Why not fair?

Truthfrees I absolutely LOVE that interpretation you shared. God gives us according to our capacity, that we all may be 100% ppl!

I know this is just one point of view but it makes so much sense to me. This way we don't need to compare ourselves to others because our 100% is different from someone else's!

Thank you for that! :love:

Truthfrees I absolutely LOVE that interpretation you shared. God gives us according to our capacity, that we all may be 100% ppl!

I know this is just one point of view but it makes so much sense to me. This way we don't need to compare ourselves to others because our 100% is different from someone else's!

Thank you for that! :love:
amen

and you know i never thought of this at all until this thread was posted and everyone started asking questions and posting answers

everyone's questions and answers caused me to wonder about all of this, and each post of each person created new understanding for me

but this all matches the awesome character of God - the God who has no favorites - forgives everyone - blesses everyone - helps everyone reach the fullness of Christ and all become 100% increase people

iow God's kind of fairness blesses everyone - makes everyone love Him more each day

and God is fair even to someone who He knows is wicked - God gave him a chance to become 100 fold too, but his own wickedness caused him to come under God's judgement and be thrown out into darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth - if he hadn't have been wicked God would have made him a 100% person too

so even the people in hell have no one to blame but themselves - because God works with everyone - even the wicked - clearly they send themselves to hell as per Matthew 25:18, 24, and 29

they clearly do not love God and have no intentions on obeying Him at all

they are disobedient/God-haters/rebellious, which is much different than God-lovers who are still learning to be obedient and successful:

18 But he who had received one went and dug in the ground, and hid his lord’s money.

24 “Then he who had received the one talent came and said, ‘Lord, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25 And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, there you have what is yours.’

29 ‘For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away. 30 And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

Last edited:
Matthew 25:18 But he who had received one went and dug in the ground, and hid his lord’s money.

24 “Then he who had received the one talent came and said, ‘Lord, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25 And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, there you have what is yours.’

29 ‘For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away. 30 And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

clearly the God-hater was not scared enough to do the right thing

he said he was afraid - but i see someone who was defiant - not afraid

he said God reaps where He does not sow - accusing God of being a thief/unethical - but it is the devil who comes to kill steal destroy lie decieve

he said God is hard - but He's not - he gives even wicked people a chance

Faithful service led to increased responsibilities in the kingdom of heaven,

It's not about the talents. The talents increase is Not A Reward.

DON'T FORGET ABOUT LUKE 19:12-28
Mark 4

Amen Jim, I believe you are correct. I had the same thought last night, that the talent of the wicked given to the 10 was not a blessing but just more responsibilities. Probably given to the 10 because he could handle it better than the 4. Thanks Jim! :)

Here's another question: according to the story in Luke 19, all the servants started with 10 minas, so it makes sense that one got 10 cities and another 5 cities. But in Matthew 25, each started with different amounts and they both doubled their initial amounts. Do you think they'd both receive the same reward?

To me this parable is saying that whatever talents we have been given we are to chose to give back because the purpose of the talents or gifts is not just for the individual but for the common good of all. It inspires me because I know God brings multiplication of what is given.

Stewardship is key here. In other words what we do with what we are given. And how shall we know how, when, and where to do that? By reading/ applying the Word in our lives either for the first time or once again. I think that the best place to start or to start over is in reading the gospels. Also the Acts of the Apostles tells much about the distribution of talents, e.g. creation of deacons and other ministries of serving and giving. And 1 Corinthians 12-13..about spiritual gifts and the heart motivations involved. Models of giving and those who gave are throughout God's Word.

Blessings, :)

Last edited:
Just want to add that it is good to pray daily for God to show us how, where, and when to use the gifts (talents) He has given us. And as we follow through in obedience he brings the increase and the joy.

Back