Why Would God Show Me This?

Why would God show me this? I’m a nobody, I was In prayer, and in the far distant in the darkness I seen a sun in the position of a sunrise, I seen it 3 separate times, and as I am starring upon it I felt glorious joy and happiness, and there with God I did not need anything to eat or drink, the only thing that matters is the relationship I have with him nothing else, and this world and everything it has to offer is absolutely nothing compare to what he has in store for us, and I realized I love Jesus more than anybody on earth.
Because He loves you. Very often personal experiences like this are for the recipient only. It edifies the individual and reminds them that He cares.
There are many who will be skeptical, and justly so, but your "vision" had no doctrinal content or scenes needing interpretation, and as such would be condidered completely harmless if nothing else.

Hmm, well, I do recall without vision the people perish..
And that we are meant to write the vision out. Also young men dream dreams and have visions.

Also many visions are given as a gift...to give away to others. The person having this vision might not know exactly what it means. That God gives this vision three times is significant, as he often does things in threes. Because we dont always get it the first time.

God not only loves you and wants to show you his love but he wants to show the whole WORLD. Think how the sun rises everyone on planet earth can see, without it we would be in darkness. This is just like how Jesus is with us. Without Him we would be in darkness.

To begin, the charismatic church preaching the prosperity gospel is complete and utter falsity. Causing false pretenses to be saved and faith in false promises.

The Holy Spirit baptism being separate from salvation is again wrong. As soon as we are saved, we are given the Holy Spirit, as shown in 1st Corinthians 6:19-20 and also in 1st Corinthians 3:1-2

The general idea of the charismatic church tends to be the "I believe it (the spirit) because I've felt it" Instead of relying on the scripture to believe.

The evidence of the Spirit to many of these churches is based upon again, vocal or physical attributes. Babbling in useless, unbiblical, tongues, being slain in the spirit, and other outcries. Biblical evidence though is the fruits of the spirit, the works done in faith.

The idea of tongues is misguided in many churches. The tongues in Acts 2 are not babbles, but an actual language. Somebody understands it and it can be interpreted. Whereas, in my experience, and many others, the tongues predominately shown in the charismatic church on a sunday morning are nothing more than the shouts of nothing. You could get every linguist and language scholar in the world, and not a single thing would be translated. Even Paul predicted that tongues would cease in the future (1st Corinthians 13:8) I am not saying tongues are finished, but I am saying that the tongues typically seen in churches are not the tongues we see in acts.

The idea that there are still prophets that have visions to proclaim the future completely undermines the word of God and the bible. If we were still receiving visions of the future, it would mean that the bible is not yet finished, and the word of God needs to be added to. Rev. 22:19 warns us against this. Now, there is the gift of prophecy, which is proclaiming the word of God as in preaching, but it is not the prophecy that is announced within these churches.

These are some issues I have seen inside the Pentecostal/charismatic movements.

Why would God show me this? I’m a nobody, I was In prayer, and in the far distant in the darkness I seen a sun in the position of a sunrise, I seen it 3 separate times, and as I am starring upon it I felt glorious joy and happiness, and there with God I did not need anything to eat or drink, the only thing that matters is the relationship I have with him nothing else, and this world and everything it has to offer is absolutely nothing compare to what he has in store for us, and I realized I love Jesus more than anybody on earth.

I wonder what the response of the people was when Malachi spoke these words. The Sun of Righteousness being a description of the Lord himself when he comes like a consuming fire.
Malachi4v1"For behold, the day is coming, burning like a furnace; and all the arrogant and every evildoer will be chaff; and the day that is coming will set them ablaze," says the LORD of hosts, "so that it will leave them neither root nor branch." 2"But for you who fear My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in his wings; and you will go forth and skip about like calves from the stall.3"You will tread down the wicked, for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day which I am preparing," says the LORD of hosts.…

Ooooh you've got to be so careful Malachi, you haven't a clue where those words came from because the devil is so cunning.

To begin, the charismatic church preaching the prosperity gospel is complete and utter falsity. Causing false pretenses to be saved and faith in false promises.

The Holy Spirit baptism being separate from salvation is again wrong. As soon as we are saved, we are given the Holy Spirit, as shown in 1st Corinthians 6:19-20 and also in 1st Corinthians 3:1-2

The general idea of the charismatic church tends to be the "I believe it (the spirit) because I've felt it" Instead of relying on the scripture to believe.

The evidence of the Spirit to many of these churches is based upon again, vocal or physical attributes. Babbling in useless, unbiblical, tongues, being slain in the spirit, and other outcries. Biblical evidence though is the fruits of the spirit, the works done in faith.

The idea of tongues is misguided in many churches. The tongues in Acts 2 are not babbles, but an actual language. Somebody understands it and it can be interpreted. Whereas, in my experience, and many others, the tongues predominately shown in the charismatic church on a sunday morning are nothing more than the shouts of nothing. You could get every linguist and language scholar in the world, and not a single thing would be translated. Even Paul predicted that tongues would cease in the future (1st Corinthians 13:8) I am not saying tongues are finished, but I am saying that the tongues typically seen in churches are not the tongues we see in acts.

The idea that there are still prophets that have visions to proclaim the future completely undermines the word of God and the bible. If we were still receiving visions of the future, it would mean that the bible is not yet finished, and the word of God needs to be added to. Rev. 22:19 warns us against this. Now, there is the gift of prophecy, which is proclaiming the word of God as in preaching, but it is not the prophecy that is announced within these churches.

I'm sorry but you have a misunderstanding of scripture, as many of your comments here attest to.

Francis, I don't think many people understand and take it as sarcasm - if thats what you mean..some people aren't in that ironic frame of mind.

yes that vision made me think of that Malachi verse too.

You have a lot to learn about charismatic churches.

All through the New Testament it is separate:

John 16:7
Acts 1:4
Acts 2:1-13
Acts 2:38-39
Acts 8:14-17
Acts 10:44-48
Acts 19:1-6

That is not true, but is only your negative opinion.

Your negative and dismissive attitude toward the gifts of the Holy Spirit to His Church is overwhelmingly obvious. You cannot see the forest for the trees.

You have a poor functioning knowledge and understanding of the gift of tongues.

You also have no idea how God uses the prophetic in His Church. You are correct when you say that prophecy has to do more with professing God's word under the anointing of the Spirit of God, but there are some whom God uses to speak to individuals about what is to come in their lives and how God is preparing to use them.

Sad.

God shows us things in visions sometimes.
It will have special symbolic meaning to you. If you keep reading the Bible He will give you clues.
What I got from that vision you shared is God is showing you the sun, but also reminding you he sent his only SON to you. The sun rising...is like Jesus the SON rising...three times is like the witness of the blood, water and spirit...where two or three are gathered..He is there.

I saw this sun three time and each time the sun was closer to me why did this happen?

I saw this sun three time and each time the sun was closer to me why did this happen?
Like other said, I see this as a confirmation of Love God has for you.. Were you praying about any special situation in your life? Often we pray for some thing and expect an absolute answer from Lord.. But often he answers with a reminder of the Love He has for us.. Moses is the best example.. When Lord calls him at burning bush, he has so many question.. For most of them Lord simply answers that He will be with him!! May be this is an answered prayer for something you have been praying about?

Amen!

May God welcome us all in Heaven when our time comes.

Be careful discerning where things like that come from. More often than not, they aren't from God. "Supernatural" experiences can many times be accounted with the brain doing what it wants to. While the overall message is good, be cautious of visions or dreams and saying they come from God, many times they are of naught
God is everything good and everything positive. This was solely a positive thing, meaning it is from God. You'd know if it was from the devil if there was more to it, something to doubt, something that just seems off about it. If this was truly not from God, there would be a trick in this somewhere, like it seems good at first and then it tries to have you do something ungodly (Deceiving).
I completely agree to exercise caution, but in this specific case, there was no reason to. This was obviously Godly because all they felt was pure love and that it made them certain they loved Jesus with all their heart. That is truly a Godly vision.

Immediately, this brought to my mind that Jesus is coming again as the bright and morning star, and the getting closer part is telling you we are getting closer and closer to that day. Maybe dwell on the scripture pertaining to this and get yourself and family ready. Maybe there is someone close to you who is not ready and needs this message.

Like other said, I see this as a confirmation of Love God has for you.. Were you praying about any special situation in your life? Often we pray for some thing and expect an absolute answer from Lord.. But often he answers with a reminder of the Love He has for us.. Moses is the best example.. When Lord calls him at burning bush, he has so many question.. For most of them Lord simply answers that He will be with him!! May be this is an answered prayer for something you have been praying about?

Quote were you praying about any special situation in your life? I was reading the holy bible and realized something that is the devil has come to Destroy me I felt intense distress and anguish as I realized that. I cried out to God in prayer and said to him I am chained to Satan because of my ways SIN break the chain lord and free me of all his ways.

Then I had that vision it lasted about two seconds, time there was different?

"Why would God show me this? I’m a nobody, I was In prayer, and in the far distant in the darkness I seen a sun in the position of a sunrise, I seen it 3 separate times, and as I am starring upon it I felt glorious joy and happiness, and there with God I did not need anything to eat or drink, the only thing that matters is the relationship I have with him nothing else, and this world and everything it has to offer is absolutely nothing compare to what he has in store for us, and I realized I love Jesus more than anybody on earth."

How beautiful! You have been blessed to be able to have seen something like that! Praise the Lord! Many don't believe it's something that could happen in our time, but it does the Holy Spirit is still with us. How can it be from something else if it makes you realize your love for the Lord. And the Lord affirming His love for you. God bless

I wonder what the response of the people was when Malachi spoke these words. The Sun of Righteousness being a description of the Lord himself when he comes like a consuming fire.
Malachi4v1"For behold, the day is coming, burning like a furnace; and all the arrogant and every evildoer will be chaff; and the day that is coming will set them ablaze," says the LORD of hosts, "so that it will leave them neither root nor branch." 2"But for you who fear My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in his wings; and you will go forth and skip about like calves from the stall.3"You will tread down the wicked, for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day which I am preparing," says the LORD of hosts.…

Ooooh you've got to be so careful Malachi, you haven't a clue where those words came from because the devil is so cunning.

You are right in what you say after the vision Jesus healed me, I love Jesus and he set me free and healed me of my sinful life. I hate sin.

In addition, after the vision I have given up every thing to follow Jesus, northing else matters only that.

John 14:26King James Version
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Last edited:
Hello @christs-love,

There have been times in my life when the Lord has given me an awareness of His presence in a gloriously tangible way, and it has oftentimes been prior to a time of trial or after it, usually during my own Bible study or in prayer. Not in the form of visualisation, like your own, but in other ways precious to me. I have taken it to be an outpouring of His love and assurance.

It certainly is not an experience which I would want to be brought before the eyes of others, to be critically judged, but cherished and hugged close as being from Him Who loved me and gave Himself for me, and ever lives to intercede for me at God' s right hand.

Just praise God, Christs-love, for this is between you and your Saviour, and not for the scrutiny of others.

In His Name
Chris

Back