When the Dry season is too long...

I know some people have experienced this... A lucky few have only had to experience this for a short period of time.

But for me this has been on going since I've been saved with Spurts of God showing me himself.

I really wished I had that amazing relationship with God some had where they hear him daily and do his work and fellowship with other Christian's..

I feel so lonely and God's silence makes it even worse.. not having chirstian friends ...and not hearing from God...

It just makes me so unenthused...

Lack passion... It's just hard.

Feels like a one sided relationship.

I wish I knew what to do to make my relationship with God come alive like other people's relationship I see.

Perhaps just perhaps, autumn oddity, in your understandable eagerness, you may be trying a little too hard to experience that which you desire so much from God.
God is fully aware you wish Him to be, what shall I say......more active in your relation with Him. Do your best to relax, continue reading your Bible and your time spent talking to Him in prayer.

You can talk to God outside your prayer time.... When you are out and about you may see something that catches your eye, a beautifully sculptured flower, a whiff of the scent from a flower.
The pleasure you receive when hearing the twittering song coming from an unseen bird. Tell Him quietly how much you appreciate the workmanship He has created for your delight and pleasure.
You may see someone commit an act of kindness, ask God to Bless that person.
Or witness someone escaping a near accident in this very fast-paced world we now live in, thank Him for His kindness in protecting that individual.
You may hear the loud emergency siren coming from an ambulance on an emergency call-out, ask God to Bless and or heal the patient in that Ambulance.

You could attempt an act of kindness for someone and not get found out about it. It's not as easy as you may think.

Enjoy the sheer beauty of this world, luxuriate in all the beauty surrounding all of us each and every day.
We can all be so busy at times that these free delights simply pass us by.

There is a multitude of acts you could commit yourself to, which in turn will divert your thoughts away from the thoughts and feelings you are unfortunately and sadly experiencing just now.

Again, enjoy the sheer beauty of this world, luxuriate in that beauty and thank God for the free pleasure you experience from it all.

All the above will help divert any sadness you experience into positivity.

Whatsoever you desire, God will give it to you.

God bless.
weewillie.

I know some people have experienced this... A lucky few have only had to experience this for a short period of time.
Luck is nothing a Christian has.
Those who go through a dry season shorter are those who by Faith Continued to trust God no matter what.
They Learned To Rest in God.

This means they are not about themselves.
Blessings

Which is why I feel like something is wrong with me.
Wrong? As in not understanding?
Not following through?
Believing and Thinking poorly?

It's our actions and reactions to everything including our "Feelings" and "Desires" that define what we have become.

When we get tired of waiting and go after things on our own - it only last for a season.
Meaning......it won't even fulfill what and why one went after it.

We must all "Honestly" examine our Minds, Hearts and Actions and compare them to how He has Stated we are to live in Christ.

Problem areas......
All about self
......what I want, my feelings, my life, my needs.....me, me, me.

A Dry Season shows what we are made up of. Ourselves or Christ.
Blessings

I wish I knew what to do to make my relationship with God come alive like other people's relationship I see
Spend more time with the Lord. Talking to Him and reading His Word. If you dont read His word... you will not learn how He communicates and does things. And the more you keep saying that you can't hear Him... that's what you will have. He is always speaking... as you listen and tune your ear to Him... you will hear Him.
Your dryness is due to you've not been serious or consistent with getting to know Him... then you blame Him for what's on your end. He's always there waiting for you.

Spend more time with the Lord. Talking to Him and reading His Word. If you dont read His word... you will not learn how He communicates and does things. And the more you keep saying that you can't hear Him... that's what you will have. He is always speaking... as you listen and tune your ear to Him... you will hear Him.
Your dryness is due to you've not been serious or consistent with getting to know Him... then you blame Him for what's on your end. He's always there waiting for you.
To me I feel like he talks to me through other people who hears Him well. Do you think that's for people who are just starting out in the Lord?

Idk maybe some people have a different walk with God. I'm just not sure.

But I'm trying ...I really am. I'm even going to volunteer at my church.

To me I feel like he talks to me through other people who hears Him well. Do you think that's for people who are just starting out in the Lord?

Idk maybe some people have a different walk with God. I'm just not sure.
God will lntervene in someone's life through others at times... but if we choose to only hear Him through others... it's in a way us being lazy nd the reason why we feel or encounter dryness that makes us feel like God is not there or not speaking.
Let use marriage for example.... would you be happy in a marriage where your husband spoke through another woman to communicate with you? Wouldn't you want him to talk to you directly and hug you with his arms, etc... and not through someone else?

What your seeking in your op... is Jesus directly communing with you on a personal basis. You can already see that even though you say your ok to receive from Him through others... your not satisfied. Your spirit is not satisfied with the way things are going right now. Your cravin more. Your craving and desiring a deep intimate relationship with your Savior. And until you get it... you will keep feeling the way you do right now.

The Bible says draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Jesus already made this possible... now the rest is up to you. :) He's not pushing you away... He's waiting for you to let go of the world and seek Him for yourself diligently. For what pleases Him.. is us believing that He is.. and that He rewards those who dilligently and honestly seek Him. And none of us can do that without Him. In other words... we dont havhave the desire... unless He puts it in us... which He has already done when we accepted Him as our Lord nd savior

But I'm trying ...I really am. I'm even going to volunteer at my church.

That's an awesome start... the more time you spend with Him... talking to Him and asking Him how to live each day and what to do... the more your relationship with Him will develop.

Think of it like this... how did you get to know your your ex? You spoke to him a lot and listened to what he had to say, right.... apply the same effort to your relationship with your Lord.... the One Who desires to take care of you and be your best friend. And if you dont understand something... ask Him to help you, to explain. Ask Him to help you hear Him. That's the job of the Holy Spirit (one anyway) to be our helper

But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you.
John 14:26 AMPC

But when He, the Spirit of Truth (the Truth-giving Spirit) comes, He will guide you into all the Truth (the whole, full Truth). For He will not speak His own message [on His own authority]; but He will tell whatever He hears [from the Father; He will give the message that has been given to Him], and He will announce and declare to you the things that are to come [that will happen in the future]. He will honor and glorify Me, because He will take of (receive, draw upon) what is Mine and will reveal (declare, disclose, transmit) it to you. Everything that the Father has is Mine. That is what I meant when I said that He [the Spirit] will take the things that are Mine and will reveal (declare, disclose, transmit) it to you.
John 16:13‭-‬15 AMPC

This is Who lives inside you :) Glory To God!

So how do you know what "other people" say is of God or Truly For You if you are not Hearing for yoyrself Already ?

You must learn to Hear God for yourself otherwise you will try this or that all in the name of "other people" told me.

This is extremely true. Which is why I'm kind of wary... and why I feel I need to hear him for myself. However, from the people who have talked to me ect... I feel I have gotten confirmation myself so I can trust it.

But I know it shouldn't be an everyday thing.

You know when things basically match up with what youre experiencing or going through
No Mam that's just circumstances.
Confirmation comes from within as The Holy Spirit gives you a witness. Confirmation from God will Always line up with His Word and What He has Already Told You.

The enemy the devil uses situations as confirmation.
Blessings

Back