When is it ok to fight when not to fight?

In the Bible Jesus shares on what to do when someone attacks you - you need to BIND the strongman first.
Then let God do what He needs to do. Binding is to stop them from doing further harm - in the context, its demons, but this is also why security or police arrest /handcuff or restrain offenders then detain them, they don't just shoot people! or strangle them! Then they are trialed and found guilty or not. That's the way it works. Otherwise people are no better than murderers that take vengeance in their own hands.

They can be, but they are not necessarily always the peacemakers. I think that every case/situation/reason for going to war and how you fight it should be looked at separately and than acted on that information appropriately.

For instance, if you want to minimise “collateral”, you have to go in with infantry. You can be very careful when bombing, but I think that so far there’s no substitute for infantry, of course backed up by others. But then you can end up loosing a lot of soldiers. It’s not easy.

When looking at the whole of the Bible in order to come to a proper understanding I have so far discovered that it’s not that easy. You can know that Bible is true, but in order to know exactly how to act in every situation I think we need God Yahweh and His Yeshua’s Help which I believe would come trough the Holly Spirit.

Thanks

Just remembered this one from David in Psalm 144 -

"1 Praise the Lord, who is my rock.
He trains my hands for war
and gives my fingers skill for battle.
2 He is my loving ally and my fortress,
my tower of safety, my rescuer.
He is my shield, and I take refuge in him..."

We don't fight with our hands, our fighting is done spiritually.

2 Corinthians 10:4

Truth will always counter lies. So that's why Jesus had a sword coming out of his mouth. This is why we are called to defend the faith once given to the saints.

Note: DEfend not OFFend.

Crucial difference. We do not start wars.

They can be, but they are not necessarily always the peacemakers. I think that every case/situation/reason for going to war and how you fight it should be looked at separately and than acted on that information appropriately.

For instance, if you want to minimise “collateral”, you have to go in with infantry. You can be very careful when bombing, but I think that so far there’s no substitute for infantry, of course backed up by others. But then you can end up loosing a lot of soldiers. It’s not easy.

When looking at the whole of the Bible in order to come to a proper understanding I have so far discovered that it’s not that easy. You can know that Bible is true, but in order to know exactly how to act in every situation I think we need God Yahweh and His Yeshua’s Help which I believe would come trough the Holly Spirit.

Thanks

Armies were never intended to be peace forces. Armies/solders are trained and missioned to be conquerors. Their job/mission is to kill the enemy and take territory so as to force the enemy to surrender.

Armies should never be used as a police force and the police should never be used to conquer people and lands.

That way, when war is declared by the civilian leadership, the goal is simple and no one confuses bombing with the boots on the ground as both are after the same thing....Victory.

We don't fight with our hands, our fighting is done spiritually.

2 Corinthians 10:4

Truth will always counter lies. So that's why Jesus had a sword coming out of his mouth. This is why we are called to defend the faith once given to the saints.

Note: DEfend not OFFend.

Crucial difference. We do not start wars.
Who doesn't fight with their hands?

Also rtm, yes, Armies do sometimes go on specific peace keeping missions. UN has not been very good at keeping peace at times in the past( I do t know much about all of their missions), but Aussies where pretty good let’s say in East Timor which was specifically/literally a peace keeping mission.

Thanks

Also rtm, yes, Armies do sometimes go on specific peace keeping missions. UN has not been very good at keeping peace at times in the past( I do t know much about all of their missions), but Aussies where pretty good let’s say in East Timor which was specifically/literally a peace keeping mission.

Thanks

You know, I am sometimes conflicted with the term. We have called certain military activities a peace keeping mission, when they were actually wars. It's hard to believe we have been at war since 2001. Most people don't even know that.

rtm

I'm with you, just not with the "protect our lives, family . . . but not at the expense of taking a human life. I agree about the property aspect, but that's about all. As for my life, that of another, and liberty, nope I am taking arms for those. I was in the Army for 25 years, so it's just in me.

If you noticed......those in these protests are young people. Look like most are from 20 to 35 or so.

By what I see, they are more interested in takeing what they want from those who have worked to get what they have than they are about a cop killing someone. IF they would go out and get a job and work hard they would not have the time or energy to walk around town with a sign.

I am very thankful to our Father for those whom have never experienced the wrath of pure hate discrimination. That is where the term "white privilege" comes from in this country. For hate is so imbedded in our communities it is often shrugged off like it never happens. When I first moved here to NC I actually went to a segregated restaurant. I was so shocked and hungry at the same time after a ten hour drive, I didnt know what to do. Apparently I sat in the wrong section. It was the only place in town serving breakfast. That was in 2001. Read that again. Hate is so deeply rooted and taught in our culture it will take much more than the youth of this nation protesting to break that cycle. It is a cycle that will exist long after we are all in heaven.

If it brings some happiness, and peace let them protest without violence. Let them protest within the confines of the law. Not all protestors are criminals.

No argument from me on this subject. All I know is what I see and it seems to me that when there is any kind of disaster, it then becomes a door of opportunity for those who want what you have so they take it.

Just as there are people waling peacefully down the street, there are those people who stand on the corner waiting for the opportunity to break a window and scoop up jewelry and then go along with the crowd.

Back