Where do you believe is your inheritance in Christ?

Hi Major,

Actually God`s word says - " And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be Head over all things to the CHURCH - WHICH IS HIS BODY, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.` (Eph. 1: 22 & 23)

There is NO word `bride` there.

As to Eph. 5: 22 - 33 that is AN EXHORTATION for husbands to love their wives. The CHURCH, THE NEW MAN has not then changed sexes and become a woman!!!!!

The bride purpose refers to Israel. The wedding feast is on the earth and that is when Israel rejoices at connecting again with God through Christ.

Paul NEVER said the Church is the Bride. It is not in his writings.

The Holy city has been promised to the Old Testament Saints.

`But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.` (Heb. 11: 16)

This city comes DOWN OUT of the highest heaven where God is. That is the place where the Body of Christ has been promised.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on My throne...` (Rev. 3: 21)

Hello Marilyn. I understand what you are saying but that is not my understanding.

The BRIDE of Christ is the church not Israel. The imagery and symbolism of marriage is applied to Christ and the body of believers known as the church. The church is comprised of those who have trusted in Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and have received eternal life which would include any and all who are from Israel.

Just as there was a betrothal period in biblical times during which the bride and groom were separated until the wedding, so is the bride of Christ separate from her Bridegroom during the church age. Her responsibility during the betrothal period is to be faithful to Him (2 Corinthians 11:2; Ephesians 5:24). At the rapture, the church will be united with the Bridegroom and the official “wedding ceremony” will take place and, with it, the eternal union of Christ and His bride will be actualized (Revelation 19:7–9; 21:1-2).

You have confused Israel and the promises given to her with the ones to the church. Israel is NOT the Bride !

In the eternal state, believers will have access to the heavenly city known as New Jerusalem, also called “the holy city” in Revelation 21:2 and 10.
The Church is not New Jerusalem but it will be the home of the church. The New Jerusalem is not the church, but it takes on some of the church’s characteristics. In his vision of the end of the age, the apostle John sees the city coming down from heaven adorned “as a bride,” meaning that the city will be gloriously radiant and the inhabitants of the city, the redeemed of the Lord, will be holy and pure, wearing white garments of holiness and righteousness. Some have misinterpreted verse 9 to mean the holy city is the bride of Christ, but that cannot be because Christ died for His people, not for a city. The city is called the bride because it encompasses all who are the bride, just as all the students of a school are sometimes called “the school.” I hope that helps your understanding.

Believers in Jesus Christ are the bride of Christ, and we wait with great anticipation for the day when we will be united with our Bridegroom. Until then, we remain faithful to Him and say with all the redeemed of the Lord, “Come, Lord Jesus!” (Revelation 22:20).

Hi Major,

I realize this view of the Body of Christ has been taught by some people, however I was taught differently. Thus it behoves me to present what I have been taught for others to look up scripture too.

Now I see you are basing your view on -

Eph. 5: 24. `Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.` That is just an exhortation to wives to be subject to their husbands. That is NOT saying that the Body of Christ is not female.

2 Cor. 11: 2. `For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.` Here Paul is talking to his disciples and wants them to be pure, and saying that he wants to present them to Christ. Paul, however DOES NOT present us to the Lord, for it is the Lord Himself who will present us to Him.

`Now to Him who is able to keep you from falling and TO PRESENT YOU FAULTLESS before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy...` (Jude 24)

No scripture saying we are the bride uniting with bridegroom at the rapture.

There are NO promises to the Body of Christ, the new man, saying that they will now be female.

Rev. 19: 7 - 9. `Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His WIFE has made herself ready. And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen represents the righteous acts of the saints. Then he said to me, "Write, "Blessed are those called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!" ...

The title `the Lamb` is only used in relationship to Israel, referring to their sacrifices.
The `wife,` is Israel as seen in OT scripture.

`For your Maker is your husband....like a woman forsaken...` (Isa. 54. 5 & 6)
`I will betroth you to me for ever...` (Hosea 2: 19)

Our righteousness is the Lord not our righteous acts. `But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God - and righteousness....` (1 Cor. 1: 30)

Thus there is NO foundation, NO scriptures to show that the New Man is now a female.

interesting
I wasn't really taught anything
I just read scripture and ask God then I figure it out in my mind what He says.

Sometimes He prefers to keep things a mystery to me so I will delve deeper to try and find out.

It's like a puzzle sometimes when you don't have all the pieces in place. But you keep piecing them together one by one. I am wary of people who teach and then say 'this is it' when it seems they've only completed half of the picture.

interesting
I wasn't really taught anything
I just read scripture and ask God then I figure it out in my mind what He says.

Sometimes He prefers to keep things a mystery to me so I will delve deeper to try and find out.

It's like a puzzle sometimes when you don't have all the pieces in place. But you keep piecing them together one by one. I am wary of people who teach and then say 'this is it' when it seems they've only completed half of the picture.
Hi Lanolin,

Thanks for your comments. Yes some people haven`t been taught anything on this subject. However because I have been taught by very good teachers, (from the Welsh revival`s disciples), then I think it is important to share and let people look up the scriptures themselves. The Lord has given teachers to the Body of Christ and I so appreciate them and the truths I have learnt.

And yes we need to be wary, for the Lord told us to discern, and thus we check with God`s word what others are saying.

Marilyn.

Hi Major,

I realize this view of the Body of Christ has been taught by some people, however I was taught differently. Thus it behoves me to present what I have been taught for others to look up scripture too.

Now I see you are basing your view on -

Eph. 5: 24. `Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.` That is just an exhortation to wives to be subject to their husbands. That is NOT saying that the Body of Christ is not female.

2 Cor. 11: 2. `For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.` Here Paul is talking to his disciples and wants them to be pure, and saying that he wants to present them to Christ. Paul, however DOES NOT present us to the Lord, for it is the Lord Himself who will present us to Him.

`Now to Him who is able to keep you from falling and TO PRESENT YOU FAULTLESS before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy...` (Jude 24)

No scripture saying we are the bride uniting with bridegroom at the rapture.

There are NO promises to the Body of Christ, the new man, saying that they will now be female.

Rev. 19: 7 - 9. `Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His WIFE has made herself ready. And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen represents the righteous acts of the saints. Then he said to me, "Write, "Blessed are those called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!" ...

The title `the Lamb` is only used in relationship to Israel, referring to their sacrifices.
The `wife,` is Israel as seen in OT scripture.

`For your Maker is your husband....like a woman forsaken...` (Isa. 54. 5 & 6)
`I will betroth you to me for ever...` (Hosea 2: 19)

Our righteousness is the Lord not our righteous acts. `But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God - and righteousness....` (1 Cor. 1: 30)

Thus there is NO foundation, NO scriptures to show that the New Man is now a female.

Marilyn, Ephesians 5:24 has nothing to do with male or female as the body of anything at all. It is a "symbolic" representation Specifically, men to love their wives the same way Jesus loved the church. This means a sacrificial, humble, loving leadership. Paul is not advocating male dictatorship, or female slavery in any way.

You are correct in 2 Corinthians 11:2. I personally do not know and have never heard anyone suggest that Paul is presenting the Church to God. From my experience and understanding of this Scripture, Paul knew that the Corinthians were in danger of believing false teaching about God's grace and faith in Christ. Paul's feelings of protectiveness are given a poetic turn here. As the one who founded the church in Corinth and led many of them to Christ, Paul sees himself as a spiritual father. He builds a metaphor to describe his role in their lives as that of a father betrothing his virgin daughter to be married. In their case, they are betrothed to Christ.

In the culture of Paul's day, the betrothal period was much more binding than the modern concept of an engagement. A father would betroth his daughter to a man to be married months or years in the future. The father's responsibility, in part, was to protect his daughter's virginity and well-being until she was safely married to her husband.

Using that background, Paul describes the Corinthians as betrothed to Christ. They belonged to Christ in the same way that a promised bride belonged to her betrothed husband in the ancient world.

You said............
"No scripture saying we are the bride uniting with bridegroom at the rapture."

I think that you are right and wrong!

I believe that the Bible teaches us that the Church, which is made up of all who believe in Jesus and are saved, whether Jew or Gentile, is the Bride of Christ, NOW. That group, the Chruch, who will be wed to Him after we are raptured and given new, immortal bodies and enter our Bridal Chamber in His Father's House. Until that time we (all who are saved) are betrothed, but not yet married to Jesus.

You said........
"There are NO promises to the Body of Christ, the new man, saying that they will now be female."

I am not sure what your point here is but God said in Galatians 3:28.........
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."

You said................
"The title `the Lamb` is only used in relationship to Israel, referring to their sacrifices."

I can not believe that you would not agree that The Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ is referred to as the Lamb of God from His premortal life through His triumphant millennial reign. HE is not the nation of Israel. Care to explain that????????

The prophet Enoch in his vision of the Savior of the world.......
“The Righteous is lifted up, and the Lamb is slain from the foundation of the world", establishing the lamb as a symbol of Jesus Christ’s sacrifice at least 4 thousand years before His birth.

Six thousand years ago, Adam and Eve were given SKINS to cover their sin. The lamb was a symbol of the Savior from the beginning. It is the pure, unblemished firstling of the flock, and in making a sacrifice there is an act of obedience, freely offered in accordance with the will of the Lord, where blood is shed and life is given.

One reason Israel cannot be the Bride of Christ is because of the marital requirements that God has placed on the High Priest in Leviticus 21:10-15 which states in Leviticus 21:10-15...........
" And he that is the high priest among his brethren, upon whose head the anointing 10 oil was poured, and that is consecrated to put on the garments, shall not uncover his head, nor rend his clothes; Neither shall he go in to any dead body, nor defile 11 himself for his father, or for his mother; Neither shall he go out of the sanctuary, 12 nor profane the sanctuary of his God; for the crown of the anointing oil of his God is upon him: I am the LORD. And he shall take a wife in her virginity. A widow, 13 14 or a divorced woman, or profane, or an harlot, these shall he not take: but he shall take a virgin of his own people to wife. Neither shall he profane his seed among his 15 people: for I the LORD do sanctify him."

The Lord Jesus Christ is our HIGH PRIEST. He could not marry a divorced wife. Also, according to the New Testament, the Bride of Christ is a chaste virgin which we have proven that the nation of Israel cannot be.

Marilyn, you have stated that you were not taught like I have been taught. May I say to you with all respect and Christian love that I have to agree and what you are promoting comes from a teaching taught by Anglican scholar E. W. Bullinger and many others including many other ultra (hyper) dispensationalists.

I would encourage you to visit this web site for further enlightenment................
http://earnestlycontendingforthefaith.com/docs/IsraelIsTheWifeOfGodAndNotTheBrideOfChrist.pdf

? what were we discussing that couldn't be discussed?

If so sorry but I had no idea.

I get frustrated too when there is someone speaking in a language I don't understand, but I pray for interpretation or I think well it's not for me to know.

And I have grown up in a family where two languages are spoken and half the time one half doesn't know what the other half are saying.

? what were we discussing that couldn't be discussed?

If so sorry but I had no idea.

I get frustrated too when there is someone speaking in a language I don't understand, but I pray for interpretation or I think well it's not for me to know.

And I have grown up in a family where two languages are spoken and half the time one half doesn't know what the other half are saying.

Hey Lanolin;

We'll be happy to go back and review what led this topic to merit a warning.

Keeping in mind, the staff does "prayerfully" moderate the fellowship threads and posts.

God bless you, sister.

Hey Lanolin;

We'll be happy to go back and review what led this topic to merit a warning.

Keeping in mind, the staff does "prayerfully" moderate the fellowship threads and posts.

God bless you, sister.
Well my friend.....the original post on this thread was...........

1. On the New Earth?

2. In the New Jerusalem?

3. In the Angelic Realm?

4. Other?

It seems that we have exhausted all the possibilities or everyone is tired of giving their choices only to be argued with.

Now, It look like the question was crafted in order to promote a personal agenda which I hope is incorrect. Anyway, just to keep the idea on track
may I say that no matter what our personal opinions are, Our inheritance is, in a word, heaven. It is the sum total of all God has promised us in salvation. Words related to inheritance in Scripture are portion and heritage.

1st Peter 1:4 describes this inheritance further, saying that we have been born again........
"into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you."

According to the apostle Peter, our inheritance is distinguished by four important qualities that I hope you will agree with as will others........

1. Our inheritance in Christ is imperishable.
2. Our inheritance in Christ is unspoiled.
3. Our inheritance in Christ is unfading.
4. Our inheritance in Christ is reserved.

Well my friend.....the original post on this thread was...........

1. On the New Earth?

2. In the New Jerusalem?

3. In the Angelic Realm?

4. Other?

It seems that we have exhausted all the possibilities or everyone is tired of giving their choices only to be argued with.

Now, It look like the question was crafted in order to promote a personal agenda which I hope is incorrect. Anyway, just to keep the idea on track
may I say that no matter what our personal opinions are, Our inheritance is, in a word, heaven. It is the sum total of all God has promised us in salvation. Words related to inheritance in Scripture are portion and heritage.

1st Peter 1:4 describes this inheritance further, saying that we have been born again........
"into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you."

According to the apostle Peter, our inheritance is distinguished by four important qualities that I hope you will agree with as will others........

1. Our inheritance in Christ is imperishable.
2. Our inheritance in Christ is unspoiled.
3. Our inheritance in Christ is unfading.
4. Our inheritance in Christ is reserved.

I`m sorry if you thought this question was for a personal agenda, rather than bringing forth God`s great truth.
You said -
Now, It look like the question was crafted in order to promote a personal agenda which I hope is incorrect.

You may not realise it but there is a teaching that is gaining momentum, saying that we, the Body of Christ will be ON the new earth. Thus I thought it would be good to clarify, through scripture what the truth actually is.

Glad you have posted some good details of our heavenly inheritance.

Back