What's the word?

AtomicSnowflake

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
I have been wondering something. Are there any of you that are pastors/preachers/teacher/etc, and are preaching or teaching from ANY of the prophets right now?

I'm asking because it just seems that with everything that's going on, I would think we would be hearing some great sermons/teaching coming from some of those books... (such as Isaiah).

It seems that at least one major point that they ALL have in common, is that when we, begin to push God aside and blend into the ways of the world.. he would send a prophet to remind His people to repent and return their heart to Him. The people would go through the motions on the holy days, and simply treat God as a sort of talisman or genie, or something. Is that not the equivalent of what we see happening today? Do we ever think that maybe the fault is not with the corrupt politicians, or the rioters, or whatever other "bad" groups we can name? But maybe we, the "christians", may need to ask God to "search our hearts"?

Is ANYONE preaching the prophets?

If they are, nobody seems to be listening...
Which was as per usual with the prophets...!

I completed a bible study on Isiaiah during lockdown. Quite relevant..although Isaiah is like a mini-Bible in of itself and it's spiritual applications to events are timeless. Whatever happened to Israel back in those days, a supposed 'holy nation' actually happens to other nations around the world too who pay lip service to God.

It seems that at least one major point that they ALL have in common, is that when we, begin to push God aside and blend into the ways of the world.. he would send a prophet to remind His people to repent and return their heart to Him.
With all the noise out there, how would we even know a prophet if one came today?

I have been wondering something. Are there any of you that are pastors/preachers/teacher/etc, and are preaching or teaching from ANY of the prophets right now?

I'm asking because it just seems that with everything that's going on, I would think we would be hearing some great sermons/teaching coming from some of those books... (such as Isaiah).

It seems that at least one major point that they ALL have in common, is that when we, begin to push God aside and blend into the ways of the world.. he would send a prophet to remind His people to repent and return their heart to Him. The people would go through the motions on the holy days, and simply treat God as a sort of talisman or genie, or something. Is that not the equivalent of what we see happening today? Do we ever think that maybe the fault is not with the corrupt politicians, or the rioters, or whatever other "bad" groups we can name? But maybe we, the "christians", may need to ask God to "search our hearts"?

Is ANYONE preaching the prophets?
Agreed that God always send a warning before judgement. What do you think about Malachi 4:5 for surely we are approaching a critical time.
Some say the days of prophets is over but the Word says otherwise.
I'm sure you know where I'm coming from and we know that narrow is the gate.
As for discerning a prophet, what he says must come to pass and God will descern the hearts of the people and make it known - consider the woman at the well...

With all the noise out there, how would we even know a prophet if one came today?
I understand what you mean, there are many false prophets already clamoring for our attention. They are everywhere and in every thing.

However, in all seriousness, I am sure that if the King of the Universe sends a prophet, then he will become known to His flock as, “His prophet”.

How would we know... great question... it seems that has been the problem/mistake since the beginning..

I suppose if we are truly listening then we should know a true prophet through testing/discernment, knowing God's word, staying near Him, prayer, etc.. ...
===

[1Jo 4:1-3 KJV]
1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

We are told in John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

========

So.... we should be able to recognize what the truth is when we hear it.... if we are listening. But, in reality, that isn't always apparent... and as time goes on, it will become even more difficult..

Matthew 24 speaks on deception:
[Mat 24:4, 11, 24 KJV]

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. ...

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. ...

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

I have been wondering something. Are there any of you that are pastors/preachers/teacher/etc, and are preaching or teaching from ANY of the prophets right now? I'm asking because it just seems that with everything that's going on, I would think we would be hearing some great sermons/teaching coming from some of those books... (such as Isaiah). It seems that at least one major point that they ALL have in common, is that when we, begin to push God aside and blend into the ways of the world.. he would send a prophet to remind His people to repent and return their heart to Him. The people would go through the motions on the holy days, and simply treat God as a sort of talisman or genie, or something. Is that not the equivalent of what we see happening today? Do we ever think that maybe the fault is not with the corrupt politicians, or the rioters, or whatever other "bad" groups we can name? But maybe we, the "christians", may need to ask God to "search our hearts"? Is ANYONE preaching the prophets?
I understand what you mean, there are many false prophets already clamoring for our attention. They are everywhere and in everything. However, in all seriousness, I am sure that if the King of the Universe sends a prophet, then he will become known to His flock as, “His prophet”.
How would we know... great question... it seems that has been the problem/mistake since the beginning..I suppose if we are truly listening then we should know a true prophet through testing/discernment, knowing God's word, staying near Him, prayer, etc.. ...So.... we should be able to recognize what the truth is when we hear it.... if we are listening. But, in reality, that isn't always apparent... and as time goes on, it will become even more difficult..
===

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

We are told in John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

========

So.... we should be able to recognize what the truth is when we hear it.... if we are listening. But, in reality, that isn't always apparent... and as time goes on, it will become even more difficult..

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Hello Atomic and blueskies;

I have preached on the Prophets in the Old Testaments - Moses, David, Deborah amongst others and in the New Testaments - Paul, John the Baptist, John amongst others, especially Jesus.

In today's times I remember Harold Camping was a proclaimed prophet but his prophecies came to naught. Mother Teresa was considered a prophetess in Catholicism who proclaimed her messages came directly from God. Mother Teresa was an anointed woman of God, but there are many preachers for Christ who were / are anointed speakers (like Teresa) but we're referring to Prophecy, not a sermonic message.

Many strong or seasoned believers believe Prophets do exist today. Others give a good argument that when Jesus ascended into Heaven He sent the Helper, the Holy Spirit to fill us with God's message or guidance.

The Israelites or early Christians didn't have a Bible to obtain easily and I don't believe the scrolls were easily distributed to everyone.

I have yet to witness a Prophet or Prophetess in these times. In 2021 during our Worship service a woman dressed in pure white walked in and proclaimed Jesus is coming back in 2022! While our other Pastor was giving the sermon I walked out of the Church and addressed her as she was getting back in the car. I pointed how she shouted during our Worship service but she felt justified and drove off.

In 2022 I don't believe Jesus came back.

In my sermons on the Prophets I point out they are messengers of God and their Prophetic message was not only pointed to the
there and then times, but for our times as well today.

What are the applications of my messages of the Prophets? There are many but these stand out; God’s message of His Choosing us, His Agape Love, His Plan and Guidance for us.

blueskies, I do know many strong or seasoned believers who believe Prophets do exist today. I haven't witnessed any, however, I agree with you that should God send His messenger, then he will become known to His flock as, “His Prophet”.

God bless
you both and your families.

How would we know... great question... it seems that has been the problem/mistake since the beginning..

I suppose if we are truly listening then we should know a true prophet through testing/discernment, knowing God's word, staying near Him, prayer, etc.. ...
===

========

IMHO there are NO prophets today. The office of the Prophet in the Old Test. had both a teaching and revelatory role, declaring God’s truth on contemporary issues while also revealing details about the future.

According to Ephesians 4:11 the gift of prophecy was a temporary gift given by Christ for the laying of the foundation of the church.
1 Corinthians 13:8 confirms that fact........
"Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away."

There are NO prophets today simply because what God has said in written down in the Bible. What is needed today is REACHERS of the Word of God so as to righty divide and give understanding to what He has said.

The problem with the idea of a Prophet today is the demonstrated effect of what money does to a man.

If I were to look anywhere, not for prophets, but for a word from the Holy Spirit, similar to the child Samual, I would be looking to the Charismatic churches.

Hello Robin;

Back in the 90s I was confused as to the term prophets existing or not existing. Christian preachers proclaimed themselves a prophet and others claimed they witnessed a prophet.

I was a younger Christian then, but was very active in the music ministry.
A renowned Christian worship leader, Graham Kendrick from Tunbridge Wells, England, ministered to me back in the 90s. During his Shine Jesus Shine campaign he said, "When we are seeking God, not a specific thing, the Word from the Holy Spirit will lead us to what we are seeking."

That sunk in and I follow what Kendrick shared even today.

Love in Christ.
Bob

Hello Robin;

Back in the 90s I was confused as to the term prophets existing or not existing. Christian preachers proclaimed themselves a prophet and others claimed they witnessed a prophet.

I was a younger Christian then, but was very active in the music ministry.
A renowned Christian worship leader, Graham Kendrick from Tunbridge Wells, England, ministered to me back in the 90s. During his Shine Jesus Shine campaign he said, "When we are seeking God, not a specific thing, the Word from the Holy Spirit will lead us to what we are seeking."

That sunk in and I follow what Kendrick shared even today.

Love in Christ.
Bob
Jesús was the last revelatory prophet (q.v. Heb. 1:1).

The apostle Paul had a lot to say about the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
But, he didn't expect the gift of prophecy to warrant church members with the authority to write new Bible scriptures. Thus modern members exercising a gift of prophecy are not revelatory prophets because their prophecies are measured by the existing Scriptures; their prophecies don't possess their own divine authority.

It isn't the members; it is the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit is not revealing any additions to the Bible today and hasn't since the close of the first century. Muslims and Mormons are the people who believe that new Bible revelations were made after the close of the Apostolic age.

There might be unknown to us prophets today for very specific reasons. Who are we to say there is or isn't? All things are possible by our Father in heaven, in the name of His Son Jesus Christ. We might have entertained angels...

Jesús was the last revelatory prophet (q.v. Heb. 1:1).
Heb. 1:1 does not close the door.
What do you make of Malachi 4:5&6?
It seems the great and dreadful day of the Lord is just around the corner.
All scripture must be fulfilled so we can expect a prophet ministry.
It seems plain that we are needing for we aren't ready to go anywhere, we hardly have enough faith for a tooth ache let alone a body change.
We can see that God never grabs someone by the collar and pulls them through the pipe, it is always a process, a preparation and then the ushering in. Look how Jesus nurtured his disciples and then commissioned them. I think we can expect the same today.
God bless.

Heb. 1:1 does not close the door.
What do you make of Malachi 4:5&6?
It seems the great and dreadful day of the Lord is just around the corner.
All scripture must be fulfilled so we can expect a prophet ministry.
It seems plain that we are needing for we aren't ready to go anywhere, we hardly have enough faith for a tooth ache let alone a body change.
We can see that God never grabs someone by the collar and pulls them through the pipe, it is always a process, a preparation and then the ushering in. Look how Jesus nurtured his disciples and then commissioned them. I think we can expect the same today.
God bless.
Malachi 4:5-6 appears to point toward Revelation chapter 11.

There might be unknown to us prophets today for very specific reasons. Who are we to say there is or isn't? All things are possible by our Father in heaven, in the name of His Son Jesus Christ. We might have entertained angels...
People who believe that any living person today is adding verses to the Holy Scriptures open themselves to satanic deception from false prophets who found cults and lead people straight to hell. Jesus warned us about such people in Matthew chapter 24.

People who believe that any living person today is adding verses to the Holy Scriptures open themselves to satanic deception from false prophets who found cults and lead people straight to hell. Jesus warned us about such people in Matthew chapter 24.

We don't know whether there are prophets today that we are aware or unaware of. I personally haven't witnessed any prophets except those who "proclaim" themself a prophet which in my discernment I have always refuted or dismissed.

Hello BibleLover, I am aware of Jesus' warning in Matthew 24 and Revelation 22:18-19. How does this apply to what thenami posted? She wasn't adding, only suggesting.

I may be missing something here so please clarify?

Thank you, brother.

Love in Christ.
Bob

We don't know whether there are prophets today that we are aware of unaware of. I personally haven't witnessed any prophets except those who "proclaim" themself a prophet which in my discernment I have always refuted or dismissed.

Hello BibleLover, I am aware of Jesus' warning in Matthew 24 and Revelation 22:18-19. How does this apply to what thenami posted? She wasn't adding, only suggesting.

I may be missing something here so please clarify?

Thank you, brother.

Love in Christ.
Bob
Anyone declaring themselves to be God's prophet in the present time frame has a .000000099% chance of either not lying or not being deceived. The only prophets that can be expected after Christ's resurrection are the two witnesses of Revelation chapter 11. It's not even possible in a practical sense for official prophets to exist now. We can go hypothetical with possibilities until we exhaust ourselves. It's possible we have prophets, just as it's possible that Martians seeded the earth with human beings, making humanity originally Martian.

Back