What is Love, According to God?

That’s right Paul said in 2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. Any one who have some knowledge would know that I rightly divide the word of truth perfectly.

The question is How can one who is not of the lineage of Israel, become partakers of the covenant of God? Lets take a look into (Ephesians 2:11-22) let’s look at the 11th through 13th verses. "Wherefore remember, that ye being in the time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called uncircumcision by that which is called the circumcision in the flesh made by hands; (12th vs.) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenant of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: (13th vs.) But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ." Any nation of people, not just Gentiles, have to go to Israel. The whole Bible is written from Israelites (Hebrews) and the true Hebrews or Jews are still in captivity. Get you some knowledge and learn to understand whats going on. You can't come to God with Pagan festivals, such as Christmas, Easter, lent, etc., even Halloween.

Paul says in (1 Tim.4:1) Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; The first day of the week, as the Sabbath day, is the doctrine of the devil. Satan is always trying to mimic God. So if it is not of God then it is of Satan. So if the seventh day Sabbath (Saturday) is a sign between God and His people. Then the first day (Sunday) is a sign between somebody and his people. You can’t have it both ways you are either in or out. Paul says in (1Cor.10:20-22) (v.20) “and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils”. (v.21) Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils. (v.22) Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

Once again I have to disagree with you. Your Bible understanding is clouded by your agenda and you are not correctly understanding the Word of God.

You are wrapped up in LEGALISM and have no grasp of the grace of God toward man.

You said to me......"Get you some knowledge and learn to understand whats going on."

"Wisdom is the right use of knowledge. To know is not to be wise. Many men know a great deal, and are all the greater fools for it. There is no fool so great a fool as a knowing fool. But to know how to use knowledge is to have wisdom."
Charles Spurgeon

One will find in the scriptures that the fundamental duty of man is to love God as well as to love his neighbor. Man has not understood the significance or the implications of not adhering to this duty. The word love in itself is beyond definition and it implies different things to different people. And because of this ambiguity man has decided to apply his definition of love to God commandment to love rather than finding out the meaning of love according to God standards. Man as a whole has never fully understood the word love as God defines it in His commandments and one can confirm that by simply looking at the condition of the world. People relate love to emotions and they base it on terms of feeling. The problem with this is when feeling change so does ones love. The love that God requires of man is one of will. And this love is a deliberate attitude whereas circumstances and changes in situations do not impact ones actions. In examining the scriptures one will find that God is clear in describing how man is to love Him. And while the bible shows a broad spectrum of love the love that God requires from man is well defined and is based on obedience.

Thank you for sharing this.

Dang!! 4 pages of the same ole, same ole. I blame it on @SueJLove - I was curious that she had wandered off her own thread and wondered. (teasing, kinda). I agree with Major, etal - because I understand Grace. This is also with a background of knowing myself. I don't remember a time when I didn't believe in God - in Christ. My intention has always been to be a "good" person/Christian and still I did sins. Less and less as the years went by and maybe I'm the slowest Christian ever, but it took me time to truly hate sin. All sin. A part of me understands what Bro tan is saying underneath his obey the laws of God - I think we all do. We need to obey God's will because it's the fruit of our love for Him. Doing the right thing is always the path we should take. It's not to be confused with eating bacon or planting a garden on Sunday. We should have some fear of sin, lest we use it as a free pass.

One will find in the scriptures that the fundamental duty of man is to love God as well as to love his neighbor. Man has not understood the significance or the implications of not adhering to this duty. The word love in itself is beyond definition and it implies different things to different people. And because of this ambiguity man has decided to apply his definition of love to God commandment to love rather than finding out the meaning of love according to God standards. Man as a whole has never fully understood the word love as God defines it in His commandments and one can confirm that by simply looking at the condition of the world. People relate love to emotions and they base it on terms of feeling. The problem with this is when feeling change so does ones love. The love that God requires of man is one of will. And this love is a deliberate attitude whereas circumstances and changes in situations do not impact ones actions. In examining the scriptures one will find that God is clear in describing how man is to love Him. And while the bible shows a broad spectrum of love the love that God requires from man is well defined and is based on obedience.

The religious leaders were constantly questioning Jesus in order to test Him and on this occasion a lawyer asked Jesus what is the great commandment?

Matthew (22:35) Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,

(36) Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

Jesus reply was the 1st great commandment was to love God and the 2nd was to love ones neighbor. These were given as a commandment for man to love.

Matthew (22:37) Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

(38) This is the first and great commandment.

(39) And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

One should note that by following the 1st and 2nd great commandment they will be adhering to the 10 commandments issued by Moses. If they love the Lord they won't have any other Gods before him, or make any graven images or take his name in vain, they will remember his Sabbath and if they love their neighbor they will honor their Father and Mother and they won't kill or commit adultery or steal or bear false witness nor will they covet. This is why Jesus goes on to state that on these two commandments hang the law and the prophets. Because by fulfilling these two commandments one fulfills the law.

(40) On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Jesus stated that these 2 commandments where the 2 great commandments however the following verses will show that these commandments were not new and that the Jews Jesus was speaking to were aware of them. These were the same ones issued to Israel by Moses.

Deuteronomy (6:5) And thy shall love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Leviticus (19:18) Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

Now that it has been established that man was commanded to love one needs to examine the scriptures to get an understanding of the love required in these great commandments

Once again I have to disagree with you. Your Bible understanding is clouded by your agenda and you are not correctly understanding the Word of God.

You are wrapped up in LEGALISM and have no grasp of the grace of God toward man.

You said to me......"Get you some knowledge and learn to understand whats going on."

"Wisdom is the right use of knowledge. To know is not to be wise. Many men know a great deal, and are all the greater fools for it. There is no fool so great a fool as a knowing fool. But to know how to use knowledge is to have wisdom."
Charles Spurgeon

Jesus said in (Mat.7:21) “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven”. For students to succeed in school, students learn to follow their teachers' instructions, and learn their lessons carefully. But few apply this method when they are dealing with the word of God. Is Jesus your Lord? Then why don’t you do the things he says. (Luke 6:46) “And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say”? He told you plainly: (Ex 20:8-10) (v.8) Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. (v.9) Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: (v.10) “But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD thy God”.

Now any Christian in their right mind wouldn't dare say that it’s okay to steal, kill or commit adultery or break any of the other seven commandments. But when it comes to the fourth commandment, people avoid it like a plague! They are either uninformed about which day is the Sabbath day of the God of the Bible or they are just following the tradition of religion that was passed down through the family or maybe they have let some preacher give them other excuses for ignoring God’s true day of worship.

I disagree. The Bible speaks of only one way to obtain eternal salvation....

John 14:6
"And JESUS said unto them...I AM the way the truth and the life and no man comes to the Father except by ME"!!!

This is exactly what I meant by "rightly dividing" the Word of truth.

Not one single verse you posted speaks to your claim that we must keep the Law to be saved. You have once again taken them completely out of context to MAKE them say what YOU want them to say.

Of course you will disagree, because many professing So call Christians are willing to acknowledge that the other nine commandments should be kept in some way today, but reject and refuse to literally obey just one commandment, the fourth! So we see that the Sabbath command is a crucial test of obedience, for it identifies those who have surrendered to God and are striving to obey all of His commandments. Even others lacking knowledge will say that we keep the first day of the week because Christ rose on that day or that the apostle Paul broke bread on the first day. No, Christ did not rise on Sunday that is yet another doctrine of the devil and I can prove that out of your bible without a shadow of doubt. And every day that Paul ate he broke bread what does that have to do with the Sabbath day. And as much as people try and make it seem, Paul writings in no way contradicts any writing of Jesus or the other disciple or apostles.

Jesus said in (Mat.15:6-9) “Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.” (v.7) Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, (v.8) This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. (v.9) But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. Jesus said that you are worshipping Him in vain (for nothing) because you teach for doctrine the commandments of man. Sisters and brothers going to church on Sunday is a commandment of man (Emperor Constantine) not God. Jesus said: (John 14:15) If ye love me, keep my commandments.

"here in is love ,not that we loved |God ,But that GOD loved us and while we were yet sinners Christ died for us .........."

in Christ
gerald

Of course you will disagree, because many professing So call Christians are willing to acknowledge that the other nine commandments should be kept in some way today, but reject and refuse to literally obey just one commandment, the fourth! So we see that the Sabbath command is a crucial test of obedience, for it identifies those who have surrendered to God and are striving to obey all of His commandments. Even others lacking knowledge will say that we keep the first day of the week because Christ rose on that day or that the apostle Paul broke bread on the first day. No, Christ did not rise on Sunday that is yet another doctrine of the devil and I can prove that out of your bible without a shadow of doubt. And every day that Paul ate he broke bread what does that have to do with the Sabbath day. And as much as people try and make it seem, Paul writings in no way contradicts any writing of Jesus or the other disciple or apostles.

Jesus said in (Mat.15:6-9) “Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.” (v.7) Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, (v.8) This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. (v.9) But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. Jesus said that you are worshipping Him in vain (for nothing) because you teach for doctrine the commandments of man. Sisters and brothers going to church on Sunday is a commandment of man (Emperor Constantine) not God. Jesus said: (John 14:15) If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Of course I disagree with you because you are not be Biblical. You may very well be following the teachings of Ellen G. White but not the Bible.

First of all Tan, it only takes a little Bible study to find out that of the 10 commandments listed in Exodus 20:1-17, only 9 of them were reinstituted in the New Testament: five in Matt. 19:18, murder, adultery, stealing, false witness, and honor parents; in Rom. 13:9, coveting; worshiping God properly covers the first three commandments. The one that was not reaffirmed was the one about the Sabbath. NOW WAY IS THAT????? Because Jesus said that He is the Lord of the Sabbath in Matt. 12:8.

Then with a little more Bible study and NOT some denominational dogma you will find out that the Old Testament system of Law required keeping the Sabbath as part of the overall moral, legal, and sacrificial system by which the Jewish people satisfied God’s requirements for behavior, government, and forgiveness of sins. The Sabbath was part of the Law in that sense. In order to "remain" in favor with God, you had to also keep the Sabbath. If it was not kept, then the person was in sin and would often be punished. Please help yourself out and do an in depth study of Ezekiel 18:4; Rom. 6:23; Deut. 13:1-9; Num. 35:31; Lev. 20:2.

However with Jesus’ atonement, we are no longer required to keep the Law. We are not under Law but grace as found in Rom. 6:14-15. The Sabbath is fulfilled in Jesus. He is our rest. We are not under obligation, by Law, to keep it; and this goes for the Sabbath as well. It is not a requirement that we keep the Sabbath. If it were, then we would still be under the Law; but we are not.

It is a shame to see a man with your perceived ability and determination be so erroneous in a denominational dogma of teaching which is not supported by the Bible. YOU are trying to make it say what it does not say and my encouragement to you is to read the Bible and let it speak TO YOU instead of YOU SPEAKING TO IT!!!

Jesus said in (Mat.7:21) “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven”. For students to succeed in school, students learn to follow their teachers' instructions, and learn their lessons carefully. But few apply this method when they are dealing with the word of God. Is Jesus your Lord? Then why don’t you do the things he says. (Luke 6:46) “And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say”? He told you plainly: (Ex 20:8-10) (v.8) Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. (v.9) Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: (v.10) “But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD thy God”.

Now any Christian in their right mind wouldn't dare say that it’s okay to steal, kill or commit adultery or break any of the other seven commandments. But when it comes to the fourth commandment, people avoid it like a plague! They are either uninformed about which day is the Sabbath day of the God of the Bible or they are just following the tradition of religion that was passed down through the family or maybe they have let some preacher give them other excuses for ignoring God’s true day of worship.

Tan....you do error in that you are not understanding that the 4th commandment was NOT reaffirmed in the New Testament.

Tan....you do error in that you are not understanding that the 4th commandment was NOT reaffirmed in the New Testament.

Given the great and one of the prevailing contentions religionists had with |Jesus about the Sabbath any thinking and spiritual man should be most careful when approaching the subject from either side I would have thought .

But the clear teaching of Paul about the Sabbath was that if one man counts one day as Holy unto the Lord and another counts all days as Holy unto the Lord there should be NO contention between them both .
If there are some who seek to impose their one day on a brother who counts all days a Sabbath .they are wrong to do so . The reverse of course is also true .
if on the other hand people will not submit to the clear teachings of scripture and insist on their own way. Then simply avoid them and the vain debate that always follows .

in Christ
gerald

First of all Tan, it only takes a little Bible study to find out that of the 10 commandments listed in Exodus 20:1-17, only 9 of them were reinstituted in the New Testament: five in Matt. 19:18, murder, adultery, stealing, false witness, and honor parents; in Rom. 13:9, coveting; worshiping God properly covers the first three commandments. The one that was not reaffirmed was the one about the Sabbath. NOW WAY IS THAT????? Because Jesus said that He is the Lord of the Sabbath in Matt. 12:8.

Then with a little more Bible study and NOT some denominational dogma you will find out that the Old Testament system of Law required keeping the Sabbath as part of the overall moral, legal, and sacrificial system by which the Jewish people satisfied God’s requirements for behavior, government, and forgiveness of sins. The Sabbath was part of the Law in that sense. In order to "remain" in favor with God, you had to also keep the Sabbath. If it was not kept, then the person was in sin and would often be punished. Please help yourself out and do an in depth study of Ezekiel 18:4; Rom. 6:23; Deut. 13:1-9; Num. 35:31; Lev. 20:2.

However with Jesus’ atonement, we are no longer required to keep the Law. We are not under Law but grace as found in Rom. 6:14-15. The Sabbath is fulfilled in Jesus. He is our rest. We are not under obligation, by Law, to keep it; and this goes for the Sabbath as well. It is not a requirement that we keep the Sabbath. If it were, then we would still be under the Law; but we are not.

I agree that we are not required to keep the Sabbath, and that includes Sundays, too. I am presently reading in Hebrews for my QTs with the Lord, and this morning I read about that Sabbath-rest, which is our salvation and our relationship with Jesus Christ. Since we, as believers in Jesus, have the Holy Spirit now living within us, we can enter into the presence of Almighty God 24/7. Jesus told the woman at the well that a day was coming when they would no longer worship God in this place or that place, but we would worship him in Spirit and in truth. The early church met daily in the temple courts and from house to house. The church is not a building or an organization of humans but it is a spiritual entity comprised of all believers in Christ, so we can meet anywhere on any day, as long as we are truly meeting in the name of our Lord, and not in the name of humans, and the Spirit is with us and so we can worship together and enjoy one another's fellowship in the Spirit any time and any place.

This is from my QT with the Lord in April of 2011 - a study on Hebrews 4: http://christsfreeservant.blogspot.com/2011/04/sabbath-rest.html.

I agree that we are not required to keep the Sabbath, and that includes Sundays, too. I am presently reading in Hebrews for my QTs with the Lord, and this morning I read about that Sabbath-rest, which is our salvation and our relationship with Jesus Christ. Since we, as believers in Jesus, have the Holy Spirit now living within us, we can enter into the presence of Almighty God 24/7. Jesus told the woman at the well that a day was coming when they would no longer worship God in this place or that place, but we would worship him in Spirit and in truth. The early church met daily in the temple courts and from house to house. The church is not a building or an organization of humans but it is a spiritual entity comprised of all believers in Christ, so we can meet anywhere on any day, as long as we are truly meeting in the name of our Lord, and not in the name of humans, and the Spirit is with us and so we can worship together and enjoy one another's fellowship in the Spirit any time and any place.

This is from my QT with the Lord in April of 2011 - a study on Hebrews 4: http://christsfreeservant.blogspot.com/2011/04/sabbath-rest.html.

You are absolutely correct Sue!

Given the great and one of the prevailing contentions religionists had with |Jesus about the Sabbath any thinking and spiritual man should be most careful when approaching the subject from either side I would have thought .

But the clear teaching of Paul about the Sabbath was that if one man counts one day as Holy unto the Lord and another counts all days as Holy unto the Lord there should be NO contention between them both .
If there are some who seek to impose their one day on a brother who counts all days a Sabbath .they are wrong to do so . The reverse of course is also true .
if on the other hand people will not submit to the clear teachings of scripture and insist on their own way. Then simply avoid them and the vain debate that always follows .

in Christ
gerald

And I will agree with you. The only thing today is that there are so many people on line and on this web site that read but do not respond to what is said and we do not want them to be taught non-Biblical things. And that is what we di when we do not put out there the correct Bible teachings.

Personally, if a man wants to worship on Tuesday....fine with me. The problem comes when people begin to condemn others and teaching that keeping the Sabbath must be done in order to keep our salvation secure. We can not allow that kind of error to stand in light of the truth of the Scriptures.

The New Testament has ample evidence that the seventh day Sabbath is no longer a requirement.
  • Rom. 14:5-6, "One man regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Let each man be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God."
The entire section of Rom. 14:1-12 is worth careful study. Nevertheless, the instructions here are that individuals must be convinced in their own minds about which day they observe for the Lord. If the seventh day Sabbath were a requirement, then the choice would not be man's but God’s.

Of course I disagree with you because you are not be Biblical. You may very well be following the teachings of Ellen G. White but not the Bible.

It is a shame to see a man with your perceived ability and determination be so erroneous in a denominational dogma of teaching which is not supported by the Bible. YOU are trying to make it say what it does not say and my encouragement to you is to read the Bible and let it speak TO YOU instead of YOU SPEAKING TO IT!!!

The Apostle Paul understood this he knew and kept Gods law including the seventh day sabbath. Now lets take a look at; (Acts 13:13-15, 42, 44) (v.13) Now when Paul and his company loosed from Pa’-phus, they came to Per’-ga in Pam-phyl’-I-a: and John departing from them returned to Jerusalem. (v.14) But when they departed from Per’-ga, they came to An’-ti-och in Pi-sid’-I-a, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down. Paul went into the church (synagogue) on the sabbath day the seventh day not the first day (Sunday). (v.15) And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on. (v.42) And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath. The Gentiles didn’t asked Paul to come preach us something different next Sunday. They wanted Paul to preach to them the same thing that he taught the Jews, the next sabbath. Even the Gentiles knew that if they were going to serve the same God that Paul and the Jews (Israelites) served that they would have to serve him on the day that God had set up. (v.42) And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God. Not the next Sunday but the next sabbath

The Council of Trent (1545 A.D.), the church leaders ruled that "tradition" is of as great authority as the Bible! They believed that God had given them the authority to change the Bible any way they pleased. By "tradition" they meant human teachings.

The sun was the main god of the heathen even back as far as ancient Babylon. Since they worshiped the sun on Sunday, the compromising church leaders could see that if they changed the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday, it would accomplish several things. Number one - it would separate them from the Jews who were hated by many of the Romans and who, along with Jesus, (Luke 4:16), had been worshiping on Saturday from the beginning (and still do today). Number two - it would make it much easier for the pagans to come into the church if the Christians met on the same day that the pagan world did.

It worked well. Pagans flocked in by the thousands. Satan's plan of compromise was doing its baleful work. The change was attempted gradually but many of the true hearted, loyal Christians were alarmed. They came to the leaders and wanted to know why they had dared tamper with the law of Almighty God! The church leaders knew this would happen - and they had an answer ready. It's a masterpiece. If a person doesn't know the bible well it sounds good.

The people were told that they were worshiping on Sunday now because Jesus rose from the dead on that day.

There's not even one verse in the Bible that tells us to do this, but that's what they were told. Isn't it amazing! Maybe you've even heard that yourself!

When Emperor Constantine became a Christian, Christianity became the state religion you remember. As thousands of sun-worshipers flocked into the church, it wasn't long before they had a dominating influence. Most of his top officials had been sun-worshipers. Because the Roman government was getting shaky, Constantine consulted with his aides and with the church officials in Rome.

"What shall we do? How can we unite and stabilize the government?"

The counsel of the church leaders was timely.

"Pass a Sunday law. Force everyone to cease work and honor Sunday."

That was it! It would satisfy the sun-worshiping pagans, and unite pagans, Christians, and the Roman empire as never before.

The year is 321 A.D. Constantine, yielding to the suggestion of church leaders passes the first Sunday law! Here it is, straight out of the record:

"Let all the judges and town people, and the occupation of all trades rest on the venerable day of the sun" Edict of March 7, 321 A.D. Corpus Juris Civilis Cod., lib. 3, tit. 12, Lex. 3.

The Christians who would not compromise and dishonor God found themselves in a dilemma. Satan had worked things around so that you were forced to honor the pagan "day of the sun" or pay the penalty. Even after the Emperor's Sunday law, many Christians continued to honor and keep holy the seventh-day Sabbath that their Saviour had kept. God knew what was going on and had predicted that the man of sin would "think to change times and laws." Satan was about to pull off a world-wide hoax.

Bibles were forbidden by the priests. As the years went by, the new generations (without Bibles) would forget all about the Sabbath of the Lord.

Not only that - from time to time, great church councils were held. In nearly every one, the Sabbath which God had given as a memorial of His creation of the world was pressed down and Sunday was exalted. The pagan festival finally came to be regarded as the "Lord's day" (by Pope Sylvester, 314-337 A.D.) and the church leaders pronounced the Bible Sabbath a relic of the Jews, and those who honored it, in obedience to the fourth commandment of God, were pronounced to be "accursed."

To rip out the commandment right in the center, put in Sun- day worship as a counterfeit, take the Bibles away, and command the whole world to accept it - this was the king of all swindles!

Keep in mind that our God is kind and fair. Those who are keeping Sunday and breaking God's fourth commandment ignorantly are not under condemnation. It's only those who know what God commands and willfully disobey who are committing sin. God's enemy knows that to break one of God's commandments is a sin which hurts our Saviour and robs us of eternal life with Him if not repented of.

Satan laid this plot so deep that even many ministers are not aware of it. Many religious leaders are putting forth desperate efforts to keep the facts on this subject away from the people. Shocking but true, many ministers have not learned at school anything different than their teachers have learned before them. Then they teach their congregations what they learned from their teachers. It is perpetuated for generations. This is why even your own parents or grandparents may not have understood what God's word teaches about His seventh-day Sabbath. But when people honestly study the Bible for themselves - their eyes are opened. Many people take the preacher's word and just don't study God's word for themselves.

The Biblical Sabbath, however, is and has always been on the seventh day of the week, or Saturday. Despite the prevalence of Sunday worship in Christendom, we must look to the Bible as our authority and keep the seventh day Sabbath ordained by God. Now go into your history books and prove me wrong, I challenge you to do so.

So sisters and brothers read your bible for yourself and pray for understanding. Don’t let some unlearned or false preacher deceive you. The Sabbath of the Lord has, and will always be the seventh day of the week (sunset Friday to sunset Saturday) and has not been changed.

Remember Paul said; (Acts 24:14) “But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:” And it says clearly in the law (Ex:20) to remember the sabbath, to keep it holy.

in Christ
gerald

Jesus regularly attended religious services on the Sabbath day "as His custom was". He obeyed His own command to meet (holy convocation) every Sabbath day. Apostle Paul's custom was to keep the Sabbath day. (Acts18:1, 4) (v.1) After these things Paul departed from Athens, and came to Corinth; (v.4) And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks. Other evidence shows the early Church of God observed the Sabbath (Acts 13:13-15, 42, 44; 18:1, 4, 11).

Remember that it was Christ: (1Peter:2:22) Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Jesus did no sin. But what is sin? (1John:3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. So every time you break (transgress) one of God’s commandments you have committed sin. And one of those commandments is to: (Ex.20:8) Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. That’s why Jesus went to church on the seventh day; it is a sin to say that Sunday is the Christian Sabbath, because it is not Christ like! Just like it’s a sin to steal, kill, and commit adultery and so-forth. This is the day He would naturally have observed, because He originally made the Sabbath by resting and ordained that it be kept holy from that time forward. I’ve heard it said that you can praise the Lord any day and every day. Sure you can and you are supposed to. But you are commanded to set aside one day of the week that the Lord blessed, sanctified and made holy and that day is Saturday, the seventh day.

Pharisees were Mosaic lawyers, were they not? Read Matthew 9 and then skip to Matthew 12 and read that. The law required fasting - the Disciples did not fast. They picked corn on the Sabbath because they were hungry. Again - against the law. Christ mentions that the priests/rabbi's work on the Sabbath and are blameless. Christ then says there is one here greater than the temple. Christ fulfilled the law - a law that no one could keep (all of it all the time), except Him. In His work, we are made new - a new covenant - included in that is the true meaning and understanding of what God wants from us. Not what day we hold as sabbath. Unworthy as all of us are we are saved and forgiven by grace. Not by what day we choose to worship God. By worshipping and prayer daily, I cover all the days. But it is not by my works that I am saved.

The Apostle Paul understood this he knew and kept Gods law including the seventh day sabbath. Now lets take a look at; (Acts 13:13-15, 42, 44) (v.13) Now when Paul and his company loosed from Pa’-phus, they came to Per’-ga in Pam-phyl’-I-a: and John departing from them returned to Jerusalem. (v.14) But when they departed from Per’-ga, they came to An’-ti-och in Pi-sid’-I-a, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down. Paul went into the church (synagogue) on the sabbath day the seventh day not the first day (Sunday). (v.15) And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on. (v.42) And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath. The Gentiles didn’t asked Paul to come preach us something different next Sunday. They wanted Paul to preach to them the same thing that he taught the Jews, the next sabbath. Even the Gentiles knew that if they were going to serve the same God that Paul and the Jews (Israelites) served that they would have to serve him on the day that God had set up. (v.42) And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God. Not the next Sunday but the next sabbath

Completely misunderstood exegesis. I am amazed how you are unable to understand what it being said in the Scriptures but instead work so hard to make them fit your opinions.

My brother....I do not care one iota about what day you want to worship on. If you want to do it on Saturday......do it!!!!

I just do not think that you should be condemning the rest of the world based on your Church denominational teachings.

I have spent way to much time and energy on such a thought as you are propagating and therefore I am withdrawing from the conversation. I have many other things to do that are important.

Be good and stay healthy.

Jesus regularly attended religious services on the Sabbath day "as His custom was". He obeyed His own command to meet (holy convocation) every Sabbath day. Apostle Paul's custom was to keep the Sabbath day. (Acts18:1, 4) (v.1) After these things Paul departed from Athens, and came to Corinth; (v.4) And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks. Other evidence shows the early Church of God observed the Sabbath (Acts 13:13-15, 42, 44; 18:1, 4, 11).

Remember that it was Christ: (1Peter:2:22) Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Jesus did no sin. But what is sin? (1John:3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. So every time you break (transgress) one of God’s commandments you have committed sin. And one of those commandments is to: (Ex.20:8) Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. That’s why Jesus went to church on the seventh day; it is a sin to say that Sunday is the Christian Sabbath, because it is not Christ like! Just like it’s a sin to steal, kill, and commit adultery and so-forth. This is the day He would naturally have observed, because He originally made the Sabbath by resting and ordained that it be kept holy from that time forward. I’ve heard it said that you can praise the Lord any day and every day. Sure you can and you are supposed to. But you are commanded to set aside one day of the week that the Lord blessed, sanctified and made holy and that day is Saturday, the seventh day.

Did not Jesus come to fulfil the law ? To be subject to the law that those under the law might be set free?

I am not going to much argue this as it is unprofitable.
But tell me if you are in the USA and its Saturday? What will you say to the people who are on the other side of the world and it is Sunday or Friday at the same time?
For the law states that all must attend on the same day in the same place and the same hour as it were.
As far as I am aware that can only be fulfilled if you are a Jew and live in the land of Israel and can go to the Temple .
But as I said . Scripture teaches that if you count one day unto the Lord or all days unto the Lord then do not contend with each other .
That you wish to do so says more about you not fulfilling that commandment than it does by your perception of others.
What say you of one who goes to church or keeps the Sabbath Saturday AND Sunday? Will you condemn him also?

in Christ
gerald

Back