Why Is Believing In Evolution A Sin?

And as for gravity, you know they discovered the Higgs-Bosun in Switzerland - the so called "God" particle that is supposed to add mass, right?
Look, there's no need to patronise me just because you disagree. It's been a reasonably interesting and friendly discussion so far so why not keep it that way?

Yes, I have read a bit about the Higgs Boson and it represents many discoveries but I am far from expert on this. I understand it as being a very fundamental (and predicted) part of quantum physics. I'm not sure where you're going with this argument against gravity though?
No doubt this research will lead to better understanding of how forces work but I haven't read that much recently if I'm honest so I'm at risk of getting out of my depth.
Whoever named it the 'God particle' should have their bum smacked and sent to bed early.

What do you see me disagreeing with? You said you would stick with science - I was trying to point out that the science you were talking on, did not square with my understanding of science. Higgs-Bosun? My little joke - the scientists have finally found God and they still don't understand Him.
But my point was not to patronize at all. I'm pointing out that science can not answer a whole range of questions. Important ones.

How exactly do you think scientists have come up with the estimates of the age of the universe? (13.6 - 14 billion years old?). Singularity - one of kind event - no cause listed - no process listed. Or look it up.

You're flitting from one subject to the other for no reason (for me at least). You're arguing about some quality of the singularity that I never mentioned. Of course there are no firm theories of the cause, it falls outside of predictable and calculated theory and outside of current understanding of physics.
It DID happen everywhere, every single point in the Universe was once part of the singularity. It was not an explosion that is filling a void.

You're flitting from one subject to the other for no reason (for me at least). You're arguing about some quality of the singularity that I never mentioned. Of course there are no firm theories of the cause, it falls outside of predictable and calculated theory and outside of current understanding of physics.
It DID happen everywhere, every single point in the Universe was once part of the singularity. It was not an explosion that is filling a void.

I was responding to your post regarding point of origin - that's how they are estimating how old the universe is... and singularity -one of a kind unknown event.

I'm not talking about the age of the universe. What was wrong with my description of the big bang and defintion of singularity being at every point of the universe (and that it was not really an explosion) It was such a basic outline I stated that I don't see where it was wrong?

I thought wikipedia would answer that - no? The age of the universe is estimated, based on Big Bang theory, on the point of origin. You can't have a point of origin, if everything, everywhere is happening at the same time. So either go big bang or God created the universe instantly :) Well ok - 6 days.

I thought wikipedia would answer that - no? The age of the universe is estimated, based on Big Bang theory, on the point of origin. You can't have a point of origin, if everything, everywhere is happening at the same time. So either go big bang or God created the universe instantly :) Well ok - 6 days.
Perhaps you misunderstand my description. The 'point of origin' is probably what I call a singularity. The singularity is both a point of origin but ALSO every point in the CURRENT universe was (at) that singularity.

Perhaps you misunderstand my description. The 'point of origin' is probably what I call a singularity. The singularity is both a point of origin but ALSO every point in the CURRENT universe was (at) that singularity.

Well we agree on something - but as I said previously, your description is more in line with God creating the universe than Big Bang theory. Just sayin'
And really if I challenge you on your science, it is not to be patronizing, it is to make you look at the ground you claim to stand on.
And stop calling God a singularity!!! (teasing)

I'm not talking about the age of the universe. What was wrong with my description of the big bang and defintion of singularity being at every point of the universe (and that it was not really an explosion) It was such a basic outline I stated that I don't see where it was wrong?

IF we are here by the "Bib Bang" theory, and we are the result of that explosion, WHO struck the match??????

Of course I find it difficult to grasp a concept of 'no time'. It comes shortly behind how I find it difficult to grasp the scale of the Universe, let alone our galaxy. It ranks alongside trying to grasp space-time itself, it equals my difficulty in grasping how strong nuclear force works and is broken down. It equals many things in my 'difficult to grasp' list.
The thing is, I continue to read and try to learn a little more about these things. You, on the other hand, are happy to deny yourself the joy of digging deeper to find answers because all of your answers are 'God'. Do you really grasp the concept of space-time let alone whatever came before it? Do you ever read detailed scientific papers describing space-time? (Not the regurgitated internet arguments against it by the way)
If you're happy to not think, and I mean really think about these things and just accept one (very old) book then you will miss out on some wondrous concepts.
I'm not after challenging you, just trying to help you understand maybe a little about how a person who has no god thinks. I'm interested in how you think, hence why I'm here.
I'm guessing the replies will be along the lines of 'have you read the bible and really understood it" a few more scriptures that can be interpreted any way you wish to and maybe some other anti-science theory copied from your internet favourites.

I'm not trying to prove your god does not exist by saying I don't believe in him, I'm explaining my view of the world - another point of view or a freedom of choice if you like.

As I previously stated, I am a former atheist and have already "dug deeper to find answers". For years.

The answers lead to God because they just do. It's just so infuriatingly simple! ;-)

Who created God?

God is not a "created" being my friend.

We can go back 6000 years, 1 billion years, 25 billion years or 25 trillion years and when you get there, God will be there waiting for you.

God does not begin in Genesis 1:1, His Creation begins there.

God has no need to have been created, since He exists either outside time (where cause and effect do not operate) or within multiple dimensions of time (such that there is no beginning of God's plane of time). Hence God is eternal, having never been created.

Recently, Stephen Hawking, George Ellis, and Roger Penrose extended the equations for general relativity to include space and time, the results showed that time has a beginning - at the moment of creation, or for you, the Bigg. In fact, if you examine university websites, you will find that many professors make such a claim - "that the universe had a beginning and that this beginning marked the beginning of time".

An excellant read on this is......"The Universe Is Not Eternal But Had A Begginning". Such claims actually support the Bible's claim that time began at the creation of the universe, don't you think?

God has no need to have been created, since He exists either outside time (where cause and effect do not operate) or within multiple dimensions of time (such that there is no beginning of God's plane of time). Hence God is eternal, having never been created.
Indeed, it makes life so much easier when you have a god!

Indeed, it makes life so much easier when you have a god!

Actually, it does. It is not a matter that anyone's life is easy. Knowing God, gives you hope - a plan to make you happy, despite what life throws at us. And it entails people - brothers and sisters who do care about you.

Actually, it does. It is not a matter that anyone's life is easy. Knowing God, gives you hope - a plan to make you happy, despite what life throws at us. And it entails people - brothers and sisters who do care about you.

Well, I think I have all those things to some extent. The only thing I don't have, like you do, is a belief that something waits after death but I accept that.

Back