When Someone Doesn't Like Your Pastor

The caring, loving church that has been taught well and is Biblically sound.....YOU will know in the 1st minute!!!!!
They will reach out to visitors and show love and appreciation for you being there because they know that is what their Pastor has taught them!

1st Impressions are allways the best ones and they last!
Yes but sometimes we can also be narrow minded and negative too. Again there are people who want to be professional victims. I have met a few of those. Like I said I wasn't there. I can't comment and I can't say for sure. I just know without reasonable proof - how am I suppose to truly know?

Yes but sometimes we can also be narrow minded and negative too. Again there are people who want to be professional victims. I have met a few of those. Like I said I wasn't there. I can't comment and I can't say for sure. I just know without reasonable proof - how am I suppose to truly know?
I believe that you will know within 5 minutes! The Holy Spirit speaks to our hearts in many ways and friendly people make you fell comfortable. But that is just me.

I guess it's different for everyone whether they like someone or not.
If that person only just met him for the first time and didn't like them you who've known him for much longer can say well give him a chance to get to know him.

I think that's like that with anyone you are friends with...you want them all to get along so you can hang out together. Often it's not the person or they might just not like ANYBODY so don't take it personal.

Some personalities can clash and they don't find it easy. Pray for them anyway.

Hello forgiven;

When I was in the second grade a classmate shared how going to a Church Service is like one Big Prayer. As an adult I still remember hearing this and have to say this was an interesting perspective coming from a 7 year old child.

Welcoming a first time visitor is HUGE in the Church. We always emphasized that. At the end of service before the Benediction the praise team would lead a song and I always went back and forth in the pews and shook everyone's hand. When I shared the pulpit I encouraged the preacher to do the same.

It was very effective. Many people come to Church with personal stuff going on in their lives and need to receive the Love of Christ, encouragement, a hug or even a handshake. The Church family cares.

God bless you, Jerry.
Very much like what we did.

We had "Greeters" at the door. When they recognized a visitor, they politely asked their name. Now I had already been given their name so after the choir special I would acknowledge the names of the visitors, and where they were sitting. The we would sing a "fellowship" son and invite the whole church to go over and say welcome or just wave at them.

At the end I would do the same thing and remind the whole church to speak to our special guests before leaving.

Now, if they were "LOCAL", one of our deacon invited that family to lunch on the church. Sometimes it got a little costly when we would have 8 0r 10, but the returns were off the wall.

It made people feel special and wanted!

Back