What would you do?

If you were there...

• Total voters
Same honest answer. People love to tout untested superhuman abilities, I'm not one of them. I do know one thing: I am SUPER blessed to NEVER be put into that situation. To speculate is wasted energy and only leads to false judgment of myself and by others.

Have you ever put a person or an animal in a choke hold? If done properly, nothing can escape it.. Nothing. ;)

I see that you have no experience with real live animals.

With an extreme amount of luck you may control it's head.
A tiger's rear claws are used for disemboweling it's prey, see how well that works out for you.

Don't know you or your father, but sounds like he was most concerned about your well being. It is difficult for a parent to put complete trust in their children's judgment. The difficulty comes not from lack of confidence in the child so much as an overwhelming love for the child and recognition that the world can be pretty bad.

I see that you are relitively new. I am more or less new myself, but I think I am old enough to say welcome.

So welcome. :)

A tiger's rear claws are used for disemboweling it's prey, see how well that works out for you.
Never saw Tarzan do this. You sure you know what you are talking about?

Never saw Tarzan do this. You sure you know what you are talking about?

I do not think you understood the post. I was suggesting that the other fellow would get himself mauled or killed trying
to put a tiger in a chokehold.

I do not think you understood the post. I was suggesting that the other fellow would get himself mauled or killed trying
to put a tiger in a chokehold.

Bit late for a fuller explanation isn't it? I mean, what if the guy were relying on your first effort only to get mauled because he didn't understand?

Bit late for a fuller explanation isn't it? I mean, what if the guy were relying on your first effort only to get mauled because he didn't understand?

Now I'm sure you did not understand the post.
Do you grasp how this works?

The apostles knew the following scripture meant that a Christian did not harm anyone for any reason. Christians followed the Holy Spirit’s directions until Constantine the Great coned people into believing Christians could kill.

) “You have learnt how it was said: Eye for eye and tooth for tooth. But I say this to you: offer the wicked man no resistance. On the contrary, if anyone hits you on the right cheek, offer him the other as well, if a man takes you to law and would have your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. And if anyone orders you to go one mile, go two miles with him. Give to anyone who asks, and if anyone wants to borrow, do not turn away. You have learnt how it was said: you must love your neighbour and hate your enemy. But I say this to you: love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you; in this way you will be sons of your Father in heaven, for he causes his sun to rise on bad men as well as good,”

() “You have learnt how it was said: ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ But I say this to you: offer the wicked man no resistance.”

Offer the wicked man no resistance, these are Jesus’ Words. Does that sound like one can defend one’s self?

We are told to trust God, not anything else.

Do you believe that scripture calls us to individual pacifism?

For the scripture you quote here conveys differentiation regarding the compulsory law of Moses in its old application of violence versus the new application of love due to Christ’s fulfilment, which repudiates the churches or governments burden to prosecute with arbitrary compulsion. For Christ stood up publicly against the theocratic arbitrary compulsion of the law. For He would change the "violent precedent of the law."

A court of justice is different than individual scriptural conviction, and if one is to defend his person from a despotic madman, then where is the scripture that forbids it?

Well said........lol! Tiger my butt, just try and hold down a common house cat that does not want to be held down and see what happens!

Do you believe that scripture calls us to individual pacifism?

For the scripture you quote here conveys differentiation regarding the compulsory law of Moses in its old application of violence versus the new application of love due to Christ’s fulfilment, which repudiates the churches or governments burden to prosecute with arbitrary compulsion. For Christ stood up publicly against the theocratic arbitrary compulsion of the law. For He would change the "violent precedent of the law."

A court of justice is different than individual scriptural conviction, and if one is to defend his person from a despotic madman, then where is the scripture that forbids it?

And just where in the world have you been????

Back