- Oct 25, 2014
and all other words i might have missed
γέεννα geenna (gheh'-en-nah) n.
1. valley of (the son of) Hinnom
2. ge-henna (or Ge-Hinnom), a valley of Jerusalem,
- Original: שׁאל שׁאול
- Transliteration: [email protected]'owl
- Phonetic: sheh-ole'
1. sheol, underworld, grave, hell, pit
a. the underworld
b. Sheol - the OT designation for the abode of the dead
1. place of no return
2. without praise of God
3. wicked sent there for punishment
4. righteous not abandoned to it
5. of the place of exile (fig)
6. of extreme degradation in sin
ᾅδης hades (hah"-dace) n.
1. (properly) unseen
2. (commonly) "Hades," the place (state) of departed souls
ταρταρόω tartaroo (tar-tar-oh'-o) v.
1. to incarcerate in the Abyss "Tatarus" to await final judgement and eternal torment
Lake of Fire is just that and hell is English.
Not to debate it but just to give my opinion on .......Gehenna was a garbage pit that burned the garbage outside of Jerusalem. Sheol is hell, the grave, the underworld. Hades is Greek for Sheol. Tartaroo is where the angels that mated with the daughters of men are located awaiting judgement, Jude 1:6 and the pit where the devil will be placed for 1000 years, Rev 20:3, Mat 8:30-32. The lake of fire is where death and hell go to die.
Yep. We'll agree to disagree. If you remember, our first speed bump was on this subject right when I joined. People are supposed to marry so to procreate legally. Man doesn't follow the rules, fallen angels won't either, and there's no reason for them to marry to begin with.Not to debate it but just to give my opinion on .......
"Tartaroo is where the angels that mated with the daughters of men are located awaiting judgement."
1) The angels are spiritual beings without physical bodies
and are incapable of procreation so there would not have been and sexual activity between demons and humans.
2) Jesus taught that at the resurrection, people, like the angels in heaven "neither marry nor be given in
marriage" - as seen in Mt 22:30.
But then it might be said that the sin of angels is something that took place before The Fall of man as is vividly portrayed in John Milton's "Paradise Lost".
Then scriptural evidence is for demons to have sex is very vague, and dependent upon passages that may be and are uselly taken out of context.
But that is just me.
Yes I remember. I still love ya though!!Yep. We'll agree to disagree. If you remember, our first speed bump was on this subject right when I joined. People are supposed to marry so to procreate legally. Man doesn't follow the rules, fallen angels won't either, and there's no reason for them to marry to begin with.
There is not a total consensus in the Christian community about the particulars.and all other words i might have missed