Why Are There Mega Churches?

There is no prohabition against praying for the offering but my thought was to the time you mentioned, at the invitation.
That seems very odd to me.

I would want the last thing said or spoken to in a worship service to be about the Lord Jesus Christ, not money or an offering.

Now that makes sense :). Once everyone who has accepted Christ leaves to alter call, that is when prayer for offering occurs.

Wowo Tink....

Don't know what to say to that-BUT there could be other 'things' included in his 'Salary'. Also, how much does he 'give back' or donate? I would think in CA a humble Pastor could get by on 500K-750K. I tell you right now if we had that kind of dough-we'd be building a Bible College. Could be he is investing in future projects like the building of new church buildings. Hard to say without being a member of the board....

It would be nice to think 23 mil is going out to the missions field-that would probably pay for most of the 25K missionaries in foreign lands for a few months anyway. (estimates vary)

The nice thing about our Pastor is he likes to keep things 'real' while applying the Word to our human condition. Quite frankly I don't know how he is surviving on his current salary with 5 kids: 26K a year. (On top of that he tithes and and has refused at least a third of his paychecks this year alone to cover church ministries) In my opinion he should be getting twice that, but our little church can't afford that right now-that's nearly 25% of our budget already. And we are only sending about 12% to 'missions'. If he has his way, we would be sending about 50% to missions. He is very Gospel delivery driven-which any Pastor worth his salt should be.

God bless my Pastor and his family, keep him safe and wise; prohibit him from falling as so many others have in these days. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ; AMEN.

They have a campaign and tighing at the same time. The campaign is to gather money for opening the new churches. They also have a school, and a program for adults. They do volunterring and have a plethora of ministries. I saw in their annual report that 42% of the funds for tihing went towards "Personell" (workers, school, etc.).

NOPE!

I would suggest that it be sometime BEFORE the sermon is given.

I think they probably feel it's more impactful after, since the sermon has been given and people perhaps feel more "moved" to give. It's envelops, not a bag that are handed around, so people just drop them in a box or tithe online.

I think they probably feel it's more impactful after, since the sermon has been given and people perhaps feel more "moved" to give. It's envelops, not a bag that are handed around, so people just drop them in a box or tithe online.

By doing that......the last thing a person remembers agter leaving the church is NOT the worship service but the passing of the offering plate,

Now, are we told to go to church to worship the living God or to take of an offering.

By doing that......the last thing a person remembers agter leaving the church is NOT the worship service but the passing of the offering plate,

Now, are we told to go to church to worship the living God or to take of an offering.
Hi Major,
At Silver Springs Baptist the offering is taken after the Invitation and as a Christian and that was the custom before I was led into service there. I was uncomfortable with the practice in the beginning but as I entered service there I was told it was done that way for the comfort of visitors... to relieve the pressure on them. When I joined the membership was just under three hundred with about one to one twenty-five on any given Sunday and about thirty on Wednesdays. We have a recently built Sanctuary and class rooms that are built for three hundred, in attendance and is almost paid for.

By practical reasoning, the attendance should no0t have been able to discharge the debt and keep the maintenance costs paid, and yet we did. With our new Pastor, Scott, the membership is growing, due to salvations and seekers joining. I believe a great deal of what the folks remember about the service has to do with how the Music Director and the Pastor lead the Service. Brother Scott is a preacher/teacher that digs into the tough scriptures that teach against all of the sins and if you did not read the sign, outside, you would be led to think you were in a Pentecostal Service. Folks are raising their hands in worship and Amening the preaching.

As we are entering the Summer, we are receiving more than the budget and without a drive or hard concentration on the finances. I know that when I come home, money is the last thing on my mind and that appears to be the case for all of the folks there.

I am very blessed to hear that your church is growing. It certainly is not the case in the majority of churches.
No, it's sad in one way and such a blessing in another. The catholic (Universal) church is not growing but appears to be in the midst of the final falling away and at the same time if we look at Asia, thousands a day are being saved, due to the persecution of the Church, indicating that the Tribulation and Rapture (the Catching Away) are imminent. The point that our small country church is growing is a very positive thing because it means the Lost are arriving to hear the Message.

I can, of course, be wrong but I believe the blessings being poured out here are due, in large part, to Brother Scott's interest in joining the youth to the elder members for mentoring. I've not seen much of that elsewhere and yet we are instructed to mentor the young members. We also have a very strong Prayer Team that is serious in prayer.

No, it's sad in one way and such a blessing in another. The catholic (Universal) church is not growing but appears to be in the midst of the final falling away and at the same time if we look at Asia, thousands a day are being saved, due to the persecution of the Church, indicating that the Tribulation and Rapture (the Catching Away) are imminent. The point that our small country church is growing is a very positive thing because it means the Lost are arriving to hear the Message.

I can, of course, be wrong but I believe the blessings being poured out here are due, in large part, to Brother Scott's interest in joining the youth to the elder members for mentoring. I've not seen much of that elsewhere and yet we are instructed to mentor the young members. We also have a very strong Prayer Team that is serious in prayer.

That is what we must do Bill. The young have to be shown the way or the church will fade away when the old people die.

Back