Why Are Some Christian People So Judgemental/rude/stuck Up?

It's sir.
For some reason I always assume mods are female unless they say otherwise. Not sure why.
I've been going to the same church for 10 years since I was a little boy.... everyone in there knows me. I dress always with dress pants and a dress shirt.... tattoos always covered and piercings taken out. Maybe I need to be more patient well see.
It's ridiculous to even have to be covered up, unless they are vulgar or something.
Agreed yea I pray everyday for this. I defiantly have some great Christian friends ..... never find any girls that practice faith though.... than again in my age group its really hard lol most people are more interested in partying and getting drunk
Yeah, most people our age aren't interested in any of this stuff. I'm glad that you're really trying to get closer to Christ.

We do have to be discriminating about who we "hang" with. Jesus was known to associate with the ungodly, and was reviled for it, too. But His friends were His followers, those who had a love for Him.

Psalm 1:1-3 (NLT)
Oh, the joys of those who do not
follow the advice of the wicked,
or stand around with sinners,
or join in with mockers.
2 But they delight in the law of the Lord,
meditating on it day and night.
3 They are like trees planted along the riverbank,
bearing fruit each season.
Their leaves never wither,
and they prosper in all they do.
Isnt that wrong though? Shouldn't we accept everyone ?

Unfortunately some Christians consider themselves to be "the righteousness of God". In other words they are holier than thou.

Instead of have a humble heart as Jesus thought us to have they tend to be egotistical.

You should always be humble and forgive them for being self centered. Pray that God will reveal their egoism to them.
Yea spot on I think this is exactly how most of these people are. Boggles my mind how they read the bible everyday and ignore someone when they compliment them or ask them a question lol.

Yea they do .... a lot of these girls who treat me like this went to my high school or live in my city and I know them. However they should know not to be so quick to judge.

I doubt that these girls are being quick to judge. They could very well be using Godly discernment, for which you need to give them high regard.

Last edited:
For some reason I always assume mods are female unless they say otherwise. Not sure why.

It's ridiculous to even have to be covered up, unless they are vulgar or something.

Yeah, most people our age aren't interested in any of this stuff. I'm glad that you're really trying to get closer to Christ.
Thanks bro.... yeah I promise you if I went to church in a tank top... lots of people would be pointing fingers lol. I go to an Arabic church and they are very judgmental .... also they gossip a lot. So many of them go their just to see they're friends and chat/drink coffee after church is over. Its sad really. Like for example one girl will point to the other and say "omg look what shes wearing" stuff like that

Thanks bro.... yeah I promise you if I went to church in a tank top... lots of people would be pointing fingers lol. I go to an Arabic church and they are very judgmental .... also they gossip a lot. So many of them go their just to see they're friends and chat/drink coffee after church is over. Its sad really. Like for example one girl will point to the other and say "omg look what shes wearing" stuff like that
It's that kind of superficial behavior that makes me uncomfortable in church. Everyone should be accepted with open arms. I don't see how we can expect others to come to church when the church won't let them come the way they are.

Isnt that wrong though? Shouldn't we accept everyone ?

No, it isn't wrong in any way. We can love everyone, but we don't have to accept what they do---or join in with them. When one comes to Christ, eventually he will come to a crossroads where God will actually begin to deal with the person's relationships. Sometimes God cuts them right off at the pass (the unbelieving friends may dump him), and other friendships, He influences the believer to step away from. We are not to be friends with just anyone and everyone. We can be friendly, but we must be really discriminating about who our friends are.

We can befriend someone who is not saved for the purposes of leading them to Christ as the Lord leads, but if the person remains resistant, then we need to move on. Godly friendships are what God wants for us for our benefit.

Last edited:
No, it isn't wrong in any way. We can love everyone, but we don't have to accept what they do---or join in with them. When one comes to Christ, eventually he will come to a crossroads where God will actually begin to deal with the person's relationships. Sometimes God cuts them right off at the pass (the unbelieving friends may dump him), and other friendships, He influences the believer to step away from. We are not to be friends with just anyone and everyone. We can be friendly, but we must be really discriminating about who our friends are.

We can befriend someone who is not saved for the purposes of leading them to Christ as the Lord leads, but if the person remains resistant, then we need to move on. Godly friendships are what God wants for us for our benefit.
See, I don't know if I see it that way. The longer you're friends with someone the more they see Christ's love through you. I'd continue to be someone's friend regardless. It doesn't mean that I participate in their possibly sinful activities, but rather show them the light through my love for them. If all the lights leave in a sinful person's life how can they find their way?

See, I don't know if I see it that way. The longer you're friends with someone the more they see Christ's love through you. I'd continue to be someone's friend regardless. It doesn't mean that I participate in their possibly sinful activities, but rather show them the light through my love for them. If all the lights leave in a sinful person's life how can they find their way?

Absolutely people need to be seeing the love of Christ in us, but if those we befriend for the sake of Christ remain completely closed off and resistant to the gospel, we need to sometimes shake the dust off our feet and move on to people whose hearts God has actually prepared to receive the truth joyfully. That's biblical! It is much better allowing God to lead us in relationships than finding them on our own.

This falls in line with the parable of the sower, one of my faves. The sower's target is to tilled ground, well-prepared for seed. We should be trusting God to be preparing the hearts of those we rub shoulders with, but be ready to move on when you have much resistance. Our time is precious.

Last edited:
Absolutely people need to be seeing the love of Christ in us, but if those we befriend for the sake of Christ remain completely closed off and resistant to the gospel, we need to sometimes shake the dust off our feet and move on to people whose hearts God has actually prepared to receive the truth joyfully. That's biblical! It is much better allowing God to lead us in relationships than finding them on our own.

This falls in line with the parable of the sower, one of my faves. The sower's target is to tilled ground, well-prepared for seed. We should be trusting God to be preparing the hearts of those we rub shoulders with, but be ready to move on when you have much resistance. Our time is precious.
I don't agree. Every soul is worth the work, even if it takes years to chip away at the hard layer around their heart.

I don't think the evangelist is concerned about hard work, I think they are concerned with opportunity cost. "Every hour I spend banging my head against this persons spiritual walls is an hour I could have spent talking with someone who both needs and is ready to respond to the gospel." In that line of thought it's not about a soul being worth work, it's about one hard ministry target monopolizing time that could bless others in need who are ready.

That said, in an early church model with no phones or email or cars you had a pretty stratified circle of influence unless you were called to be a traveling evangelist. Your calling was to love the church "by this all men will know that you are My disciples, that you love one another" and then to buckle down and love your neighbors and enemies for the long term.

I don't think the evangelist is concerned about hard work, I think they are concerned with opportunity cost. "Every hour I spend banging my head against this persons spiritual walls is an hour I could have spent talking with someone who both needs and is ready to respond to the gospel." In that line of thought it's not about a soul being worth work, it's about one hard ministry target monopolizing time that could bless others in need who are ready.

That said, in an early church model with no phones or email or cars you had a pretty stratified circle of influence unless you were called to be a traveling evangelist. Your calling was to love the church "by this all men will know that you are My disciples, that you love one another" and then to buckle down and love your neighbors and enemies for the long term.

I agree with the last part of your post. Now we are pretty much in constant contact with people. I feel like it's lazy not to check on people even if they don't seem to be receptive, especially in an environment like these forums or Facebook. Sometimes simply checking on people means so much, even if they don't acknowledge it.

I don't agree. Every soul is worth the work, even if it takes years to chip away at the hard layer around their heart.

We need to be available to be an influence to everyone we meet, but as far as spending our time with people and sharing our lives, they need to be people that God has placed there. You can't be a good farmer if you keep sowing your valuable seed on gravel. No fruit comes from that. The good, tilled ground is sitting there waiting. It's all about Godly wisdom.

We need to be available to be an influence to everyone we meet, but as far as spending our time with people and sharing our lives, they need to be people that God has placed there. You can't be a good farmer if you keep sowing your valuable seed on gravel. No fruit comes from that. The good, tilled ground is sitting there waiting. It's all about Godly wisdom.
I know you think I have none of that Godly wisdom, but I don't really care. I don't dump people when an extra week could have brought them around.

The discussion I was referring too was about saving souls.

I see. Well, I agree with that.

Of course the parable of the sower is my favourite and there is a lot of wisdom in that about sowing the seed of the word. It's God's methods that are paramount.

Back