Why Would God Show Me This?

Wow! Absolutely phenomenal!
God is good. I believe that when a man or woman is genuinely ready to follow the Lord whole heartedly - then He opens up the heavens and reveals Himself in extraordinary ways. For example, signs, symbols or metaphors.

But what does the Scriptures say???

Hebrews 1:1-2...........
"God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds".

It could not be any clearer. We do not and should not look for signs, symbols or miracles or metaphors. We have the Word of God from the Son of God. What else would we be needing to look for?

This would also include "dreams and visions".

Think...........
Most of the cults were formed when their supposed prophets received special visions, visitations or revelations from God, and they supposedly were told to form special churches or movements. Among those groups are the Mormons, Christian Science, Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventist. Each claims God spoke or appeared to them directly and now they represent God and men should follow them.

Do the names Jim Jones, David Koresh, Kip Mekean, Harold Camping ring a bell???? They all had a dream or a vision which was not found in the Word of God and all were disasters.

But what does the Scriptures say???

Hebrews 1:1-2...........
"God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds".

It could not be any clearer. We do not and should not look for signs, symbols or miracles or metaphors. We have the Word of God from the Son of God. What else would we be needing to look for?

This would also include "dreams and visions".

Think...........
Most of the cults were formed when their supposed prophets received special visions, visitations or revelations from God, and they supposedly were told to form special churches or movements. Among those groups are the Mormons, Christian Science, Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventist. Each claims God spoke or appeared to them directly and now they represent God and men should follow them.

Do the names Jim Jones, David Koresh, Kip Mekean, Harold Camping ring a bell???? They all had a dream or a vision which was not found in the Word of God and all were disasters.

I don't know if I entirely disagree with Dorothy. Being a Christian we do look at the world with new glasses on. Signs, symbols and metaphors are everywhere.

I think we just need some extra light / confirmation from elders. Nothing must contravene scripture.

Wow! Absolutely phenomenal!
God is good. I believe that when a man or woman is genuinely ready to follow the Lord whole heartedly - then He opens up the heavens and reveals Himself in extraordinary ways. For example, signs, symbols or metaphors.
Hello there @Dorothy Tipene,

I believe that the Word of God is the sum total of all revelation. At present God is silent. The Word of God has been given, Christ has died and risen to God's right hand. We believe God concerning the person and work of the Lord Jesus Christ, and it is accounted to us as righteousness. We live looking now for His appearing in glory, when we will appear with Him there. No more revelation required. We are sealed unto that day. All is accomplished.

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hello there @Dorothy Tipene,

I believe that the Word of God is the sum total of all revelation. At present God is silent. The Word of God has been given, Christ has died and risen to God's right hand. We believe God concerning the person and work of the Lord Jesus Christ, and it is accounted to us as righteousness. We live looking now for His appearing in glory, when we will appear with Him there. No more revelation required. We are sealed unto that day. All is accomplished.

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Excellent comment! That is exactly what the Scriptures teach us my sister.

Now the question must be WHY is that the case?

Because the fact is that if we allow a person to tell us that God has spoken to "them" and it is not based in God's Word, then the door is opened to whatever that person has a desire to say.

Example would be....."God has given me a dream/vision and he wants all of our church members to give $1000.00 to our general fund".
Example would be....."God said to me that if you all do not give enough so we can pay the bills, God will take me home".

Really? Those are only two real life examples that already have taken place. The sad truth is that there are millions of more.

A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Who is not double minded?
Who is not serving God and mammon?
Who has forsaken all; denying the flesh, the lust of it and the pride of this life, and picked up the cross of their testimony, and followed Him?
Who has sold all that they own and gave to the poor, and have treasure in heaven?
Who?
Let our conversation become the gospel of Christ. Who? No idle words or worldly chatter, pointing of fingers and gossip of one another, backbiting and hateful; just the gospel of Christ. Who?

A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Who is not double minded?
Who is not serving God and mammon?
Who has forsaken all; denying the flesh, the lust of it and the pride of this life, and picked up the cross of their testimony, and followed Him?
Who has sold all that they own and gave to the poor, and have treasure in heaven?
Who?
Let our conversation become the gospel of Christ. Who? No idle words or worldly chatter, pointing of fingers and gossip of one another, backbiting and hateful; just the gospel of Christ. Who?

I am not sure what you are trying to say because your comment is rather ambiguous, at least to me.

IF you are saying that ALL people are sinners and none are righteous, you are Exactly correct!!!! That is why it is imperative to stick with the Word of God and not dreams or visions or "words of wisdom" from a man.

Romans 3:23.....
"ALL have sinned and come short of the approval of God".

Romans 3:10....
"As it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one."

Psalms 12:2-3
"The LORD looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God. All have turned aside, they have together become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one. "

It is a proven fact that greedy preachers, TV evangelists, teachers or whatever you choose to call them would rather disobey God's Word and keep you in fear, rather than in perfect love, so they can bamboozle you into giving... and giving... and giving... not for the sake of lost souls, but to maintain their extravagant lifestyles at your expense.

That is why the phrase......"God told me to tell you to give to this ministry", is used by many and it is totally non-Biblical.

If thou wilt be (perfect) go sell all that is thine a give to the poor and ye shall have treasure in heaven; is what Jesus said to the rich young ruler. He went away borrowed in the heart, for he had many possessions.

I am not sure what you are trying to say because your comment is rather ambiguous, at least to me.

IF you are saying that ALL people are sinners and none are righteous, you are Exactly correct!!!! That is why it is imperative to stick with the Word of God and not dreams or visions or "words of wisdom" from a man.

Romans 3:23.....
"ALL have sinned and come short of the approval of God".

Romans 3:10....
"As it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one."

Psalms 12:2-3
"The LORD looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God. All have turned aside, they have together become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one. "

It is a proven fact that greedy preachers, TV evangelists, teachers or whatever you choose to call them would rather disobey God's Word and keep you in fear, rather than in perfect love, so they can bamboozle you into giving... and giving... and giving... not for the sake of lost souls, but to maintain their extravagant lifestyles at your expense.

That is why the phrase......"God told me to tell you to give to this ministry", is used by many and it is totally non-Biblical.
Yes they are money hungry and blood thirsty.

I perceive God would have to use a donkey to speak in there, cause it is man consumed. Even then, they would be doubtful at what the donkey spoke.

How beautiful! You have been blessed to be able to have seen something like that! Praise the Lord! Many don't believe it's something that could happen in our time, but it does the Holy Spirit is still with us. How can it be from something else if it makes you realize your love for the Lord. And the Lord affirming His love for you. God bless
Thank you for that,[/QUOTE]

Hope you are doing well! Did you get the interpretation to what you saw?

To All Members....
A Friendly Reminder

This thread is starting to go way off course and needs to get back on topic.

Also Friendly Reminder that

demeaning any one including servants of God even if you do not agree with is an argument starter and is against forum policies.

Please Think before you Post.
Blessings
FCJ

God shows us things in visions sometimes.
It will have special symbolic meaning to you. If you keep reading the Bible He will give you clues.
What I got from that vision you shared is God is showing you the sun, but also reminding you he sent his only SON to you. The sun rising...is like Jesus the SON rising...three times is like the witness of the blood, water and spirit...where two or three are gathered..He is there.
Because He loves you. Very often personal experiences like this are for the recipient only. It edifies the individual and reminds them that He cares.
There are many who will be skeptical, and justly so, but your "vision" had no doctrinal content or scenes needing interpretation, and as such would be condidered completely harmless if nothing else.

QUOTE but your "vision" had no doctrinal content or scenes needing interpretation, and as such would be condidered completely harmless if nothing else.
What dose this mean?please

QUOTE but your "vision" had no doctrinal content or scenes needing interpretation, and as such would be condidered completely harmless if nothing else.
What dose this mean?please

This original post is about 6 or 7 years old and all the people who posted in it are gone.......except me.

I am still here because of the paycheck that bobinfaith continues to send me!

I do not wish to write off anybody's experiences as nothing, but I am saying approach it with a side of caution. All too quickly do we emphasize something associated with God when it may not be. I am not denying anybody their experience, but a common trend that comes from the evil works of the charismatic church movement is the idea that every odd dream/vision is a work of God. Even people in cults say they have experienced God in a dream. We must back every experience we have with scripture, otherwise we leave ourselves susceptible to the snares of the devil and our own mind

King James Version. 1 Corinthians 2:9

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Back