What Will Be Loosed In Heaven ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty

Inactive
What Will Be Loosed In Heaven ?

Matthew 16:19
I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."
Matthew 18:18
"I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

Have you ever wondered what this passage means ?

I am thinking that these things are already " loosed and 'bound" in heaven but God wants us to pray with others in agreement so that we know that Christ is in our midst and that way when we ask in Jesus name we will know that it will be done . And it is also a way to strengthen our prayer life.

Does that make sense. ?

means things that are good or bad will be judged worthy or not for heaven.this is the difficult question,most things are ok inthe correct spirit,so i would allow all.in the wrong spirit all things are wasted.

means things that are good or bad will be judged worthy or not for heaven.this is the difficult question,most things are ok inthe correct spirit,so i would allow all.in the wrong spirit all things are wasted.

Michael .... I don't understand what you are trying to say.

The term "Binding and Loosening" was one that was commonly known through the ages in Israel. What it meant to even the secular world was that when a new king took over - he set the enemies of his predicessor free and jailed his own enemies. He loosened his predicessor's enemies and bound his own enemies. This was done at his own discression.

If you have studied history at all you know how much bloodshed happened just for some Kings or leaders to maintain their power - Herod for example.

The process of binding and loosening is still in effect in our society in everyday life. We reward our loyal friends and punish our enemies. You can see it in particular in Politics. Even office politics on a smaller scale. It's just human nature - the old nature that is.

Since the cross there is a new King in charge and he has given his people the authority to set free Satan"s (the previous king) captives and to bind his enemies.

I'm sorry that I can't remember where I read that - it may have been Josephus. Anyway I was struck by the exact phrase "Binding and Loosening" which made it stand out.

Larry

Matt.16:19. Jesus here is talking about something that is very important - the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Something also that the Church has authority and power to do. I think we might also link this to Matt:18:18-19. Here he repeats "binding and loosing", but it is there linked with asking on earth and giving from heaven.

So to my mind this refers to Prayer. This is part of the mystery of prayer - why don't we just say "your will be done" and leave it there. God is sovereign and surely his way is best for us. But this is not what God wants.

God has given us responsibility. James says that we do not have because we do not ask. Therefore it is our responsibility to ask for what we think desirable.

Here in Matthew our Lord Jesus Christ would appear to be that God's plans from heaven are implemented through his Church. It is the prayers of the Church which bind and loose God's plans. We don't tell God what to do but it seems clear that the objectives of heaven are brought to fruition in the world through the activity of the Church in prayer.

We, the Church, cannot make God do what he doesn't want to do, but we can grieve the Holy Spirit (see Eph. 4:30) and prevent Him doing what he would otherwise do. It is a fearful thought that we may restrict the work of God in the world through our disobedience and refusal to co-operate with Him.

For example, when Peter was in prison, the Church gathered together and prayed, and in answer to that prayer God sent an angel and released Peter from prison in a miraculous way. If those prayers had never been made I wonder what would have happened. The Holy Spirit gives us the desire to pray, and leads us in our prayers, and thus that which is bound on earth is loosed by heaven.

It is God who has chosen to work through His Church. God made human beings rulers of the works of His own hands and put everything under his feet (see Ps. 8), but man is disobedient and we see the resultant chaos brought about by mankind's wrong use of this God given authority. The chaos in our world is brought about by mankind to whom God gave dominion.

It is our responsibility as Christians to pray both individually and communally (remember two must agree in Matt.18). The sovereign God has willed it thus. Remember also it is God's will that "everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved", but in Rom 10 we read that for them to call they must hear and to hear they must have someone tell them. The activity of telling is the responsibility of the Church.

So we may bind - which is a negative and we may loose, which is a positive. This equals salt and light. As salt we bind what is evil by our influence in the world and as light we release the light of the Gospel into the world.

May God bless us as we learn together

Matthew 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

First, we must take all scripture in the context of the whole council of God. Heaven is the place of Righteousness where God Resides, thus Heaven takes no lead from man. Therefore, that which is loosed or bound on earth and loosed or bound in heaven is only in sync, when such is the will which comes from heaven.

• Loosed: is to allow, do or promote that which is Good/Godly/Right.
  • Bound: is to bind/destroy/restrict that which is Bad/ungodly/wrong.
The keys of the kingdom of heaven gives us access and knowledge to determine what is Good (to loose) or Bad (that which to bind).

We all have the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven which is spelled out in God's word (The Holy Bible). Just as Peter, we too are instructed to Loose and Bind. That which requires binding but is not, becomes the leaven that leads to total corruption.

Good Day and God Bless

fyi: a key has no value if it is never used....

in heaven we will all be loose,there will be no temting i pressume.

It will be beyond human conception to imagine a world where sin does not exist, a place where there is nothing to bind, a life of peace for eternity...

:cross:Thank You Jesus:cross:

Good day and God Bless

Matt.16:19. Jesus here is talking about something that is very important - the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Something also that the Church has authority and power to do. I think we might also link this to Matt:18:18-19. Here he repeats "binding and loosing", but it is there linked with asking on earth and giving from heaven.

So to my mind this refers to Prayer. This is part of the mystery of prayer - why don't we just say "your will be done" and leave it there. God is sovereign and surely his way is best for us. But this is not what God wants.

God has given us responsibility. James says that we do not have because we do not ask. Therefore it is our responsibility to ask for what we think desirable.

Here in Matthew our Lord Jesus Christ would appear to be that God's plans from heaven are implemented through his Church. It is the prayers of the Church which bind and loose God's plans. We don't tell God what to do but it seems clear that the objectives of heaven are brought to fruition in the world through the activity of the Church in prayer.

We, the Church, cannot make God do what he doesn't want to do, but we can grieve the Holy Spirit (see Eph. 4:30) and prevent Him doing what he would otherwise do. It is a fearful thought that we may restrict the work of God in the world through our disobedience and refusal to co-operate with Him.

For example, when Peter was in prison, the Church gathered together and prayed, and in answer to that prayer God sent an angel and released Peter from prison in a miraculous way. If those prayers had never been made I wonder what would have happened. The Holy Spirit gives us the desire to pray, and leads us in our prayers, and thus that which is bound on earth is loosed by heaven.

It is God who has chosen to work through His Church. God made human beings rulers of the works of His own hands and put everything under his feet (see Ps. 8), but man is disobedient and we see the resultant chaos brought about by mankind's wrong use of this God given authority. The chaos in our world is brought about by mankind to whom God gave dominion.

It is our responsibility as Christians to pray both individually and communally (remember two must agree in Matt.18). The sovereign God has willed it thus. Remember also it is God's will that "everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved", but in Rom 10 we read that for them to call they must hear and to hear they must have someone tell them. The activity of telling is the responsibility of the Church.

So we may bind - which is a negative and we may loose, which is a positive. This equals salt and light. As salt we bind what is evil by our influence in the world and as light we release the light of the Gospel into the world.

May God bless us as we learn together

Jeananne ... Thank you for that . That make perfect sense.

So in other words the things we do not allow on earth will be the things that God does not allow and the things that we allow on earth, .... all through prayer of course , will be the things that God allows.

If you look at the previous verse, Jesus talks about building his Church. Then there is the authority given to the Apostles to “bind” and “loose”
In other words, to “forbid” and to “allow”
After Jesus was gone, the Apostles went about building the Church. They taught on what was forbidden to do and what was allowed, and expected. The things they forbid and allowed were backed up by God in heaven. They were given the authority by Jesus himself. (the keys to the kingdom of heaven)
Will be bound in heaven… will be loosed in heaven?
God is giving his approval, or his confirmation. Let it be written, so let it be done… sort of thing.

Thanks Dusty. I had another thought on this today. I have been speaking with several people who say that they are not very happy in the Church with which they are worshipping. Could we not say that God has placed them in that Church to be salt and light. Salt to negate the wrong things that are going on, i.e. by speaking out what the Bible says (it will not make you popular on earth, but that's not waht we are looking for) and Light to show what is right and stand up and be counted.

I have not, as yet, spoken with anyone else about this, but it came to me when I was reading another thread.

God, perhaps, does not place us in a particular Church for our own benefit, but for the benefit of others - to be salt and light to them, binding and loosing in accordance with the text, through our prayers.

Thanks Dusty. I had another thought on this today. I have been speaking with several people who say that they are not very happy in the Church with which they are worshipping. Could we not say that God has placed them in that Church to be salt and light. Salt to negate the wrong things that are going on, i.e. by speaking out what the Bible says (it will not make you popular on earth, but that's not waht we are looking for) and Light to show what is right and stand up and be counted.

I have not, as yet, spoken with anyone else about this, but it came to me when I was reading another thread.

God, perhaps, does not place us in a particular Church for our own benefit, but for the benefit of others - to be salt and light to them, binding and loosing in accordance with the text, through our prayers.

Yes , Jeananne ..... I think you are on to something that I never thought of before . God does place us in situations where maybe we don't want to be but unless we hear the Holy Spirit telling us to move then that is exactly where we must stay to be salt and light and not for a popularity contest.

Whether we are popular here on earth or not does not matter but what matters is are we laying up our treasures in Heaven ?

Jeanann, here is a word that may shed light on your statement.

-- King James
1 Corinthians 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

-- Living Bible
1 Corinthians 11:19 But I suppose you feel this is necessary so that you who are always right will become known and recognized!

-- Simple English
1 Corinthians 11:19 It is necessary to have factions among you, so that it will become plain which of you are ``true'' .

Such proves that God has a purpose for all things, even controversy. Remember, Jesus was a troublemaker also, which in the end brought about his death. God offers no comfort to the lukewarm or those who choose to remain on the fence, for good can never be at peace with evil:

Proverbs 29:27. An unjust man is an abomination to the just: and he that is upright in the way is abomination to the wicked.

Good Day and God Bless

Thanks Illinijag. I am working on this - it may be of help to several people I know who are very unhappy in their present situation.

God bless us as we learn together.

I find it very humbling that God involves us significantly in His plans and works. He shows us how much we matter to Him.

Praise the Lord!

Thanks Illinijag. I am working on this - it may be of help to several people I know who are very unhappy in their present situation.

I am still pondering this as well and asking the Holy Spirit to give me more of a revelation on " Binding " and Loosing' " as I still just can't seem to get my self past those words . I know they can mean so many differing things so am still not comfortable with leaving it .

Fascinating isn't it? You are right Dusty about popularity. I am afraid today it doesn't make one popular to say "The Bible says". I expect some of the people who heard Jesus speaking in Matt.5 on murder, adultery, eye for an eye, etc., and on loving our enemies didn't look on this as good news at all. Now we can't even think about doing these things whereas before only acting on our thoughts were wrong.

Our Lord Jesus was saying in today's language Go Home and be as Holy as God - something that is wholly impossible. We have to realise our own complete inability, and only then do we put our faith wholly in the Lord.

God's Holy Law reveals God's character and shows up our failure. But praise his name, our Lord Jesus fulfilled all the Law (Matt.5:17). Now God sees us In Christ. Sin is no longer our master but as we read in Rom.6:14 we are no long under the law but under grace. (The Greek meaning of the word charis which we have translated grace here, means "gift"). Forgiveness is the gift given by the Lord.

How can we thank Him enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back