who is the lord god in eden.?

walked in the garden,and also give them animal skins to cover them.?

Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD GOD make coats of skins ,and clothed them

:smiley60: in the making of the coats of skins it was God who made and gave them :smiley40: whats more is blood was shed in this , God was laying the foundation even then in the sacrafice :smiley40: God was also teaching Adam and Eve something very important in this as well . Their fig leaves were insufficient :smiley80:
this is often what sinners do :smiley50: they cover themselves with religious ceremonies and sacraments of morality and they are as worthless as Adam's apron of fig leaves :smiley70:

so was it God in body or our Lord.?

:smiley90: good question smellycat
I believe before the fall of man (Adam) God and Adam were never separated by sin , it gets really hard for us humans with limited thinking to imagine how there is 3 in one with seven spirits (God) :smiley40: so the question of was it God in body or our Lord is actually a question of the Godhead trinity I think , now how to answer that question Is way over my head even though I have studied about the question very intricately I would not want to give answer entirely as to it :smiley40:

:smiley10: smellycat if you read AND THE LORD GOD SAID , BEHOLD THE MAN IS BECOME AS ONE OF US , TO KNOW GOOD AND EVIL ..... does that indicate to you ? the Lord knew evil , not by personal experience ? but rather through omniscience ? man now knows evil by becoming evil ? which is the fountianhead of all sorrows :smiley70: in the world :smiley70: the word "US" in what is said "written" signifies the Godhead God the Father God the Son and God the Holy spirit

God furnished the coats , just as God furnished salvation
salvation is of God and not man the life of Christ given on the cross and given as our substitute provides the only covering for sin , everything else must be rejected

:smiley40: read on to the other verse that states " And Now lest he put forth his hand ,and take also of the tree of life, and eat , and live forever

that would have been the worst :smiley80: imagine that man once he knew evil living forever :smiley80:

it dependes how to take eden,as literally,or an explaination.eden is not described as heaven.see God doesn,t tempt.?but when i read genesis 2,not only is there a temptation but refrence to gold etc.

:smiley40: do you see ? even in the expulsion from the garden that God was showing a act of mercy ? why do I say this ?
because man once he knew evil ,if he would have eaten of the tree of life he would have only of been perpetuating his misery :smiley70: can you imagine a Jeffery domer living forever ? :smiley80: or Hitler ? :smiley80: You see even when God drove Adam and Eve out of the garden to prevent them from what they would have done case being they began then to die once they had sinned and eaten of the forbidden fruit that God told them in the day you eat ther of "YOU SHALL SURELY DIE"

God was being merciful by NOT aloowing them to remain in the Garden :smiley70: Isn't that something even the expulsion was a act of mercy God showed toward man :smiley40: Glory be to God , God is always working for man's best out come ALWAYS , even when man thinks not :smiley40:

it dependes how to take eden,as literally,or an explaination.eden is not described as heaven.see God doesn,t tempt.?but when i read genesis 2,not only is there a temptation but refrence to gold etc.

That is very intresting smellycat Gold is also mentioned last in the Bible when it speaks of New Jerusalem which were told is "Pure Gold" that is found in Revelations 21:21

I believe it explains Eden was not a explanation Eden :smiley90:

:smiley90: If you will read Revelations 2:7 and then also read 22:2 there is your answer for it tells you that Christ now is our tree of life :smiley90: and He is also THE BREAD OF LIFE that is found in John chapter six :48-51 :smiley90:

there is your answer smellycat :smiley90:

:smiley90: God stopped Adam from eating from the tree of life once Adam had become beguiled by the subtle serpent that spoke to Eve and he showed mercy in stopping Adam , why because the worst would have been for evil man to live forever and perpetuate continual seperation from God , God had told Adam in the day he ate of the forbidden he would surely die , yet if you read what God did when he effected his plan and sent Jesus Christ and how he dies on a tree , for our sins you can also see who Christ is in REVELATIONS :smiley90: you must understand Genesis to read Revelations and comprehend it and see how in Revelations Christ is now to us the tree of life ?

:smiley40: Is the tree of life for us in Revelations the one and the same as the bread of life found in John ? Is there a separation in anything God does ?
there is only seperations from man and how man thinks
God REVEALED TO MAN :smiley90: the Holy Spirit bears witness of what God does to man so he can understand through the word in the beginning was what ?
and what is the end ?

Revelations 2:7 and then also read 22:2 there is your answer for it tells you that Christ now is our tree of life :smiley90: and He is also THE BREAD OF LIFE that is found in John chapter six :48-51

there is your answer smellycat

:smiley40: ok when it states in Revelations he who has a ear to hear let him hear what the spirit says unto the churches

the CHURCH must come back to the cross , the cross of Christ Jesus our Lord and savior ,that is what the Holy spirit is saying :smiley40: to Him who overcomes will I give to eat of the tree of life ,which is in the midst of the paradise of God
the Christian can be a over comer only by placing his FAITH EXCLUSIVELY IN THE CROSS and CHRIST JESUS which gives the Holy Spirit ability to work

actually if you read on down in Revelations you get a better understanding if you read it side by side of Genesis but you must read the two together when it says in Revelations
" these things says the first and the last , what does that indicate to you ? if you consider Genesis ?

:smiley90: Jesus Christ is the beginning of things in referring to creator and the end of all things refering to his total and complete control

" WHICH IS DEAD AND IS ALIVE " in Revelations this REVEALS that it refers to the CROSS and the RESURRECTION :smiley90: see it ? now read Genesis two again :smiley90: you will get it

:smiley40: the Holy spirit is saying to these churches in Revelations that the church must come back to the cross

notice how the Nicolaitanes are refered to in Revelations

now that i understand,Christ is the way and the life.:smiley90:

:smiley90: yes ! and AMEN TO THAT , it is what was done at the cross of Christ Jesus our savior that over comes the sin nature Just as Paul explains in the book of Romans one of the most important books of the Bible , God does not want people placing there faith in something else ,because God knows from Genesis to revelations that it would be HIS PERFECT SACRAFICE ONLY that would save mankind from all the self inflicted nonsense of sin so you see on the cross Jesus the Christ become our tree of life because he was put to death and on a tree for us :smiley70: If that is not LOVE :smiley70: such GREAT LOVE GIVEN FROM GOD THE FATHER GOD THE SON AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT 3 in one and seven spirits :smiley90: hard for man to grasp it all but was always God working and doing it ALL

Back