"Why God Tries Our Faith

:amen::amen: Sister Sheba. God has a plan not to harm us but for us to prosper.

:jesus-sign::jesus-cross:

Hi Sheba let me preface this by saying while I am in total disagreement with you on this one point there is plenty of room for opinion on all non salvation issues .Some believe God orders our steps to place us in the right place and time for these circumstances to occur, I am one of these. Is He the source or does He simply lead you to the place of testing? I think it makes precious little difference as we are going to go thru the trails and I know He works everything for my good - I am a true believer in the soviernty of my God so wheather you consider Him the origin or the one bringing you to your valley of decision the result is the same.I have enjoyed reading your posts thank you.

What do you make of this scripture:

1Pe 1:6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
1Pe 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
If needs be or if it is necessary- more precious than or of greater value than any earthly possesion

Jas 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
Jas 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
Jas 1:4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
trying of faith= patience=maturity

Do you read ... at all

1 cor 10:13 , james 1:2-12, 1 peter 1:6-7

two word in greek for tempation

peiradzo bring out bad... satan, world, flesh
dokimadzo bring out the good .... God

I think it is a chance to grow - you must use it to grow in it- no trails - no oppportunity to trust Jesus and see Him move on your behalf- after awhile it becomes natural and you can relax knowing whaterver comes your way He is in control and it will be alright.

Hi Sheba let me preface this by saying while I am in total disagreement with you on this one point there is plenty of room for opinion on all non salvation issues .Some believe God orders our steps to place us in the right place and time for these circumstances to occur, I am one of these. Is He the source or does He simply lead you to the place of testing? I think it makes precious little difference as we are going to go thru the trails and I know He works everything for my good - I am a true believer in the soviernty of my God so wheather you consider Him the origin or the one bringing you to your valley of decision the result is the same.I have enjoyed reading your posts thank you.

What do you make of this scripture:

1Pe 1:6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
1Pe 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
If needs be or if it is necessary- more precious than or of greater value than any earthly possesion

Jas 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
Jas 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
Jas 1:4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
trying of faith= patience=maturity

Thanks Boanerges, I agree this is a non salvation issue, but I truly believe it's very important. See, I am in complete agreement that temptations, trials, and tests will come. Especially for the Believer. Satan hates us and he will use every opportunity to try and break us. He will use every trick he can to get us to lose hope and give up. But one thing I'm confident of is our heavenly Father will deliver us out of the snare of the devil when we are in right standing with Him. He even has mercy on us when we aren't, and still delivers us. My point is that there has not been one scripture presented that proves God puts us through tests. See Boanerges, I only go by scripture. I don't go by what I think, what the preacher says, what my or others experience has been, I only go by what God says in His word. And though He has given us His word and given us the tools to overcome the evil one, still no one has shown in scripture, where God tempts His people. Yes, He guides our steps. And there will be even times when He leads us to places or people that will test us, but these are things that happen in a sinful world. God doesn't bring the test, but He does offer a way of escape. If He brought the test, why would He offer us a way out? It's the same as saying God puts sickness and disease on us then offers us healing. Can you see that? It's like saying God makes bad things happen to people, then tells us to pray our way out of them. I'm glad we can agree to disagree amicably, but I think it's sad that Believers think God will at any time cause them to go through trials and tests. What father would cause their child to go through awful times just to teach him/her a lesson? If your son/daughter ask for a fish, will you give him/her a serpent? :confused: God doesn't have to send test our way. He gave us His word. When we fail to obey or when we are faithless, consequences happen as a result. But God is merciful, and thank the Lord His mercy endures forever.

Sheba

Satan is a dog on a chain. Scriptrues were given to back up this line of thought and if you see it different that is ok- Get back to me in a few years and tell how it is going- LOL!

I think God tries our faith simply to make sure that no matter what we will always trust him. My simple answer to such a huge topic ;)

Agh Jesus Please Help me get through this life.

It is just so FREAKIN HARD!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!

You know all about my troubles lord.
Please just help me give me wisdom I am so weak and lonely.
I really do love you lord even though I am so disobedient.
Please Just Help me.

Do you really pray that way? :( It's perfectly good to ask God for help in time of need. But remember, we have the Holy Spirit living on the inside of us and we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. John 4:4 tells us, "greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world. You don't need to beg Jesus to help you. You don't need to be disobedient all of the time. We have the Greater One on the inside of us and He enables us to persevere. However, as long as we are in these weak, human vessels, we will be challenged. We won't always pass the test. We will fall, we will miss the mark. But, we shouldn't always be crying about being "weak and lonely". God told us in romans 8:37, "you're more than conquerors through Him who loved you...Just speak the word (like Jesus did in the desert when He was tempted of the devil) and you will succeed over the tricks of the enemy. God bless.

God is all knowing, He's everywhere, He knows all. He knows what we'll do under every circumstance. He doesn't need to "try our faith". He already knows how much faith we have. We must stick to what scripture says and not our own logic. I know this has been the traditional way of thinking, and it's the primary reason so many Christians don't live victorious lives. We think God is responsible for so many of our troubles. With this kind of thinking, how could anyone trust Him? Who could trust a parent not knowing what He is going to do at any given moment. God said in Deut. chapter 28, "if you are willing and obedient, you will eat the good of the land". He said if His people obey His word, we will blessed in every area of life. Yes, we will face persecution, tests, trials, temptations. As long as we live in this sinful world, there will always be tests. But for God's people, we can rest assured that our God will defend us. There will also be times of peace and prosperity as well. It's not all gloom and doom for the Believer. Jesus said in John 10:10, "the thief cometh not but for to kill, and to steal, and to destroy, I am come that they might have life and have it more abundantly". That's good news! HALLELUJAH! He didn't say, I'm going to test you to see what you're made of. No. He already knows. Have a blessed day everyone.

Sheba

Do you believe that if you follow the path God sets before you you will not be tempted?

Do you believe that if you follow the path God sets before you you will not be tempted?

No I don't believe that at all. I believe when we live righteously, obeying God, and fulfilling the call He's placed on our life, we will be tested, tried, and tempted, even more. The devil hates us and he will stop at nothing in an attempt to make us fall. I never said we won't be tested. As long as we're on this earth, temptations, trials, and tests will come. However, I believe that the more we live for God, the more we really trust Him, the easier it gets to triumph over trials and tests. But that is based on how we react or respond during the tests and trials. Most Christians blame God instead of saying what He tlold us to say. Many of us gripe and complain instead of speaking the word of God over the situation. When Satan sees you won't fall for, let's say, the sin of lust, he will leave you alone for a while with that test, and come back at a later date with something different. When he sees he can't move you with those tests and trials, he goes away for a season. But he's watching to see if you open a door, that's when he'll come back stronger in his attack. And then there are times, he will attack you or try you for no reason at all. He is the god of this world and for now (not much longer though) he can create havoc. But thank God, Jesus gave us authority in His name to trample over snakes and serpents, and over all the power of the enemy! Bless God, we can use the name of Jesus, and the enemy and his demons have to flee! Yes, we will be tempted and tested, but not by God. When Jesus was tempted in the desert, He didn't blame God for His troubles. He told Satan what the Word of God said and the devil left Him alone. He saw that he couldn't get Jesus to worship him, he couldn't get Jesus to tempt God, and He couldn't get Jesus to turn stone into bread. Well, wasn't Jesus a man like us? When He was here on earth, didn't He shed His diety and live as a man? He was 100% God and 100% man, yet He lived like us in human flesh. The scripture says He was tempted in ALL points like us, yet without sin (Hebrews 4:15). He has given us His authority to tread over serpents and all the power of the enemy (Satan) (Luke 10:19). It's time we started exercising that authority and stop blaming God for the trials and tests that come upon us. God bless.

Sheba

Agh Jesus Please Help me get through this life.

It is just so FREAKIN HARD!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!

You know all about my troubles lord.
Please just help me give me wisdom I am so weak and lonely.
I really do love you lord even though I am so disobedient.
Please Just Help me.

Do you really pray that way? :( It's perfectly good to ask God for help in time of need. But remember, we have the Holy Spirit living on the inside of us and we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. John 4:4 tells us, "greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world. You don't need to beg Jesus to help you. You don't need to be disobedient all of the time. We have the Greater One on the inside of us and He enables us to persevere. However, as long as we are in these weak, human vessels, we will be challenged. We won't always pass the test. We will fall, we will miss the mark. But, we shouldn't always be crying about being "weak and lonely". God told us in romans 8:37, "you're more than conquerors through Him who loved you...Just speak the word (like Jesus did in the desert when He was tempted of the devil) and you will succeed over the tricks of the enemy. God bless.

God is all knowing, He's everywhere, He knows all. He knows what we'll do under every circumstance. He doesn't need to "try our faith". He already knows how much faith we have. We must stick to what scripture says and not our own logic. I know this has been the traditional way of thinking, and it's the primary reason so many Christians don't live victorious lives. We think God is responsible for so many of our troubles. With this kind of thinking, how could anyone trust Him? Who could trust a parent not knowing what He is going to do at any given moment. God said in Deut. chapter 28, "if you are willing and obedient, you will eat the good of the land". He said if His people obey His word, we will blessed in every area of life. Yes, we will face persecution, tests, trials, temptations. As long as we live in this sinful world, there will always be tests. But for God's people, we can rest assured that our God will defend us. There will also be times of peace and prosperity as well. It's not all gloom and doom for the Believer. Jesus said in John 10:10, "the thief cometh not but for to kill, and to steal, and to destroy, I am come that they might have life and have it more abundantly". That's good news! HALLELUJAH! He didn't say, I'm going to test you to see what you're made of. No. He already knows. Have a blessed day everyone.

Sheba

Yes I do really need to beg Jesus to help me every step of the way, Why? because I know he can help me make all the right moves and think the right way when people hurt me, or dicourage me. Although yes I agree God knows everything I still want him to know lord I am begging you to help me along this journey. And although you clearly dont believe God tests us I do. No one is born strong and ready to endure to the end we all are weak and disobedient we all need to beg for help sometimes more than others. Ok and since you say we will face test and trials who do you think those come from? The devil?? He dosent have that much power.

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

So to say that God tempts us or tries our faith I think not. Temptation comes from Satan himself and I believe God allows it but will not allow us more than what we can bear.

When Jesus was tempted in the wilderness He quoted the scripture, saying ,"it is written" and I think so many times people think but telling satan get behind me or he is under my feet is not the effective way to pray. We must hide the scripture in our hearts and when we are tempted quote the Word and satan has to flee because the Word is like a two edeged sword..... the sword of the spirit.

Jesus placed himself in our position. He suffered our pains and felt our fears. Rejection ? He felt it . Temptataion ? He knew it. Loneliness ? He experienced it. Death ? He tasted it----- by Max Lucado.

I think the question isn't if you will be tempted to sin but a matter of when, what , and how creative satan will be. I think that 1st Corinthians describes temptataion as something we all face as believers. We're vulnerable and satan knows just which button to push.

But because we have Jesus in us who is greater than satan he offers us a way of escape. He sees all and is all knowing .He is there for us and when we think that we are sinking all we have to do is grab ahold of His hand and He will pull us to safety. But that choice is left up to us either to take His hand or to sink.

God's Word is our refuge in the time of storm and when we recognize temptation approaching we can ask for God's help. He knows our weeknesses and understands us better than we do ourselves. Jesus himself was tempted and He was strong enough to overcome it all and so can we.

Hebrews 2:18; 4:16 ( NCV)

And now he can help those who are tempted, because he suffered and was tempted...... Let us, then, feel very sure that we can come before God's throne where there is grace. There we can receive mercy and grace to help us when we need it.

So He will not give us any more than we can bear.

God leads me on a path- He knows waht is there and uses all for my good:D

Proverbs 17:3

3 The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold,
but the LORD tests the heart.

Ephesians 6:10-18

The Armor of God

10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

Yes I do really need to beg Jesus to help me every step of the way, Why? because I know he can help me make all the right moves and think the right way when people hurt me, or dicourage me. Although yes I agree God knows everything I still want him to know lord I am begging you to help me along this journey. And although you clearly dont believe God tests us I do. No one is born strong and ready to endure to the end we all are weak and disobedient we all need to beg for help sometimes more than others. Ok and since you say we will face test and trials who do you think those come from? The devil?? He dosent have that much power.

Sorry you feel that way JRF.:confused:

Sheba

I prefer to ask believing I receive because of His goodness- we really don't have to beg but we are called to believe, to lean on Him in total dependance and to walk by faith!

God does not tempt,that means exactly what it means,what God offers comes true.motives of yourselves ,your flaws are what you are tempted by the devil.if you go down that path then turn around quick.:bible:

Back