What is Love, According to God?

In the scriptures its written in Proverbs 1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

You have taken that verse totally out of context to do nothing but hit someone over the head because they do not accept your personal theology.

In the Scriptures it is written in Romans 16:17-18............
"I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive."

Bro.tan, I agree, we are saved by works. But the works we have are not our own, they are Christ's. Christ fulfilled the law for us.

Noone in Adam has ever kept the law perfectly, that is why they had to sacrifice sheep and cattle. But our perfect sacrifice has come, and death and sin are no longer a reality to those who have faith in Christ.

You are obviously do not agree with Sola Fide, and you are not an evangelical. You are a Pharisee at best.

Actually Cosmic......he is a "Judaizer".

He does not believe that the blood of God shed by the Lord Jesus is enough to save man and keep him saved. Therefore man must do good works in order to stay saved and one of those works is to keep the Law of God. Of course he has totally missed the Biblical doctrine of grace and then has removed all the Scriptures that teach us we are saved by that same grace plus nothing.

He is exactly the reason why Paul wrote the book of Galatians.

Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV
"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast".

Galatians 2:16 ESV
"Yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified."

Titus 3:5 ESV
"He saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit".

Galatians 1:6-9 ESV
"I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ."

The subtle trick is to say "Well... We are SAVED by Grace alone.... But... AFTER we are saved - It's our job to live HOLY lives"....

Ironically enough - our friend Bro.Tan has quite a bit in common with 99% of Churches and Christians out there..... The thing is that the vast majority of churches simply couch the language differently... There's still a LIST - just they don't specifically fall back on the Mosaic Law...

See... We are all too happy to reject "The Law" as a method to achieve or retain our Salvation because Paul says so.....
BUT...
We are perfectly happy preaching that Grace is good and all - but you can't PRACTICE the list of bad things variously quoted in 2 Cor 12:30, Galatians, 5:20, and others....

The thing is..... It's still the same... We are saying "You can't practice this list of 'Bad Things' if you want to be Holy" .... It doesn't matter whether I call it "Bad behavior" and Bro.Tan calls it "Breaking God's Law".... The only thing that is different is the names.....

I can't tell you how many sermons I have sat through on Repentance and Backsliding.... and how much time I have spent TRYING to achieve repentance and overcome backsliding.... When you boil it all down, you run into this:

Self-willed Morality, Selflessness, and Good Deeds are accounted to "Godliness"
where
Self-willed Narcissism, Greed, and Hedonism are accounted for "Unrighteousness"....

And, thus Self-willing yourself to overcome your own Narcissism or Hedonism, and choose instead to Self-will Morality or Selflessness or Practicing God's Law is considered "Repentance" and "Overcoming".....

and, Self-willing yourself to practice Hedonism or Greed instead of choosing Self-willed Morality or Good deeds or Practicing God's Law is accounted "Backsliding" and "Falling into Sin".....

But... from God's perspective - NOTHING has happened what-so-ever....
NOTHING!
ALL you have done is to move from Self-Will to Self-Will.....
And Self-Will to Self-Will is NOT achievement - no matter how you couch the vocabulary....

And.. So even though you may practice "Good things" through self-will - God STILL counts it worthless.... Why? Because YOU are relying on your Self rather than working through God....

And that's dirty rags... Worthlessness... Vanity... Emptiness... Wood, hay, and stubble... We have no capacity to achieve Holiness, Righteousness, or Repentance within our own self-will.

'Obedience' is a step in faith after salvation: when we pursue God's Holy nature through the Holy Spirit using Christ as an example- the 'law' is dissolved when we are (truly) 'walking in the Spirit'. When we drop our nature for God's, we can grow in the Spirit. Yes: when we "choose" to be disobedient out of will or ignorance-we are 'out' of the Spirit and in need correction. But for those who are truly "saved" they do not loose their salvation; and God will Chasten those whom He loves in a multitude of ways.

If you are claiming to be a Child of the Most High and never experience His chastening; the need may be to reevaluate your salvation testimony.

Bro. Tan, the words are there and the meaning cannot be mistaken. The word “all” might just as well be spelled John Smith or Mary Jones or Bro. Tan! The shocking fact is that you are under the sentence of death! You have been found guilty before the law, and there is no court of appeal in the world that can reverse the sentence and find you not guilty. The fact is that you are guilty, just as guilty as sin.

According to 1 John 3:4.......
“sin is the transgression of the law,” and you must plead guilty to breaking the law.

Whose law did you break? Paul answers quickly,

Romans 7:7......
“I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet”.

There it is! The great Ten-Commandment law is the one that was broken, and it demands death for the transgressor.

In desperation the sinner searches for a way to be justified in the sight of that broken law. How can the sentence of death be turned aside? Can man atone for his sins by obeying the commandments of God for the rest of his life? Back comes the answer in language that no one can misinterpret:

Romans 3:20.......
“Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight”.

How much clearer does God have it say it Bro. Tan for you to grasp His plan?????

Listen; there is a reason why works will not justify a soul. If a man is found guilty of stealing and is sentenced to ten years in jail, he may indeed justify himself by works. By serving the time of his sentence, the man may satisfy the claims of the law. He is considered perfectly justified and innocent because he has worked out his deliverance by fulfilling the sentence. In the same manner, a murderer may be justified by works if he serves the fifty years of his sentence. But suppose the sentence is death instead of fifty years? Can the prisoner then justify himself by works? Never! Even if he should work for one hundred years at hard labor, the law would still demand death.

Hebrews 9:22-28 says.....
The truth is that “without shedding of blood is no remission. … So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many”.

This is why works can never save the sinner. The penalty for sin is not ten years in prison or fifty years at hard labor. The sentence is death, and the law cannot be satisfied except by the shedding of blood. That unchangeable law with its unrelenting death sentence could no more be removed than the throne of God could be toppled. The guilt of the past cannot be erased by resolutions of good behavior in the future. The sinner finally is forced to confess that he owes something that he cannot pay. The law demands death and he cannot satisfy it without forfeiting his own life for eternity.

We cannot earn forgiveness by working hard to obey. No sinner can gain favor and acceptance with God because he keeps the law. The law was not made for the purpose of saving or justifying. It was made to show us our need of cleansing and to point us to the great source of cleansing, Jesus Christ, our Lord.

Sisters and brothers God gives us all these earthy examples regarding faith. People have so much faith in their job that they work seven, sometimes fourteen days, and why? Because they have faith (believe) that they employer is going to pay them according to their works. Some of us have so much faith in our employer that we take out thirty-year mortgages on homes, five- year car loans. When you go to apply for these loans and the loan officer asks you for proof of income and employment, you don’t say “man I don’t have a job, just have faith in me, I’ll pay you”. The loan officer is going to run a credit report because he wants to see your past works and your history that’s how he judges, if he can have enough faith in you to give you a loan. God works the same way, he is going to lay your works on the table on judgment day and judge you accordingly.

Paul said in (2Tim. 4:1) I CHARGE thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom. And by what means will he use to judge you? You will be judged according to your works, pertaining to the commandments.

Jesus said in (Matt. 19:16-17) (v.16) And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? That’s what we are all trying to obtain correct, eternal life? (v.17) And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. Now if you want to enter into eternal life you most keep the commandments. Sounds like a little work to me.

Paul said in (Heb. 6:10-11) (v.10) For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. (v.11) And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to full assurance of hope unto the end: God is not going to forget your works, nor your labor of love toward his name. But you need to show these same works diligence to have full assurance of hope unto the end. Hope of what? Hope of eternal life. To the end of what? To the end of your life or to the coming of the Lord. You must work until the end! Jesus said in (Rev. 2:26) And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Again you must work unto the end. (1Peter 1:15-17) (v.15) But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all Manner of conversation; (v.16) Because it is written, BE YE HOLY; FOR I AM HOLY. (V.17) And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man’s work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear: It says you had better be holy, because God is holy. And it also says that ye call on the Father, but you had better remember that he is going to without respect of person judge every man according to his work. So you better pass your time here on earth in fear.

Bro.tan, I agree, we are saved by works. But the works we have are not our own, they are Christ's. Christ fulfilled the law for us.

Noone in Adam has ever kept the law perfectly, that is why they had to sacrifice sheep and cattle. But our perfect sacrifice has come, and death and sin are no longer a reality to those who have faith in Christ.

You are obviously do not agree with Sola Fide, and you are not an evangelical. You are a Pharisee at best.

Jesus said in (John 17:3-4) (v.3) And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. (v.4) I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. Yes Jesus did much work. He is the captain of our salvation and the captain is leading by his example, by his works.

Paul said in (Phil. 2:12) Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Now if you need not work, then why is Paul telling you to “WORK” out your own salvation, and pay close attention because he also says with “fear and trembling”

'Obedience' is a step in faith after salvation: when we pursue God's Holy nature through the Holy Spirit using Christ as an example- the 'law' is dissolved when we are (truly) 'walking in the Spirit'. When we drop our nature for God's, we can grow in the Spirit. Yes: when we "choose" to be disobedient out of will or ignorance-we are 'out' of the Spirit and in need correction. But for those who are truly "saved" they do not loose their salvation; and God will Chasten those whom He loves in a multitude of ways.

If you are claiming to be a Child of the Most High and never experience His chastening; the need may be to reevaluate your salvation testimony.

Just as you freely accepted Jesus in your life you can also freely choose to stop serving him. Jesus said with his own mouth; (Matt. 24:13) But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. That is until the end of your life, or until the Second Coming of the Lord.

Again you must work unto the end. In (1Peter 1:15-17) (v.15) But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all Manner of conversation; (v.16) Because it is written, BE YE HOLY; FOR I AM HOLY. (V.17) And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man’s work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear: It says you had better be holy, because God is holy. And it also says that ye call on the Father, but you had better remember that he is going to without respect of person judge every man according to his work. So you better pass your time here on earth in fear.

Just as you freely accepted Jesus in your life you can also freely choose to stop serving him. Jesus said with his own mouth; (Matt. 24:13) But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. That is until the end of your life, or until the Second Coming of the Lord.

Again you must work unto the end. In (1Peter 1:15-17) (v.15) But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all Manner of conversation; (v.16) Because it is written, BE YE HOLY; FOR I AM HOLY. (V.17) And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man’s work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear: It says you had better be holy, because God is holy. And it also says that ye call on the Father, but you had better remember that he is going to without respect of person judge every man according to his work. So you better pass your time here on earth in fear.

I agree that we need to live with the "fear" (respect) of God daily; we are not meant to be led into a state of panic and anxiety by our loving LORD. "Fear-mongering" is done by the powers on this Earth-not Heaven. These are two different ideologies. We "endure to the end" by remaining in the faith; by walking in the ways of Christ-learning first through 'obedience'; secondly by hearkening unto the the Holy Spirit, and thirdly fully submitting and releasing the baggage of this Earth.

What you seem to propose is "Instant Holiness-or you are not truly saved". I agree we need to be "Holy" like unto our LORD. But what you are proposing means that we get saved and all our earthly habits, problems, faults, etc...are immediately cured and we should somehow never 'fail' our LORD again. That is not true. If that is the case-Adam, David, Moses, Peter, Paul, etc...won't be in heaven either.

Is that what you are proposing? That we must 'never sin' or we are not truly saved? That if we fall into temptation; we are condemned back to hell? That we can be 're-saved' or not be 're-saved'? If that is the case then heaven is going to be a lonely place. We can play scripture wars all day to no end.

The God I know forgave me for ALL my sin, past present and future. And I will continue to grow as I walk with Him because that is the desire in my heart. Since I know I will never be perfect (Holy) on this Earth- I am relying on the promise of my Savior to do what He said. That's living by faith...

Sisters and brothers God gives us all these earthy examples regarding faith. People have so much faith in their job that they work seven, sometimes fourteen days, and why? Because they have faith (believe) that they employer is going to pay them according to their works. Some of us have so much faith in our employer that we take out thirty-year mortgages on homes, five- year car loans. When you go to apply for these loans and the loan officer asks you for proof of income and employment, you don’t say “man I don’t have a job, just have faith in me, I’ll pay you”. The loan officer is going to run a credit report because he wants to see your past works and your history that’s how he judges, if he can have enough faith in you to give you a loan. God works the same way, he is going to lay your works on the table on judgment day and judge you accordingly.

Paul said in (2Tim. 4:1) I CHARGE thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom. And by what means will he use to judge you? You will be judged according to your works, pertaining to the commandments.

Jesus said in (Matt. 19:16-17) (v.16) And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? That’s what we are all trying to obtain correct, eternal life? (v.17) And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. Now if you want to enter into eternal life you most keep the commandments. Sounds like a little work to me.

Paul said in (Heb. 6:10-11) (v.10) For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. (v.11) And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to full assurance of hope unto the end: God is not going to forget your works, nor your labor of love toward his name. But you need to show these same works diligence to have full assurance of hope unto the end. Hope of what? Hope of eternal life. To the end of what? To the end of your life or to the coming of the Lord. You must work until the end! Jesus said in (Rev. 2:26) And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Again you must work unto the end. (1Peter 1:15-17) (v.15) But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all Manner of conversation; (v.16) Because it is written, BE YE HOLY; FOR I AM HOLY. (V.17) And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man’s work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear: It says you had better be holy, because God is holy. And it also says that ye call on the Father, but you had better remember that he is going to without respect of person judge every man according to his work. So you better pass your time here on earth in fear.

Tan said.......
"So you better pass your time here on earth in fear."

BUT...........
The Bible which he has so much trouble understanding says...........

2 Tim. 1:7
"for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control."

So once again we are faced with a choice. Believe your false opinions or the Word of God.

Again, I choose God's Word.

I teach the uncut word of God, I Bible christians...I am.

I disagree. Your own words convict you of being a false teacher and a Judiazer.

All one has to do is read what you write and see that you twist and change God's Word to match your opinion and agenda.

I am not trying to be mean or confrontational, and I am not trying to demean you but I am simply stating what YOU have already said.

What is troubling for me personally is to see a man with so much spiritual and Bible ability be so confused on this issue of grace when faced with the clear Words of God's instruction.

Ephesians 2:8-9
"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast."

How else could God have said it to make it any clearer that what He already did?????

Last edited:
I agree that we need to live with the "fear" (respect) of God daily; we are not meant to be led into a state of panic and anxiety by our loving LORD. "Fear-mongering" is done by the powers on this Earth-not Heaven. These are two different ideologies. We "endure to the end" by remaining in the faith; by walking in the ways of Christ-learning first through 'obedience'; secondly by hearkening unto the the Holy Spirit, and thirdly fully submitting and releasing the baggage of this Earth.

What you seem to propose is "Instant Holiness-or you are not truly saved". I agree we need to be "Holy" like unto our LORD. But what you are proposing means that we get saved and all our earthly habits, problems, faults, etc...are immediately cured and we should somehow never 'fail' our LORD again. That is not true. If that is the case-Adam, David, Moses, Peter, Paul, etc...won't be in heaven either.

Is that what you are proposing? That we must 'never sin' or we are not truly saved? That if we fall into temptation; we are condemned back to hell? That we can be 're-saved' or not be 're-saved'? If that is the case then heaven is going to be a lonely place. We can play scripture wars all day to no end.

The God I know forgave me for ALL my sin, past present and future. And I will continue to grow as I walk with Him because that is the desire in my heart. Since I know I will never be perfect (Holy) on this Earth- I am relying on the promise of my Savior to do what He said. That's living by faith...

Agreed!

Can you think of a sin that David did not commit???? Yet God said that David was a man after His own heart.

Tan said.......
"So you better pass your time here on earth in fear."

BUT...........
The Bible which he has so much trouble understanding says...........

2 Tim. 1:7
"for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control."

So once again we are faced with a choice. Believe your false opinions or the Word of God.

Again, I choose God's Word.

Jesus says in Luke 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him. In the scriptures its written in Psalms 25:14 The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant. Psalms 33:8 Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.

I disagree. Your own words convict you of being a false teacher and a Judiazer.

All one has to do is read what you write and see that you twist and change God's Word to match your opinion and agenda.

I am not trying to be mean or confrontational, and I am not trying to demean you but I am simply stating what YOU have already said.

What is troubling for me personally is to see a man with so much spiritual and Bible ability be so confused on this issue of grace when faced with the clear Words of God's instruction.

Ephesians 2:8-9
"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast."

How else could God have said it to make it any clearer that what He already did?????

Everything that is made comes with a set of instructions. Whether it is home appliances, toys, automobiles, pet accessories, clothing, food, etc. Man is no different. Man was created by God and given an instruction manual, that if read and followed carefully, he would be able to make the best of his life given him on earth. Man's instruction manual is called the Bible.

Let's look and see what the writings in the Bible are good for. "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17) The Word of God contained in the Bible is the only truth that can get man salvation. This is our instruction manual. Please read it so that you can become a vessel of Honor in the house of the Lord. "The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth. Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.”(Ecclesiastes 12:10, & 13-14)

Everything that is made comes with a set of instructions. Whether it is home appliances, toys, automobiles, pet accessories, clothing, food, etc. Man is no different. Man was created by God and given an instruction manual, that if read and followed carefully, he would be able to make the best of his life given him on earth. Man's instruction manual is called the Bible.

Let's look and see what the writings in the Bible are good for. "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17) The Word of God contained in the Bible is the only truth that can get man salvation. This is our instruction manual. Please read it so that you can become a vessel of Honor in the house of the Lord. "The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth. Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.”(Ecclesiastes 12:10, & 13-14)

You are correct that the Bible is God's instruction book of life for men.

However, 2 Tim. 2:15 tells us..........
"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth."

ALL Scripture is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction, (2 Tim. 3: 16), and what happened to Israel was written for our ENSAMPLE and ADMONITION, (1 Cor. 10: 11), but we must not apply to the Church what does not belong to it. To do so is to misapply Scripture and lead to confusion AND that IMO is what you are doing.

Please do yourself the great honor of being able to "rightly Divide" the Word of God instead of mixing a little of this with a little of that.

Bro. Tan, the Bible was written FOR all classes of people, and FOR our learning, it is not addressed to all people in general.

Part of it is addressed to the JEWS, part to the GENTILES, and part to the CHURCH. These three constitute the "Three Classes" into which humanity is divided according to 1 Cor. 10: 32. It follows therefore that while the whole Bible was written for the instruction of the Church, it is not all written about the Church. The Church is not mentioned in the Old Testament. The Old Testament is mostly taken up with the history of one nation, that of Israel.

When we take the Old Testament promises and apply them to the Church we rob the Jew of that which is exclusively his. When we take the laws that were given to the Jews we then rob God of the glory of His grace which He gives to man freely without the keeping of the Law.

Jesus says in Luke 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him. In the scriptures its written in Psalms 25:14 The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant. Psalms 33:8 Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.

Rightly Divide the Word of God!

One must note Luke 12:1.......
"In the meantime, when so many thousands of the people had gathered together that they were trampling one another, he began to say to his disciples first, “Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy."

Jesus therefore is telling HIs followers that it is God whom needs to be feared, not the Pharisees. That means verse 5 is a comparative statement.
Luke 12:5 has the context that Jesus had more to say about hell than He did heaven. Verses 4-6 tell us that hell is a place that only God has the power to cast anyone into and it happens after death. The teaching is that the grave does not end it all.

You are correct that the Bible is God's instruction book of life for men.

However, 2 Tim. 2:15 tells us..........
"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth."

ALL Scripture is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction, (2 Tim. 3: 16), and what happened to Israel was written for our ENSAMPLE and ADMONITION, (1 Cor. 10: 11), but we must not apply to the Church what does not belong to it. To do so is to misapply Scripture and lead to confusion AND that IMO is what you are doing.

Please do yourself the great honor of being able to "rightly Divide" the Word of God instead of mixing a little of this with a little of that.

Bro. Tan, the Bible was written FOR all classes of people, and FOR our learning, it is not addressed to all people in general.

Part of it is addressed to the JEWS, part to the GENTILES, and part to the CHURCH. These three constitute the "Three Classes" into which humanity is divided according to 1 Cor. 10: 32. It follows therefore that while the whole Bible was written for the instruction of the Church, it is not all written about the Church. The Church is not mentioned in the Old Testament. The Old Testament is mostly taken up with the history of one nation, that of Israel.

When we take the Old Testament promises and apply them to the Church we rob the Jew of that which is exclusively his. When we take the laws that were given to the Jews we then rob God of the glory of His grace which He gives to man freely without the keeping of the Law.

That’s right Paul said in 2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. Any one who have some knowledge would know that I rightly divide the word of truth perfectly.

The question is How can one who is not of the lineage of Israel, become partakers of the covenant of God? Lets take a look into (Ephesians 2:11-22) let’s look at the 11th through 13th verses. "Wherefore remember, that ye being in the time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called uncircumcision by that which is called the circumcision in the flesh made by hands; (12th vs.) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenant of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: (13th vs.) But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ." Any nation of people, not just Gentiles, have to go to Israel. The whole Bible is written from Israelites (Hebrews) and the true Hebrews or Jews are still in captivity. Get you some knowledge and learn to understand whats going on. You can't come to God with Pagan festivals, such as Christmas, Easter, lent, etc., even Halloween.

Paul says in (1 Tim.4:1) Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; The first day of the week, as the Sabbath day, is the doctrine of the devil. Satan is always trying to mimic God. So if it is not of God then it is of Satan. So if the seventh day Sabbath (Saturday) is a sign between God and His people. Then the first day (Sunday) is a sign between somebody and his people. You can’t have it both ways you are either in or out. Paul says in (1Cor.10:20-22) (v.20) “and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils”. (v.21) Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils. (v.22) Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

Rightly Divide the Word of God!

One must note Luke 12:1.......
"In the meantime, when so many thousands of the people had gathered together that they were trampling one another, he began to say to his disciples first, “Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy."

Jesus therefore is telling HIs followers that it is God whom needs to be feared, not the Pharisees. That means verse 5 is a comparative statement.
Luke 12:5 has the context that Jesus had more to say about hell than He did heaven. Verses 4-6 tell us that hell is a place that only God has the power to cast anyone into and it happens after death. The teaching is that the grave does not end it all.

I agree, and now we have to beware of the leaven of the False Prophets...who teaches against the Bible, who do not fear God! Who do not keep the sabbath day on the seventh day of the week, as Jesus, the prophets and the apostles did. Who claim to love God and do nothing he say.

Nevertheless, the bible speaks of only one way to get eternal salvation. "One Lord, one faith, one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5)
Paul said in Romans 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. Before you can start any task you must first know about it and without the key of knowledge you are lost. "...thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make the wise unto salvation..." (II Timothy 4:15). However, with all the various doctrines (teachings) it's hard to know which road to take. Many claim that it really doesn't matter saying, "you serve God your way and I'll serve God my way." Since the Lord is the author of eternal salvation we can only obtain it by serving him his way (Hebrews 5:9). Some choose to rely on the wisdom of their pastor by putting his word above God's word. Nevertheless, in judgment each one of us will give account for our own salvation. Therefore, we must not let anyone lead us down the wrong path, but should verify all of our teaching with the holy bible. YOUR SALVATION IS AT STAKE! "...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" (Philippians 2:12).

I agree, and now we have to beware of the leaven of the False Prophets...who teaches against the Bible, who do not fear God! Who do not keep the sabbath day on the seventh day of the week, as Jesus, the prophets and the apostles did. Who claim to love God and do nothing he say.

Nevertheless, the bible speaks of only one way to get eternal salvation. "One Lord, one faith, one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5)
Paul said in Romans 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. Before you can start any task you must first know about it and without the key of knowledge you are lost. "...thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make the wise unto salvation..." (II Timothy 4:15). However, with all the various doctrines (teachings) it's hard to know which road to take. Many claim that it really doesn't matter saying, "you serve God your way and I'll serve God my way." Since the Lord is the author of eternal salvation we can only obtain it by serving him his way (Hebrews 5:9). Some choose to rely on the wisdom of their pastor by putting his word above God's word. Nevertheless, in judgment each one of us will give account for our own salvation. Therefore, we must not let anyone lead us down the wrong path, but should verify all of our teaching with the holy bible. YOUR SALVATION IS AT STAKE! "...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" (Philippians 2:12).

I disagree. The Bible speaks of only one way to obtain eternal salvation....

John 14:6
"And JESUS said unto them...I AM the way the truth and the life and no man comes to the Father except by ME"!!!

This is exactly what I meant by "rightly dividing" the Word of truth.

Not one single verse you posted speaks to your claim that we must keep the Law to be saved. You have once again taken them completely out of context to MAKE them say what YOU want them to say.

Back