Why is homosexual sin so bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The point I was making, is that followers of Christ do not consider homosexuality more abhorrent than any of these other sins the LORD spoke of. It is just that homosexuality is the one that is getting all the publicity and which is being used to pressure christians into abandoning the word and command of our Lord by declaring as not sin that which the Lord has declared to be sin.

Were Satan able to gather similar non-Christian public support for some of the other sins I am certain he would attack the church of his enemy with them also.

It is not Christians who are making such an issue of the sin of homosexual practice, it is the homosexual movements and lobbyists who are pushing for it to be wrong to consider it a sin even by those who follow Christ.

It is not the teachings and commands and attitude of the Lord that has changed.

Sometimes in your face is the only way to get a point across.

I've heard the celebrating sin thing before, generally from anti-gay Christians. Never heard from anybody who actually knows anything about it.

I can't speak for anybody else, but for me it's about celebrating freedom and solidarity.
Ya need to turn from your lifestyle. "In your face" Look deep into your heart. it don't feel right does it?

It's like talking to a wall....

My shame is in not speaking up sooner but Ingbert regardless of what the moderators choose to do with your comment (I have not reported it though) personal insults such as this have no place on a Christian forum. Personally I do not know revlynn but I will stand by a fellow member and express the opinion that you owe revlynn an open apology here on the thread for such a comment.

Hey Ingbert,
It is unfortunate that our society has a way of discriminating against others weather it be race, religion, or based on sexuality. I do believe it is a man made discrimination that has been blown way out of
the water. I personaly believe that we as christians should not pass judgment on homosexual poeple but embrace them. We do not need to know weather they are repenting or not as that is what they will take up with God on their judgment day. God loves all of his chrildren & we are all siners. Thats not to excuse poeple for their actions, we should all strive to be more like God but all we can do is strive.
'Love your neighbor as yourself.' No other commandment is greater than these." Mark 12:31

Hey Ingbert,
It is unfortunate that our society has a way of discriminating against others weather it be race, religion, or based on sexuality. I do believe it is a man made discrimination that has been blown way out of
the water. I personaly believe that we as christians should not pass judgment on homosexual poeple but embrace them. We do not need to know weather they are repenting or not as that is what they will take up with God on their judgment day. God loves all of his chrildren & we are all siners. Thats not to excuse poeple for their actions, we should all strive to be more like God but all we can do is strive.
'Love your neighbor as yourself.' No other commandment is greater than these." Mark 12:31
Your right sis. I get a bit uptight at times as my last post. But it is the truth

Chili out.

The point I was making, is that followers of Christ do not consider homosexuality more abhorrent than any of these other sins the LORD spoke of. It is just that homosexuality is the one that is getting all the publicity and which is being used to pressure christians into abandoning the word and command of our Lord by declaring as not sin that which the Lord has declared to be sin.

The whole point I was making is that Christians do seem to consider homosexuality (and not just homosexual behavior) morhoe abhorrent than any other sin. They've done so since long before homosexuality started getting all the publicity.

It is not Christians who are making such an issue of the sin of homosexual practice, it is the homosexual movements and lobbyists who are pushing for it to be wrong to consider it a sin even by those who follow Christ.

Yes, it is Christians. The homosexual movement is about equality, not church beliefs. A good portion of the people in that movement are Christians.

And much of the early homosexual movement was fueled by the anti-gay crusades of Christians and Christian groups. I'm old enough to remember Anita Bryant's anti-gay crusade.

It is not the teachings and commands and attitude of the Lord that has changed.

At least we can agree on that.

Hey Ingbert,
I agree that Christians should not pass judgment on homosexual poeple but embrace them.

Unfortunately, many Christians do pass judgment, often in the most hateful and mean spirited way possible. Look at all the anti-gay groups out there. At least nine out of ten of them claim to be Christian groups or base their propaganda on Christianity. Listen to the anti-gay out there. Pay attention to they about LGBT folk and do a little research. You'll find most of it is outright lies.

Yeah, there are anti-Christian gays and lesbians out there. Can you blame them?

My shame is in not speaking up sooner but Ingbert regardless of what the moderators choose to do with your comment (I have not reported it though) personal insults such as this have no place on a Christian forum. Personally I do not know revlynn but I will stand by a fellow member and express the opinion that you owe revlynn an open apology here on the thread for such a comment.
I'll admit I was getting a little disgusted by the level of ignorance and assumption I'm seeing here when I wrote that.

I agree that Christians should not pass judgment on homosexual poeple but embrace them.

Unfortunately, many Christians do pass judgment, often in the most hateful and mean spirited way possible. Look at all the anti-gay groups out there. At least nine out of ten of them claim to be Christian groups or base their propaganda on Christianity. Listen to the anti-gay out there. Pay attention to they about LGBT folk and do a little research. You'll find most of it is outright lies.

Yeah, there are anti-Christian gays and lesbians out there. Can you blame them?

Just remember Satan runs many groups under the label and guise of "Christian", Both pro homosexual AND hateful mean anti-homosexual. Satan is the master of the "strawman" argument and "strawman" group.

There is only one measure to tell who are and who are not truly of Christ. By the word of the Lord Himself.

I'll admit I was getting a little disgusted by the level of ignorance and assumption I'm seeing here when I wrote that.

You do not owe me an explanation for your rudeness, you owe revlynn an apology for it. But now it looks like you owe one to everybody here.

The whole point I was making is that Christians do seem to consider homosexuality (and not just homosexual behavior) morhoe abhorrent than any other sin. They've done so since long before homosexuality started getting all the publicity.

We consider abhorrent what the Lord declares HE considers abhorrent, that is to be expected. Those other sins are considered just as abhorrent, it is just that nobody is trying to force christians to accept THEM as OK

Ingbert said:
Yes, it is Christians. The homosexual movement is about equality, not church beliefs. A good portion of the people in that movement are Christians.

Claim to be christians (there is a difference). Many who claim to be "christian" do not belong to the Lord at all. But what happens in the world is up to the world, but it cannot expect sin to have equality with righteousness in the House of the LORD. The willingly sinful do not enter the kingdom of the Lord or have part in the family of HIS children. That is not OUR call, that is HIS call.

If homosexuals demand equality in their endeavours to pursue their own desires why do they seek to deny followers of Christ the right to pursue their own desire to please the Lord? Nobody can follow both homosexuality and Christ (it is simply not possible no matter how much one might want to). BUT everybody DOES have the FREEDOM to choose between them.

Ingbert said:
And much of the early homosexual movement was fueled by the anti-gay crusades of Christians and Christian groups. I'm old enough to remember Anita Bryant's anti-gay crusade.

As I said not all who call themselves "Christian" belong to the Lord. But the art of impersonating or infiltrating one group to sway public opinion against it in favour of another is a common social engineering and political tool that has been around for centuries. A wise man does not take everything that happens at face value or believes everything they see in the news and history books.

You do not owe me an explanation for your rudeness, you owe revlynn an apology for it. But now it looks like you owe one to everybody here.

Does revlynn owes an apology to homosexuals for comparing them to criminals?

For a Christian, celebrating a lifestyle of homosexuality should be as unthinkable as celebrating a lifestyle of crime.

Do you owe an apology to the "Gay Pride" movement for associating them with bestiality?

How can the gay kettle call the bestial pot black?

Does JG27_chili owe me an apology for presuming to know my lifestyle without ever having met me?

Ya need to turn from your lifestyle.

It works both ways.

We consider abhorrent what the Lord declares HE considers abhorrent, that is to be expected. Those other sins are considered just as abhorrent, it is just that nobody is trying to force christians to accept THEM as OK

Nobody is forcing Christians to do anything. The issue is equality under the law, and Christians seem to be the ones fighting it the most.

Claim to be christians (there is a difference).

Irrelevant as long as the "real" Christians don't stand up to it.

I take offense that you are "disgusted by the level of ignorance and assumption I'm seeing here"! You need to realize that when a Christian calls sin by its rightful name - SIN - they are not being ignorant nor are they being presumptive. The practice of homosexual behavior has been considered abominable by societies all over the world throughout history. And yes, it has been a problem that society has dealt with throughout history. The fact that it is labeled in the Christian Bible as an abomination to God is in fact true.

Even medical personnel attests to the problems caused by this practice and how it affects the health of the individuals who indulge.

I take offense that you are "disgusted by the level of ignorance and assumption I'm seeing here"! You need to realize that when a Christian calls sin by its rightful name - SIN - they are not being ignorant nor are they being presumptive. The practice of homosexual behavior has been considered abominable by societies all over the world throughout history. And yes, it has been a problem that society has dealt with throughout history. The fact that it is labeled in the Christian Bible as an abomination to God is in fact true.

Even medical personnel attests to the problems caused by this practice and how it affects the health of the individuals who indulge.
They are being ignorant and presumptive in that they don't really know anything homosexuality but make pronouncements about it anyway.

I take offense at the assumptions made about me personally here. Or is it only those who follow a particular line of theological interpretation that are allowed to be offended on this site or to be rude to others?

I'm perfectly capable of having a reasonable conversation with somebody, but I'm not gonna sit back and let people make pronouncements that I know to be false, or make judgments on my lifestyle when they have no way of knowing me or what kind of lifestyle I live.

Ingbert, I do not know anything about your lifestyle nor have I made an assumption or comment about it.

You say....
they don't really know anything homosexuality but make pronouncements about it anyway.
Right! I don't know nor do I really want to know anything more about it than what the Bible teaches. That is that it teaches that behavior of that type is wrong in the sight of God. This is not a "particular line of theological interpretation" (as you stated in #59 above) as many Christian denominations and even sects use the Bible (Christian/Judean) as their theological text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back