Where Is The Love!

Yes!

Another idea that just popped into my head is making use of the programs censor option. So if some says a common phrase like "You're wrong!" The program could automatically change it to something like "I respectively see it a bit differently, but you know what, I love you."

*hugs*

Now that you are a "staff member" you can look back about 2 years ago and see I suggested just about that same thing.
***Hugs***

Wait, maybe it was last month. Heck, I don't remember.

Last edited:
Jesus said:

I'm not singling out anyone, but ...

I find it hard to believe this would be recognized as a Christian website.

Way too often one Member is corrected by another using Scripture, not with love, but rather as a hammer to make a point at someone else's expense.

This air of superiority is not what Jesus had in mind. He's the only person in history who was always correct, but He never used that to beat on a sinner.

Please, please think about what you are about to say. And above all show the love of Jesus.

I agree with you completely! Always have. But in all honesty, there are some who come to these kinds of open forums to do nothing but argue.

They remind me of "Cliff Clavin". He was the postman on the old Cheers TV sitcom. If you needed to know something about anything, Cliff was your man because he knew something about everything, just ask him!

You see HMS, there is absolutely no accountability with these web sites. NONE! A person can say anything he wants in any way he wants because he knows the worst that can happen is that after awhile he will be banned. So what!!!!! He just moves onto another and does the same thing causing harm and bad feelings among others.

Then of course you will always have none believers who come on site just to cause the kind of chaos we are talking about. It is I am afraid the nature of the beast.

Joh 14:22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

I agree with you completely! Always have. But in all honesty, there are some who come to these kinds of open forums to do nothing but argue.

They remind me of "Cliff Clavin". He was the postman on the old Cheers TV sitcom. If you needed to know something about anything, Cliff was your man because he knew something about everything, just ask him!

You see HMS, there is absolutely no accountability with these web sites. NONE! A person can say anything he wants in any way he wants because he knows the worst that can happen is that after awhile he will be banned. So what!!!!! He just moves onto another and does the same thing causing harm and bad feelings among others.

Then of course you will always have none believers who come on site just to cause the kind of chaos we are talking about. It is I am afraid the nature of the beast.

I've not got the impression that anyone has come here looking to "just cause...chaos". I think most people here genuinely believe things that run contrary to what others also genuinely believe, and of course that causes friction.

If the moderators just help us keep the discussion on track, though, I think a lot of that will be solved.

Trying to think of a way to word an example so as not to start a fight - on a thread opposed to such. I've started 3 and deleted them. People are going to disagree on some doctrines. These can be debated civilly. You state your case and why. The other does the same. Swapping out of context scriptures enlightens no one. Repeating the same scripture enlightens no one. If you tear up the Word enough, you can prove any devil's point. If you and I disagree, I don't take it personally. I look at what you have said and test it against what I have seen in scripture and I look at what I have said. If I'm wrong I concede the point (but I'm almost always right - and I am God's favorite, after all). If I am right - then I say why I feel it and agree to disagree (you devil's spawn) and figure that with more study, it will become clearer :). I leave thinking we both care enough to say what we think is true. All kidding aside, I don't think anyone wants to steer anyone wrong. The worst offenders are those insecure enough in their faith, that they have to battle personally for their point, and then change the next thread over.

Arguing isn't against the rules here, and I think that's for good reason. If someone says something I disagree with and I wish to express a contrary position, that's what I will sometimes do. Respectful arguing I don't think is the issue. It's when slurs and names and epithets get thrown around, often in screaming capital letters and with eight exclamation marks.

It's gone, I guess. Maybe we can find it again.

I do feel like threads get sidetracked easy. If anyone sees that happening just let me or another Staff member know and we'll try to correct the issue. Use the report button!

I respectfully request that threads stop being closed because of one or sometimes more who seem to want to cause trouble and cause thread closure on purpose with no consequences. I don't mind debate and I expect certain disagreements - but all members should warn people who are crossing the line, on either or all sides, if they can't stay civil. If you think satan is deceiving you is name calling you should have been here when I first came here when people were calling each other biblical morons and imbeciles (oh wait... was that me? :)). Stop looking for posts to attack - stop thinking every post is an attack against you. If you don't like what is going on in a thread - withdraw (say so and why or not). I don't ever push the ignore button - I read and then ignore (grin). But use it if you are (easily or not) offended. You could lay bets and make a comfortable living off of certain subjects being hot and bound for closure. Finally - some good advice I received here - read and type posts using the HS.
End of rant.

I've not got the impression that anyone has come here looking to "just cause...chaos". I think most people here genuinely believe things that run contrary to what others also genuinely believe, and of course that causes friction.

If the moderators just help us keep the discussion on track, though, I think a lot of that will be solved.

That's OK brother. No one has to agree. I am no authority, just commenting on what has actually taken place.

Arguing isn't against the rules here, and I think that's for good reason. If someone says something I disagree with and I wish to express a contrary position, that's what I will sometimes do. Respectful arguing I don't think is the issue. It's when slurs and names and epithets get thrown around, often in screaming capital letters and with eight exclamation marks.
Exactly.:D

I respectfully request that threads stop being closed because of one or sometimes more who seem to want to cause trouble and cause thread closure on purpose with no consequences. I don't mind debate and I expect certain disagreements - but all members should warn people who are crossing the line, on either or all sides, if they can't stay civil. If you think satan is deceiving you is name calling you should have been here when I first came here when people were calling each other biblical morons and imbeciles (oh wait... was that me? :)). Stop looking for posts to attack - stop thinking every post is an attack against you. If you don't like what is going on in a thread - withdraw (say so and why or not). I don't ever push the ignore button - I read and then ignore (grin). But use it if you are (easily or not) offended. You could lay bets and make a comfortable living off of certain subjects being hot and bound for closure. Finally - some good advice I received here - read and type posts using the HS.
End of rant.

Excellent thought IMO.

I agree

I respectfully request that threads stop being closed because of one or sometimes more who seem to want to cause trouble and cause thread closure on purpose with no consequences. I don't mind debate and I expect certain disagreements - but all members should warn people who are crossing the line, on either or all sides, if they can't stay civil.
I agree and the Staff will be attempting to do just that.

I agree and the Staff will be attempting to do just that.

I for one would like to commit myself to you moderators, that when I cross the line of Christian conversation with another person that YOU send me a PM that says I need to go and make myself a fresh cup of coffee and take a break because I am out of line and am in fact being a HOCKY PUCK.

We are all human and we are all open to adrenaline, and pride which means we want to be right and bring others to our point of view. The fact is we just might be wrong and are too stubborn to admit it. Been there and done that more times than I care to admit.

I support your effort to have a well meaning and happy place where we can grow and learn and make friends instead of enemies!

Joh 14:22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
I'm not sure what point is being made with this quote, but I'd love to know.

I'm hoping the increased Staff will allow us to hold members accountable. We will endeavor to treat all Members the same.

As for non-believers, if they manage to get in, their rope will be a lot shorter.

Back