What's the latest movie you've seen??

Tripper: 1/10

I like good scary movies...but this was not good, and it wasn't scary. It was like Billy Jack on a rampage. No plot. Nonsense.

Halloween (Rob Zombie version) - 1/10. Come on. A hillbilly version of John Carpenter's movie. I was disappointed and didn't finish watching it all the way.

Invasion (with Nicole Kidman) - 7/10: I knew I'd get scared! This version was okay, but the aliens that invaded turned out to be viruses from space. Not the classic podpeople in the other bodysnatcher movies. Funny thing is, once the aliens get inside of you, you have to sleep. Once you sleep, you become a part of this Utopian society where mankind no longer holds grudges against each other. These "aliens" release a cure for AIDS that has been hidden, rid the world of racism, are going to do away with poverty...why would mankind fight that? Sounds like the antichrist, to me. It didn't get a full 10 gummy bears because I just can't stand Nicole Kidman for very long; and the science was really too much to believe (overjustified).

300 - 1/10 was vey disappointed. I didn't think it was very good at all.

Rhustler's Rhapsody - 7/10 Watched with my boys (again). I assume it helped with the surgery healing process. LOL Great movie.

The last film I saw was Benchwarmers. It had some pretty funny scenes in it!

My hubby and I watched........

Atonement.jpg
last night. *sigh* It was one of the most beautiful films I have seen.

I have just finished the book, which I actually found quite hard going. And I wouldn't actually recommend (on this occasion) reading this book before seeing the film. I spent the whole film saying......'That wasn't in the book.' Or, 'They missed a big chunk out there!'. Much to Mark's disgust!! LOL.
The cinematography was just gorgeous and the set was perfect. If you like a sweeping romance interlaced with tragedy, you'll love it.

atonement.jpg

Kira Knightly was perfect for the role (as one of my least fave actresses - this is saying something from me!)
AtonementStills3.png

atonement17.png

jamesmcavoy1.jpg

James McAvoy was a dream (or should I say dreamy - lol).
I give this film 9.5/10. and well worth it's Oscar nominations.
I could keep posting pics, but I suspect you'd all get bored!

If I play a sad movie for my wife she would wack me, LOL! I remember playing message in a botlle for her. A love story to the very end and then Kevin Kosner drowns- she got really upset.

Martian Child - 10/10: There's hope for everybody. Everybody deserves to be loved by someone. Sometimes a daddy isn't related to you at all. Made me cry.:(

But they were happy tears.:)

Rush Hour 3 - 10/10 : I forgot how much I liked Chris Rock! They're dangling him over an edge and he's screaming, "Aaaaah! Black people can't fly!" :D Then he's sneaking across the stage and a spotlight hits him in front of the audience and he breaks out singing a song in falsetto. Hilarious! I love the gig he's doing while directing traffic at the beginning. In a way, he reminds me of my smarty sister (the non-believer who's starting to believe):p.

I liked the first two Rush Hour movies but not so much on the third.

I finally got to see Amazing Grace and it is well worth the view.

I liked the first two Rush Hour movies but not so much on the third.

I finally got to see Amazing Grace and it is well worth the view.

Yes it is . I really thought it was so inspiring to think that William wilberforce persevered for 35 yrs. I bought the DVD and am going to watch it again.

I also liked "One night with the King".. the story of Queen Esther.

I saw Fool's Gold in theatres and it was complete garbage. I'll give it a 1 out of 5 but the 1 is only because of a trailer I saw before the film for another movie coming out. What Happens In Vegas. Looks spectacular, funniest comedy of the year for sure. I can alrready tell I will be seeing it when it first comes out and buying it asap as well.

Thanks, Cheezy - I almost made the mistake of going to see that yesterday. Also, that movie (vantage point or something like that?) got bad reviews. My friend almost dragged me to see that the other day, too. I'm not into political thrillers.

Gone Baby Gone 4/10 - Just didn't keep my interest. Long stretches showing nothing but actors standing face-to-face talking. I can see that out on the street.:( Plus, it contains horrible images of cruelty to children. Be careful.

Veggie Tale - The Wizard of Ha's

So what...I've already decided I'm 12, so why not!!! :p

I saw that one too Bana. All the Veggie Tales movies get a 12 out of 10!:p

The Nines - 8/10.

Superbad - 2/10. This movie was so ridiculous, it was funny. But beware - it has a lot of "American Pie"-type humor.:rolleyes:

Don Quixote with John Lithgow & Bob Hoskins...

LOVE it! The faithful retelling of the classic tale without cheap laughs or turning it into a musical.

one night with the king was a decent movie but as far as biblical accuracy.. let's just say it gets about 3/10 ... :)

I'm much more into comedy.. like Jim Carrey .. Adam Sandler... Dumb & Dumber is the greatest movie ever made. .. of course monty python's life of brian is almost as good.

American Gangster 1/10 Gummy Bears: Violent and boring. Didn't finish watching it. Fell asleep on the couch and woke up to the credits rolling up.:eek:

Back