 1847.)

As a SDA you should be aware of the above vision and In the above vision, EGW sees the 'number of the Image Beast already made up.' If the number 'of the image beast was made up' which EGW tells us is Protestants that follow the Pope's Sunday, was made up (completed) in 1847, how then can this be applied again to those living at the end of the world that receives the MARK OF THE BEAST? THINK BRO> TAN>>>>THINK!!!
EGW used the term 'we' instead of they to denote the present time of her vision.

Now, there are several things which you have said that need to be responded to:

1). There never was a Pope that changed the Sabbath to Sunday.

2). Worshipping as a church on Sunday was never a "papal day." Early Christians in the first century were worshipping on Sunday long before the beginning of the Catholic Church and the Popes took upon themselves the doctrine of infallibility. These early Christians called Sunday "the Lord's Day." That was because of Paul's teaching to them in the Scriptures.

3). Christians that meet for worship on Sunday are not worshipping the Beast of Revelation, nor are they worshipping the sun god, but our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Everyone on this site knows that I am not a Catholic believer. However, I have the upmost respect for all people and I detest those that twist the truth and go out of their way to distort the truth so as to make others look bad. That Bro. Tan is what you are doing. As a SDA and a believers in Christ Jesus I emplore you to be more forth coming in your attempts to hold up the doctrines of Mrs. Ellen G. White. Allow me to give you some truth.

According to her own words, Ellen G. White's Vision of Those That Keep the Pope's Sabbath (Sunday) Will Receive the Mark of the Beast!!!

When EGW uses the term 'I saw' she is wanting everyone to know she was a privileged person and God was having direct communication with her through visions. That alone is suspect and I for one do not accept such a thought or explination anymore than I do those who say.....
"God spoke to ME and said". That idea brings with it the thought that the person is better or more spiritual than everyone else. That is un-Biblical. "GOD IS NOT A RESPECTER OF PERSONS".

Ellen G. White said:
"I saw all that "would not receive the mark of the Beast, and of his Image, in their foreheads or in their hands," could not buy or sell.[ O REV. 13: 15--17.] I saw that the number (666) of the Image Beast was made up;[ P REV. 13: 18.] and that it was the Beast that changed the Sabbath, and the Image Beast had followed on after, and kept the Pope's, and not God's Sabbath. And all we were required to do, was to give up God's Sabbath, and keep the Pope's, and then we should have the mark of the Beast, and of his image."( A Word to the Little Flock, page 19, paragraph 1, April 7, 1847.)

As a SDA you should be aware of the above vision and In the above vision, EGW sees the 'number of the Image Beast already made up.' If the number 'of the image beast was made up' which EGW tells us is Protestants that follow the Pope's Sunday, was made up (completed) in 1847, how then can this be applied again to those living at the end of the world that receives the MARK OF THE BEAST? THINK BRO> TAN>>>>THINK!!!
EGW used the term 'we' instead of they to denote the present time of her vision.

Now, there are several things which you have said that need to be responded to:

1). There never was a Pope that changed the Sabbath to Sunday.

2). Worshipping as a church on Sunday was never a "papal day." Early Christians in the first century were worshipping on Sunday long before the beginning of the Catholic Church and the Popes took upon themselves the doctrine of infallibility. These early Christians called Sunday "the Lord's Day." That was because of Paul's teaching to them in the Scriptures.

3). Christians that meet for worship on Sunday are not worshipping the Beast of Revelation, nor are they worshipping the sun god, but our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Its good that you understand the position of the catholic Church, looks like we agree on that part. I mention before that I'm not a SDA, but concerning the Sun God and worshipping on Sunday, you showed know Historic proof or Biblical proof.

Lets take a look at some proof....If you research Easter in most encyclopedias, you will see that Easter has many customs and legends that are pagan in origin and have absolutely nothing to do with Christianity.

Easter was named after Eostre (sometimes spelled Eastre), the great Anglo-Saxon goddess of spring, fertility, and new life. Similar Teutonic dawn goddesses of fertility were known variously as Ostare, Ostara, Ostern, Eostra, Eostur, Eastra, Eastur, Austron and Ausos. Her name was derived from the ancient word for spring: "eastre." Thus it is easy to see how "Eastre time" became "Easter time".

Easter Sunday falls on the first Sunday after the first full moon after March 20th, the nominal date of the Vernal (sometimes referred to as spring) Equinox. This is the day (or period of days) in spring when the days and nights are of approximately equal length. This is a time of celebrating new life, the resurrection of nature from the dead, and it has typically featured fertility rites, merrymaking, and usually centers on orgiastic sexual activities. In ancient times there were the sacrificing of virgins, the worship of fertility gods and goddesses.

The Easter sunrise service, that is practiced in many Christian churches, can be traced back to the ancient pagan custom of welcoming the sun god at the vernal equinox - when daytime is about to exceed the length of the nighttime. It was a time to celebrate the return of life and reproduction to animal and plant life as well. Worship of the sun god at sunrise is the religious ritual condemned by the Lord as recorded in Ezekiel 8:15-18.

Now lets go into Ezekiel 8:15-18 Then said he unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations than these. And he brought me into the inner court of the LORD's house, and, behold, at the door of the temple of the LORD, between the porch and the altar, were about five and twenty men, with their backs toward the temple of the LORD, and their faces toward the east; and they worshipped the sun toward the east. Then he said unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? Is it a light thing to the house of Judah that they commit the abominations which they commit here? for they have filled the land with violence, and have returned to provoke me to anger: and, lo, they put the branch to their nose. Therefore will I also deal in fury: mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: and though they cry in mine ears with a loud voice, yet will I not hear them.

So here is proof of what happen then and whats going on mow in our days. "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because, that in it, He had rested from all his work which God created and made." (Gen 2:1-3). The bible reveals that God blessed and set apart (sanctified) the seventh day. This day is holy unto God, and it is the only day of the week that we are commanded to honor. "Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of rest, an holy convocation: ye shall do no work therein: it is the Sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings." (Lev 23:3). A holy convocation is an assembly of the people of God, who come together to worship him

Back