Why is it that peace filled cordial Christian discussion forums are not as busy as those featuring conflict & POE Trolls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it, its not really in mine.
I think the only war that Jesus asks us to fight is the one where the saints are in His army. When you read revealtion there is a war on saints. The saints are clothed in white robes. They dont have weapons because the Lord goes before the, with a sharp sword comign out of His mouth.

Do you know a bit of history. Joan of arc went to battle right, she was female but she dressed as a man to lead France. The british were fighting and raping and pillaging Normandy. Anyway when she was in the front of the battle lines, she basically told the British to retreat and guess what they did. Just because she said it.

GOd gave her the words to say.

Thats power.

Really?

Didn't God make War against the Egyptians?

Exodus 15:3-4...…...
"Jehovah is a powerful warrior. Jehovah is his name. Pharʹaoh’s chariots and his army He has cast into the sea, And his finest warriors have sunk into the Red Sea."

Yes. That is exactly what I mean.

Many years ago my wife and I attend a Lutheran church. (50).

It was a nice church and the pastor asked over to his home for dinner. When we arrived, he had about 6 or 7 bottles of alcohol sitting on a table and asked us what we were drinking. We did not drink and do not to this day.

When I asked him about this he was very clear that the reason why was because he could drink alcohol without any guilt or fear from the Lutheran hiarchy.

IN other words, he was a Lutheran because the denomination allowed its ministers to consume alcohol.

I am not condemning either the alshohol or the Lutheran church, only making a true comment on WHY this man was what he was.
Hm, wonder why his take on alcohol? The bible clearly has no issue with consuming alcohol in moderation. Granted, this is limited to wine, but it is permissible: “.. And wine that makes man’s heart rejoice,” (Psalm 104:15); “… also that everyone should eat and drink and find enjoyment for all his hard work. It is the gift of God. (Ecclesiastes 3:13); “Do not drink water any longer,* but take a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent cases of sickness.” (1 Timothy 5:23).

Not going to provide false information here. There was a time when I drank pretty much anything. I was/am not an alcoholic, which I do believe is inherited, but did go through some serious drinking moments in my life. In fact, with very few occasions, I limit myself to a glass or two of wine, but even that is on few occasions. I don't think I ever saw my dad take a drink and I only recall my mom drinking once; when I made her something called a "Golden Cadillac." That was a fun night and one I will always remember fondly. She already had issues with Alzheimer's, but she still had cognizant moments and that was one of them.

rtm3039

Hm, wonder why his take on alcohol? The bible clearly has no issue with consuming alcohol in moderation. Granted, this is limited to wine, but it is permissible: “.. And wine that makes man’s heart rejoice,” (Psalm 104:15); “… also that everyone should eat and drink and find enjoyment for all his hard work. It is the gift of God. (Ecclesiastes 3:13); “Do not drink water any longer,* but take a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent cases of sickness.” (1 Timothy 5:23).

Not going to provide false information here. There was a time when I drank pretty much anything. I was/am not an alcoholic, which I do believe is inherited, but did go through some serious drinking moments in my life. In fact, with very few occasions, I limit myself to a glass or two of wine, but even that is on few occasions. I don't think I ever saw my dad take a drink and I only recall my mom drinking once; when I made her something called a "Golden Cadillac." That was a fun night and one I will always remember fondly. She already had issues with Alzheimer's, but she still had cognizant moments and that was one of them.

rtm3039

rtm3039

Yes, I agree.
It was just very odd to us that a minister would be so open about it.

Really?

Didn't God make War against the Egyptians?

Exodus 15:3-4...…...
"Jehovah is a powerful warrior. Jehovah is his name. Pharʹaoh’s chariots and his army He has cast into the sea, And his finest warriors have sunk into the Red Sea."
Yep the point is God fights the battle. Not us, his people. He was the one who drowned pharoahs army. The israelites did not part the red sea...God did.

Yes, I agree.
It was just very odd to us that a minister would be so open about it.
Strange, There arent many lutherans round here.
I do know the anglicans are fond of alchohol and serve it in their communion. One of the reasons I dont fellowship with them, I cant stand the taste of it. Not to say I dont have anglican friends I do, but, Im not going to drink alchohol just cos everyone else seems to. Thing is.. you can say No.

Plus every restaurant serving alchohol always has non alcoholic options available and there is always water. Nothing wrong with water.

It is my experience that people that are fond of alchohol like to boast about it. Sometimes i feel like telling them you go on about it so much as if alcohol is your best friend not people.

STAFF WARNING: This thread has been Reported by non-participating members more than any other thread so far this year.

The staff has cautioned everyone participating here to cool it. There have been posts edited and deleted under Rules 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.2a and 3.2b as well as members being officially warned with points issued. Before we have to start banning persons, this ends right now.

This thread is closed and as stated elsewhere in this Forum, any continuing demeaning of persons or groups will not end up well for the members who can not seem to abide by Forum Rules.

This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back