What's for dinner?

It is the pepper I particularly dislike.. Did you know that pepper so influences the taste buds that coca-cola tastes odd? (everything else for that matter)

"Chilli? closer to Jesus?
♩♫ Then I saw the light, now I'm a believer..♬ ♩ :)"

Ah, I perceive a non-believer, ..just crunch down on a Serrano or a Habarnaro.....

then come back and I'll tell you the secret to put out the fire,

...............then tell me you weren't closer to Jesus! ;)

Gene

I can't do this one today, but most definitely next weekend...

Firecracker Grilled Alaska Salmon

196573.jpg

Rated:
4.5.gif

Submitted By: Christine L.
Photo By: PAMELA D. aPROpos of nothing
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Ready In: 6 Hours 40 Minutes
Servings: 2
"A hot and sassy marinade makes this grilled salmon even more delicious."
INGREDIENTS:
2 (4 ounce) fillets salmon
2 tablespoons peanut oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon green onions, chopped
3/4 teaspoon brown sugar
1/2 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
DIRECTIONS:
You have scaled this recipe's ingredients to yield a new amount (2). The directions below still refer to the original recipe yield (8).
1.Place salmon filets in a medium, nonporous glass dish. In a separate medium bowl, combine the peanut oil, soy sauce, vinegar, green onions, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, sesame oil and salt. Whisk together well, and pour over the fish. Cover and marinate the fish in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours.
2.Prepare an outdoor grill with coals about 5 inches from the grate, and lightly oil the grate.
3.Grill the fillets 5 inches from coals for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, measured at the thickest part, or until fish just flakes with a fork. Turn over halfway through cooking.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2014 Allrecipes.comPrinted from Allrecipes.com 5/11/2014

So I made this tonight and I just thought it was okay, my wife thought it was awesome. I can't stand the smell of balsamic vinegar which I think ruined it for me.

My wife made us orange roughy last night. It was fried in peanut oil with a beer batter served with seasoned potatoes and green beans.

Back