What Land Will The Jews Inherit?

I've never really thought about it in terms of modern borders until I read this post on a blog I follow:

elefacets

It does say that Abraham's descendants will receive that land according to his covenant with God in Genesis 15:18:

"On the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying:
“To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the River Euphrates— ..."

But when I consider what that would mean geopolitically today, I'm not so sure I feel like it is likely any time soon.

What do you guys think? Is there another way to look at this?

I've never really thought about it in terms of modern borders until I read this post on a blog I follow:

elefacets

It does say that Abraham's descendants will receive that land according to his covenant with God in Genesis 15:18:

"On the same day theLordmade a covenant with Abram, saying:
“To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the River Euphrates— ..."

But when I consider what that would mean geopolitically today, I'm not so sure I feel like it is likely any time soon.

What do you guys think? Is there another way to look at this?

The Promised Land was from the Med. Sea to the Euphrates River. Israel only inhabitited 10%.

You better prepare yourself because it will not be much longer before it becomes a reality!

The only thing that occurs to me is that the Jews think the land is theirs, but the Bible says it is covenanted to the descendants of Abraham who are many nations including Muslims and of course the Ten Tribes so I cannot help wondering if the Jews are being a little presumptive?

Genesis 17:15-21

15 Then God said to Abraham, “As for Sarai your wife, you shall not call her name Sarai, but [l]Sarah shall be her name. 16 I will bless her, and indeed I will give you a son by her. Then I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of peoples will [m]come from her.” 17 Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed, and said in his heart, “Will a child be born to a man one hundred years old? And will Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child?” 18 And Abraham said to God, “Oh that Ishmael might live before You!” 19 But God said, “No, but Sarah your wife will bear you a son, and you shall call his name [n]Isaac; and I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant for his [o]descendants after him. 20 As for Ishmael, I have heard you; behold, I will bless him, and will make him fruitful and will multiply him exceedingly. He shall [p]become the father of twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation. 21 But My covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah will bear to you at this season next year.

Galatians 4:22-29

For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the bondwoman and one by the free woman. 23 But the son by the bondwoman [a]was born according to the flesh, and the son by the free woman through the promise. 24 [b]This is allegorically speaking, for these women are two covenants: one proceeding from Mount Sinai bearing children [c]who are to be slaves; [d]she is Hagar. 25 Now this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children. 26 But the Jerusalem above is free; [e]she is our mother. 27 For it is written,
“Rejoice, barren woman who does not bear;
Break forth and shout, you who are not in labor;
For more numerous are the children of the desolate
Than of the one who has a husband.”
28 And you brethren, like Isaac, are children of promise. 29 But as at that time he who was born according to the flesh persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, so it is now also.

The only thing that occurs to me is that the Jews think the land is theirs, but the Bible says it is covenanted to the descendants of Abraham who are many nations including Muslims and of course the Ten Tribes so I cannot help wondering if the Jews are being a little presumptive?

Ryans's comment #4 explains it IMO.

The Land was promised to Abraham and HIS decendant who was Isaac. Ismael was the "illegitimate" son of Abraham hence the covenant applies to Issac not Ismael.

I forgot about the promise to Isaac which means the covenant is
for the twelve tribes to inhabit Canaan?

canaan.jpg

I forgot about the promise to Isaac which means the covenant is
for the twelve tribes to inhabit Canaan?

quote]

That is correct Ian!!!! Here is a different picture that is more appropiate I think......................

61stbd_biblicalborders09.jpg

I just hope it works out soon and all the fighting comes to an end but when I think about the tribulation, I'm not sure it will? :(

I just hope it works out soon and all the fighting comes to an end but when I think about the tribulation, I'm not sure it will? :(

FEAR NOT. The Bible says that we (The Church) are not the children of wrath.

I believe what the Scripture says about the Rapture, "Catching Away" of the saints and THEN the Tribulation of 7 years to begin.

FEAR NOT. The Bible says that we (The Church) are not the children of wrath.

I believe what the Scripture says about the Rapture, "Catching Away" of the saints and THEN the Tribulation of 7 years to begin.

I did a study on the Second Coming not so long since and I know it is hotly debated but I came to the conclusion the Rapture will come after the Tribulation, but I cannot remember my reasons for thinking that.

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/4265107/second-coming3-pdf-july-9-2012-5-58-am-920k?da=y

I did a study on the Second Coming not so long since and I know it is hotly debated but I came to the conclusion the Rapture will come after the Tribulation, but I cannot remember my reasons for thinking that.

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/4265107/second-coming3-pdf-july-9-2012-5-58-am-920k?da=y

LOL!!!! Yea, I was in the bathroom just an hour ago and I could not remember if I was coming in or going out.

But seriousely, what would be the point of the Rapture happening AFTER the Tribulation?

If we look closely, we see that their is a 7 year Peace treaty between Israel and the A/C.
To have a "peace treaty", there must first be a war or conflict of some kind.
Then if we consider Ezek. 38, we see a WAR where the King of the north comes into the Holy land and then Ezekiel. 39 tells us that Israel burns the material left over from that conflict for 7 years.
Coinsedense????

It is very hotly debated and I do not argue it, I just explain what I understand and I believe there will be a Pre-Tribulation Rapture.

What you say makes sense but I will try and find my reasons and perhaps post them another day.

Mick Alexander who is a friend on another forum did a series of videos on the Second Coming. Here is a link to the first one.

Back