Which denomination do you belong to and why? Or what does Church mean to you?

I do not feel qualified to expound on the approaches of various denominations and the themes they commonly employ in support, but I have noted a few in passing as I visit friends congregations.

Also, my cognitive abilities are in eclipse. I spend more of my time clearing mental fog, and I may not express myself well. I am still young (sort of) and may recover, but aging is not avoidable short of His return.

I am particularly wary of commenting on themes within my spiritual brothers experiences.

Hope this mental fog is a temporary condition. I'll pray for you.

Your comments are always worth considering. You often bring a different viewpoint which is refreshing.

cp

I do not feel qualified to expound on the approaches of various denominations and the themes they commonly employ in support, but I have noted a few in passing as I visit friends congregations.

Also, my cognitive abilities are in eclipse. I spend more of my time clearing mental fog, and I may not express myself well. I am still young (sort of) and may recover, but aging is not avoidable short of His return.

I am particularly wary of commenting on themes within my spiritual brothers experiences.

OK....I understand.

May the Lord bless you my brother!

It's a shame that people feel that only 'qualified' people can be staff at church. Not everyone has the means to go to a bible college.

the one up the road from me is like $7000, it's not free. If it was free, wouldn't that be better for everyone?

It's a shame that people feel that only 'qualified' people can be staff at church. Not everyone has the means to go to a bible college.

the one up the road from me is like $7000, it's not free. If it was free, wouldn't that be better for everyone?

I believe it is important to qualify people in some way. Paul gave instructions from God as to how to qualify deacons and elders.

It would be wonderful if one could obtain an appropriate education that was free of charge. There might be a way, but it's also a question of trust. Can those who make these decisions trust that you are qualified to minister unto their flock.

A free anything might be better for everyone, but what actually is free? If the Bible college up the road from you was free, just how would that work? Somebody has to pay the salaries of the administration, teachers, and staff. There are other expenses, including any debts the college might owe. Since there are always expenses then there must be a way of meeting them: tuition, gifts to the college, grants, etc. In other words, "there is no such thing as a free lunch" or "For the scripture says, “Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain,” and, “The worker deserves his pay.” 1 Timothy 5:18

I believe it is important to qualify people in some way. Paul gave instructions from God as to how to qualify deacons and elders.

It would be wonderful if one could obtain an appropriate education that was free of charge. There might be a way, but it's also a question of trust. Can those who make these decisions trust that you are qualified to minister unto their flock.
The qualifications given in the Bible are not ones you need to pay for in the modern sense.
Also to be an evangelist doesn't require the same as a deacon or elder.

I don't understand how some young, rich person straight from college and who's never had any other job or life experience, or family of their own can become a bishop/pastor. Basically you need to be a good Dad first.

A free anything might be better for everyone, but what actually is free? If the Bible college up the road from you was free, just how would that work? Somebody has to pay the salaries of the administration, teachers, and staff. There are other expenses, including any debts the college might owe. Since there are always expenses then there must be a way of meeting them: tuition, gifts to the college, grants, etc. In other words, "there is no such thing as a free lunch" or "For the scripture says, “Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain,” and, “The worker deserves his pay.” 1 Timothy 5:18

It is possible online, but there is still cost to develop any program.

I've had free education - the govt pays and we pay via taxes.
The church could pay for it, if the church has funds.

Most students don't pay for all their education because having to work AND study would exhaust them. I've done it, and it's taken a lot longer that way. Thankfully one workplace reimbursed me.

It would be like apprenticeship just as Jesus did with his disciples. He didn't charge them anything, but they gave up their livlihoods to follow Him.

I don't understand how some young, rich person straight from college and who's never had any other job or life experience, or family of their own can become a bishop/pastor. Basically you need to be a good Dad first.

I agree that the education itself is not really enough of and by itself. Just as not all that study to be a teacher are truly qualified to be good teachers. Those that make those decisions must have good criteria, must trust God's guidance and help, and use their best judgment.

Young teachers make all sorts of mistakes that older ones who have experience don't.
But I do believe some teachers are gifted. They just seem to know what to do. Romans 12:6-8 and 1 Corinthians 12:28 suggests it's indeed a spiritual gift given by the grace of God.

Jesus was teaching at 12 years old...

Young teachers make all sorts of mistakes that older ones who have experience don't.
But I do believe some teachers are gifted. They just seem to know what to do. Romans 12:6-8 and 1 Corinthians 12:28 suggests it's indeed a spiritual gift given by the grace of God.

Jesus was teaching at 12 years old...

I think it is similar with ministers, but ministers have the added advantage of God's Spirit to guide and direct their steps.

Here in nz, all state primary schools and most secondary schools are funded by the Ministry of Education. It's paid for by govt, from taxes.
It's meant to be free.

What parents need to pay for is uniforms, lunches and stationery. And extra things like school trips.

Most Universities are now privately funded. Often by alma maters. Tuition can be thousands of dollars a year. Entry is restricted because there were only 7 universities in the entire country when I was studying. It used to be if you got in that it was free plus you got a student allowance, but the govt changed the rules which meant everyone had to pay, and the only way some people could afford to was to get a student loan.

Now with the current govt the rules have changed and your first year of tertiary education is free. Also, some schools, including my own are getting FREE LUNCH everyday this year. Hooray! The govt is paying for this.
A relief because dealing with hungry and tired kids everyday can be exhausting.

There is such a thing as a free lunch actually and its so these children can learn.

They will do school work of course.

Before if you didn't bring your own lunch to school you just starved till you got home, and if there was no food in the house you just starved.

Check it out

Back