When to wait in faith and when to ask for help?

I am currently in the middle of a major situation that is seems to be getting more and more desperate with each passing day because it is extremely time sensitive. I am doing my best to keep my faith in God, that He will come through for me somehow because He promises in His word that He will provide for my needs. The issue that I am struggling with is: whether to just wait on God to come through or to reach out to people to help me out of this situation. I feel like if I ask people for help that I am not displaying faith in God but am relying on the arm of flesh. I don't know if my thinking is twisted in this or not, that is why I am asking for advice.

Mykuhl Hello,
I have been there before. What works best for me is to pray about asking for help. Sometimes it is God moving that allows some one to help. I had a situation which I needed 1300 dollars or we were out on the streets and so forth. This started from a bank account getting messed up and shorted rent by about 20 dollars. They would not wait and filed eviction and then lawyer papers and court papers came fluding in.

I prayed and prayed and felt God say He had this and then court time came. No help in sight. Judge treated me with more respect then any one else and went out of her way to make sure things were on the up and up and got on the rep for the complex. Used me as an example to others. ( good one ) in the end though I had to have now 1300 dollars in a few days or stuff would be tossed and family on the street in the winter.

I kept trusting God and still knew he was saying it was ok and get this..........God started blessing us with new furniture to us any way. Big TV and couch and so much more. OK being evicted in days and you are sending me big stuff. Talk about building your house in the storm.

Well I had some ideas about asking a person for the money but it would take God to make that happen. So in a crunch I called and talked to them. A day later I was sent 1300 dollars. I felt bad for borrowing it but felt relieved I was not on the street. I prayed about it again and still felt as if God said it was Him.

I said all this Mykuhl because sometimes using faith means doing something we do not want to do. The devil will get in there and play on your emotions and play both sides of the situation for and against you.

Pray and ask and settle. Asking for help is not lack of faith. Some one has faith God will heal them but if they get a bullet in their head They would want to go to the hospital.
I hope this helps my friend
God Bless
Jim

Although I agree that refusing to ask for help can be prideful and I will even admit that that might be part of the reason why I don't want to ask, but in all honesty I don't see how someone can show faith in God if they act and take the same steps as any unbeliever would. We are called to walk by faith not by sight.
I understand completely. Follow your heart, and do as God leads you. You are a blessing to me - I learn s lot from your posts. Let us know how things go for you.

I fully understand! I have done the same thing and just the other day i was persecuted violently for it, like in times past.

The devil is trying to use fear to cripple your faith. So if you truly trust in God's love for you....and you truly have peace to wait on the Lord then get rid of the worry. Get in the Word of God and surround yourself with the scriptures that strengthen your faith. Because as it stands right now....you are wavering (james 1:6) and that will bring about the disappointment that your worried about.

Read James 1:5
Mark 11:22-25
Hebrews 11
Romans 4:20-25 the whole chapter is on faith
See, the problem is that I don't have peace about this. I don't know what to do. I REALLY want to stand in faith and trust that God will come through...I want to have peace but I am scared. I guess I just don't have completed confidence in God and His promises. I desperately want to but there is a part of me that still doubts. [emoji20]

See, the problem is that I don't have peace about this. I don't know what to do. I REALLY want to stand in faith and trust that God will come through...I want to have peace but I am scared. I guess I just don't have completed confidence in God and His promises. I desperately want to but there is a part of me that still doubts. [emoji20]

Faith for the big things is something that is developed over time. That's why the Bible in 1 john talks about perfect love ......which is love that is perfected or learned......casts out fear. So don't be to hard on yourself. Maybe you have not received an answer because God is waiting on you to let go of the fear. Or because of the worry you cannot hear what He is saying. Get with the Lord and take communion. Confirm your trust and your making the Word final authority. Then get into the Word of God and just spend time with God. Thanking Him for taking wonderful care of you and for the answer and wisdom to know what to do. And no matter what don't speak the doubt, or the worry. Only faith and the Word of God. Ask Him for Scriptures to stand on and if you feel the fear....then kick it out and refuse to think it. This is one that you have to renew your mind to and rely on God for the answer. Find your peace

I have a story for you....a pastor that i listen to was diagnoised with a serious illness. So he cancelled all of his speaking engagements and locked himself in a hotel room with a Bible (which he calls a bag of seed) and an mp3 player. He read, spoke and played healing Scriptures constantly....then one day he had a breakthrough of peace. A knowing that he had received his healing....now all he had to do was go and have the doctors confirm it. It took 5 days. But the point is that he had to renew his mind to the fact that he was healed, so that it would override his flesh. And he had to get with God to receive the confirmation. To be settled fully. Like Abraham was fully persuaded that God would keep His promises.

Last edited:
I have a story for you....a pastor that i listen to was diagnoised with a serious illness. So he cancelled all of his speaking engagements and locked himself in a hotel room with a Bible (which he calls a bag of seed) and an mp3 player. He read, spoke and played healing Scriptures constantly....then one day he had a breakthrough of peace. A knowing that he had received his healing....now all he had to do was go and have the doctors confirm it. It took 5 days. But the point is that he had to renew his mind to the fact that he was healed, so that it would override his flesh. And he had to get with God to receive the confirmation. To be settled fully. Like Abraham was fully persuaded that God would keep His promise.
Thank you so much for all your help. That story is encouraging. I will do that.

Thank you so much for all your help. That story is encouraging. I will do that.

That is what we are here for....to encourage each other when the day is called today. The basic reasons for a church. Oh and i forgot.....the pastor did take communion also. One of the other things he had to realize or become settled in was the fact that the only reason why God does things for us is because He loves us

Besides you have the desire already....and that is the first step

I want to step back a moment here.................remember that God can even use NON-Christians to accomplish His Will. It is not necessarily true that only thru "Christian" circles, will we find a doorway to a solution. I'm not (of course) suggesting that you give up on Christians for your solution.........just that God has a way of getting done what is needed, even with folks who are not "believers."

Also, I want to reiterate again, that sometimes we must take a "step of faith" in a direction that we believe is right. If it is not, it will reveal itself. That's what Faith is all about. When I sit in a chair I've never sat in before, I have to make some fundamental choices based on evidence. If the chair LOOKS "sound," and if I've seen others sit on it..........I'll likely sit there, if need be.

Do what you think best. If you know what to do, and can't, because of some inability or limitation, see what you can find as a solution to the thing that stands in your way. Be sure you are going in a direction that will give Glory to God, whatever it is.

Prayer is a wonderful and productive thing, and we attempt to be in prayer as often as we can............but it is time to get up off your knees, and move.

-Soupy

Your concerns ring true to my ear. I too have a situation here that is difficult, and am trying to keep calm and trust. At the same time, I realize that there may come a point when I must decide, and take a definitive step.

Years ago, when our youngest daughter was just 27 weeks into her gestation, and we were away in Ohio from CT for Christmas, my wife woke with great pain in the middle of the night, and we rushed her to the hospital.

I was told that my child was going to be born, and they couldn't stop it.
The child was coming "breach" (sp?) and was about 1 lb..

A Nurse came into the room where I was pacing back-n-forth while they prepped my wife, and handed me a form on a clipboard with these words,"If you sign this form, we will do everything huanly possible to save your childs life; if you don't, only comfort measures will be applied."

Now that statement, for some of you, might be a no-brainer; but at 23, that question or option was HUGE. I felt as if the weight of the world was on my shoulders. That child, at one pound, would have a 5% chance of survival, they told me. Did I want to subject a likely dying child to that kind of trauma? Perhaps that child would have serious complications?!

I didn't want the right to play "God," and didn't know where to turn. So I called the one person (at 3 AM) that I knew I could trust above anyone else...........my Dad.

I explained what they told me, and all about the form, and I asked him what I should do. His response was, "Son, God has given man the ability to achieve great things. I think you should take advantage of every possible avenue to save your childs life. I see no ethical or moral issue with that."

I signed the form...............

Sometimes, in tough situations that require more-or-less immediate action, we must take a step in faith. A step that lines up with Gods Word. of course, but a step, none-the-less. We may not always know the outcome or result of our decision, but we go with the best information and intentions we can muster.

Oh, by the way.........that child was a girl (our youngest). She is now 34, and perfectly healthy. She's married, and has graced us (by Gods Intent) with three wonderful Grandchildren! See that?! God knew!!

-Soupy
Wonderful testimony! Praise God and bless you brother..

I am currently in the middle of a major situation that is seems to be getting more and more desperate with each passing day because it is extremely time sensitive. I am doing my best to keep my faith in God, that He will come through for me somehow because He promises in His word that He will provide for my needs. The issue that I am struggling with is: whether to just wait on God to come through or to reach out to people to help me out of this situation. I feel like if I ask people for help that I am not displaying faith in God but am relying on the arm of flesh. I don't know if my thinking is twisted in this or not, that is why I am asking for advice.
I see no harm in asking for help from others.. Faith is not just blindly sitting and waiting for something to fall through the roof.. Faith is putting complete trust on Lord that He is ordering the steps.. Now remember, you are not on your own by asking help from someone. Lord has to open the heart of the other person to really agree to help you.. If this is not Lord's will, He will shut the doors.. Approach with complete trust that He will allow only His will to be accomplished in your life.. It could be waiting for something else or this is the right thing.. That is how I always prayed when I am in confusion.. Like job interviews.. I always ask Lord that they don't select me if that is not His will.. I try to do my best.. but then I don't get worried if they don't select me.. I take it as answered prayer :) That is how Lord has kept me at same company for 11 years now!! I have come across so many job openings with good salary, benefits and everything.. For some reason, Lord is just keeping me here itself..

This is my take on this.. The best answer for your situation would only come through prayers.. See what God plants in your heart..

Yes, I have, but I either haven't received an
answer yet or I can't hear His answer.

God always answers prayer in one of 3 ways.........

Yes,
No,
Later!

Now there are in my opinion somethings which do not require prayer. Sometimes asking the help of friends is expected and most real friends actually want you to ask them for help!

I see that several people have prayed for you as I also have now just done. Maybe this is one of those times?????

Just saying!

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. To me, refusing to ask for help is being prideful. It shows a willingness to humble oneself to ask for help. But you should follow your heart, not mine. :)

In any regard, I will be praying for your situation.

Personally I am of the same thinking JohnP.

I want to step back a moment here.................remember that God can even use NON-Christians to accomplish His Will. It is not necessarily true that only thru "Christian" circles, will we find a doorway to a solution. I'm not (of course) suggesting that you give up on Christians for your solution.........just that God has a way of getting done what is needed, even with folks who are not "believers"

-Soupy

ya know this is a good reminder to not put God in a box, or limit Him in your speaking or thinking or praying. Be willing to accept God's provision however He chooses to send it. I fully believe that God's desire is to work through His children....because as they obey Him...they get the credit. But sometimes there is not a believer that is listening or hearing God tell them to go help....so because He loves us....He chooses to move in another way

blessings

I see no harm in asking for help from others.. Faith is not just blindly sitting and waiting for something to fall through the roof.. Faith is putting complete trust on Lord that He is ordering the steps.. Now remember, you are not on your own by asking help from someone. Lord has to open the heart of the other person to really agree to help you.. If this is not Lord's will, He will shut the doors.. Approach with complete trust that He will allow only His will to be accomplished in your life.. It could be waiting for something else or this is the right thing.. That is how I always prayed when I am in confusion.. Like job interviews.. I always ask Lord that they don't select me if that is not His will.. I try to do my best.. but then I don't get worried if they don't select me.. I take it as answered prayer :) That is how Lord has kept me at same company for 11 years now!! I have come across so many job openings with good salary, benefits and everything.. For some reason, Lord is just keeping me here itself..

This is my take on this.. The best answer for your situation would only come through prayers.. See what God plants in your heart..

As i can appreciate your thoughtfulness, and advice.....there is something that i do not agree with. We are not supposed to be led by Gideon type praying anymore. We have the wonderful gift of the Holy Spirit living inside of us....and we are supposed to be led by an inner witness of the Holy Spirit. So not always when the door seems to be closed should we just be giving up and saying automatically that this is God's will. We should be praying and seeking God, to see if this is of Him or should we be seeking His help and instructions to go through it.

Blessings

Last edited:
God always answers prayer in one of 3 ways.........

Yes,
No,
Later!

Now there are in my opinion somethings which do not require prayer. Sometimes asking the help of friends is expected and most real friends actually want you to ask them for help!

I see that several people have prayed for you as I also have now just done. Maybe this is one of those times?????

Just saying!

Greetings my friend....just wanting to add to your post if i may..... something to remember that in 2 Corinthians 1:20 it ways that All of the promises of God In Him are yes, and In Him Amen, unto the Glory of God by us. So when we are praying according to God's promises....the answer is always yes. Now sometimes we might have to patiently wait for it to manifest, but if it is prayed according to God's promises....then we can consider it done.
Blessings

Greetings my friend....just wanting to add to your post if i may..... something to remember that in 2 Corinthians 1:20 it ways that All of the promises of God In Him are yes, and In Him Amen, unto the Glory of God by us. So when we are praying according to God's promises....the answer is always yes. Now sometimes we might have to patiently wait for it to manifest, but if it is prayed according to God's promises....then we can consider it done.
Blessings

You are welcome to add anything you wish to add. I hear what you are saying, however it does not match with God's Word.

In His Word, God encourages His children to pray to Him and
also to expect that He will answer them. (James 1.5, Jer. 33.3). Yet there are times when God says NO to our prayer or request. Out of 29 of the most prominent prayers of the Bible, over half (17) are NO!

The other reasons for God’s prayer request denial, was it was not God’s will for that request or that God would be glorified more in
saying “ no”. For instance, King Saul asked for God’s guidance and help in defeating an enemy, but because of Saul’s rebellion and
disobedience to God, God did not respond.

King David experienced the same negative response from God after his sin with Bathsheba and the death of his child.
However, sin was not the only reason God said no to a prayer request. Sometimes, He said “no” because it was not His will to
answer yes to that request. Jonah and Elijah both asked God to kill them during some difficult circumstances. God’s answer was “no”! WHY??? Because it was not his will and He instead provided nourishment, safety and help for them. He had other plans for them.

James and John in Mark 10:34 wanted to be in high rank in the kingdom next to Jesus. But Jesus said no to that request, because it was up to God the Father to grant that petition.

I will add to what the others here have said.... with some encouragement.... Hang in there.. Keep SEEKING God's face for direction in this situation. Seek to discern where His Hand is working...

So many times, we expect something to be worked out in ONE particular way.... It's the way we see.... But - that's not the ONLY way it can be worked out....

Pray that God would give you DIRECTION... What's HIS guidance for this situation - not only in the ways you do see, but other options that exist that you aren't thinking about.... Pray for discernment pertaining to His Hand on the situation and the direction you are to take... You may be surprised when you find you are framing the problem as EITHER A or B - and God says "NO".... Eventually, you say "Huh? What do you mean NO? There are only 2 options?" ... If you are willing to SEE - he may show you that No - there are many other options, and really - he is taking you in one of those....

For example... I relocated with work back in 2013. Had a house in the last place that went up for sale on the market... Had an offer on it that fell through and nothing else... Kept waiting and waiting in faith.... A YEAR went by and the relocation package ran out - and here I am, still paying on this house that's NOW 4 hours away from me and my family... Bills are coming in monthly... Payment, electricity, water, lawn care, house cleaning, etc... Add that on top of expenses HERE... It's PILES of money that I just don't have......

On top of that - all my downpayment for a NEW house is tied up in the OLD house that I'm not living in... so I can't just buy another one... I gotta save up a NEW downpayment...

And I had been waiting on God - having faith that He would sell the place... and it's just not happening... We lower the price, sweeten the deal, and everything falls through....

Finally - I begin seeking whether that's even the right direction.. Eventually - I began to understand that no, it's not... I am not going to sell it now, and that I needed to rent it out for a while.

Literally - the pieces fell into place almost immediately to get it set up with a Property Management company. I signed the paperwork with them on a Saturday - and they had people looking at it on the following Monday. Lease signed 2 weeks later and people moved in at the end of the month....

Thanks

Many years ago I was in an extremely difficult position in my business and marriage. Everything in my life was just about to go down the pan.
I prayed constantly but my night times were a constant churning of fearful thoughts that stopped me sleeping. In vain I was running through everything that was happening to try and find a solution.
One night I suddenly awoke to the real source of my fears. Satan had been given total freedom to torment me because of the very real mess I was in. Here I was, constantly asking God for wisdom, but unbelief and fear dominated everything I thought about.

I got up in the middle of the night and went downstairs in the dark to get right with God.

My biggest fear was fear itself. I didn't know exactly what was churning me up because it seemed like everything was on top of me. Satan was constantly playing with "what ifs" of my unknown future. I desperately needed to know God's peace.

I set myself to do what I called "spiritual bottom lining," or at least that's what I always call it. It means looking at the worst case scenario for every possible scenario should the $*1t hit the fan. Unless Jesus was sovereign Lord over every possible future, I was on my own and that situation needed to change immediately.

Before continuing, I need to explain a spiritual principle God showed me, using important scriptures that have been otherwise hijacked. I say hijacked because Romans10v9,10 is constantly used by evangelists to get unbelievers converted to Christ, when in fact Paul's letter to the Romans is addressed to the saints of Rome, not the unregenerate.
Because these verses have effectively been hijacked, most christians fail to understand their critical importance for believers in need of God's deliverance.

Ignore these scriptures to your detriment.
Romans10v8But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Being addressed to believers, salvation in this context does not mean heaven when you're dead, it means deliverance from adverse circumstances.
All through the OT salvation meant deliverance from Philistine, famine and plague. Contrary to the evangelist it did not mean going to heaven when you're dead.
Righteousness is established in a man's heart by believing on the Lord. (Abraham believed God and it was counted to him for righteousness.) However, righteousness alone does not necessarily change anything at all here on earth, that's the role of salvation.
Look at verse10. "with the mouth confession is made to salvation".
Unless we start to confess the Lordship of Jesus Christ over all and everything we do, then we may well be righteous within, but that's where it stays. To obtain Christ's salvation or deliverance, Jesus needs to be on the throne of all that we do. That only happens as we proclaim that truth.
(Prov18v21Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.)

Many people make the big mistake of proclaiming Jesus as Lord on the basis he will do their bidding and change everything to suit them. I regret to say that he isn't Lord if you do that, you are the Lord ruling over Jesus's decisions and making him bow to your terms. It is we who must bow down and let Jesus reign and lead us through whatever route he needs in order to establish his glory in our lives. Only if Jesus is Lord can we possibly experience peace. And I speak from abundant experience after going through appalling situations in the last decade.

The following is my course of action in the middle of that night of conflict.
I had no idea where to start, so I did my "bottom lining" or my list of "what ifs."
The scenarios or threats to my life were as follows.
The bank was aggressively threatening to close all our private and business accounts which would stop my business trading.
Closing the bank accounts would force us to cease trading which would certainly make us to go bankrupt.
Going bankrupt would cause the mortgage company to take our house and make us homeless.
Losing the house would cause my wife to divorce me and take the children away. (She was constantly threatening.)
In consequence, I would be brought to shame before family friends and church.
etc.

My assault on all these fears followed the worst case scenario,
" Jesus, I proclaim you as Lord and Saviour over everything in my life."
"Even if the bank closes my accounts, Lord Jesus, you will still be on the throne, and I will still worship you alone."
" Lord, even if closing all the accounts forces me into bankruptcy, then Jesus, you will still be my Lord and saviour and I will worship you alone."
" Lord, if bankruptcy makes me lose the house, then you will still reign over me and I will still worship you."
"Lord, even if losing the house makes my wife divorce me and take the kids away, I have no idea what I shall do, but you will still be my Lord and saviour."
Lord, even if I am brought low in the eyes of all my friends, family and the church, you will always reign and be my saviour, however you lead me out of it all."

As I proclaimed these statements of the Lordship of Jesus Christ over all and every last fear that had been besetting me, an amazing sense of peace and of the deep presence of the Lord fell upon me. Satan's threats melted away, and I was able to sleep like a baby. Each declaration covered the bases of possible demonic attack, and in doing so the rug was pulled from under Satan. Once Jesus was enthroned, Satan had no chance of threatening me. It was vital to let God be God, that's why I could not put conditions on his Lordship. To do so would actually dethrone him.

Salvation is massively more than heaven when we die, it is however always in the power of our own tongue.
As for my circumstances, detail by detail, the Lord led us through, and none of the above threats materialised, despite the threats from the bank.

Hi, I am in the same situation. Except for that fact that I have no one to ask for help. The situations in my life are completely out of my control right now so I have no option but to rely on God. I know how difficult that is. I truly understand. Ive spent many days crying,some days i've felt peace,some days i've felt fear. I am not sure what I'd do in your situation. Sometimes we ask for help out of fear...then sometimes I think God placed that particular thing there to help. So I understand the confusion. I get confused sometimes too.I am not sure what your situation is and I am not even sure if I can give you advice as I have been going through the same thing and I don't think I have been doing the best job at it:D.

But I pray God answers you soon. I read something today that God will come through before its too late. I have to keep repeating that to myself. I pray that you will soon find peace and you will soon find the answers you seek.:)

Many years ago I was in an extremely difficult position in my business and marriage. Everything in my life was just about to go down the pan.
I prayed constantly but my night times were a constant churning of fearful thoughts that stopped me sleeping. In vain I was running through everything that was happening to try and find a solution.
One night I suddenly awoke to the real source of my fears. Satan had been given total freedom to torment me because of the very real mess I was in. Here I was, constantly asking God for wisdom, but unbelief and fear dominated everything I thought about.

I got up in the middle of the night and went downstairs in the dark to get right with God.

My biggest fear was fear itself. I didn't know exactly what was churning me up because it seemed like everything was on top of me. Satan was constantly playing with "what ifs" of my unknown future. I desperately needed to know God's peace.

I set myself to do what I called "spiritual bottom lining," or at least that's what I always call it. It means looking at the worst case scenario for every possible scenario should the $*1t hit the fan. Unless Jesus was sovereign Lord over every possible future, I was on my own and that situation needed to change immediately.

Before continuing, I need to explain a spiritual principle God showed me, using important scriptures that have been otherwise hijacked. I say hijacked because Romans10v9,10 is constantly used by evangelists to get unbelievers converted to Christ, when in fact Paul's letter to the Romans is addressed to the saints of Rome, not the unregenerate.
Because these verses have effectively been hijacked, most christians fail to understand their critical importance for believers in need of God's deliverance.

Ignore these scriptures to your detriment.
Romans10v8But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Being addressed to believers, salvation in this context does not mean heaven when you're dead, it means deliverance from adverse circumstances.
All through the OT salvation meant deliverance from Philistine, famine and plague. Contrary to the evangelist it did not mean going to heaven when you're dead.
Righteousness is established in a man's heart by believing on the Lord. (Abraham believed God and it was counted to him for righteousness.) However, righteousness alone does not necessarily change anything at all here on earth, that's the role of salvation.
Look at verse10. "with the mouth confession is made to salvation".
Unless we start to confess the Lordship of Jesus Christ over all and everything we do, then we may well be righteous within, but that's where it stays. To obtain Christ's salvation or deliverance, Jesus needs to be on the throne of all that we do. That only happens as we proclaim that truth.
(Prov18v21Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.)

Many people make the big mistake of proclaiming Jesus as Lord on the basis he will do their bidding and change everything to suit them. I regret to say that he isn't Lord if you do that, you are the Lord ruling over Jesus's decisions and making him bow to your terms. It is we who must bow down and let Jesus reign and lead us through whatever route he needs in order to establish his glory in our lives. Only if Jesus is Lord can we possibly experience peace. And I speak from abundant experience after going through appalling situations in the last decade.

The following is my course of action in the middle of that night of conflict.
I had no idea where to start, so I did my "bottom lining" or my list of "what ifs."
The scenarios or threats to my life were as follows.
The bank was aggressively threatening to close all our private and business accounts which would stop my business trading.
Closing the bank accounts would force us to cease trading which would certainly make us to go bankrupt.
Going bankrupt would cause the mortgage company to take our house and make us homeless.
Losing the house would cause my wife to divorce me and take the children away. (She was constantly threatening.)
In consequence, I would be brought to shame before family friends and church.
etc.

My assault on all these fears followed the worst case scenario,
" Jesus, I proclaim you as Lord and Saviour over everything in my life."
"Even if the bank closes my accounts, Lord Jesus, you will still be on the throne, and I will still worship you alone."
" Lord, even if closing all the accounts forces me into bankruptcy, then Jesus, you will still be my Lord and saviour and I will worship you alone."
" Lord, if bankruptcy makes me lose the house, then you will still reign over me and I will still worship you."
"Lord, even if losing the house makes my wife divorce me and take the kids away, I have no idea what I shall do, but you will still be my Lord and saviour."
Lord, even if I am brought low in the eyes of all my friends, family and the church, you will always reign and be my saviour, however you lead me out of it all."

As I proclaimed these statements of the Lordship of Jesus Christ over all and every last fear that had been besetting me, an amazing sense of peace and of the deep presence of the Lord fell upon me. Satan's threats melted away, and I was able to sleep like a baby. Each declaration covered the bases of possible demonic attack, and in doing so the rug was pulled from under Satan. Once Jesus was enthroned, Satan had no chance of threatening me. It was vital to let God be God, that's why I could not put conditions on his Lordship. To do so would actually dethrone him.

Salvation is massively more than heaven when we die, it is however always in the power of our own tongue.
As for my circumstances, detail by detail, the Lord led us through, and none of the above threats materialised, despite the threats from the bank.

Wow! Great testimony!

Back