What's the latest movie you've seen??

30 Days of Night - 1/10: If you seen one vampire movie with "matrix" effects, you've seen this one, too.:( Nothing original. There's one part where the victim is screaming "Please, God!" And the vampire stops and waits...looking up. Then tells the girl (they don't speak English), "No God." Hmmm...if there is no God, then what was the vampire pausing and waiting for?:p And, if they don't speak English, how did the vampire know the name of God? It's just a movie. Something I put on while I was chainmailing.

Joshua - 4/10: This kid is jealous of his newborn sister and he's a genius. He wants to live in a world where all the attention is on him. He's crafty at getting his way. It's sad, because his parents are Mr. and Mrs. Me-Gimme-Mine.:( Are his parents losing their minds? Or is it all Joshua's doings?:eek:

Also, in the movie, the grandmother takes Joshua to church. Joshua decides to turn his life over to Jesus. His parents are angry with him! It's quite a shocking moment...

wait now i remember. the tin drum (based on the book by gunter grass)

some scenes horribly digusting, with nudity, and incest! my friend told me the book was nice, and i went ahead and got the dvd!

5/10

Little Miss Sunshine 7/10 - This reminded me of my family. Dysfunctional. Everything bad happens. They're pathetic. But they still find a reason to keep on smiling.

My favorite line in the movie - when they're getting stopped by the police: "Okay, now, everybody! Pretend to be normal!":D

Just saw Juno 3/10

Alittle bad language... I call it a Chick flick... Next time its I will choose the film.:israel:

Perfume: The tale of a murderer 10/10 - This movie was eerily enchanting. The story of an outcast who is gifted far beyond ordinary olfactory senses. The main character can smell things that others dismiss or ignore. He trains himself to "see" with his nose. He sets out on a quest to discover how to preserve the scent of a human being forever, because some women have a scent that is unique from other humans. What he ends up with, the precious oils of 12 young women, gains him something that he has never had in his life. Unquestionable love and respect. It's a haunting story, told in the form of a fairy tale. Beautiful direction, a story that you can't escape from (even to run to the bathroom), and a unique score. 10 gummy bears for this one, I wish I could give it more.:)

I have been debating if I wanted to see crazy Johny Depp in a musical- still it does look interesting,

Into the Wild 10/10 gummy worms - This is the story of the son of rich parents. He finds out that his mother was still married to another man when he was conceived, as was his sister. His father was still married to another woman. So his mother was "the other woman". And now, his dad is high and mighty and acts like he knows it all because he's rich.

Our character decides to seek his own answers, without money or material posessions. He dumps his car, burns his money, and gives away 24,000 dollars in his college fund to the poor and hungry. Then he takes a journey to seek the truth...from traveling down the rapids into Mexico, to working on a farm, to hanging out with hippies. Eventually, the main character winds up in the Yukon, aboard a "magic bus" out in the middle of nowhere. This is an intense movie of introspection, one that can benefit many viewers. It touched my heart, honestly.

WARNING: brief male nudity, sexual situations (don't worry - our main character doesn't give in to temptation), mention of drugs.

Revelation 10/10 - I never even knew Tribulation was a sequel! Or did I and I just forgot?:confused: Anyway, now I know how the glasses or the goggles came to be. Now I know that the reporter who video taped the incident in the sequel was actually an on-going character. Pretty good. And a positive message of hope and love.:)

Across the Universe - 1/10: This was a weird movie. Like Moulin Rouge. Like Rent. Like the whole story takes unexplainable twists just to line up with the lyrics of a song. Like a nightmare and you're glad when you finally wake up.:confused:

Dan in Real Life - 1/10: Boring shots at humor.:confused:

Enchanted - 1/10: Unoriginal.:confused:

August Rush 10/10: Okay, so one movie I rented had to be good!:) Sure, it's a long shot that an orphan, his mommy, and his daddy would all meet up at a concert in Central Park where the orphan and the mommy just happen to be playing on stage one after another...but oh well. This movie was juuuust corny enough to be entertaining.:p

The Secret 1/10: I used to see this book next to the bibles and such at Walmart. So I was curious...never bought the book, though. In it, the author promises to teach the secret to success in any area of your life. Turns out that the secret is this: The Law of Attraction. Whatever you concentrate on is what you attract in your life. You have the power within yourself to obtain any dream you have. It's all within you. Hmmm...and this book was next to the bibles? To me, God is all that I need in my life. Jesus and God...and they're my strength and hope. Without them in my life, I am nothing. I don't have power. I'm weak. That's why I need God. Any power I might chance in my life comes from Him. Not me. I thought this movie was a big no-no, reminding me of Nicolae and Franklin Maclovich (sp).

Title? 1/10: Fiction where three guys get drafted after 9/11. They go to gay bars, hire hookers, commit suicide. Nothing there, not even a plot. :( I recently called this one "Atonement" but I got two titles mixed up.

I Am Legend 7/10: I like dooms day movies, for some reason.:) I don't like the way they make Neville out to be the savior at the end, though.:(

Enchanted - 9/10...loved it!
Dresden - 9/10...super foreign film...historically accurate
Cujo - 5/10...not as scary as I remembered it being

Basic: 7/10 An interesting movie yet I did not like the violence within the movie and the profanity which is why I gave it only a 7. If they would have made a pg-13 version without those 2 then I may have given it a 10. I liked how you get to see different sides of the story of the crime, and trying to figure out what happened ahead of time, before it is explained.

So? What IS the latest movie you have seen?
Why not post your comments here and give it a score out of 10?

We just saw 'Fred Claus' (a little out of season, granted!). It was not bad. A little too much dialogue for my 5 year old to follow, but some funny moments all the same. 6/10

Fred Claus (2007)
Um, I recently saw Atonement!!! There IS a love-scene in the middle that most Christians would not appreciate, but the movie was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO beautiful and moving. However, it is NOT a movie for those ppl who just want to watch a movie and be brain-dead; it's a British-film, and it requires a certain amount of intelligence from its audience. I personally, thought the movie itself wasn't NEARLY as moving as James McAvoy's performance in it!!!! OMG he was incredible!!! He is my new favorite-actor!!! He just nailed the character sooooooooo damn well, and he did it with such Christ-like purity and kindness. He was very beautiful and sensitive and 'Christ-like' in the role. So, DEFINATELY buy it on HD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, my gosh the Phantom of the Opera!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, yeah, ALSO me and my parents recently watched the movie "the Phantom of the Opera" on HD it was INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The music, the acting, and Gerard Butler ALLLL make it one of the most AMAZING FILMS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have NEVER seen a movie like it----it's emotionally-charged!!! I wept for the phantom it was so sad!!! Out of 10 m and m's I would give 20!!! There is no violence, nudity, sex-stuff, or language!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I absoloutely suggest it to ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17.jpg

25.jpg

13.jpg

Hackers 7/10 - it's funny how a movie can be tagged with the latest technology...and then a few years later that technology can be so osbolete, heh. There's a part in the movie, where one of the nerds sits down at a supercomputer and says: "Oh, wow! This thing has 28 kb/sec modem!"

Hee hee hee...even 56k was too slow for most of us.:eek:

Back