Where do you believe is your inheritance in Christ?

I`m sorry if you thought this question was for a personal agenda, rather than bringing forth God`s great truth.
You said -
Now, It look like the question was crafted in order to promote a personal agenda which I hope is incorrect.

You may not realise it but there is a teaching that is gaining momentum, saying that we, the Body of Christ will be ON the new earth. Thus I thought it would be good to clarify, through scripture what the truth actually is.

Glad you have posted some good details of our heavenly inheritance.
Yes, I am very aware of that "false" teaching. It is just as false as is "replacement" theology. IMHO neither one of those teachings are from the truth of God's Word.

The reason I said what I said was based on the responses that were posted as they all seemed to generate confrontational responses which the record shows lead to the ending of the conversation.

Marilyn, we can debate all you want too but there is absolutely nothing in the Scriptures that indicate that the Church, the body of Christ will be on the earth. The Scriptures indicate that we, the church will have "access" to the earth as we choose but not to inhabit.

The great thing about “rightly dividing the word of truth” is the clarity it gives on all the scripture. If we choose to accept the false teaching that the Body of Christ which IS the church will live on the earth, then there is about 100 Scriptures which then have to be removed from the Bible. I for one find that to be an impossibility!

God’s purpose in and through the Nation of Israel is the earth and placing His Kingdom on the earth. That is clear even from the prayer the Lord Jesus taught in Matthew 6:10.........
"“Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.”

On the other hand, God’s purpose for the Body of Christ (who we are) involves reconciling the heavens back to his authority.

The purpose of the Body of Christ according Paul’s epistles is for the heavens. II Corinthians 5:1 says our house and new home is........
“eternal in the heavens.”

I Thessalonians 4:13-18 says when the rapture occurs and we meet the Lord in the air.....
“so shall be ever be with the Lord.”

We are with Him in the heavens. This is why I Corinthians 15:40, 49, 50-53 teaches we must be changed to......
“bear the image of the heavenly.”

Ephesians 2:5-7 says:.........
“Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.”

In the “ages to come” (plural) meaning the tribulation, the 1000 year reign and the eternal ages that follow we will be seated in heavenly places as a testimony of God’s grace.

It is God’s intent for the Body of Christ to fulfill His purpose in Christ to make Him preeminent in all things (heaven and earth) and to reconcile all things in heaven and earth to himself according to Colossians 1:15-20. The heavens will be reconciled by the Body of Christ. That is why we are raptured out of the earth and into heaven which is what we see in Ephesians 1:22, 23.

Revelations 12:7, 8 says........
“And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.”

The reason their place is no more found is because the Body of Christ has filled them.

As always, it is good to discuss the Scriptures with you.

The reason I said what I said was based on the responses that were posted as they all seemed to generate confrontational responses which the record shows lead to the ending of the conversation.
I have reread this topic and the comments and think that people were discussing well and even with some humor. I do NOT see any `confrontational responses.` Perhaps you can point them out for I don`t see them.

Yes, I am very aware of that "false" teaching. It is just as false as is "replacement" theology. IMHO neither one of those teachings are from the truth of God's Word.

The great thing about “rightly dividing the word of truth” is the clarity it gives on all the scripture. If we choose to accept the false teaching that the Body of Christ which IS the church will live on the earth, then there is about 100 Scriptures which then have to be removed from the Bible. I for one find that to be an impossibility!

God’s purpose in and through the Nation of Israel is the earth and placing His Kingdom on the earth. That is clear even from the prayer the Lord Jesus taught in Matthew 6:10.........
"“Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.”

On the other hand, God’s purpose for the Body of Christ (who we are) involves reconciling the heavens back to his authority.

The purpose of the Body of Christ according Paul’s epistles is for the heavens. II Corinthians 5:1 says our house and new home is........
“eternal in the heavens.”

I Thessalonians 4:13-18 says when the rapture occurs and we meet the Lord in the air.....
“so shall be ever be with the Lord.”

We are with Him in the heavens. This is why I Corinthians 15:40, 49, 50-53 teaches we must be changed to......
“bear the image of the heavenly.”

Ephesians 2:5-7 says:.........
“Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.”

In the “ages to come” (plural) meaning the tribulation, the 1000 year reign and the eternal ages that follow we will be seated in heavenly places as a testimony of God’s grace.

It is God’s intent for the Body of Christ to fulfill His purpose in Christ to make Him preeminent in all things (heaven and earth) and to reconcile all things in heaven and earth to himself according to Colossians 1:15-20. The heavens will be reconciled by the Body of Christ. That is why we are raptured out of the earth and into heaven which is what we see in Ephesians 1:22, 23.

Revelations 12:7, 8 says........
“And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.”
Some good truth there that I agree with. Our home is eternal in the heavens with the Lord.

The Lord`s seat of authority and power is `far above all,` as scripture tells us. (Eph. 1: 21) And that is where we will be, with the Lord on His throne.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne...` (Rev. 3: 21)

This is far above where Lucifer had his throne.
Far above the angels,
Far above the city, the New Jerusalem, (which comes down out of heaven from God).
Far above the earth.

Some good truth there that I agree with. Our home is eternal in the heavens with the Lord.

The Lord`s seat of authority and power is `far above all,` as scripture tells us. (Eph. 1: 21) And that is where we will be, with the Lord on His throne.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne...` (Rev. 3: 21)

This is far above where Lucifer had his throne.
Far above the angels,
Far above the city, the New Jerusalem, (which comes down out of heaven from God).
Far above the earth.

All that is agreed to!

I have reread this topic and the comments and think that people were discussing well and even with some humor. I do NOT see any `confrontational responses.` Perhaps you can point them out for I don`t see them.

I think that what is posted can speak for itself. It was my opinion wheter right or wrong. Posts #65 -73 were delated and #75 was a warning.

I think that what is posted can speak for itself. It was my opinion wheter right or wrong. Posts #65 -73 were delated and #75 was a warning.

Posts 65 - 73 were taken off because the subject (tongues) was against forum rules. Lanolin was just asking about them and I replied. We had `forgotten` or not known that subject was against the rules. So NO confrontation there.

And your warning on post 75 is just that YOUR warning because you think differently. And as YOU are not the judge of all we will leave the matter with the Lord.

this is where our inheritance is
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,

5 who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

its in Him paid by him

this is where our inheritance is
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,

who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

its in Him paid by him
I agree, our inheritance is IN Christ, and that will be with Him on His throne in heaven.

Absolutely amazing & incredible. And all by Christ, nothing of us. That astounds me and cause me to praise and worship Him each and every day.

Thank you for those great relevant scriptures.

So you agree that the Lord`s seat of power and authority is far above the New Jerusalem which comes down out of heaven from God?

Our inheritance is in Christ and He is God. Where ever He is there we shall be also.

John 14:3.......
"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."

Posts 65 - 73 were taken off because the subject (tongues) was against forum rules. Lanolin was just asking about them and I replied. We had `forgotten` or not known that subject was against the rules. So NO confrontation there.

And your warning on post 75 is just that YOUR warning because you think differently. And as YOU are not the judge of all we will leave the matter with the Lord.

I do not do warnings!

#75 was nothing more than the comments made in the discussion with you.

#73 was the STAFF warning.

This has become Way too much drama for me Marilyn. It is a great blessing to talk with you and I do hope we can talk more on a different subject but I am going to withdraw from this thread.

Back