Where do babies go when they die?

Having sin isn't the issue. All have sin. Believing is the issue. In Hebrew 11 you can read why Abraham was saved. In the bible we read that not only the sinners where punished but the whole family or country. But we can also read that not 1 person was blessed but his whole family. So I believe that depending on the faith of the parents babies go one place or the other.

Why not. Different groups of people are topic of discussion whether or not they are saved. Why not discussing the little ones.
It's not that I like that they are not saved. I'm glad that I am not the one to make such decisions.
Having sin isn't the issue. All have sin. Believing is the issue. In Hebrew 11 you can read why Abraham was saved. In the bible we read that not only the sinners where punished but the whole family or country. But we can also read that not 1 person was blessed but his whole family. So I believe that depending on the faith of the parents babies go one place or the other.

Why not. Different groups of people are topic of discussion whether or not they are saved. Why not discussing the little ones.
It's not that I like that they are not saved. I'm glad that I am not the one to make such decisions.

M

I have to disagree with you and agree with Mr King j

The bible says
Ezekiel 18:20King James Version (KJV)
20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

M
The bible says
20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Did you also read the verses before 20? Clearly God speak about children who could make their own decisions. I have never seen a baby who is a robber, a shredder of blood, a oppressor of the poor and needy etc. etc.

M

I have to disagree with you and agree with Mr King j

The bible says

M
Did you also read the verses before 20? Clearly God speak about children who could make their own decisions. I have never seen a baby who is a robber, a shredder of blood, a oppressor of the poor and needy etc. etc.

Eze 18:19-20 kjva 19 Yet say ye, Why? doth not the son bear the iniquity of the father? When the son hath done that which is lawful and right, and hath kept all my statutes, and hath done them, he shall surely live. 20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

The Child is making their own choices, but............ That child is fully grown man who keeps the law and ways of the Lord. The Son is not in bondage to the fathers sin or gets any curse or punishment for what the Father did Wrong.

Notice the Son (child) is old enough now to do his own thing.

If the Son where under the parent and still a "Child" then the Father would get blame for any done wrong in the house.

If we are born into sin when we come into this world, and thus we are without God and without hope and destined to spend eternity in hell, then what happens to babies who were aborted or children who have not reached the age where they know right from wrong and can understand their need of a Savior?

Personally I believe that they are with God, yet I don't have a lot of scriptural support for this belief. So, I was wondering what you believe and if you would not mind sharing the scriptures you believe support your belief. Thank you!

Sue........the Bible makes it clear that people are condemned to hell on the basis of their sins and their rejection of the Lord Jesus as the remedy for their sinful condition. However, infants and young children are incapable of fully understanding either their spiritual condition or God's requirements for salvation.

Can God judge them even though they don't understand the basis of that judgment? Of course He can, He is God and knows what each of us has done and will do. The Bible does indicate that children are innocent, for example, when describing how some of the Israelites in the Valley of Benhinnom had become corrupt so as to sacrifice their own (innocent) children:

Jere. 19:4-5............
"Because they have forsaken Me and have made this an alien place and have burned sacrifices in it to other gods, that neither they nor their forefathers nor the kings of Judah had ever known, and because they have filled this place with the blood of the innocent and have built the high places of Baal to burn their sons in the fire as burnt offerings to Baal, a thing which I never commanded or spoke of, nor did it ever enter My mind".

The Bible also indicates that children are regarded as being innocent because of their lack of ability to discern between good and evil:

Deut. 1:39............
"Moreover, your little ones who you said would become a prey, and your sons, who this day have no knowledge of good or evil, shall enter there, and I will give it to them and they shall possess it."

There are many other verses also indicate that young children are not fully capable of making moral choices. So, the Bible says that babies and children are innocent, based upon their inability to fully understand the difference between good and evil.

So, since babies and children are considered innocent, one would assume that they would be excluded from judgment and get a pass to heaven. However, does the Bible explicitly state what happens to them? A verse from Job says that they enter into rest:

Job 3:16-17..........
"Or like a miscarriage which is discarded, I would not be, As infants that never saw light. There the wicked cease from raging, And there the weary are at rest.

Jesus has always dealt with all human beings, not just those who respond to the gospel and enter into the kingdom of God. Jesus declares that his thoughts are not our thoughts and his ways are not our ways. The mind of God is infinitely greater than our selfish little mortality. This also includes God's love, and his mercy and his grace and his purpose.
But in the end judgment and salvation belong to Jesus exclusively; he has been given all power and authority by the Father. Judgment by God is beyond our comprehension. We really only know of it in a "theoretical" way by reading the word of God.
"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works... and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works... And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." Revelation 21: 12-15

Here we can clearly read that Jesus will deal with every person who has ever lived in the history of the world and deal with their life choices, their actions and thoughts and desires, their love of others or not, etc. etc. etc... Now ask yourself when Jesus looks in the Books of Life against babies and toddlers; what will be written in there against them? How much willful sinning is a baby guilty of? An adult is capable of a lifetime of wrong behaviour and meanness or unbelief. But babies have not refused to believe the gospel or make other life choices. As the Scripture say they will be judged against their works.
As to whose names are written in the Book of Life that is Jesus' business. For us who get to live long enough to follow and submit to Christ Jesus let us work out our own salvation with fear and trembling.

We may be born sinners by nature but not guilty of sin. Sin according to the scriptures is transgressing the Law. When one has not yet transgressed the law (which happens for all of us very very young) one has no sin being held against them. The idea that we bear the penalty for Adam's sin is a misnomer. The scriptures are clear in the Law and the Prophets that God DOES NOT hold the sins of the fathers against the children (and Adam is one of our fathers). The soul that sins IT shall die (meaning spiritually not physically) because our sin separates us from God (Isaiah 59:2). So new born and aborted babies do not go into eternal condemnation. Doesn't Jesus Himself tell us to get into the Kingdom we must become as little children? Would someone actually suggest He was saying we must become as pre-condemned little devils? God forbid!

Paul

My deepest condolences on your loss.
Thank you Major. My sister lived in Florida and we live in SC, so we drove 450 miles on Wednesday to go be with her 4 girls and their families, and we just got home this evening. We are both tired, and emotionally drained, too. I am at peace in knowing my sister is with Jesus, yet there are many surrounding circumstances which are still heavy on my heart, mainly the salvation of unsaved loved ones.

Thank you Major. My sister lived in Florida and we live in SC, so we drove 450 miles on Wednesday to go be with her 4 girls and their families, and we just got home this evening. We are both tired, and emotionally drained, too. I am at peace in knowing my sister is with Jesus, yet there are many surrounding circumstances which are still heavy on my heart, mainly the salvation of unsaved loved ones.

May God bless you. I just burried my mother in December so I know exactly what you are talking about. I know that our Lord will comfort you as He did my family and just knowing that our loved ones are home at last, safe with the Lord gives us that peace that passes all understanding.

By the way.....I love SC. We go through SC almost every year on our way to Tenn. to vist my wife's brother. We have been rafting several times in the mountains there close to the Ga. and NC border. Just beautiful country!!!

We may be born sinners by nature but not guilty of sin. Sin according to the scriptures is transgressing the Law. When one has not yet transgressed the law (which happens for all of us very very young) one has no sin being held against them. The idea that we bear the penalty for Adam's sin is a misnomer. The scriptures are clear in the Law and the Prophets that God DOES NOT hold the sins of the fathers against the children (and Adam is one of our fathers). The soul that sins IT shall die (meaning spiritually not physically) because our sin separates us from God (Isaiah 59:2). So new born and aborted babies do not go into eternal condemnation. Doesn't Jesus Himself tell us to get into the Kingdom we must become as little children? Would someone actually suggest He was saying we must become as pre-condemned little devils? God forbid!

Paul

Agreed Paul. Those who think that babies will go to hell because thaey have not chosen Christ seem to forget that it is God who has chosen us IN Christ a very long time ago.

Also, that kind of thinking would seem to indicate that the person believing that has a really bad understanding of what our God is all about.

May God bless you. I just burried my mother in December so I know exactly what you are talking about. I know that our Lord will comfort you as He did my family and just knowing that our loved ones are home at last, safe with the Lord gives us that peace that passes all understanding.

By the way.....I love SC. We go through SC almost every year on our way to Tenn. to vist my wife's brother. We have been rafting several times in the mountains there close to the Ga. and NC border. Just beautiful country!!!

Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful and encouraging words. They brought much comfort to my heart. We live near the SC/NC border right off I77. My husband works in Charlotte, NC. We lived in Cleveland, TN from 1986-89. When we found out we were moving there my parents told me that is where my dad's dad and step-mom lived, died and were buried, and that my dad had a cousin there. I didn't know that before that. We grew up in Akron, Ohio, so Cleveland to us was always in Ohio. :)

Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful and encouraging words. They brought much comfort to my heart. We live near the SC/NC border right off I77. My husband works in Charlotte, NC. We lived in Cleveland, TN from 1986-89. When we found out we were moving there my parents told me that is where my dad's dad and step-mom lived, died and were buried, and that my dad had a cousin there. I didn't know that before that. We grew up in Akron, Ohio, so Cleveland to us was always in Ohio. :)

How about that! We go that way all the time to Maryville Tenn. to visit my brother in law.

Keep looing up Sue! You know where your loved ones are IN Christ and there is a day coming very soon when we will see and be with all of them!

Back