What's Heaven like?

So, what's Heaven like? Any thoughts on this?

I couldn't care less about the mansions, being with Jesus is all I need. :)

Ooh I must have a stab at this.

I agree with you, I too don't really care much where I live. Mansions in heaven / new Jerusalem or mud huts in paradise. For me it is the interaction we have with God and others that will determine how nice heaven is.

In our dealings with God:

1. God will serve us tea and biscuits. (Greatest in heaven is the least / most humble)
2. God's door will always be open to us and many / all of our wants and desires will be given (God is our loving Father).
3. God will not force us to do anything. No working hours. No deadlines. We will do what we want. We will be given positions based on God's omniscient understanding of us / or our requests of Him. (Has God ever forced anyone to serve Him? Warnings and speeding events up to get people to make a decision is not the same thing).
4. We will always be in awe of how good and great God is. We will never fully grasp Him.
5. God will always be 100% dependable and stick to His word. He is perfect.

In our dealings with others:

1. Only God is perfect. Angels and humans are not. We are forever sanctified by the blood of Jesus. Angels, perhaps some will fall in the future. I doubt it though as if they wanted to, they would have when the others fell.
2. We will not get on with all others. There will be annoying people and angels. We will have disagreements. We will not want to spend time with some. But it will be nothing like what earth is at the moment. These disagreements would be laughed at down here. When everyone is so good, the smallest annoyance becomes magnified.

Thoughts about heaven can blow our minds though. Just as thoughts about God do. We can perhaps grasp the first day of events in heaven. Perhaps also the millennium of reigning with Jesus and taking care of those on earth. But after that? A billion years after that? I believe there will always be time in heaven, as we are creations. Only God does not care about time. There has to be things to do in heaven. I believe a lot of what we do on earth we will do in heaven. Movies, tv shows, games, sport, farming, pets. We get new bodies, but we remain the human race.

Here's what I truly find surreal about Heaven: so many humans in one place and no sin, jealousy or envy?!

It's hard to believe!

I probably disagree with many on this. But I believe we will commit sins in heaven. I also believe Adam and Eve sinned before they ''sinned''.

We have to meditate on Luke 8:19 Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good except God alone. We, will never .....ever be God.

When was Adam and Eve removed from paradise? When they thought about eating the forbidden fruit or when they actually ate it? The sin that Adam and Eve committed was 100% disobedience against God. It was not 20%, or 30%. Take the devil as an example too. Was he removed from heaven when he had thoughts of the throne? Did God promote him to the covering cherub not knowing what he was occasionally thinking?

Now according to Jesus in Matt 5:28, we all have sin when we entertain an evil thought.

Back